Sixwing translations wanted

Argus

Feb 18, 2003, 2:22:56 AM2/18/03
I've uploaded scans of thier booklets (along with all sorts of other stuff)
to my little website. I was just wondering if anyone here has the time to
translate the sixwing member texts?

http://home.wanadoo.nl/argus

Argus .. weblord of the Domus Mundi

Douglas W. Dlin

Feb 18, 2003, 10:30:58 PM2/18/03
On Feb. 18, 2003, Argus wrote:

> I've uploaded scans of thier booklets (along with all sorts of other
> stuff) to my little website. I was just wondering if anyone here has
> the time to translate the sixwing member texts?
>
> http://home.wanadoo.nl/argus

Ah yes, I was just pointed to this by an eager TransFan last night.
Didn't have time to work on it then, but managed squeeze it in tonight.
I've broken up the primary story into more workable paragraph sizes, as
well as fudged a word or sentence break point here and there to make it
read a bit more like regular English, but otherwise this should be
pretty much intact.

Whatever faults anyone finds in my choice of prose, know that the re-use
of "snapped" was done on purpose. :-)

Doug Dlin
apcog @ hotmail.com

ENTER THE DESTRON SIXWING!!

Deep in the night, the shadow of a plane neared the Cybertron base
unnoticed. Using his stealth abilities to their fullest, Missile Run of
the SixWing team was attempting to infiltrate the base. Cutting his
engines, Missile Run silently glided in to a landing.

"Transform!"

Shifting to robot mode, he eluded the automatic surveillance network and
succeeded in sneaking inside. Confirming there was no one watching the
passageway, Missile Run infiltrated even deeper into the base. His goal
was to capture the Cybertron capsules sleeping in compressed storage.
Not all the Seiberdroids who had crashed on Earth had evolved into
Micromasters. The Seiberdroids who were in compressed hibernation still
remained asleep, not yet given a vehicle into which to evolve. This
measure had been taken based on a decision by Diego and the other
Cybertron warriors, who had no wish to increase the number of teammates
who might be evolved into Destrons.

The instant Missile Run reached for the capsules, a piercing alarm rang
out, and he found himself held at gunpoint by Road Police, who was first
to charge in. "Hold up!" Road Police cried out, bringing Missile Run to
a halt.

"You think we'd pass up a chance to make more friends?" Missile Run
snapped sarcastically. Then he snapped his fingers, and the wall behind
Road Police blew apart with a roar, the result of a pinpoint attack by
the Destron soldier Raker. Missile Run made good his escape, and the
pursuing Cybertron warriors found themselves faceplate to faceplate with
the Destron Wing Team.

"The operation has failed," Chaingun's furious shout echoed. "Destroy
everything! Combine!!" And at his command, they did just that, forming
SixWing. As SixWing flew freely through the air and attacked, the
Cybertrons found themselves faced with a difficult fight.

"Well, we'll just combine too," SixTurbo said, entering the fray, but
he also found himself hard pressed by a foe who could transform at will
while attacking from the sky.

"Help's on the way!" SixLiner said, arriving to back him up. In his
hand, he clutched a modified Vaccine Program Gun. (This was a
modification of the program that saved the reverse-evolved SixTurbo.
Sireen had developed it in the hope that it might reverse-evolve
Destrons into Cybertrons.) "Bullseye!" SixLiner scored a direct hit on
SixWing. As SixWing suffered in pain, his body began to turn white.
"Just the opposite of what happened to 'Turbo," SixLiner rejoiced in his
success. Reborn in mid-air into a pure white body, SixWing now sported
a Cybertron emblem gleaming on his chest.

"Welcome back, CYBERTRON warrior SixWing," SixTurbo said, extending his hand.

"Wait!" SixLiner said, holding him back. "Look at his Cybertron mark."
They heard a sinister chuckle from the white SixWing, who bore a purple
Cybertron symbol on his chest. "Just as I'd planned. I've gained a new
power, the power of an evil Cybertron. Behold the birth of Berserker SixWing!"

...and the battle between Cybertron and Destron continues...

