Van Dam Update 2/10

Maggie

Feb 10, 2002, 1:59:51 PM2/10/02
Sounds like that Pierce fellow from the Millennium Children's Fund is a
charlatan. From the SD Union Tribune:

Tow driver's account wrong
Suspect in kidnapping of girl didn't strand RV on Feb. 2, police say
By Bruce Lieberman and Mark Arner

February 10, 2002

A towing service owner in Imperial Valley mixed up his days when he said the
motor home of a suspect in the Danielle van Dam disappearance became stuck in
the desert Feb. 2, an investigator said.

David Westerfield, who has been the focus of the investigation into the
disappearance of the 7-year-old San Diego girl, was stranded with his motor
home Feb. 3, not Feb. 2. Danielle's parents reported her missing the morning of
Feb. 2.

After conducting extensive interviews with witnesses, police concluded that tow
service owner Dan Conklin confused his time line. The investigator said others
confirmed that Westerfield's RV was pulled out Feb. 3.

Conklin told The San Diego Union-Tribune on Thursday that Westerfield's motor
home was stuck in the sand at least a mile off the nearest road last Saturday.
He said he was called out to help in late morning to midafternoon.

Conklin's time line had Westerfield in Imperial Valley, then at Silver Strand
State Beach near Coronado and back out in the desert. Police explored that
scenario and concluded it was inaccurate, the investigator said.

Conklin could not be reached last night at his home. Damon van Dam was the last
to see Danielle when he tucked her into her canopy bed after 10 p.m. Feb. 1.

Since then, her disappearance has attracted national attention. The van Dams
have been interviewed extensively by all manner of media, and Danielle was
mentioned last night on Fox television's "America's Most Wanted."

In other developments yesterday:

 More than 300 men and women combed coastal hills and valleys and the mountains
for any sign of Danielle. The volunteers, in 30 search parties of about 10
people each, fanned out across a 25-mile radius from the van Dam home in Sabre
Springs. They canvassed south to Imperial Beach, east to Julian and north to
Pauma Valley.

The search, which will continue today, was organized by the Texas-based Laura
Recovery Center Foundation. The foundation was named after a 12-year-old girl
from Friendswood, Texas, found slain 17 days after she disappeared in 1997.

As of late yesterday, the searchers, including one group on horseback along Old
Julian Highway east of Ramona, had found nothing useful.

"We haven't come across anything that points directly to Danielle," said Bob
Walcutt, executive director of the foundation.

 The man who offered a $10,000 reward for Danielle's return said there is no
money on hand to pay it.

"We have received no money since I came on the scene," said Douglas Pierce,
founder of the Millennium Children's Fund. "As of late last night, nothing has
come in."

When asked about how he would make good on his much-publicized reward, Pierce
said he can call underwriters who support his organization.

"Moneys are now available to our organization in a variety of ways," he said.

He would not elaborate.

Pierce reported no income and no expenses for the 2000 tax year on a federal
990-EZ tax form. Yesterday, he said he paid expenses out of his pocket.

 The van Dams urged everyone to focus on the search for their daughter and not
on "distractions," such as rumors about their private life.

"We are here today to focus on finding Danielle," Brenda van Dam told a news
conference in front of their home yesterday afternoon.

A couple of hours later, the van Dams left to watch their 9-year-old son,
Derek, at baseball practice on a field next to Morning Creek Elementary School.

"This would be so different if (Danielle) were here," Damon van Dam said as he
watched his son play catch. "You get a couple seconds of this feeling normal
again, and then you remember that she's gone."

 Westerfield, who lives two houses from the van Dams, apparently remained in
seclusion in his home, while television vans and roughly two dozen reporters,
photographers and video cameramen waited outside. Westerfield has permitted
police to search his house and to talk to him many times. He hired a defense
attorney last week, but at no time has he been under arrest.

Police have been watching Westerfield since he returned Monday from a weekend
getaway. An investigator said Westerfield told police he first drove his motor
home to Silver Strand State Beach the afternoon of Feb. 2 and then drove to the
dunes in the Imperial Valley desert.

Yesterday, the volunteer search parties started early and worked until dark.

Among them was Andy Voggenthaler, who as he left home told his children he was
helping find a lost little girl. His 5-year-old girl and 3-year-old boy said
they wanted to come along.

"It's just unconscionable," said Voggenthaler, who lives near the van Dam home.
"To think, how could someone harm a little girl, a 7-year-old girl?"

Voggenthaler was one of 10 volunteers who hiked outside Ramona, along Mussey
Grade Road and into Dos Picos County Park.

Several other search parties, outfitted with bright-orange vests, cell phones
and maps, embarked from a command center at the Doubletree Golf Resort in
Rancho Peñasquitos. Organizers there have named their center the "Danielle
Recovery Center."

Finding clues proved daunting for search parties scouring the rugged and vast
backcountry, where missing people, or signs of them, could be just about
anywhere.

In Dos Picos County Park, where Voggenthaler and others hiked, narrow hillside
trails, shaded campgrounds, thick brush and towering boulders presented
countless hiding places.

The volunteers examined paper tossed on the side of the road, a discarded pair
of boxer shorts lying in a clump of grass, a bag filled with cookies and corn
chips.

"Kid food," said Guy Emanuele, 36, a Scripps Ranch resident who found the bag
near the park. Like other scraps, the bag was marked with an orange ribbon for
later review.

Once inside Dos Picos, Voggenthaler and others knelt at drainage pipes and
peered into the shadows, haltingly lifted Dumpster lids, trudged through tall
grass and scrambled over boulders and into dry stream beds.

"Where do you go? Which way?" Voggenthaler asked as he hiked through the park.

His search party regrouped in the park's parking lot before heading back in for
another look. Volunteer searches are critical in the hunt for Danielle, said
Dawn Davis with the Laura Recovery Center Foundation.

"We want to eliminate these areas and conclude that she's not there," Davis
said.

Up the road from the park, Richard Williams watched the volunteers as he stood
at the fence near his ranch house. Williams said he fears the worst.

"You hope and pray," he said. "But time is not on our side now."

Bruce Lieberman: (760) 752-6738; bruce.l...@uniontrib.com

Arner: (619) 542-4556; mark....@uniontrib.com

Maggie

"The probability of a person being right increases in direct proportion to the
intensity with which others are trying to prove him wrong." --Bob Augdahl

GTurney345

Feb 10, 2002, 2:11:07 PM2/10/02
Maggie Wrote>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Well, from all this it would seem that the talk radio guys story of "Highly
Placed Law Enforcement Sources" and Sex Parties in The Garage" that someone
posted yesterday were only his pathetic attempt to cash in on this story and
try and make the big time.

Kris Baker

Feb 10, 2002, 3:59:31 PM2/10/02

GTurney345 wrote:

> Well, from all this it would seem that the talk radio guys story of
"Highly
>Placed Law Enforcement Sources" and Sex Parties in The Garage" that someone
>posted yesterday were only his pathetic attempt to cash in on this story
and
>try and make the big time.

Please learn to snip; we didn't need to re-read 100+ lines of the story
to get down to your short comment.

Kris

GTurney345

Feb 10, 2002, 4:23:51 PM2/10/02
Kris Baker Wrote>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>Please learn to snip; we didn't need to re-read 100+ lines of the story
>to get down to your short comment.
>
>Kris

The entire story formed the basis of my reply.
If scrolling through a quoted story is too complicated for you, feel free to
not read my posts in the future.

