Top Ten Things People Forget When They Travel

JJ

May 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/12/00

Even the most experienced flyers often forget important things. We’ve
compiled a short list of the top ten things people tend to forget when
they travel. We hope this helps!

....courtesy of volumebuy.com

Tickets It’s been said that you will DEFINITELY forget your tickets if
you place them in a location designed to help you remember not to
forget them.

Passport We suggest keeping it with your tickets at all times.

Extra Socks You don’t want to end up wearing the same pair of socks
the entire trip.

One Word: Underwear And yet, people do forget to pack this.

The Right Kind of Shoes Think ahead. What are you traveling to and
what is the purpose of your trip? While sneakers look fine on the
plane, you would not want to be stuck wearing them to a business
meeting.

Cash This is especially important if you are traveling overseas. Be
sure to carry currency that will be accepted at your travel
destination.

Medication If you are currently taking any prescription medication, we
highly recommend that in addition to bringing the medication itself,
you also take with a copy of the prescription in case you need to get
it refilled while you are traveling.

Important Contact Numbers Even though you are trying to get away from
just about everything, don't leave your address book/planner at home.
Should an emergency arise, you will need fast access to the person you
need to call at home for help. The last thing that you want to do in
an emergency is have to dig up a number.

Toothbrush You don’t want to neglect your teeth. If nothing else,
avoid the embarrassment of morning breath by ensuring that you’ve
packed your toothbrush.

I.D. tags on your baggage This is perhaps one of the most important
things. Baggage I.D. tags are required. It is a good idea to place
I.D. tags on and in your baggage before you get to the check-in
counter. Recognizable tags assist in locating your luggage upon
arrival and assists in returns if your luggage is “accidentally lost