Important questions to ask Orson/Hasbro

XGrimlock2002

Jan 3, 2004, 9:56:13 PM1/3/04
Lets all "PRETEND" this is "Orson's world forum." Or let's all pretend this is
the Transformers.com web site

What Important Transformer releated questions would you ask Orson/Hasbro.
I'm going to list my Questions to Orson/Hasbro. Please list your questions
too.

Here's my important questions to Orson/Hasbro. I'm also going to add side
comments after my question.

(1)Where are the "Legends of Cybertron" toy line? We were promised these toys
from various official sources. Rumors even said Hasbro was going to sell
exclusive repaints of a few molds. example: the G-1 Starscream mold was going
to be repainted into thundercracker & other seekers. SIDE COMMENT: I think
this was a great idea. these toys could have competed with the 5 inch Gundam
robots line. selling each figure for $12.99 would be a reasonable price.
selling each for $20+would be insane.

(2)Will we be getting 2 color variations for each new Energon mold? Sort of
like regular & super power up recolors like Armada & Rid had.
SIDE COMMENT: I think repainting a TF new mold twice is a great idea. it
allows the buyer to choose his favorite color scheme for that toy mold.
Currently color variations are the "in thing." Heck it cost money+time to make
a TF toy mold. might as well milk the mold as much as you can with various
recolors. no one's forcing anyone to buy everthing or be a completist. buy
what you like & keep the rest on the store shelves.
(3)Are we getting a Energon new mold for Cyclonus? SIDE COMMENT: Demolisher is
getting a new mold for Energon. it's only fair Cyclonus gets a new mold too.
(4)How come you guys didn't name the new Energon mold Mirage as "Scourge"?
SIDE COMMENT: The toy looks like a updated version of 1986 TF G-1 Scourge.
Here's hoping Takara names the toy Scourge.
(5)Will the "Legends of Cybertron" line be available to all major retain
chains? or be exclusive to one store? SIDE COMMENT: I could understand the
reason for the HOC line being only in 2-3 store chains. However the Legends of
Cybertron line will sell beyond great. At the very least TRU would be a great
chain store to be exclusive too.
(6)How come the 1997 G-2 Laser rods have yet to be re-released as either TFU
toys or store exclusive? SIDE COMMENT: Are the molds broke or lost?
C'mon we've received every super poseable G-2 toy except the 4 Laser rod cars.
These would sell great because there super poseable car bots with light up
weapons. I'd really like a answer behind the "no-show" recolored laser rods.
Heck Hasbro could even recolor the Laser Rods & call them Energon Decepticon
toys. they could even be in the energon cartoon+comic too.
(7)Why exactly are the Energon Autobots toys double the volume of the Energon
Decepticon toys. SIDE COMMENT: With Armada & Beastwars there was a even 50/50
ratio of good/bad robots. why the sudden tip in the scale in the autobots
favor for Energon? I kinda get the Feeling the 2 in 1 combination gimmick took
priority over the decepticon hidden weapon gimmick.
(8) Whats up with the color yellow. why is it on 80% new mold Transformers.
as in either primary or highlight colors?
(9)Why can't we get some more realistic colors fitting a real life
vechicle/Animals for a TF? Example: A purple wolf Silverbot for the TF line.
A rainbow colored Depth charge for TFU. The badly colored Armada Tidalwave.
No ones saying paint everything black+grey. just stop using those neon colors
& so forth.
(10)Why exactly is painting a TF toy in "OLD STYLE" Robot colors forbidden?
I'd like to see a TF toy done in rusted grey. lets use more metal colors like
copper,silver,gold,chrome,zinc & so forth. SIDE COMMENT: I think there should
be a rule to color 3 to 4 TF toys with a black+grey color scheme.
(11)Why exactly does certain TF molds get slapped kiddie bright colors on them?
lets color everything in regular realistic colors. SIDE COMMENT: This will
draw in more teenagers & adult collectors.
(12) There should be a few on-line Polls that lets the fans decide what colors
go on a particular new mold. the highest votes gets the colors scheme put on
that toy. SIDE COMMENT: This would be a good/fun idea on various levels.
(13) Why are you guys repainting the TF G-1 1985 Bruticus combiner mold so many
times? SIDE COMMENT: I think it's time to move on & recolor other TF G-1
1984-1988 Combiner molds. Superion was recolored in 1994 for G-2. The
Seacons/Piranaking from 1987 was recolored in 1996 for the Japanese TF toyline
called Beastwars 2nd. the toy was named God Neptune.
(14)Hasbro promised TFU recolors of the 1987-1990 TF molds. Why are there no
1987-1990 TF G-1 molds recolored for TFU line yet?
(15) Will we see any 3+ bots combine into a big robot for energon?

That's all my questions. What is eveyone else's questions to ask Orson/Hasbro?
Please list your questions within this thread.
That's all the questions I've got. What are everyone else's questions to
Orson/Hasbro.