Combat Helicopter/CHAINGUN
The Wing Team Leader. His high-performance hovering ability lets him
transform freely in flight. His preferred tactic is to circle silently
around behind his foe and then attack. "The surest way to defeat an
enemy is from behind," is his motto. Won the position of leadership by
his strength.

Sonic-Speed Bomber/MISSILE RUN
A schemer, he is the team's tactical officer. Has high-performance
stealth abilities. With his strategical instructions to his teammates,
he can provide more precise orders than Chaingun. Harbors a strong
rivalry with Diego of the Liner Team.

Space Shuttle/RAKER
Raker excels in outer space combat and can make atmospheric re-entry
under his own power. He specializes in diving attacks from high
altitudes. A real flirt, he has frequently fallen into crises through
his relations with femmes.

Supersonic Passenger Jet/SUPERSONIC
Loves beautiful objects, hates taking part in operations that get his
frame dirty. Since he is always seeking beauty, even in attacks and
destruction, he frequently conflicts with Chaingun over strategies.
Prefers flying at high altitudes above the clouds so rain won't get him wet.

Jet Fighter/FLANKER
The kind who's out to please everyone, Flanker specializes overall in
attacking the weak from behind the protection of the strong. Always
alternating in siding with either Chaingun or Supersonic, he actually
views them both as beneath him. Secretly aiming to take the leader's
position for himself.

Jet Fighter/FALCON
The hardest worker on the Wing Team. Terse of speech, this soldier
follows orders faithfully. However, he is also the only soldier among
the Destrons to wonder why he evolved into a Destron and not a
Cybertron, even as he continues fighting.

Derik Smith

Feb 19, 2003, 3:23:51 AM2/19/03
>Whatever faults anyone finds in my choice of prose, know that the re-use
>of "snapped" was done on purpose. :-)

>ENTER THE DESTRON SIXWING!!

>Deep in the night, the shadow of a plane neared the Cybertron base
>unnoticed. Using his stealth abilities to their fullest, Missile Run of
>the SixWing team was attempting to infiltrate the base. Cutting his
>engines, Missile Run silently glided in to a landing.

Say, that's kinda neat.
...I suspect it's aerodynamicly unsound, but neat nontheless.

>"Transform!"
>
>Shifting to robot mode, he eluded the automatic surveillance network and
>succeeded in sneaking inside. Confirming there was no one watching the
>passageway, Missile Run infiltrated even deeper into the base. His goal
>was to capture the Cybertron capsules sleeping in compressed storage.
>Not all the Seiberdroids who had crashed on Earth had evolved into
>Micromasters. The Seiberdroids who were in compressed hibernation still
>remained asleep, not yet given a vehicle into which to evolve. This
>measure had been taken based on a decision by Diego and the other
>Cybertron warriors, who had no wish to increase the number of teammates
>who might be evolved into Destrons.

Is Seiberdroid the japanese term for protoform used in BW? (Come to think
of it, trying to remember what the pre-format Autorollers were called...)

>"Help's on the way!" SixLiner said, arriving to back him up. In his
>hand, he clutched a modified Vaccine Program Gun. (This was a
>modification of the program that saved the reverse-evolved SixTurbo.
>Sireen had developed it in the hope that it might reverse-evolve
>Destrons into Cybertrons.) "Bullseye!" SixLiner scored a direct hit on
>SixWing. As SixWing suffered in pain, his body began to turn white.
>"Just the opposite of what happened to 'Turbo," SixLiner rejoiced in his
>success. Reborn in mid-air into a pure white body, SixWing now sported
>a Cybertron emblem gleaming on his chest.

