Larry DiTillio's take on Tarantulas origins!

LANAMAC

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99
I wrote Larry DiTillio asking him what he had planned for the other origins of
Tarantulas and the Tripredicus Council and about Megatron's Unicron spawn
quote. Here's what Larry replied...

Actually Bob regrets the "Unicron's spawn" line, he really wasn't thinking when
he dropped that one in. We really had no set notion on the origins of the T's,
but had we contineud with the show, it might very well have been that they were
part of the Liege Maximo or Jhiaxus faction for the comic books.

Larry D

-Mr.Ghoul

Prime Saber

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99

Rhinox's voice: "Oh great." ;)

Tony Li, the Prime Saber

Index page to the Japanese and Beast Wars Transformers, including
pictures, videos, and my own models of Galvatron and God Ginrai --
http://www.fortunecity.com/lavendar/manwood/484/TF/TF.html

A.Patyk

Jun 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/14/99
Well, that pretty much answers that one. So it seems that it was just a
form of insult. Good, I think that them being G2 Decep descendants is more
workable than the Unicron thing. When a character is introduced with some
connection to Unicron, I think it should be a more unique situation, with a
lot more planning and a major story centering on it.

A.Patyk

Jun 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/15/99
What were you referring to?

Sik2klbPig wrote in message
>GEE, that doesn't sound very canon to me.
>
>SwineTron

Sik2klbPig

Jun 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/16/99
>>Mr.Ghoul (lan...@aol.com) wrote:
>>>
>>> I wrote Larry DiTillio asking him what he had planned for the other
>origins
>>> of Tarantulas and the Tripredicus Council and about Megatron's Unicron
>spawn
>>> quote. Here's what Larry replied...
>>>
>>> Actually Bob regrets the "Unicron's spawn" line, he really wasn't
>thinking
>>> when he dropped that one in. We really had no set notion on the origins
>of
>>> the T's, but had we contineud with the show, it might very well have been
>>> that they were part of the Liege Maximo or Jhiaxus faction for the comic
>>> books.
>>>
>>> Larry D
>>
>>Rhinox's voice: "Oh great." ;)
>>
>>Tony Li, the Prime Saber

GEE, that doesn't sound very canon to me.

SwineTron

Sik2klbPig

Jun 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/17/99
>What were you referring to?

See the other thread I started called "my Vok theory".

Swinetron

alexfi...@my-deja.com

Jun 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/17/99
In article <19990611211831...@ng-ci1.aol.com>,

lan...@aol.com (LANAMAC) wrote:
> I wrote Larry DiTillio asking him what he had planned for the other
origins of
> Tarantulas and the Tripredicus Council and about Megatron's Unicron
spawn
> quote. Here's what Larry replied...
>
> Actually Bob regrets the "Unicron's spawn" line, he really wasn't
thinking when
> he dropped that one in. We really had no set notion on the origins of
the T's,
> but had we contineud with the show, it might very well have been that
they were
> part of the Liege Maximo or Jhiaxus faction for the comic books.
>
> Larry D
>
> -Mr.Ghoul

D'oh! erased a sentence right before I posted -

Thanks for clearing this up. I think that this is too bad, since it
explained why the hell he'd blow up the Ark (although if he was a G2
descendant I guess that works...I just didn't like the G2 comic). I
liked the idea that Unicron might still be around, floating through
space and barely alive. Since Bob Skir has said that BMT isn't going to
directly refer to the other series then ol' rockmuncher won't be making
any appearances.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/