The Identity of the Real Zodiac

an17...@anon.penet.fi

Dec 28, 1994, 10:32:56 AM12/28/94

It is with great reluctance that I post this article, re-written
from a note I wrote in 1985 and sent to several police
departments and to the author of "Zodiac", all of whom ignored
it. I am still concerned for my personal safety, and for
the possibility that this may not be taken seriously, hence
I must remain anonymous.

A series of random murders in both Los Angeles and San Francisco,
and the television broadcast of a composite sketch of the killer,
strongly suggested in 1985 that the Zodiac killer, who was
never caught, may have been involved. Zodiac committed his
initial crimes in San Francisco, and later was traced to the LA
area. The San Francisco night stalker, some ten years later,
followed a similar pattern.

I attended Pacific High School in San Bernardino, California and
graduated there in 1964. Among the students at that time was one
the other kids called "Big Bad Zode". They called him that
because he was puny, wierd, and called himself ZODIAC. "Zode" was
an extremely odd person. He was seriously disturbed, angry and
violent. He was teased mercilessly, and often
threatened the students that someday he would kill them
all, and that someday he would be a famous person.

A typical scene:

"Hey, Zode, are you going to kill us all?"
"You are so stupid. Someday I will be very famous and you will
all be dead."
"Oh yeah? How are you going to do it?"
"You'll find out, and they'll never catch me. And then when I
finally die you'll all be my slaves".

Details

"Zode" referred to himself as Zodiac, wrote "Zodiac" on classroom
chalkboards and told
everyone to remember that name. He said that his victims would
become his slaves in the afterlife. He resembled
the televised police composite sketch of the San Francisco
night stalker. He was highly intelligent, made a point of
telling everyone how stupid they were, and achieved high
scores on the SAT, a fact that one would not have suspected given
his odd behavior, dress, and handwriting. He flapped his arms
around the schoolyard and cawed like a crow, and masturbated in
the urinals. He preferred to use wide soft pencils, and printed,
rather than wrote, in a childish scrawl. The handwriting
found on a desk at San Bernardino Valley College, closely
resembled that of "Zode", which I saw once in a paper he
wrote about one of the girls in the class, and which outraged the
instructor to the point of threatening him that "if he ever wrote
anything like that again, he was going to call the police".
Several other teachers were similarly outraged at the content of
his manuscripts, though they never revealed them to the classes.
Given his disturbed personality, "Zode" probably should not have
attended public school. In fact, there was speculation that his
parents held some sort of powerful political influence and thus
were able to keep him in the school.

The investigators in charge of the Zodiac investigation in San
Francisco at the time received this information, and within a few
weeks the Zodiac crimes ceased.

"Zode" was of short stature, and may have had a
hunchback. He wore thick glasses, dressed in dark clothing, had
dark curly or wavy hair, and may have been from the middle
east. His picture may not have been included in the High
School annual, at his request. However, "Zode"
was well known to the students, particularly members of
the Key Club and student council. It is certain that his
instructors would not have forgotten him.

In 1964 Pacific High School graduated over 1200 Seniors, the
largest class in California History. Given "Zode"'s blatant
nature, it is surprising that his connection to Zodiac was never
made public. It seems that he was right in his assessment of our
stupidity. Certainly, "Zode" struck a blow against the society
that persecuted him.

By the way, if you care to identify yourself and can prove that
you have the means at your disposal to use this information
to eliminate Zodiac, send me a response via this anonymous
mail server and I'll contact you with "Zode"'s real name.
To find out more about the anon service, send mail to he...@anon.penet.fi.
Please report any problems, inappropriate use etc. to ad...@anon.penet.fi.