Now this is interesting. It has been my IMPRESSION base on the Sixturbo
story that when the Micromaster suip crashed there was a fallout among the
crew, between Cybertrons who wanted to remain undercover on Earth, and Destrone
who wanted to rape and pillage the planet, so they broke and went seperate
ways.
Yet this story seems to indicate that when the ship crashed, the crew
awakened a few of their crew from stasis pods (Um, likely Sixturbo and Sixwing,
barring any infor on Sixbuilder and Sixliner to be revealed over the next
year...) and for some UNKNOWN reason, some of the crew formatted a Destrons.
I'm also gettign a better handle on the lingo. To 'evolve' is to aquire
an altmode (or to be reformatted into a new one.) Thus a 'reverse evolution'
is... um... it's like Flash Lioconvoy, or the Super Car Bros- but in reverse.
A powerup that turns them EVIL.
It reminds me of somethign Digimon does. Once I fianlly understand the
internal logic behind the terminology, it becomes MUCH easier to accept.
Evolution is being used in an altogether different context here than in the US-
it's being used as Digivolution, or Pokemon evolution. I don't have to LIKE
it, but I at last understand it.

>"Welcome back, CYBERTRON warrior SixWing," SixTurbo said, extending his hand.
>
>"Wait!" SixLiner said, holding him back. "Look at his Cybertron mark."
>They heard a sinister chuckle from the white SixWing, who bore a purple
>Cybertron symbol on his chest. "Just as I'd planned. I've gained a new
>power, the power of an evil Cybertron. Behold the birth of Berserker
SixWing!"

>...and the battle between Cybertron and Destron continues...

Whot? A cliffhanger? Waah! No fait, 6 months+ between installments, and
we get a cliffhanger?
*cough*primaldawn*cough*

For anyone who has trouble keeping straight who's who in these profiles-
Doug translated them in the same order that they're numbered in on the
upper-right of this image:
http://home.wanadoo.nl/argus/Images/sixwing/Scan1.JPG

>Sonic-Speed Bomber/MISSILE RUN
>A schemer, he is the team's tactical officer. Has high-performance
>stealth abilities. With his strategical instructions to his teammates,
>he can provide more precise orders than Chaingun. Harbors a strong
>rivalry with Diego of the Liner Team.

...Strategical?
And Digo again. (Is Diego your new prefered spelling?) He was good
friends with Sireen too...

>Space Shuttle/RAKER
>Raker excels in outer space combat and can make atmospheric re-entry
>under his own power. He specializes in diving attacks from high
>altitudes. A real flirt, he has frequently fallen into crises through
>his relations with femmes.

Okay does this refer to his love life befoe Earth> Or is he flirting with
Discarge, or what? (Because IIRC, there are no other TF's on Earth at this
point.)
Also, this would be the first Destron flirt character we've gotten, no?

>Jet Fighter/FALCON
>The hardest worker on the Wing Team. Terse of speech, this soldier
>follows orders faithfully. However, he is also the only soldier among
>the Destrons to wonder why he evolved into a Destron and not a
>Cybertron, even as he continues fighting.

Hrm...

Whoever is writing these mini-specs is outdoing themselves. I can get a
real FEEL for these guys as a unit, with their differing personalities, power
struggles and divisions. ...and the goofballs.

-Derik
"You have zero talent. Give up writing." -Yuki Eiri, Gravitation
"How does this thing stand up?" -Chris Funaro, on Dana Mitchell

I probably don't care what you think.

Shockwave 75

Feb 19, 2003, 4:11:09 AM2/19/03
Cool! Great translations.

I was kind of hoping for more of an explanation of why Sixwing is now
a Destron rather than a Cybertron.

It's almost like they (Takara) are trying to start a new storyline
that is completely separate from "Operation: Combination".

While I plan on getting these guys, I hope they get reissued in their
original Cybertron forms.

Douglas W. Dlin

Feb 19, 2003, 10:04:46 AM2/19/03
On Feb. 19, 2003, Derik Smith wrote:

>> Cutting his engines, Missile Run silently glided in to a landing.
>
> Say, that's kinda neat.
> ...I suspect it's aerodynamicly unsound, but neat nontheless.

Agreed, on both counts, but it wouldn't be the first time TF vehicles
have pulled stunts their normal equivalents could never manage.

> Is Seiberdroid the japanese term for protoform used in BW?

No, I think that was "prototype." This is the first instance of
"Seiberdroid" I've encountered. It could be a new term with an
identical or similar meaning, but there's no further context given to
make sure.

