Binaltech Black Convoy? Possibility of BT story continuation?

1 view

Nevermore

Jan 29, 2007, 1:53:58 PM1/29/07
Recent Japanese magazines have confirmed the upcoming release of a
repaint of the Kiss Players Convoy mold as Black Convoy, sporting
diecast parts, as a Wonder Festival exclusive. Fan to Fan repeatedly
referred to this toy as "BT-17".

http://www.fantofan.jp/news/mag/figureking/fk108-3.jpg
http://www.fantofan.jp/news/mag/dengekihobby/mar2007-6.jpg
http://www.fantofan.jp/news/mag/hyperhobby/hh2-3.jpg

If this is indeed an official Binaltech release as per Takara, is
there any chance that Ichikawa-san may have been asked to write a new
chapter for the story?

Doug Dlin

Jan 29, 2007, 10:13:00 PM1/29/07
On Jan. 29, 2006, Nevermore wrote:

> Recent Japanese magazines have confirmed the upcoming release of a
> repaint of the Kiss Players Convoy mold as Black Convoy, sporting
> diecast parts, as a Wonder Festival exclusive. Fan to Fan repeatedly
> referred to this toy as "BT-17".

Hmm...

> If this is indeed an official Binaltech release as per Takara, is
> there any chance that Ichikawa-san may have been asked to write a new
> chapter for the story?

Can't say that I've heard any news from him, but if it turns out he is
part of it, you'll know the new story as soon as I do. Probably sooner. :-)

Doug Dlin
apcog at hotmail.com

Doug Dlin

Feb 4, 2007, 7:03:12 PM2/4/07
On Jan. 29, 2007, I wrote:

> On Jan. 29, 2007, Nevermore wrote:

Re: Wonder Festival-exclusive BT-17 Black Convoy]

>> If this is indeed an official Binaltech release as per Takara, is
>> there any chance that Ichikawa-san may have been asked to write a new
>> chapter for the story?
>
> Can't say that I've heard any news from him, but if it turns out he is
> part of it, you'll know the new story as soon as I do. Probably sooner.
> :-)

Well, as of Jan. 31, he's confirmed that he will indeed be writing
Binaltech Chapter 14 to include with BT-17. (I meant to post this
sooner, but I've been a bit busy and it slipped my mind.) No hints as
to the story content, and he's tied up as it is right now with other
work, so I don't imagine I'll hear any more about it for a bit.

Of course, to maintain pattern the story would appear at BWTF.com in
conjunction with a review, but I don't know if Ben's willing/able to get
hold of a Japanese convention exclusive...

Iron Wookiee

Feb 4, 2007, 11:23:33 PM2/4/07
>>> If this is indeed an official Binaltech release as per Takara, is
>>> there any chance that Ichikawa-san may have been asked to write a new
>>> chapter for the story?
>>
>> Can't say that I've heard any news from him, but if it turns out he is
>> part of it, you'll know the new story as soon as I do. Probably sooner.
>> :-)
>
>Well, as of Jan. 31, he's confirmed that he will indeed be writing
>Binaltech Chapter 14 to include with BT-17. (I meant to post this
>sooner, but I've been a bit busy and it slipped my mind.) No hints as
>to the story content, and he's tied up as it is right now with other
>work, so I don't imagine I'll hear any more about it for a bit.
>
>Of course, to maintain pattern the story would appear at BWTF.com in
>conjunction with a review, but I don't know if Ben's willing/able to get
>hold of a Japanese convention exclusive...
>
>Doug Dlin
>apcog at hotmail.com

Bless Ichikawa-san. Please tell him that we miss him and the quality
stories that he tells.

I haven't bought a Japanese Transformer since his stories were
replaced with Kissplay.