Luk

Feb 10, 2002, 4:34:23 PM2/10/02

Kris Baker wrote

> Please learn to snip; we didn't need to re-read 100+ lines of the story
> to get down to your short comment.

Hey Kris -

Aren't you afraid GT will come back and tell you to learn
not to send multiple posts that say the same thing?

But you're right. Most people don't do enough snipping.

Luk

Patty

Feb 10, 2002, 4:45:35 PM2/10/02
http://www.nctimes.net/news/2002/20020210/53130.html
Parents of missing girl start to think of future
JO MORELAND
North County Times
February 10, 2002

SABRE SPRINGS ---- A week after their 7-year-old daughter disappeared
from their Sabre Springs home, Brenda and Damon van Dam said Saturday
evening that they still hope for Danielle's safe return.

The couple held hands as they sat on a couch in the comfortable home
of a family friend during a brief interview with a reporter.

"It's more difficult every day, but we have to keep telling ourselves
that she's still alive, she's coming home where she belongs," Brenda
van Dam said.

More than 400 volunteers had spent the day combing a 25-mile radius
around their Mountain Pass Road home in an attempt to find any sign of
Danielle, missing since the night of Feb. 1.

Police, who believe she was abducted, continued their investigation.
No arrests had been made as of Saturday night.

The van Dams had spent the afternoon with their sons at the older
boy's minor American Little League practice. While 9-year-old Derek
was on the baseball diamond, 5-year-old Dylan collected pine cones.

"He brought us each a pine cone," Brenda van Dam said. "Before we
left, he collected pine cones for Danielle."

During the baseball practice, her husband said, "there were very short
little pieces of normal life."

Citing the continuing police investigation, the couple declined to
discuss the case, their personal lives, media coverage, or a neighbor
two doors from their home who is the primary focus of the law
enforcement investigation into their child's disappearance.

"We're staying focused on finding our daughter," Brenda van Dam said.

The van Dams said they have not been reading or watching news coverage
of the case.

Damon van Dam urged people to help the volunteer search operating out
of the Danielle Recovery Center at the Doubletree Golf Resort at 14455
Penasquitos Drive in Carmel Mountain Ranch. They need water and other
supplies.

The father of the missing girl also asked anyone who goes out to the
desert area near Glamis to keep their eyes open for any sign of
Danielle or anything unusual.

The neighbor being investigated by police told them he went to that
area Feb. 2, the day the van Dams discovered their daughter was
missing. Rangers also have told police that the neighbor was at the
Silver Strand State Beach Park in Coronado that same day.

Brenda van Dam said she has just handed over her duties as a "cookie
mom" for her daughter, who is a Brownie Scout, to someone else.

"We have thought about the future," she said. "We try not to, but we
have. We have two more boys who have to become productive members of
society."

They said they wanted to thank everyone who has helped them, and that
they hope to have a big reunion party with all the supporters
somewhere when Danielle is home.

Police have said that Damon van Dam was home with the couple's three
children the night of Feb. 1 while his wife was out with friends.

When Brenda van Dam returned with friends about 2 a.m., police said,
she closed the doors of her children's bedrooms so the noise wouldn't
disturb them, but she didn't look in at their beds.

Later, the security system at the home alerted the van Dams to an open
side door or gate and a sliding glass door. Police were told the
couple thought the friends had opened them. The family discovered
Danielle was missing at 9 the next morning.

Dave McNally, 36, had just bought the house between the van Dams and
the neighbor who has been questioned repeatedly by police Jan. 31.
McNally met the van Dams the next afternoon, hours before the
second-grader disappeared.

"They came over to the house, brought Danielle with them, sold us Girl
Scout cookies," McNally said Saturday. "The next day, he (Damon van
Dam) came running over here, asked us to check our house, because
she's known to sleepwalk."

McNally, who hadn't moved into the house yet, said that they didn't
find the missing second-grader at that time.

Since then, police have searched his home as well as others. McNally's
lawn is crushed where the mass of media have stood on it while the van
Dams made brief appearances on their lawn next door to talk with
reporters.

"It's about the safest house in the city right now," McNally said.
"Nothing happens at my house that I don't see on TV three times a
day."

In front of his corner house sits a table filled with teddy bears,
candles, messages of good wishes and other symbols to show support for
the van Dams. Fliers with Danielle's smiling face also have been
placed there.

Diane Schmitz of Poway was among the people who stopped to leave a
message this week. Her 7-year-old daughter, Caitlin, also is in
Scouts.

"She has a lot of questions," Schmitz said, starting to cry. "All I
think about is, what if it was her? She's just worried about where
Danielle is and what somebody might be doing to her. If they find out
Danielle's not coming home, I don't know how I'm going to break it to
her."

GTurney345

Feb 10, 2002, 4:49:05 PM2/10/02
Luk Wrote>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>Hey Kris -
>
>Aren't you afraid GT will come back and tell you to learn
>not to send multiple posts that say the same thing?

Yes, I have noticed Kris's habit of doing this myself. The thing is I have
enough sense to just skip over his/her repeted posts while Kris said he/she had
to re-read the entire article.
I honestly thought most people had enough sense to just scroll through any
previously read text. Guess this simple task is too complicated for Kris
though.

Kris Baker

Feb 10, 2002, 4:50:48 PM2/10/02

GTurney345 wrote in message <20020210162351...@mb-cg.aol.com>...

Typical and expected response. My apologies for not typing
it out for you in advance, to save you the keystrokes. I'm not
talking personal preferences; I'm talking established and
accepted Netiquette.

As for not reading your posts: do you plan to post anything
worthwhile, or just flame those who make suggestions? I'm
seriously hoping you have something to add to the group, so
I'll give you a chance.

Kris

GTurney345

Feb 10, 2002, 5:00:17 PM2/10/02
Kris Baker Wrote>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>I'm not
>talking personal preferences; I'm talking established and
>accepted Netiquette.

And you're habit of making multiple posts that say the same thing is
established and
accepted Netiquette?

I seriously thought you would have had the sense to scroll through something
you had already readt instead of re-reading it like you said you did.

Guess I was mistaken.

Kris Baker

Feb 10, 2002, 5:16:09 PM2/10/02

GTurney345 wrote in message <20020210170017...@mb-cg.aol.com>...

>Kris Baker Wrote>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>
>>I'm not talking personal preferences; I'm talking established and
>>accepted Netiquette.
>
>And you're habit of making multiple posts that say the same thing is
>established and accepted Netiquette?

Example, please.

> I seriously thought you would have had the sense to scroll through
something
>you had already readt instead of re-reading it like you said you did.
>
> Guess I was mistaken.

Please killfile me, rather than paying so much attention to what
I post. Your life will be happier.

Kris
I care. I really care.

GTurney345

Feb 10, 2002, 5:23:22 PM2/10/02
Kris Baker Wrote>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> Please killfile me, rather than paying so much attention to what
> I post. Your life will be happier.

It looks to me that it is you who worries about what others post.

I wasn't the one who started this you know.

d~

Feb 10, 2002, 5:42:59 PM2/10/02
On 10 Feb 2002 13:45:35 -0800, eartha...@yahoo.com (Patty) wrote:

>http://www.nctimes.net/news/2002/20020210/53130.html
>Parents of missing girl start to think of future
>JO MORELAND
>North County Times
>February 10, 2002

{snip}

>They said they wanted to thank everyone who has helped them, and that
>they hope to have a big reunion party with all the supporters
>somewhere when Danielle is home.

{snip}

{one eyebrow raised}

?!?