> (Come to think of it, trying to remember what the pre-format
> Autorollers were called...)

Don't recall off-hand, but Jordan or Hydra might.

>> Reborn in mid-air into a pure white body, SixWing now sported
>> a Cybertron emblem gleaming on his chest.
>
> Now this is interesting. It has been my IMPRESSION base on the
> Sixturbo story that when the Micromaster suip crashed there was a
> fallout among the crew, between Cybertrons who wanted to remain
> undercover on Earth, and Destrone who wanted to rape and pillage the
> planet, so they broke and went seperate ways.
> Yet this story seems to indicate that when the ship crashed, the crew
> awakened a few of their crew from stasis pods (Um, likely Sixturbo and
> Sixwing, barring any infor on Sixbuilder and Sixliner to be revealed
> over the next year...) and for some UNKNOWN reason, some of the crew
> formatted a Destrons.

That's the impression I got initially. They all started off as just
generic TFs, but some became Cybertron Micromasters while others became
Destron Micromasters. It's not said whether anything guided which way
one evolved, or whether it just went one way or the other at random.

> I'm also gettign a better handle on the lingo. To 'evolve' is to

> acquire an altmode (or to be reformatted into a new one.)

Pretty much. It's kinda used that way in Armada/Micron Legend, as in
Megatron's "Transformation Evolution" to get his full-firepower mode.
Not QUITE the same, but more in that vein than in the standard definition.

> Thus a 'reverse evolution' is... um... it's like Flash Lioconvoy, or
> the Super Car Bros- but in reverse. A powerup that turns them EVIL.

Sorta. A power-up or change that causes them to switch sides. Notice
the text refers to changing a Destron into a Cybertron as
reverse-evolving as well.

> I don't have to LIKE it, but I at last understand it.

If only more people would take that attitude. :-)

> Whot? A cliffhanger? Waah! No fait, 6 months+ between installments,
> and we get a cliffhanger?

All the more reason to buy the next set. That's what, SixBuilder?

> For anyone who has trouble keeping straight who's who in these
> profiles-
> Doug translated them in the same order that they're numbered in on the
> upper-right of this image:
> http://home.wanadoo.nl/argus/Images/sixwing/Scan1.JPG

Ah, yes, should've mentioned that. Thanks.

>> Sonic-Speed Bomber/MISSILE RUN
>> A schemer, he is the team's tactical officer. Has high-performance
>> stealth abilities. With his strategical instructions to his
>> teammates, he can provide more precise orders than Chaingun. Harbors
>> a strong rivalry with Diego of the Liner Team.
>
> ...Strategical?

I started with "strategic," but it didn't feel right. It seemed to
imply that he handed out the instructions in a strategic manner, rather
than that the instructions were about strategy.

> And Digo again. (Is Diego your new prefered spelling?)

It's a sort of compromise. The character's name is pronounced "Dee-go,"
but it's an extended "ee" sound, so I use "Diego," which fits in with
some of the other names on his team and can also fit the pronunciation
if you take a Germanic vowel approach. :-) I might change my mind again
later, but that's the stance for now.

>> Space Shuttle/RAKER
>> Raker excels in outer space combat and can make atmospheric re-entry
>> under his own power. He specializes in diving attacks from high
>> altitudes. A real flirt, he has frequently fallen into crises
>> through his relations with femmes.
>
> Okay does this refer to his love life befoe Earth> Or is he flirting
> with Discarge, or what?

Doesn't say, obviously, but you're welcome to speculate. :-)

> Also, this would be the first Destron flirt character we've gotten,
> no?

Does Speedbreaker count?

> Whoever is writing these mini-specs is outdoing themselves. I can get
> a real FEEL for these guys as a unit, with their differing
> personalities, power struggles and divisions. ...and the goofballs.

Agreed. They're really putting effort into differentiating the
characters and giving them each at least a little background.

