S.F. man guilty of raping girl who endured years of abuse

Laninna

Oct 31, 2006, 6:50:22 PM10/31/06
SFGATE.com

(10-31) 13:45 PST SAN FRANCISCO -- A jury today found Eviele Seuseu
guilty of raping and sexually abusing a girl he had raised as his
daughter, San Francisco prosecutors said.

The 39-year-old San Francisco man was convicted of continuous sexual
abuse, as well as multiple counts of sexual assaulting a child under
the age of 14 and perpetrating lewd acts on a child. He faces a maximum
of 60 years in prison when he is sentenced Dec. 1, according to the
office of District Attorney Kamala Harris.

Seuseu had raised the girl as a daughter, but DNA testing during the
course of the investigation showed that she was not his biological
child, the office said.

Seuseu was arrested in October 2004 after the victim, who was then 12,
went to San Francisco General Hospital and found out she was eight
months pregnant. The victim told medical personnel she had sustained
years of abuse, and police arrested Seuseu the same day.

Prosecutors said the abuse started in 1999 when the victim was 8 years
old. The repeated assaults included rape, forcible oral copulation and
sodomy, said district attorney's office spokeswoman Deb Mesloh.

"The abuse this young woman endured was horrible," she said. "We are
gratified that the jury agreed this defendant should be sent to prison
for many years for his conduct (and) are hopeful this victim can now
begin to rebuild her life."

After a three-week trial, the jury took less than five hours to reach a
verdict, Mesloh said.

The investigation was headed by San Francisco police Inspector Kelly
Carroll, she added.

tiny dancer

Oct 31, 2006, 8:09:16 PM10/31/06

"Laninna" <lan...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

Lets hope he gets all sixty years too.

anneinchicago

Nov 1, 2006, 1:02:01 AM11/1/06
If she is not his daughter, then who is she?

anne

cro...@earthlink.net

Nov 1, 2006, 2:12:35 AM11/1/06
muy confusing...perhaps she was the child of his wife/girlfriend and he was
given to believe he was the father??? or the adopted child?

"anneinchicago" <annein...@comcast.net> wrote in message

catherine yronwode

Nov 2, 2006, 10:56:58 PM11/2/06

If she wasn't his child -- whose child IS she???? How did he ome to be
raising her???? I may have missed earlier posts on this ase, but i sure
would like a brief explanation, if possible.

cat yronwode

anneinchicago

Nov 12, 2006, 2:53:58 AM11/12/06
Here's some more details, but it still dosn't say who the girl's
parents are or why she is living with the Seuseus. How did he get this
girl? Is someone looking into this?

SAN FRANCISCO
Man, 39, guilty of sex assaults on girl, 12

Jaxon Van Derbeken

Wednesday, November 1, 2006

A San Francisco man was convicted Friday of multiple counts of forced
sexual assault on a 12-year-old girl he had been raising as his
daughter and who was pregnant by him when she reported the abuse to
authorities.

Eviele Seuseu, 39, was arrested on Oct. 18, 2004, the same day the
victim, then 12, came into San Francisco General with the defendant's
mother. The girl had come to the hospital because of weight gain. It
turned out she was 33 weeks pregnant by him. She is not his biological
daughter.

Prosecutors said the abuse started when the girl was 8. Seuseu faces a
maximum of 60 years to life in state prison. Sentencing is set for Dec.
1.

Prosecutor David Merin, who called the matter "the most disturbing case
of child abuse I've come across," said the victim starting living with
Seuseu's parents in 1998. Seuseu came to live there two years later.

Merin said the victim is doing well in foster care, raising her child
and earning good grades.

Ki...@webtv.net

Nov 12, 2006, 4:45:23 AM11/12/06
annein...@comcast.net (anneinchicago) wrote:

>>Prosecutor David Merin, who called the
>>matter "the most disturbing case of child
>>abuse I've come across," said the victim
>>starting living with Seuseu's parents in 1998.
>>Seuseu came to live there two years later.

>Here's some more details, but it still dosn't say

>who the girl's parents are or why she is living
>with the Seuseus. How did he get this girl? Is
>someone looking into this?

Sounds like it could be foster care gone wrong -- possibly the girl was
placed in foster care with a couple; their son moved into the home and
"helped" raise her and abused her. The rapist's mother took the child
to the hospital.

=> Vox Populi©

Nov 12, 2006, 10:48:44 AM11/12/06

anneinchicago

Nov 14, 2006, 5:23:33 AM11/14/06
The article said he thought the girl was his daughter. Which wouldn't
be the case in your scenario.

anne (for some reason this is driving me nuts)]