Kind of weird thing to say, considering the current rumors.

d~

=^.^=

Feb 10, 2002, 5:54:16 PM2/10/02
On 10 Feb 2002 13:45:35 -0800, eartha...@yahoo.com (Patty) wrote:

>http://www.nctimes.net/news/2002/20020210/53130.html
>Parents of missing girl start to think of future
>JO MORELAND
>North County Times
>February 10, 2002
>

>snip

Reading that headline..I thought they were going to repaint her room
and make it into a den....

nicki

Jim

Feb 10, 2002, 7:09:44 PM2/10/02

"Maggie" <maggi...@aol.comSPAMBLOC> wrote in message

> The van Dams urged everyone to focus on the search for their daughter and
not
> on "distractions," such as rumors about their private life.
>
> "We are here today to focus on finding Danielle," Brenda van Dam told a
news
> conference in front of their home yesterday afternoon.
>
> A couple of hours later, the van Dams left to watch their 9-year-old son,
> Derek, at baseball practice on a field next to Morning Creek Elementary
School.

Shades of the Ramseys

Jim

Feb 10, 2002, 7:10:47 PM2/10/02

"=^.^=" <nick...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Reading that headline..I thought they were going to repaint her room
> and make it into a den....

....of iniquity?

=^.^=

Feb 10, 2002, 7:48:42 PM2/10/02

ok.this is serious sad stuff..but that was funny!!!

Maggie

Feb 10, 2002, 8:08:13 PM2/10/02
patty posted a news story:

>Dave McNally, 36, had just bought the house between the van Dams and
>the neighbor who has been questioned repeatedly by police Jan. 31.
>McNally met the van Dams the next afternoon, hours before the
>second-grader disappeared.
>
>"They came over to the house, brought Danielle with them, sold us Girl
>Scout cookies," McNally said Saturday. "The next day, he (Damon van
>Dam) came running over here, asked us to check our house, because
>she's known to sleepwalk."
>
>McNally, who hadn't moved into the house yet, said that they didn't
>find the missing second-grader at that time.

**I hadn't realized that the cookie sale had occurred just hours before the
girl disappeared. Sure hope they've checked out everyone whose house was
approached that day.

Maggie

Feb 10, 2002, 8:08:37 PM2/10/02

***Why?

Maggie

Feb 10, 2002, 8:09:14 PM2/10/02

nicki said:
>Reading that headline..I thought they were going to repaint her room
>and make it into a den....

***LOL. I thought the same thing. Moving on.

Chocolic

Feb 11, 2002, 1:03:44 AM2/11/02

"Kris Baker" <kris....@prodigyy.net> wrote in message
When a thread is first started, it is kinda nice to have the whole article
to read after the first few answers. Sometimes the original article isn't
available any longer, depending on your reader.

You just having a bad day?

Chocolic

Chocolic

Feb 11, 2002, 1:11:20 AM2/11/02

"Jim" <jimd...@nospam.com> wrote in message
Not!

Chocolic

GTurney345

Feb 11, 2002, 1:18:38 AM2/11/02
Chocolic Wrote>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>When a thread is first started, it is kinda nice to have the whole article
>to read after the first few answers. Sometimes the original article isn't
>available any longer, depending on your reader.

I agree. I also honestly felt that anyone who had read the original article
would have the good sense to scroll down and not re-read it like Kris says
he/she did.

CJ

Feb 11, 2002, 3:59:07 AM2/11/02
GTurney345 wrote:

> Well, from all this it would seem that the talk radio guys story of "Highly
>Placed Law Enforcement Sources" and Sex Parties in The Garage" that
someone
>posted yesterday were only his pathetic attempt to cash in on this
story and
>try and make the big time.

GT,

I'm confused...How is Rick Roberts (760 AM KFMB) just talking big by
what was written in that UT article you made us read. Is it because
the UT didn't mention the wife swapping, or the Westerfield
confession, or the child porn in Westerfield house (we had that one
first, thanks to the other "legitimate" media confirming what we
already talked about)or the special locks on the VD garage, or the
many other facts our Law Enforcement source broke on the show on
Friday? COME ON GT...YOU EXPECT THE UT TO BREAK NEWS??? YOU HAVE TO BE
KIDDING! They have a hard time covering what's already out there.

How about this GT...listen to The Rick Roberts Show this Monday 3 to 7
on 760AM KFMB...if you think he's full of crap call in - 1 800 760
KFMB (5362). But my guess is you will listen, get informed, and
possibly even agree with his position.

And just for your etification, before this case ever existed Rick has
appeared on every national show out there...His main reason for going
with what he knew and trusted from his source was because 2 children
remain in that house. If the Van Dams were so busy getting their
jollies that they didn't see someone walk in and snatch one of their
kids, doesn't it stand to reason that the other 2 remaining kids might
be in harms way. THAT'S WHY HE BROKE WHAT HE KNEW. And frankly it was
brave of him to do it.

You probably don't listen to the show, or your a pissed off listener.
Either way, please get informed.

CJ
Rick Roberts Executive Producer

P.S. If you are looking for "the real story" on this case...there's
us, and Fox 6...they have been doing really good, and then the
national media like Newsweek are a good place to go. Not just the same
old filtered story over and over.

Luk

Feb 11, 2002, 8:35:31 AM2/11/02
CJ wrote:
> And just for your etification, before this case ever existed Rick has

> appeared on every national show out there...His main reason for going
> with what he knew and trusted from his source was because 2 children
> remain in that house. If the Van Dams were so busy getting their
> jollies that they didn't see someone walk in and snatch one of their
> kids, doesn't it stand to reason that the other 2 remaining kids might
> be in harms way. THAT'S WHY HE BROKE WHAT HE KNEW. And frankly it was
> brave of him to do it.
>
> You probably don't listen to the show, or your a pissed off listener.
> Either way, please get informed.
>
> CJ
> Rick Roberts Executive Producer

Uh - excuse me, but why would Roberts need to spread
the rumor about the wife-swapping to save the other children?
What seems to be the issue is that the adults were locked
in a garage partying and were separated from the children.
Hence the kidnapper had a clear field.

Luk

GTurney345

Feb 11, 2002, 1:01:55 PM2/11/02

Here's the long and straight of it... IF Westerfield had been found with true
"Kiddie Porn" he would have been arrested and the only way he would be at home
right now would be if he had bonded out.
I don't care who has reported it. This just means they have been duped by the
same"Reliable Source" as Roberts seems to have been duped by.

Luk

Feb 11, 2002, 1:18:49 PM2/11/02
> GT wrote:
>
> Here's the long and straight of it... IF Westerfield had been found with true
> "Kiddie Porn" he would have been arrested and the only way he would be at home
> right now would be if he had bonded out.
> I don't care who has reported it. This just means they have been duped by the
> same"Reliable Source" as Roberts seems to have been duped by.

I have no idea how illegal it is to view kiddie porn.
But if you're right, that throws doubt on quite a
few rumors.

Luk

Ben Dover

Feb 11, 2002, 3:12:08 PM2/11/02

> I have no idea how illegal it is to view kiddie porn.
> But if you're right, that throws doubt on quite a
> few rumors.
>
> Luk

Its very illegal, a federal offense. However it has to be pic of underage
people depicting a sex act or in a sexual postion type shot. Just nudity is
legal, like walking around naked or kids in a bathtub, although your local
Photo-mat might not think so or local cops and you acn get a big hassle over
it.

eri...@webtv.net

Feb 11, 2002, 3:35:16 PM2/11/02
My understanding is that Westerfield has not been arrested for
possessing kiddie porn, which is a crime, because police think they can
get more info from him by allowing him to 'run free' at
present.....Erin.