Mark Brown

Feb 19, 2003, 10:22:49 AM2/19/03
"Douglas W. Dlin" <ap...@texas.net> wrote in message

> On Feb. 18, 2003, Argus wrote:
*SNIP*

> Jet Fighter/FALCON
> The hardest worker on the Wing Team. Terse of speech, this soldier
> follows orders faithfully. However, he is also the only soldier among
> the Destrons to wonder why he evolved into a Destron and not a
> Cybertron, even as he continues fighting.

So basically, he's mini-Thundercracker? ;)

Mark
"Again. If they show up here. . ."

Gyumaoh

Feb 19, 2003, 3:11:55 PM2/19/03
>This is the first instance of
>"Seiberdroid" I've encountered.

I'm pretty sure it was in the SixTurbo "story" somewhere; maybe it was
Sixliner. I think it defined them as non-transforming Cybertronians.

>> And Digo again. (Is Diego your new prefered spelling?)

>The character's name is pronounced "Dee-go,"
>but it's an extended "ee" sound, so I use "Diego,"

Plus, wasn't the Sixtrain version called "San Deego"? It would seem like it's
supposed to be Diego.

Richard Mistron

Feb 19, 2003, 7:31:15 PM2/19/03
Douglas W. Dlin translated a buncha stuff...

Just wanted to give you a hearty "Thank you" for translating all that, Doug.
We love ya, man!

--
http://home.sprynet.com/~orioneos/
"Bumblebee needs assistance at the tuna plant!" - Zeatha Mistron

Douglas W. Dlin

Feb 19, 2003, 8:36:22 PM2/19/03
On Feb. 19, 2003, Gyumaoh wrote:

>> This is the first instance of "Seiberdroid" I've encountered.
>
> I'm pretty sure it was in the SixTurbo "story" somewhere; maybe it was
> Sixliner. I think it defined them as non-transforming Cybertronians.

I'd have to see the scan of the story again to be sure. It isn't in my
translation, but I could have overlooked it. Or it could be in
SixLiner's story and I overlooked it THERE. :-P

>>> And Digo again. (Is Diego your new prefered spelling?)
>> The character's name is pronounced "Dee-go,"
>> but it's an extended "ee" sound, so I use "Diego,"
>
> Plus, wasn't the Sixtrain version called "San Deego"? It would seem
> like it's supposed to be Diego.

That too...

Douglas W. Dlin

Feb 19, 2003, 9:01:22 PM2/19/03
On Feb. 19, 2003, Richard Mistron wrote:

> Douglas W. Dlin translated a buncha stuff...
>
> Just wanted to give you a hearty "Thank you" for translating all that,
> Doug.

You're quite welcome. Just a lucky thing I had an hour or so free at
the time.

> We love ya, man!

Marvelous. Where's my monthly tribute?

Doug Dlin
apcog @ hotmail.com...

Richard Mistron

Feb 19, 2003, 9:13:06 PM2/19/03
Douglas W. Dlin wrote...

> Richard Mistron wrote:
>
> > Just wanted to give you a hearty "Thank you" for translating
> > all that, Doug.
>
> You're quite welcome. Just a lucky thing I had an hour or so free at
> the time.

So the key is timing. I don't suppose temperature factors into that at all
does it?

> > We love ya, man!
>
> Marvelous. Where's my monthly tribute?

Right here:
http://home.sprynet.com/~orioneos/doug_dlin.htm

You didn't say it had to be monetary.

Gyumaoh

Feb 19, 2003, 9:22:12 PM2/19/03
>Or it could be in
>SixLiner's story and I overlooked it THERE. :-P

That must be where it is, because I can't seem to find it in the Sixturbo
instructions. (And I've misplaced Sixliner's at the moment.)

Sixliner's came first, so that's probably where it is in the "Micromaster"
origin. (Ever notice these rereleases aren't called "Microtransformers" like
the old ones?)

Douglas W. Dlin

Feb 19, 2003, 9:23:53 PM2/19/03
On Feb. 19, 2003, Richard Mistron wrote:

> Douglas W. Dlin wrote...
>> Richard Mistron wrote:
>>
>>> Just wanted to give you a hearty "Thank you" for translating
>>> all that, Doug.
>>
>> You're quite welcome. Just a lucky thing I had an hour or so free at
>> the time.
>
> So the key is timing. I don't suppose temperature factors into that at
> all does it?