Zac Bond

Jan 4, 2004, 12:13:26 AM1/4/04

"XGrimlock2002" <xgriml...@aol.com> wrote in message

> (7)Why exactly are the Energon Autobots toys double the volume of
the Energon
> Decepticon toys. SIDE COMMENT: With Armada & Beastwars there was a
even 50/50
> ratio of good/bad robots. why the sudden tip in the scale in the
autobots

I think you were the same one who made this claim last time about a
50/50 split for Armada, when it is closer to 40/60 (if you include the
two Starscream recolors on the Decepticon side).

-Zac

Farrell

Jan 4, 2004, 9:13:01 AM1/4/04
XGrimlock2002 wrote:

> (2)Will we be getting 2 color variations for each new Energon mold? Sort of
> like regular & super power up recolors like Armada & Rid had.
> SIDE COMMENT: I think repainting a TF new mold twice is a great idea. it
> allows the buyer to choose his favorite color scheme for that toy mold.
> Currently color variations are the "in thing." Heck it cost money+time to make
> a TF toy mold. might as well milk the mold as much as you can with various
> recolors. no one's forcing anyone to buy everthing or be a completist. buy
> what you like & keep the rest on the store shelves.

not when you don't find out there's a better/nicer recolour AFTER you've
bought the first one.
(not a problem in the UK, since we hardly even get the first colour
before the 2nd one's gone in the US)

> (11)Why exactly does certain TF molds get slapped kiddie bright colors on them?
> lets color everything in regular realistic colors. SIDE COMMENT: This will
> draw in more teenagers & adult collectors.

the toys are aimed at kids, so let's use 'kiddie bright colors'
any adult or teenager collectors who buy them are just a bonus.

> (12) There should be a few on-line Polls that lets the fans decide what colors
> go on a particular new mold. the highest votes gets the colors scheme put on
> that toy. SIDE COMMENT: This would be a good/fun idea on various levels.

yeah, but look what happened with the last one.
We ended up with a supersized G1 Optimus Prime, with diecast parts, and
electronics. If I recall correctly, he didn't get the majority vote, and
there are more interesting transformers that could have been made into
the 20th anniversery version
(not saying that he's a bad toy, cause he's not - he's kick ass)

my only question wouldn't be Orson related
Why and When is the rest of the world gonna get treated as fairly as THE
US when it comes to transformers.
ie, When are we gonna see full lines of Transformers, and why can't we
get them at the same time as the US

(I can't be the only one who gets annoyed at the sighting reports here
because I know it'll be months - or possibly never - before I see the
same toys)

--
Capt

Notus00

Jan 9, 2004, 4:04:26 AM1/9/04
>7)Why exactly are the Energon Autobots toys double the volume of the Energon
>Decepticon toys

I'm not Orson, but I think the reason why there are more Autobots is because
... believe it or not ... little boys are more likely to buy good guys than bad
guys just like they are more likely to buy male characters than female ones.

I saw this actually play out in Toys R Us once. The boy wanted a Transformer,
but all of the big Armada toys left were Decepticons. His mother(?) and I
finally convinced him to get Tidal Wave and pretend that he was an Autobot spy
since his colors didn't match the character in the show. ;)

One more thing ... it seems like that the Decepticons were larger and stronger
than Autobots and, therefore, there were less of them in order to balance out
the two sides way back in G1. That might be the current paradigm for Energon.

Lastly, E-Ravage is supposed to be able to clone himself like the Insecticons,
providing much "faceless" cannon fodder for the Autobots.

- Chad
who misses Orson's World but does enjoy the news flashes on transformers.com

Ethan Hammond

Jan 9, 2004, 5:19:36 AM1/9/04
"Notus00" <not...@aol.comNOSPAM> wrote in message

> Lastly, E-Ravage is supposed to be able to clone himself like the
Insecticons,
> providing much "faceless" cannon fodder for the Autobots.

They call them Battle Ravage drones in the Energon mini comic that comes
with the toys.

--
All Purpose Cultural Randomness
http://www.angelfire.com/tx/apcr/index.html

Downtown Torpedo

Jan 9, 2004, 8:01:16 PM1/9/04
I'd personally like to know if we'll ever get a reissue of the G1
Dinobots. I remember Tformers citing some source that we would receive
them late 2003, but that hasn't seemed to pan out.

Is it a mold problem? They were working a decade ago for the G2
Dinobots, but something may have happened since then.

I doubt there'd be any problem with demand; kids love dinosaurs, kids
love robots. Throw them together, preferably with their original paint
scheme (the garish G2 paint schemes kept me from purchasing them at
the time), and add in the G1 nostalgia factor, and it's probably as
safe a bet as any reissue. Plus, it seems from casual conversation
with non-transfan friends, that everyone remembers the Dinobots, and
loves them.

Downtown.

M Sipher

Jan 9, 2004, 8:14:57 PM1/9/04
"Downtown Torpedo" <downtow...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I doubt there'd be any problem with demand; kids love dinosaurs, kids
> love robots. Throw them together, preferably with their original paint
> scheme (the garish G2 paint schemes kept me from purchasing them at
> the time),

(blinks)

Deep red w/ black, deep green & deep red w/ black, and deep blue w/ black
are hardly "garish" schemes.

M "Hell, Dark Turquiose Isn't Even What I'd Consider 'Garish'" Sipher
--
King Weasel Productions
Home of the productions of King Weasel!