Maggie

Feb 11, 2002, 3:55:33 PM2/11/02

***How would that work?

Face it, guys, there is no kiddie porn.

maggie < maybe it was just naked pics of his own kids when they were babies.

yaffaDina1

Feb 11, 2002, 4:42:01 PM2/11/02
Maggie wrote:

On the news this morning it was postulated that the police had a better hold
over him as long as they didn't prosecute him -- they can later.
yD

Maggie

Feb 11, 2002, 5:04:01 PM2/11/02

***Postulated by whom? Carrot Top? If the police have evidence of a felony,
then arrest and prosecution are the only things that give them any sort of hold
over Westerfield. Think about it. If the cops truly believe this guy is
guilty of abducting a child and likely killing her, do you really think they'd
let him walk on a kiddie porn charge (if they had the evidence)? What kind of
danger would that present to the rest of the community?

I don't think the cops have shit.

GTurney345

Feb 11, 2002, 5:23:04 PM2/11/02
Maggie Wrote>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>***Postulated by whom? Carrot Top? If the police have evidence of a felony,
>then arrest and prosecution are the only things that give them any sort of
>hold
>over Westerfield. Think about it. If the cops truly believe this guy is
>guilty of abducting a child and likely killing her, do you really think
>they'd
>let him walk on a kiddie porn charge (if they had the evidence)? What kind
>of
>danger would that present to the rest of the community?
>
>I don't think the cops have shit.
>
>Maggie

This has been my view all along. IF this guy had been caught with *true*
kiddie porn AND had even hinted that he might have been the one who had
kidnaped this girl, he would be in jail where they could pressure him 24 hours
a day to disclose the location of her or her body and not sitting in his living
room eating Doritos and watching TV.

This whole thing smells of a talk radio personality (Roberts) who sees a way
to jack up his ratings OR he was duped very badly by someone.

Desi

Feb 11, 2002, 5:26:44 PM2/11/02

Luk wrote in message <3C67C8A3...@bellsouth.net>...
>If their life-style has endangered their children, I think
that should be looked at. Bringing home two female friends
and two men from a bar (strangers?) and engaging in sex
while you are locked in a garage (which has windows at the
top)
has a very short drive-way and possibly could be heard from
the outside is not exactly good parental behavior.
Reportedly, she danced with , spoke to Westerfield. His
first (and only, I think) interview he says he thought her
husband was away on business
and she had a babysitter. The perp may have heard them or
looked in the garage windows and knew he had a clear path.
BTW, it is a five bedrrom home,
the stairs are open and very close to the front door.
Four bedrooms upstairs, with Danielle's being right next to
her parents.

desi

d~

Feb 11, 2002, 6:21:05 PM2/11/02
On 11 Feb 2002 01:08:37 GMT, maggi...@aol.comSPAMBLOC (Maggie)
wrote:

>>On 10 Feb 2002 13:45:35 -0800, eartha...@yahoo.com (Patty) wrote:
>>
>>>http://www.nctimes.net/news/2002/20020210/53130.html
>>>Parents of missing girl start to think of future
>>>JO MORELAND
>>>North County Times
>>>February 10, 2002
>>>
>>{snip}
>>
>>>They said they wanted to thank everyone who has helped them, and that
>>>they hope to have a big reunion party with all the supporters
>>>somewhere when Danielle is home.
>>{snip}
>>
>>{one eyebrow raised}
>>
>>?!?
>>
>>Kind of weird thing to say, considering the current rumors.
>>
>>d~
>
>***Why?

um, group sex party rumors? + "hope to have a big reunion party"

sorry. just my quirky humor.

d~

FeAudrey

Feb 11, 2002, 7:36:22 PM2/11/02
>>>Please learn to snip; we didn't need to re-read 100+ lines of the story
>>>to get down to your short comment.

>>If scrolling through a quoted story is too complicated for you,
>>feel free to not read my posts in the future.

> I'm
>seriously hoping you have something to add to the group, so
>I'll give you a chance.

Handy hint: The kind of people who leave a 100+ line post intact and add a
sentence or two at the bottom VERY RARELY have anything worthwhile to say.

--
Visit my Iron Age Pages for technical and fun stuff (holiday specials, too)!
http://pages.prodigy.net/feaudrey

Linda Griffith

Feb 11, 2002, 8:22:18 PM2/11/02
"Desi" <de...@cts.com> wrote in message

> Luk wrote in message <3C67C8A3...@bellsouth.net>...
> >Uh - excuse me, but why would Roberts need to spread
> >the rumor about the wife-swapping to save the other
> children?
> >What seems to be the issue is that the adults were locked
> >in a garage partying and were separated from the children.
> >Hence the kidnapper had a clear field.
> >
> >Luk

Good point, Luk.

> >If their life-style has endangered their children, I think

> that should be looked at.<snip>
> desi

Okay, so this Rick Roberts broadcast what he heard from a "reliable LE
source" on what, Friday?, because he thought that the children remaining in
the home were in jeopardy. The "children's foundation" guy with no expenses
or income said the parents should be investigated. (Apparently both Rick
Roberts and the other man think CPS workers are sitting around, listening to
the radio and/or TV, waiting for abuse or neglect reports to be announced on
the air.) Does anyone know if CPS has investigated these parents as a
result of either of the two "warnings", or if Rick Roberts, his LE
informant, or the foundation-guy actually made a report directly to CPS?
What kind of "reliable law enforcement officer, full of integrity" would
give his information to a talk-radio host, rather than directly to CPS?

It made for an interesting report, but the more I think about it, the worse
it sounds for Rick Roberts and his informant. As I said before, I didn't
like RR when he was in *this* area; but I thought it was just his politics I
didn't like.

Linda

Luk

Feb 11, 2002, 9:01:28 PM2/11/02

Linda Griffith wrote:

> What kind of "reliable law enforcement officer, full of integrity" would
> give his information to a talk-radio host, rather than directly to CPS?

> It made for an interesting report, but the more I think about it, the worse
> it sounds for Rick Roberts and his informant.

That's been my reaction.

Luk

Michael Thal

Feb 11, 2002, 11:58:15 PM2/11/02
"Desi" <de...@cts.com> wrote in message
|The perp may have heard them or
| looked in the garage windows and knew he had a clear path.
| BTW, it is a five bedrrom home,
| the stairs are open and very close to the front door.
| Four bedrooms upstairs, with Danielle's being right next to
| her parents.

Totally plausible explanation. I have thought since Friday that poor
Danielle was buried by Westerfield in the the desert 80 miles east of San
Diego. While this is not the only possibility, it saddens me that it may
very well be the most likely scenario being advanced to this point.

I have gotten over the shocking revelations about the Van Dam's lifestyle. I
can only hope they are able to find some peace and put aside the guilt that
they must feel.

These are not evil people. But I am convinced Westerfield is!

Michael

Desi

Feb 12, 2002, 12:46:12 AM2/12/02

Michael Thal wrote in message ...
>They may not be evil , but they brought an element into
their home, locked doors or not, that probably
lead to the abduction of their daughter while they were
swapping body fluids with folks only worth enough to be in
their cold garage. It is very plausible that Westerfield
was one of these men. Another thing that repeated today on
the RR show, was that twice;
first when Brenda got home, then when the party broke up,
alarms were flashing and doors opened.
Don't you check , especially since Damon, aka Peter,
has declared Danielle was a sleepwalker? Don't know
anything about sleep walkers, but they said it Sat morning,
but they also said she was a heavy sleeper and if someone
carried her off, she would not awake

desi

Luk

Feb 12, 2002, 9:35:44 AM2/12/02

Michael Thal wrote:

> I have thought since Friday that poor
> Danielle was buried by Westerfield in the the desert 80 miles east of San
> Diego. While this is not the only possibility, it saddens me that it may
> very well be the most likely scenario being advanced to this point.