Yeah, if I've got a fever, I don't do translations.

>>> We love ya, man!
>>
>> Marvelous. Where's my monthly tribute?
>
> Right here:
> http://home.sprynet.com/~orioneos/doug_dlin.htm

!_! It's a pity such things don't do much for one's resume.

> You didn't say it had to be monetary.

Dang, I knew I should've written up a contract...

Zobovor

Feb 19, 2003, 9:34:45 PM2/19/03
Richard Mistron wrote:

>> You're quite welcome. Just a lucky thing I had an hour or so free at
>> the time.
>
>So the key is timing.

I bet the trick is to wait until Doug's newsgroup posts start rolling in.
"Hey, look! Doug's got some time to kill! Quick, jump him!"

>http://home.sprynet.com/~orioneos/doug_dlin.htm

I hereby nominate myself for a tribute during the month of March. :)

Hydra

Feb 20, 2003, 1:03:19 AM2/20/03
unic...@hotmail.com (Shockwave 75) wrote in message news:<6a2f48b3.0302...@posting.google.com>...

> Cool! Great translations.
>
> I was kind of hoping for more of an explanation of why Sixwing is now
> a Destron rather than a Cybertron.
>
> It's almost like they (Takara) are trying to start a new storyline
> that is completely separate from "Operation: Combination".

I don't know, I thought it fit in well as sort of an Operation
Combination side story. O.C. was never fleshed out very well as a
series, since it didn't have either an anime or manga, or anything
except some TV Mag installments, really. take this as a welcome look
a little deeper into what was happening at the time. There isn't
anything much that really sets it apart. Of course, there are other
characters from O:C who don't show up here, but that's easily
understandable being that Takara's not reissuing them...

-Hydra

Gyumaoh

Feb 20, 2003, 2:47:15 AM2/20/03
re: Saberdroids

Yup, they were mentioned in Sixliner's instruction sheet.

See #1 on this page:
http://www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~FOUR-W-D/micromasters.htm

Derik Smith

Feb 20, 2003, 2:49:05 AM2/20/03
Doug wrote:

>I'd have to see the scan of the story again to be sure. It isn't in my
>translation, but I could have overlooked it.

Suxturbo catalog:
http://members.fortunecity.com/mykooltoyz/scans/CATALOG.JPG
And your translation:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3D86C1E1.3DB4DBAC%40texas.net&output=
gplain

>Or it could be in
>SixLiner's story and I overlooked it THERE. :-P

...Sixliner had a story? I thought he just had specs. Why did no one
tell me?
Waah, I feel lost, somebody hold me!

As long as I'm digging into 6 month old threads in Google, and since I
know he's listening in on this thread...

Gyumaoh (not so recently) wrote:
>>Was magmatron's ship actually called the Dynasoar in the cartoon?
>
>Yeah, the "Dinosaur" or "Dynasoar".
>Same as their late home planet.

Wait- home planet? ...bwah? Late? Explain, I demand it! (and if you do
I'll give you cookies!)

Gyumaoh

Feb 20, 2003, 6:07:01 PM2/20/03
>>Yeah, the "Dinosaur" or "Dynasoar".
>>Same as their late home planet.
>
> Wait- home planet? ...bwah? Late? Explain, I demand it!

OK!
The Beast Wars Neo dinosaur Destron/Predacons came from a planet called
"Dinosaur". Unfortunately for them, Unicron happened to come by and devour it.

Douglas W. Dlin

Feb 20, 2003, 6:11:23 PM2/20/03
On Feb. 20, 2003, Derik Smith wrote:

> Doug wrote:
>
>> I'd have to see the scan of the story again to be sure. It isn't in
>> my translation, but I could have overlooked it.
>
> Suxturbo catalog:

Are you trying to sneak in some personal opinion on the 'Turbo team
there, Derik? ;-)

Thanks. I found the files later last night anyway, and sure enough, no
Seiberdroid mention in it.

