Greek Island Villa for Rent with Private Beach

jathanason

Feb 3, 2005, 11:32:28 PM2/3/05
Come visit www.iosvilla.com

Greek Island Villa for Rent - Welcome to Saponohoma Beach ! Villa Rental
Information 2005..

We are located on the Greek Island of Ios - just next door to the
legendary volcanic island of Santorini. We found this villa and its
surrounding land about seven years ago and decided that it was a piece of
heaven - worthy of committing our future summers to.

The villa is situated on its own beach and surrounded by 140 hecters (30
acres) of natural Cycladic Island beauty. Saponohoma is located on the
southwestern, more populated side of the island, and is the next beach on
the coastline to the south from Ios’ largest and most beautiful; named
Milopotas. Saponouhoma is located just 5km (3.5 miles) from Milopotas
beach and the main village.

We are offering the villa for rent during the following periods:

May 1 through July 1
July 16 through July 30
September 1 through October 30

The villa is designed in traditional Aegean style, and constructed in
white stucco with white washed walls and exposed beam ceilings. It is
furnished with both antiques and some modern pieces. There are beautiful
sea views from the eating, lounging areas, verandas and bedrooms. The
sandy Saponohoma beach is just 30 meters (100 feet) away.

Kamm2MacD

Feb 4, 2005, 11:51:50 AM2/4/05
wow, this one is lovely.
someday......

volador

Mar 10, 2005, 5:57:03 AM3/10/05
but you need 5500 $ a week too expensive ......

"Kamm2MacD" <kamm...@aol.com> escribió en el mensaje

tmccaffrey

Mar 17, 2006, 6:12:23 PM3/17/06
it may be expensive but it is worth it!
i have been twice and it is amazing and I am going again this summer! it
is worth every penny!

Jane

Mar 18, 2006, 9:29:32 AM3/18/06
But where is it, cant find any info, please?

Henry Hooray

Mar 18, 2006, 7:01:20 PM3/18/06
"Jane" <m...@privacy.net> wrote in message

I have an idea that maybe this newsgroup is being cross-posted to from a
private website, called www dot talkabouttravelling dot com.

Yours and my contributions are in it now - :o)

They cross-reference to this newsgroup, the dear ones. Thus pretending to be
big and important. It's an old trick, and usually doesn't last all that
long. They try to attract advertisers, and obviously need to look well
visited to that end.

Anyway, the origins of the contribution from tmccaffrey are in a thread
entitled "Greek Island Villa for Rent with Private Beach", started on 4th
February last year (2005). It refers to a website called www dot iosvilla
dot com, ; it looks like quite a nice place (and so it should be at $5,500
per week for the villa, last summer), but it's not exactly the sort of place
that Mrs H and I like to frequent when in Greece.

Henry.

mackay

Mar 19, 2006, 3:13:42 AM3/19/06
Why would you want to pay that much anyway!!

Also Greek law if I am correct states that 50m from the high water mark is
public access and thus the private beach that is sold with this villa is NOT
private and anyone can use it, but it may be so difficult to get their, that
people do not go their!! I only know this because I have a villa on the
beach with a private pool.

Just be warned!!

Steve
http://www.quietude.gr/quietude/pool.php

"tmccaffrey" <tori...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Jane

Mar 19, 2006, 4:10:15 AM3/19/06
Agree with you and Mrs H. We would not consider paying such a high
price when in general you can get good views and nice beaches at a far
more realistic price. OK so it is isolated, but then again I go to
Greece to mix with the Greek people in their tavernas, bars, homes etc.
Nice looking place, but I think they are a bit avaricious in their
pricing. And no nicer place than you can find with, for instance,
Laskerina Holidays, who have marvellous villas and apartments in some of
the quieter islands of Greece.

No, I shall continue booking my flight and finding my own local
accommodations. I was just curious, but I see now it is an advertising ploy.

Cheers

Jane

Mar 19, 2006, 4:11:44 AM3/19/06
I agree, far too much money, far too isolated and I could not even find
mention of air conditioning for that money unless I am going blind of
course.

I too know that beaches in Greece are not private, it is just that you
can make access difficult by building walls and fences around your own
property. Fair enough, but you can always get to these beaches in
general by hiring a small boat.

Where is your villa on the beach?

mackay

Mar 19, 2006, 5:11:19 AM3/19/06
I think you will find that you cannot block access, and you must allow at
least a gap in the fence for passage!
(excluding of course scorpios, Onassis's island, They passed a law through
parlement and he got the beach personally I think some big backhanders were
paid!!)

But then again it's Greece!! and if it's so remote who will check it out and
complain LOL :)

Anyway our's is in Corfu, on the North West in a fishing village called San
Stefanos called 'Quietude'
www.quietude.gr

Steve
http://www.corfunet.com/