Wouldn't police dogs have been able to follow a scent
if Westerfield had taken the child out into the desert?
Police have certainly combed that area.

Also - what is the timeline? Wasn't there a correction
as to when Westerfield's motor home was pulled
out of the sand? Someone said that that happened
before Danielle disappeared.

> These are not evil people. But I am convinced Westerfield is!

I'm not convinced yet that he did it.
Anything's still possible.

Luk

Linda Griffith

Feb 12, 2002, 12:39:39 PM2/12/02
"Desi" <de...@cts.com> wrote in message

> Don't you check , especially since Damon, aka Peter,

> has declared Danielle was a sleepwalker?

Did I miss a post? Does Danielle's daddy have an alias?

Linda

Maggie

Feb 12, 2002, 12:50:53 PM2/12/02

***Are you all out in California getting more (credible) information about
Westerfield than the rest of us are? From where I sit, Westerfield doesn't
look the least bit guilty. What do you know that I don't?

Patty

Feb 12, 2002, 5:51:37 PM2/12/02
> >"Desi" <de...@cts.com> wrote in message

> >|The perp may have heard them or

> >| looked in the garage windows and knew he had a clear path.
> >| BTW, it is a five bedrrom home,
> >| the stairs are open and very close to the front door.
> >| Four bedrooms upstairs, with Danielle's being right next to
> >| her parents.
> >|

> >Michael said:
> Totally plausible explanation. I have thought since Friday that poor
> >Danielle was buried by Westerfield in the the desert 80 miles east of San
> >Diego. While this is not the only possibility, it saddens me that it may
> >very well be the most likely scenario being advanced to this point.
> >
> >I have gotten over the shocking revelations about the Van Dam's lifestyle.
> >I can only hope they are able to find some peace and put aside the guilt that
> >they must feel.
> >
> >These are not evil people. But I am convinced Westerfield is!
>
> ***Are you all out in California getting more (credible) information about
> Westerfield than the rest of us are? From where I sit, Westerfield doesn't
> look the least bit guilty. What do you know that I don't?
>
> Maggie

I don't know if he's guilty or not, but a search warrant was issued
for his home AFTER the police searched the neighborhood with the aid
of police dogs. Where was her scent picked up at his house? Then
they took one of his shoes and brought it over to the Van Dams house
to see if the dogs picked up his scent there. He supposedly had never
been to their house so the dogs should not have been able to pick
anything up in or around the house. I don't think he was a suspect
when the Van Dams were administered their lie detector test to ask if
Westerfield had ever been in their home.

As far as the child pornography goes in Westerfield's home, I'll still
take that as rumor.

Patty

Maggie

Feb 13, 2002, 12:08:01 AM2/13/02

patty said:
>I don't know if he's guilty or not, but a search warrant was issued
>for his home AFTER the police searched the neighborhood with the aid
>of police dogs. Where was her scent picked up at his house? Then
>they took one of his shoes and brought it over to the Van Dams house
>to see if the dogs picked up his scent there. He supposedly had never
>been to their house so the dogs should not have been able to pick
>anything up in or around the house. I don't think he was a suspect
>when the Van Dams were administered their lie detector test to ask if
>Westerfield had ever been in their home.

***The news tonight says that some sooper-dooper bloodhound has been called in
by the FBI because local authorities were unhappy with the work the previous
dogs did. The police also say that no arrest is imminent.

I still can't figure out why some people believe Westerfield is
guilty--everything seems to point away from his guilt, IMO.

>As far as the child pornography goes in Westerfield's home, I'll still
>take that as rumor.

***I'll go farther than that--I think it's just plain not true.

tiny dancer

Feb 13, 2002, 1:44:50 AM2/13/02

"Linda Griffith" <grif...@charter.net> wrote in message

I was wondering the same thing myself......where did the Peter come in??

td

Roger Redding

Feb 13, 2002, 3:11:02 AM2/13/02
"tiny dancer" <tinyda...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Perhaps you would like to re-phrase that question?

Roger

CJ

Feb 13, 2002, 2:18:52 AM2/13/02
Well Linda...I believe there is just no pleasing you. Let's say Rick
Roberts knew everything and didn't say a word. Then you would
criticize him for withholding important information. You have an
obvious bias that keeps you from hearing the facts. I feel sorry for
you. Rick risked everything going public with this. Sure, he could
have been like every other media outlet that knows the connection
between the lifestyle and the missing child and kept his mouth shut to
stay safe, but is that really the right thing to do? He decided no,
since there are two kids still in that house.

Plus, as Rick has stated on the show, you can't ask the public to help
you, go on national tv, and ask for donations, and then lie to
everyone about what actually happened that night. Think about
it...they live at the crime scene, WHAT THEY DID THAT NIGHT MATTERS.

Just to ease your mind, which I don't think at this point is possible,
but the millinium guy, Rick Roberts, and, I have heard, the Police
have talked to CPS.

CJ - Rick Roberts Executive Producer

P.S. If you don't like what he's doing soooo much...don't be a coward
and hide in a chat room...actually confront the man. He's easy to
find...
760 AM KFMB 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday thru Friday. Here's the number
Linda...
1 800 760 KFMB.

CJ

Feb 13, 2002, 2:41:58 AM2/13/02
maggi...@aol.comSPAMBLOC (Maggie) wrote in message news:<20020211155533...@mb-fo.aol.com>...

Police: Westerfield Had Child Porn
Family Friends Renew Search For Missing Danielle van Dam
Updated: 7:40 p.m. PST February 8, 2002

SAN DIEGO -- One of the most scrutinized suspects in the disappearance
of 7-year-old Danielle Van Dam had child pornography in his house,
10News reported Friday.

The pornography was among the 13 bags of evidence taken Tuesday from
David A Westerfield's home, police disclosed.
Meanwhile, authorities Friday scaled back a search of the Imperial
County desert they undertook in connection with the nearly week-old
disappearance of the Sabre Springs second-grader.

This was reported 3 hours after The Rick Roberts Show announced it.
Several National media outlets have also confirmed child porn. Our Law
enforcement source also said "Westerfield is in high level
negotiations" with police right now. He also said "I can take you to
her, but I want a lawyer first." What would be the sense in busting
him before you get the girl. All of what Rick revealed on Friday is on
www.760kfmb.com.

Sorry Maggie,Luk,Linda, etc... but face it, there is child porn.

GTurney345

Feb 13, 2002, 2:58:25 AM2/13/02
Rickrobertsshow Wrote>>>>>>>>>>>>

>Sorry Maggie,Luk,Linda, etc... but face it, >there is child porn.

All this proves is that they were duped the same as Roberts was.

If *true* kiddie porn had existed and he had made the remark your source
*claims* about knowing where she is, he would not be sitting at home right now.

Luk

Feb 13, 2002, 9:44:03 AM2/13/02
Dear PR guy for Rick Roberts:

Your rationalization is full of holes. Rick risked everything?
Any risks Rick took was for ratings. The right thing to do?
Why? If wife swapping stories are true, the police are well
aware of it. Spread that news around the country? Who
does that help? It only helps Rick Roberts' ratings.