>> Or it could be in SixLiner's story and I overlooked it THERE. :-P
>
> ...Sixliner had a story? I thought he just had specs.

Come to think of it, I think you're right. That would explain how I
missed any mention of Seiberdroids in it.

> Waah, I feel lost, somebody hold me!

Uh...over to you, Jackpot.

(No, I don't mean anything by that. I looked at the group's queue on my
screen for a name to put there, and Jackpot's was the first I saw. Honest.)

Douglas W. Dlin

Feb 20, 2003, 6:47:08 PM2/20/03

Ah, so he DID have a story. Wonder how I overlooked that. Okay, thanks
for clearing that up!

...oh, wait. Now everyone else (or at least Derik) will be antsy to
know what it says, won't they.

Once again, I've divided up the text into more manageable paragraphs and
made the occasional change in phrasing or sentence structure for
readability's sake.

A NEW TRANSFORMER LEGEND BEGINS!!

The Transformers' home world of Seibertron had been exhausted by the
Great Wars of their past. In the course of the wars, the good
Transformers, known as the Cybertrons, lost both the Matrix, which was
the amassment of their wisdom, and their leader, Convoy. However, after
the Great Wars ended, a number of Seiberdroids (Seibertronians without
the ability to transform) confirmed that Convoy had escaped into outer
space in combat. They planned to seek out the Matrix and Convoy, both
to restore their world and for the sake of the Cybertrons.
Organizing an exploration fleet, they journeyed into space, following
the traces of the Matrix. During their investigative travels, an
accident sent a dimensional shockwave washing over the Seiberdroids, and
they were teleported to a remote area of the galaxy, where they
crash-landed on the third planet of our solar system. The damage to
their ship left them with no means to contact or return to Seibertron,
but the dimensional vibrations also evolved the Seiberdroids so they
gained the ability to transform. This was the birth of the Transformer Micromasters.
In rapid succession, the Seiberdroids began transforming into Earthly
vehicles, but as a side effect of the evolution, evil minds emerged in
some of them, who evolved into the evil Transformers known as Destrons.
Gradually, Micromasters were divided into two forces. A new battle
began between the Destrons, who plotted to conquer the Earth and return
home to Seibertron, and the Cybertrons, who wanted to co-exist with
Humanity, set their sights on the cosmos with them, and continue their
search for the Matrix.

Mark Brown

Feb 20, 2003, 7:31:01 PM2/20/03
"Douglas W. Dlin" <ap...@texas.net> wrote in message
*SNIP*

> The Transformers' home world of Seibertron had been exhausted by the
> Great Wars of their past. In the course of the wars, the good
> Transformers, known as the Cybertrons, lost both the Matrix, which was
> the amassment of their wisdom, and their leader, Convoy. However, after
> the Great Wars ended, a number of Seiberdroids (Seibertronians without
> the ability to transform) confirmed that Convoy had escaped into outer
> space in combat. They planned to seek out the Matrix and Convoy, both
> to restore their world and for the sake of the Cybertrons.
> Organizing an exploration fleet, they journeyed into space, following
> the traces of the Matrix.
*SNIP*

Hmm. Up to this point, this could pass for a G1 crossover.

Mark
"That's why Megs returned to find Cybertron exactly as he'd left it;
everyone left."

Hydra

Feb 21, 2003, 4:09:23 AM2/21/03
"Douglas W. Dlin" <ap...@texas.net> wrote in message news:<3E5568FC...@texas.net>...
> Gyumaoh wrote:
> >
> > re: Saberdroids
> >
> > Yup, they were mentioned in Sixliner's instruction sheet.
> >
> > See #1 on this page:
> > http://www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~FOUR-W-D/micromasters.htm
>
> Ah, so he DID have a story. Wonder how I overlooked that. Okay, thanks
> for clearing that up!
>
> ...oh, wait. Now everyone else (or at least Derik) will be antsy to
> know what it says, won't they.
>
> Once again, I've divided up the text into more manageable paragraphs and
> made the occasional change in phrasing or sentence structure for
> readability's sake.
>
> A NEW TRANSFORMER LEGEND BEGINS!!
>
> The Transformers' home world of Seibertron had been exhausted by the
> Great Wars of their past. In the course of the wars, the good
> Transformers, known as the Cybertrons, lost both the Matrix, which was
> the amassment of their wisdom, and their leader, Convoy.

