Illegal immigrant arrested in Colo. dragging death

gibson

Sep 20, 2006, 7:11:59 PM9/20/06
Arrest made in Colo. dragging death
By KIM NGUYEN, Associated Press Writer

A man was arrested in the gruesome dragging death of a woman after a
stained and tattered photograph of him was found at the crime scene,
police said Wednesday.

Jose Luis Rubi-Nava, 36, was arrested Tuesday night on suspicion of
murder and jailed without bail. Investigators said they were still
trying to identify the victim, who was dragged behind a vehicle with a
rope, leaving a trail of blood more than a mile long.

Authorities did not immediately respond to questions about how the
photograph ended up near the woman's body, which was discovered Monday
in a suburban neighborhood about 20 miles south of Denver.

The picture shows a couple who appear to be in their 30s, with the man
leaning his arm on the woman's shoulder. Investigators did not say
whether the woman in the picture was the victim.

The photo had been released to the public, and Sheriff Dave Weaver
said tips from citizens helped lead to the arrest. Weaver offered no
motive for the killing, and the sheriff's department did not respond
to repeated requests by phone and in writing for more information.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokesman Carl Rusnok said agents
believe Rubi-Nava is an illegal immigrant from Mexico.

At a court appearance Wednesday afternoon, Rubi-Nava listened through
a translator as District Judge Paul A. King formally told him the
charge he faces.

King sealed the arrest warrant affidavit, which outlines the
preliminary allegations against Rubi-Nava, at the request of public
defender Kathleen McGuire. King said he would consider McGuire's
request for a gag order.

Neighbors discovered the woman's body before dawn. Her face was
unrecognizable and an orange tow rope was around her neck, said Nancy
Foley, who lives nearby.

An autopsy indicated the woman died of asphyxiation and head injuries
from being dragged.

The trail of blood led from Interstate 25 to the woman's body, which
was found on a street lined with large ranch-style homes on spacious
lots. On Wednesday, highway crews were spreading fresh tar over the
roads to cover the traces of blood.

Ramon F Herrera

Sep 20, 2006, 7:23:02 PM9/20/06

They can drag him in an identical fashion, for all I care.

-Ramon

johnny@.

Sep 20, 2006, 7:24:51 PM9/20/06
gibson wrote:
> Arrest made in Colo. dragging death
> By KIM NGUYEN, Associated Press Writer
>
> A man was arrested in the gruesome dragging death of a woman after a
> stained and tattered photograph of him was found at the crime scene,
> police said Wednesday.
>
> Jose Luis Rubi-Nava, 36, was arrested Tuesday night on suspicion of
> murder and jailed without bail. Investigators said they were still
> trying to identify the victim, who was dragged behind a vehicle with a
> rope, leaving a trail of blood more than a mile long.

That sounds like a hate crime to me.

Ramon F Herrera

Sep 20, 2006, 7:51:37 PM9/20/06

I don't think so. Knowing hispanics (as Arnold does :-), I bet a was a
passion motivated crime.

-Ramon

johnny@.

Sep 20, 2006, 8:03:08 PM9/20/06
I think he hated her.

Hispanics do have a lot of passion, for girls under 12 years old.

--
"Our priorities are to go after illegal immigrants committing crime.
If they are law-abiding citizens, we don't have the resources to go

George Bush
L.A. Times, November 8, 2001

T Jr Hardman

Sep 20, 2006, 10:25:59 PM9/20/06

It's very nice to know that you don't automatically support a monster
because he's an illegal alien.

--
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to speak foolishness and remove all doubt.

Ramon

Sep 22, 2006, 11:16:46 AM9/22/06

[Johnny said it was a hate crime, I said it was passion]

---------------
Friends told the Rocky Mountain News that the woman lived with
Rubi-Nava, even though he had a wife and children in Mexico. Cesar
Gustavo Flores, 20, a roommate, said the couple sometimes argued
violently.
----------------

Do I know hispanics or what?

There's a thin line between love and hate...

-Ramon

johnny@.

Sep 22, 2006, 7:49:33 PM9/22/06

I don't think the passion was love, since she was dragged until her face
was erased.

I think he hated her. She was probably seeing a white guy!

Jim

Sep 24, 2006, 2:44:50 AM9/24/06

"Ramon F Herrera" <gopo...@jonjay.com> wrote in message

Doesn't speak well about the Hispanic passion does it ?

Jim C.

Ramon F Herrera

Sep 24, 2006, 1:08:20 AM9/24/06

Jim wrote:

> Doesn't speak well about the Hispanic passion does it ?
>
> Jim C.

And what do you expect me to do about my hispanic passion?
Have it removed?

What kind of answer do you expect from a posting like yours above?
Give me a hint!

Well, at least your writings and spelling are much better than last
time you began posting late at night...

-Ramon

Ramon F Herrera

Sep 24, 2006, 1:12:53 AM9/24/06

"Quien mucho quiere, mucho odia"
(he who loves a lot, hates a lot).

If she was seeing a latino and a white guy, she must have discovered
that the best of both worlds are guys like me: white and hispanic.

-RFH

MrBud...@aol.com

Sep 24, 2006, 1:13:33 AM9/24/06

johnny@. wrote:
> I think he hated her. She was probably seeing a white guy!

Lot of white Hispanics out there. And black Hispanics. It's an
ethnicity, not a race.

Jim

Sep 24, 2006, 1:51:07 PM9/24/06

"Ramon F Herrera" <gopo...@jonjay.com> wrote in message

Thanks, I've gotten some sleep.
The point I was making that you can't call it passion and use it as an
excuse.
Your post sounded very much like that.
A lot of people have heavy passion, but they manage to control it. You can't
use it as reason to do what that particular piece of shit did.
And to head you off, I don't care what his ethnic particulars are, he's and
animal and deserves the be put to death for this atrocity, there can be no
excuse for what he did.

Jim

Sep 29, 2006, 2:23:51 PM9/29/06

"Ramon F Herrera" <gopo...@jonjay.com> wrote in message

Hell Ramon I didn't expect you reply at all, you seldom do. Unless it's
some crap like this.

Just so your clear, I was responding to the remark you made about it being
an Hispanic passion crime, as if that would be an excuse.
If that's your logic then hell, I have a bad temper sometimes so if I get
pissed and kill someone I shouldn't be arrested, it's just my nature.
I guess you have to make a series of excuses in regards to your side to help
deflect the fact that the people you support are breaking the law huh?