Two kids still in the house? Absolutely. Does Roberts
think he's helping them by spreading tales of wife swapping
all over the country?

What do you mean, you can't ask the public to help without
spilling your guts about your private life? Whose logic does
that satisfy? Spreading tales about someone's private life
satisfies Rick Roberts' pocketbook and that's all.

What they did that night matters? It mattered that night.
What matters now is the hope of finding Danielle Van
Dam. And if she's found alive, she will have to live down
the damage Rick Roberts has done to her family's reputation.

Luk

Maggie

Feb 13, 2002, 10:05:17 AM2/13/02

rickroberts show said:

_______
>Police: Westerfield Had Child Porn
>Family Friends Renew Search For Missing Danielle van Dam
>Updated: 7:40 p.m. PST February 8, 2002
>
>SAN DIEGO -- One of the most scrutinized suspects in the disappearance
>of 7-year-old Danielle Van Dam had child pornography in his house,
>10News reported Friday.
>
>The pornography was among the 13 bags of evidence taken Tuesday from
>David A Westerfield's home, police disclosed.
>Meanwhile, authorities Friday scaled back a search of the Imperial
>County desert they undertook in connection with the nearly week-old
>disappearance of the Sabre Springs second-grader.

_______

> This was reported 3 hours after The Rick Roberts Show announced it.
>Several National media outlets have also confirmed child porn. Our Law
>enforcement source also said "Westerfield is in high level
>negotiations" with police right now. He also said "I can take you to
>her, but I want a lawyer first." What would be the sense in busting
>him before you get the girl. All of what Rick revealed on Friday is on
>www.760kfmb.com.
>
>Sorry Maggie,Luk,Linda, etc... but face it, there is child porn.

***You misunderstand. No one is disputing that news reports have claimed there
was kiddie porn. What many of us are saying is that we believe the "kiddie
porn" is likely either porn showing young-looking adults or something else
otherwise perfectly legal. Otherwise, Westerfield would have been arrested.
And I don't believe for a minute that Westerfield is in "high level
negotiations" with the cops and has told them he could take them to Danielle's
body. If so, the police wouldn't have said yesterday that an arrest was *not*
imminent and that they were continuing to look for suspects.

And, FWIW, Rick Roberts sounds like a real loose cannon.

Linda Griffith

Feb 13, 2002, 10:30:45 AM2/13/02
"CJ" <rickrob...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Well Linda...I believe there is just no pleasing you. Let's say Rick
> Roberts knew everything and didn't say a word. Then you would
> criticize him for withholding important information. You have an
> obvious bias that keeps you from hearing the facts. I feel sorry for
> you. Rick risked everything going public with this. Sure, he could
> have been like every other media outlet that knows the connection
> between the lifestyle and the missing child and kept his mouth shut to
> stay safe, but is that really the right thing to do? He decided no,
> since there are two kids still in that house.

A bit sensitive to criticism of your guy, aren't you, CJ? In radio, TV, and
movies, "the Court of Public Opinion" kinda goes with the territory, doesn't
it? Some people like you, some don't. As for me: if I thought Rick
Roberts were really performing a public service in this case, I'd be prompt
to change my opinion of him.

<snip>

> P.S. If you don't like what he's doing soooo much...don't be a coward
> and hide in a chat room...actually confront the man. He's easy to
> find...
> 760 AM KFMB 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday thru Friday. Here's the number
> Linda...
> 1 800 760 KFMB.

First of all, I don't go to chat rooms; I'm on a newsgroup, and I'm not
hiding. If I don't listen to his program...if I don't even have *access* to
his program...why would I call him and confront him? I didn't even call him
when he was local. Why do you care so much about *my* opinion, since, as
you said, hundreds of thousands of listeners disagree with me anyway. My
opinion won't affect your Arbitron ratings one iota.

Linda

Maggie

Feb 13, 2002, 11:14:47 AM2/13/02
Linda said:
> My
>opinion won't affect your Arbitron ratings one iota.

***OK, I'm impressed. How'd you know about Arbitron ratings?

Maggie < worked for a broadcasting consulting firm after college

GTurney345

Feb 13, 2002, 11:27:12 AM2/13/02
Maggie Wrote>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>Sorry Maggie,Luk,Linda, etc... but face >>it, there is child porn.
>
>***You misunderstand. No one is disputing that news reports have claimed
>there
>was kiddie porn.

This guy seems to feel that as long as a few other media outlets go along
with him it just HAS to be true.

I don't know if Westerfield kidnapped or killed this girl, but it is
beginning to look like Rick Roberts had better get his own lawyer to defend
him in the lawsuit that is going to happen because of all these accusations
he's braodcasting to boost his ratings if it turns out Westerfield didn't do
it.

GTurney345

Feb 13, 2002, 11:36:20 AM2/13/02
Linda Griffith Wrote>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>As for me: if I thought Rick
>Roberts were really performing a public service in this case, I'd be prompt
>to change my opinion of him.

It's rather obvious from the fact Westerfield is not under arrest after all
Roberts has *claimed* happened, that this Roberts character most likely was
suffering from low ratings and saw this tragedy as a way to boost them.

Desi

Feb 13, 2002, 11:23:22 AM2/13/02

tiny dancer wrote in message ...
>>He is called Peter by many co-workers. It wasn't hard to
find his email addy's.

desi

Linda Griffith

Feb 13, 2002, 11:46:05 AM2/13/02

Oh, Maggie...I'm a virtual compendium of useless knowledge. Our newspaper
gave the ratings of the local radio stations just a couple of days ago, and
"Arbitron" must have just stuck in my head for awhile. I'm sure it'll fall
out shortly, though; a lot does.

Linda

Linda Griffith

Feb 13, 2002, 11:48:09 AM2/13/02
"GTurney345" <gturn...@aol.com> wrote in message

> I don't know if Westerfield kidnapped or killed this girl, but it is
> beginning to look like Rick Roberts had better get his own lawyer to
defend
> him in the lawsuit that is going to happen because of all these
accusations
> he's braodcasting to boost his ratings if it turns out Westerfield didn't
do
> it.

That's what Greta van Susteren seemed to be saying yesterday. (What a short
segment that was, after such a build-up.)

Linda

GTurney345

Feb 13, 2002, 12:07:53 PM2/13/02
Linda Griffith Wrote>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

With each passing day that Westerfield remains free it looks more and more
like a Rick Roberts publicity stunt to boost ratings.

Come on...they find "Kiddie Porn" AND the guy says "I can lead you to her but
I need a lawyer" and the police just let him go??? I don't think so!

eri...@webtv.net

Feb 13, 2002, 12:35:42 PM2/13/02
It matters very much what happened in the Van Dam home that fateful
night. Roberts was right to divulge this info. If public is expected
to help, they deserve to know the sordid details of night Danielle
disappeared. .......Erin

tiny dancer

Feb 13, 2002, 1:13:10 PM2/13/02

"Roger Redding" <rred...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

I did read it before I posted, but then I thought 'hell, we could all use a
laugh right about now' ;-) .....so I went ahead and sent it anyway! :-)
Did it work?? hehehehe

td

mothra...@hotmail.com

Feb 13, 2002, 1:43:03 PM2/13/02

Anybody who listens to talk radio knows about Arbitron.