David Willis

Jan 9, 2004, 8:47:33 PM1/9/04
> > I doubt there'd be any problem with demand; kids love dinosaurs, kids
> > love robots. Throw them together, preferably with their original paint
> > scheme (the garish G2 paint schemes kept me from purchasing them at
> > the time),
>
> (blinks)
>
> Deep red w/ black, deep green & deep red w/ black, and deep blue w/ black
> are hardly "garish" schemes.

Well, "garish" means any color that's not black, silver, or black.

--David
Except when it's a construction vehicle, where any color scheme other than
neon
green and bright purple is unexceptable.
www.itswalky.com

Mark Brown

Jan 10, 2004, 7:12:39 PM1/10/04
"Downtown Torpedo" <downtow...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'd personally like to know if we'll ever get a reissue of the G1
> Dinobots.
*SNIP*

> I doubt there'd be any problem with demand; kids love dinosaurs, kids
> love robots. Throw them together, preferably with their original paint
> scheme (the garish G2 paint schemes kept me from purchasing them at
> the time), and add in the G1 nostalgia factor, and it's probably as
> safe a bet as any reissue. Plus, it seems from casual conversation
> with non-transfan friends, that everyone remembers the Dinobots, and
> loves them.

Well, true, but after three movies worth of Jurassic_Park toys, d'you really
think kids'd go for droopy, tired-looking, 80s-style dinobots with only
limited posability in either mode?

I'm still hoping that Hasbro's "homage" mentality leands to ~redesigned~
dinobots. Like a Snarl that actually looks conscious, or a Grimlock who
leans forward on his toes rather than stomping around flat-footed like a man
in a suit.

We're almost there with Energon's Terrorcons. Heck, we were almost there
with the TM beast-era (TM Megatron, anyone?)

Mark
"Yet somehow, the TM Megatron mold just doesn't seem like Grimlock, even
when repainted."

Galenraff

Jan 12, 2004, 11:07:38 PM1/12/04
> "Yet somehow, the TM Megatron mold just doesn't seem like Grimlock, even
> when repainted."

My own opinion on this is that the original 5 Dinobots had to be very
*robotic* dinosaurs, not just dinosaurs. None of the BW-era dinosaur
molds, even those repainted into "Dinobots" really have felt like it,
because they're not so big, metallic-looking, clunky, and just so raw
& powerful as the original five.

-----------Galenraff-------------
Now that we've all discovered that jets can in fact
be painted orange, it's time to stop painting jets
orange.

wreckgar

Jan 13, 2004, 2:33:46 AM1/13/04

"XGrimlock2002" <xgriml...@aol.com> wrote in message

> What Important Transformer releated questions would you ask Orson/Hasbro.

I think I speak for all of us when I would ask:

"What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?"

Snap snap, grin grin, wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more?
WreckGar : )

Gustavo Wombat

Jan 13, 2004, 5:18:23 PM1/13/04
Galenraff <gale...@aol.com> wrote in message news:<hpr600d7ivo62ogtf...@4ax.com>...

> > "Yet somehow, the TM Megatron mold just doesn't seem like Grimlock, even
> > when repainted."
>
> My own opinion on this is that the original 5 Dinobots had to be very
> *robotic* dinosaurs, not just dinosaurs. None of the BW-era dinosaur
> molds, even those repainted into "Dinobots" really have felt like it,
> because they're not so big, metallic-looking, clunky, and just so raw
> & powerful as the original five.

TM Megs is big, metallic-looking, clunky and powerful.

He'll just never look like Grimlock because he looks like TM Megs.
(But, if there was never a TM Megs character, he would make a
perfectly passable Grimlock. And TM Terrorsaur makes a perfectly
passable Swoop...)

--Gustavo

Mark Brown

Jan 13, 2004, 6:08:56 PM1/13/04
"Galenraff" <gale...@aol.com> wrote in message
> My own opinion on this is that the original 5 Dinobots had to be very
> *robotic* dinosaurs, not just dinosaurs. None of the BW-era dinosaur
> molds, even those repainted into "Dinobots" really have felt like it,
> because they're not so big, metallic-looking, clunky, and just so raw
> & powerful as the original five.

True, that articulates it a lot better than I did. ;)

I just want something that keeps that bulky, mechanoid look while still
looking like powerful, deadly killing machines (as opposed to the "slow,
stompy lizards" of the 80s).

You see Grimlock coming toward you, he should evoke an instinctive, primal
terror ingrained into every being to ever evolve on Earth, not remind you of
the Barney theme song.

Mark
"Also wants a G1-style velociraptor Dinobot, but Cruellock'll do in a
pinch."

Ethan Hammond

Jan 14, 2004, 5:01:17 AM1/14/04
"Gustavo Wombat" <Gustav...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> TM Megs is big, metallic-looking, clunky and powerful.
>
> He'll just never look like Grimlock because he looks like TM Megs.
> (But, if there was never a TM Megs character, he would make a
> perfectly passable Grimlock. And TM Terrorsaur makes a perfectly
> passable Swoop...)

I have seen some TM Megs repaints that made one hell of a good
War Within Grimlock.