Martha
***Are you saying that you are terminally ill with cancer? (I note that you
are alluding to that circumstance, but not exactly saying it). If so, I'm very
sorry to hear that and will be happy to make allowances for your posting
irregularities.-Maggie, Queen of Compassion

Linda Griffith

Feb 13, 2002, 3:00:31 PM2/13/02
<mothra...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3C6AB3...@erols.com...

> Linda Griffith wrote:
> > Oh, Maggie...I'm a virtual compendium of useless knowledge. Our
newspaper
> > gave the ratings of the local radio stations just a couple of days ago,
and
> > "Arbitron" must have just stuck in my head for awhile. I'm sure it'll
fall
> > out shortly, though; a lot does.
> >

> Anybody who listens to talk radio knows about Arbitron.
>
> Martha

Oh. Well, then...that, too.

I listen to talk radio and get angry. Then I get miffed with myself for
listening.

Linda

mothra...@hotmail.com

Feb 13, 2002, 5:29:41 PM2/13/02
Linda Griffith wrote:

> <mothra...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3C6AB3...@erols.com...
> > Linda Griffith wrote:
> > > Oh, Maggie...I'm a virtual compendium of useless knowledge. Our
> newspaper
> > > gave the ratings of the local radio stations just a couple of days ago,
> and
> > > "Arbitron" must have just stuck in my head for awhile. I'm sure it'll
> fall
> > > out shortly, though; a lot does.
> > >

> > Anybody who listens to talk radio knows about Arbitron.
> >
> > Martha
>
> Oh. Well, then...that, too.
>
> I listen to talk radio and get angry. Then I get miffed with myself for
> listening.

I don't like to confess that I listen to Howard Stern. That's as close
as I get to Talk Radio. He goes on for days about his Arbitron ratings,
his "book" for this month or that. I thought *everyone* was familiar
with that term, but maybe I'm wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

Martha

FeAudrey

Feb 13, 2002, 7:16:29 PM2/13/02
In article <u6l640b...@corp.supernews.com>, grif...@charter.net says...

>"Maggie" <maggi...@aol.comSPAMBLOC> wrote > Linda said:
>> > My
>> >opinion won't affect your Arbitron ratings one iota.
>>
>> ***OK, I'm impressed. How'd you know about Arbitron ratings?
>>
>> Maggie < worked for a broadcasting consulting firm after college
>
>Oh, Maggie...I'm a virtual compendium of useless knowledge. (snip)

>Linda

Whaddaya mean, "useless knowledge"?

I used to write programs to calculate ratings (television, actually, plus
magazine ad exposure stats). The clients paid for the numbers; I got paid
for the work.

(Come to think of it, "useless", maybe -- but "valueless", not to everyone.)

;^)

--
Visit my Iron Age Pages for technical and fun stuff (holiday specials, too)!
http://pages.prodigy.net/feaudrey

Michael Thal

Feb 13, 2002, 11:26:25 PM2/13/02

"Luk" <lukn...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

| Dear PR guy for Rick Roberts:

I believe it's 'PR Gal' Luk.

| Your rationalization is full of holes. Rick risked everything?

| Any risks Rick Roberts took was for ratings.

You may recall the same thing was said about the Globe tabloid when they
revealed previously unknown facts about the Jon Benet Ramsey case which
later were proven as factual. I never read the tabloids - never will. But
the Globe's track record on that case was difficult to question. Sure it
sold a lot of copies, but it also provided a service to both the public and
investigators. However, I concede that many disagree with this assessment.

Would it make a difference if everything Rick Roberts said turns out to be
true? I didn't thing so <g>.

As someone wiser than I commented:

"When ideas and concepts differ from what you currently accept as fact, do
you quickly dismiss them? If so, then this is likely to prevent you from
learning that which you need to know."

Michael

CJ

Feb 14, 2002, 3:25:10 AM2/14/02
Dear Luk, Mags, GT, and Linda,

The only reason I started writing in this newsgroup (chatroom)
whatever, was to
exchange facts of the case that our source had given us with people
interested
in what's being reported. But for some strange reason with you 4
"reported facts" aren't even good enough...much less what our Law
Enforcement Source said. You guys are truly cynical, hateful, and
without a clue. The Rick Roberts
Show is well regarded by many, and your right Linda I shouldn't give a
crap about your opinion...so now I don't. And I'm not sure I did
before, but I wanted to point out your obvious bias. And Mags,,,what
can be said about you...totally clueless and then sometimes the oxygen
reaches your brain and you get something right. GT and Luk...pretty
sure you guys are into some kind of devious lifestyle...more GT than
Luk. I think Luk just has his mind made up about the thing and is
totally a stubborn ass.

But regardless of all that...it's simply not worth my time or effort
to try and let you guys "in" on the story...when you won't even
believe what's being reported in the so called "legitimate" press.

This, much to your happiness I'm sure, is my last post. Good luck on
solving this with all your lame, uninformed theories. For everyone
else that can hear the show, or is interested in the facts, tune into
760 KFMB Monday through Friday 3 to 7 or go to www.760kfmb.com . By
the way, one of the producers of The Rick Roberts Show actually talked
to Westerfield today...but hey, you don't need to know what I
know...I'm sure you 4 have access to the story like that right? I
mean, come on ...you'll must have access to a room full of reporters
and producers at a major television network. You simply don't need
anyone elses input. Just put your tinfoil hats on and channel God
knows what and you guys will figure it all out. ;) The always loved,
CJ

Luk

Feb 14, 2002, 9:54:49 AM2/14/02

Michael Thal wrote:

> You may recall the same thing was said about the Globe tabloid when they
> revealed previously unknown facts about the Jon Benet Ramsey case which
> later were proven as factual. I never read the tabloids - never will. But
> the Globe's track record on that case was difficult to question.

Yes, Michael. I do remember Jon Benet Ramsey. I remember
that the case was never solved, so there's no way to credit
the Globe for accomplishing anything except boosting newspaper
sales. And nearly every day I remember that whether or not
the Ramsey parents had anything at all to do with the death of
poor Jon Benet, they will never be able to rebuild their lives.
Not because they've lost a daughter, but because their
names were permanently smeared by the press and by
people who believe and live by the tabloids.

Luk

Luk

Feb 14, 2002, 10:08:44 AM2/14/02

Dear CJ,

The tone of your post seems pretty consistent with
the kind of thinking it takes to participate in the ugly
business you and Roberts represent. You've spread
ugly rumors about people undergoing a devastating tragedy -
rumors that have not been officially corroborated. Maybe
they're true. Maybe they aren't. But you don't seem to
care very much because you've made the tragedy of
a lost child pay off for you.

You say you were giving us a chance to be "in on the
story". If "the story" means smearing people who may
be innocent, I'd just as soon not be "in on it". Thanks
just the same.

Luk

GTurney345

Feb 14, 2002, 11:19:46 AM2/14/02

CJ Wrote>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>GT and Luk...pretty
>sure you guys are into some kind of devious lifestyle...more GT than
>Luk.

I guess if recognizing an obvious publicity stunt when I see it means I am
involved in a devious lifestyle, I'm guilty as charged!

Westerfield might have done it. I don't know. But what I do KNOW is that if he
did do it, it hasn't happened the way Roberts *claims* it did.

A prime suspect in a child abduction is not caught with true "Kiddie Porn",
says "He can lead the police to her but needs a lawyer first" and is allowed to
just walk out of the police station. This claim is completely laughable.

I'm sorry that my seeing Roberts publicity stunt for what it is upsets you so
much and I know you get paid to shill for him but you really need to sit down,
use your God givin brain and just think for a minute how ridiculous your claim
is.

GTurney345

Feb 14, 2002, 11:23:50 AM2/14/02
Luk Wrote>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>The tone of your post seems pretty consistent with
>the kind of thinking it takes to participate in the ugly
>business you and Roberts represent. You've spread
>ugly rumors about people undergoing a devastating tragedy -
>rumors that have not been officially corroborated. Maybe
>they're true. Maybe they aren't. But you don't seem to
>care very much because you've made the tragedy of
>a lost child pay off for you.

It's sad the way Roberts and this character "CJ" have attempted to cash in on
this tradgedy by turning it into a way to boost their slumping ratings isn't
it?

Luk

Feb 14, 2002, 11:57:48 AM2/14/02

GTurney345 wrote:

> I guess if recognizing an obvious publicity stunt when I see it means I am
> involved in a devious lifestyle, I'm guilty as charged!
>
> Westerfield might have done it. I don't know. But what I do KNOW is that if he
> did do it, it hasn't happened the way Roberts *claims* it did.
>
> A prime suspect in a child abduction is not caught with true "Kiddie Porn",
> says "He can lead the police to her but needs a lawyer first" and is allowed to
> just walk out of the police station. This claim is completely laughable.

I have no interest in guessing whether Westerfield (or anyone
else) is guilty or innocent. But I'm wondering why he hasn't
fled the country, IF he IS guilty.

Luk

Desi

Feb 14, 2002, 12:14:48 PM2/14/02

Luk wrote in message <3C6BEC8C...@bellsouth.net>...

>I have no interest in guessing whether Westerfield (or
anyone
>else) is guilty or innocent. But I'm wondering why he
hasn't
>fled the country, IF he IS guilty.
>
>Luk

He can't even leave his house without being followed.
I was told John Walsh appeared on Fox with Greta Tuesday
night and said he failed a part of his polygraph.

desi

GTurney345

Feb 14, 2002, 12:28:36 PM2/14/02

Luk Wrote>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>I have no interest in guessing whether Westerfield (or anyone
>else) is guilty or innocent. But I'm wondering why he hasn't
>fled the country, IF he IS guilty.

This is what makes Roberts claim that Westerfield was caught with *true kiddie
porn AND said he could lead police to the girl but he needed a lawyer first SO
laughable!
While Westerfield would probably have a rather difficult time running with all
the scrutiny he is under it wouldn't be impossible.
Another more realistic scenario would be Westerfield going home and blowing
his brains out or cutting his wrists in the bathtub.
If this whole thing went as Roberts claims it did the guy would have been
arrested on the kiddie porn charge and put in an isolation cell under 24 hour a
day suicide watch to at least make sure he didn't off himself before revealing
where the girl or her body could be found.

Roberts claims are completely ridiculous and it's nothing more than a
publicity stunt intended to jack up his sagging ratings.

GTurney345

Feb 14, 2002, 12:51:27 PM2/14/02
Desi Wrote>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>He can't even leave his house without >being followed.

I would imagine this is true but what would stop him from killing himself?
Westerfield might have done it but not the way Roberts claims it did.
Had Westerfield been caught with the kiddie porn and admitted he knew where
the girl was he would have been arrested on the kiddie porn charge and slapped
into an isolation cell under 24 hour watch to at least make sure he didn't kill
himself before revealing where she was.

Maggie

Feb 14, 2002, 1:02:53 PM2/14/02

Luk said:
>Yes, Michael. I do remember Jon Benet Ramsey. I remember
>that the case was never solved, so there's no way to credit
>the Globe for accomplishing anything except boosting newspaper
>sales. And nearly every day I remember that whether or not
>the Ramsey parents had anything at all to do with the death of
>poor Jon Benet, they will never be able to rebuild their lives.
>Not because they've lost a daughter, but because their
>names were permanently smeared by the press and by
>people who believe and live by the tabloids.

***Some would argue that the Ramseys did a job on themselves.

Luk

Feb 14, 2002, 1:09:59 PM2/14/02

GT

> While Westerfield would probably have a rather difficult time running with all
> the scrutiny he is under it wouldn't be impossible.

No, it wouldn't be impossible.

Luk

Sahkanaga

Feb 14, 2002, 2:39:52 PM2/14/02

"Michael Thal" <mth...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

." I never read the tabloids - never will. "

Sahkanaga

Feb 14, 2002, 2:42:19 PM2/14/02
However, some credit the National Enquirer and their "Bruno Magli" picture
with tilting the civil suit in favor of the Goldmans and Browns.

"Luk" <lukn...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

debby

Feb 15, 2002, 10:37:08 PM2/15/02
Linda Griffith wrote:

Happens to me all the time. My husband wonders why I listen to it:) Debby
S.<sarg...@infi.net>

debby

Feb 15, 2002, 10:53:51 PM2/15/02
mothra...@hotmail.com wrote:

They just announced on WABC radio that Curtis and Kuby are going to now be from 6
to 10 AM so they can beat the pants out of Howard Stern. I can't listen to Stern. I
can't watch his TV show. He's worse then Rush. Debby S.<sarg...@infi.net>

Patty

Feb 17, 2002, 7:25:16 PM2/17/02
"Desi" <de...@cts.com> wrote in message news:<3c684826$0$3360$e2e...@nntp.cts.com>...
> Luk wrote in message <3C67C8A3...@bellsouth.net>...
> >CJ wrote:
> >> And just for your etification, before this case ever
> existed Rick has
>
> >> appeared on every national show out there...His main
> reason for going
> >> with what he knew and trusted from his source was because
> 2 children
> >> remain in that house. If the Van Dams were so busy
> getting their
> >> jollies that they didn't see someone walk in and snatch
> one of their
> >> kids, doesn't it stand to reason that the other 2
> remaining kids might
> >> be in harms way. THAT'S WHY HE BROKE WHAT HE KNEW. And
> frankly it was
> >> brave of him to do it.
> >>
> >> You probably don't listen to the show, or your a pissed
> off listener.
> >> Either way, please get informed.
> >>
> >> CJ
> >> Rick Roberts Executive Producer
> >
> >Uh - excuse me, but why would Roberts need to spread
> >the rumor about the wife-swapping to save the other
> children?
> >What seems to be the issue is that the adults were locked
> >in a garage partying and were separated from the children.
> >Hence the kidnapper had a clear field.
> >
> >Luk
> >If their life-style has endangered their children, I think
> that should be looked at. Bringing home two female friends
> and two men from a bar (strangers?) and engaging in sex
> while you are locked in a garage (which has windows at the
> top)
> has a very short drive-way and possibly could be heard from
> the outside is not exactly good parental behavior.
> Reportedly, she danced with , spoke to Westerfield. His
> first (and only, I think) interview he says he thought her
> husband was away on business
> and she had a babysitter. The perp may have heard them or
> looked in the garage windows and knew he had a clear path.
> BTW, it is a five bedrrom home,
> the stairs are open and very close to the front door.
> Four bedrooms upstairs, with Danielle's being right next to
> her parents.
>
> desi

How big is this Dad's Cafe & Steakhouse, it doesn't look that big in
the picture? Seems like someone inside the bar would have noticed if
BVD and Westerfield had danced, certainly her *friends.*

http://www.sdinsider.com/auto_docs/dining/33931.html

Patty

Desi

Feb 18, 2002, 12:25:30 AM2/18/02

Patty wrote in message ...

That photo is the patio area. I saw photos of a large room,
pool tables and a long bar. Reported;y, and I haven't seen
it, the manager gave an interview
and said they were dancing

desi