Whoaaah... this is blowing my mind, man. So, the first time
Micromasters ever appeared was Transformers: Victory. This is
consistent with the notion that Convoy was lost or deceased, since he
passed away in Headmasters, and the Matrix was not actively used in
any of the following series, until Convoy returned to his original
mode in G-2.

However, after
> the Great Wars ended, a number of Seiberdroids (Seibertronians without
> the ability to transform) confirmed that Convoy had escaped into outer
> space in combat.

It's interesting that they'd believe this to be true. Convoy's body
was hijacked at some point, taken to the base called Lucifer, and used
to create the Fake Convoy from Battlestars. Perhaps this created the
impression that he escaped into space? But actually, for the Matrix to
be missing, it might have to be in Headmasters after Convoy's death,
since the Matrix actually was lost for a period. At the end of the
series, Hot Rodimus had it.

I'm curious about the designation of "The Great War" in this case. It
must apply mainly to the original series, then? During which Convoy is
active?

They planned to seek out the Matrix and Convoy, both
> to restore their world and for the sake of the Cybertrons.
> Organizing an exploration fleet, they journeyed into space, following
> the traces of the Matrix. During their investigative travels, an
> accident sent a dimensional shockwave washing over the Seiberdroids, and
> they were teleported to a remote area of the galaxy, where they
> crash-landed on the third planet of our solar system. The damage to
> their ship left them with no means to contact or return to Seibertron,
> but the dimensional vibrations also evolved the Seiberdroids so they
> gained the ability to transform. This was the birth of the Transformer Micromasters.
> In rapid succession, the Seiberdroids began transforming into Earthly
> vehicles, but as a side effect of the evolution, evil minds emerged in
> some of them, who evolved into the evil Transformers known as Destrons.
> Gradually, Micromasters were divided into two forces. A new battle
> began between the Destrons, who plotted to conquer the Earth and return
> home to Seibertron, and the Cybertrons, who wanted to co-exist with
> Humanity, set their sights on the cosmos with them, and continue their
> search for the Matrix.

Interesting. So, this is how Micromasters were first created.

-Hydra

Hydra

Feb 21, 2003, 4:17:39 AM2/21/03
Actually, I guess it makes more sense to assume that the loss of
Convoy and the Matrix indicates the 4 million years during which
Convoy lay unconsious under the volcano, whereabouts unknown? I guess
goign to Earth would be considered "escaping into space" if nobody
knew where he was, but is this period really considered to be "after
the Great War?"

Anyway, I put the question out there: just what point in JTF history
might they be referring to?

I think the inclusion of this story is a deliberate link to TF
continuity, and can be rationalized in various ways, so don't just say
it doesn't make sense...

-Hydra

Hydra

Feb 21, 2003, 4:26:37 AM2/21/03
"Douglas W. Dlin" <ap...@texas.net> wrote in message news:<3E5568FC...@texas.net>...
> A NEW TRANSFORMER LEGEND BEGINS!!
>
> The Transformers' home world of Seibertron had been exhausted by the
> Great Wars of their past.

Actually, I think it's most misleading to translate "taisen" as Great
Wars, something that has a specific connotation for Transformers
history. When they're talking about the whole G1 saga, they usually
say "Gureeto uoozu," katakana style. So, I get the impression that
this just means when Convoy was lost in battle in the original series,
crashing to Earth. Otherwise, Continuity gets confusing.

-Hydra

Douglas W. Dlin

Feb 21, 2003, 10:18:58 AM2/21/03
On Feb. 21, 2003, Hydra wrote:

> "Douglas W. Dlin" <ap...@texas.net> wrote in message news:
> <3E5568FC...@texas.net>...
>> A NEW TRANSFORMER LEGEND BEGINS!!
>>
>> The Transformers' home world of Seibertron had been exhausted by the
>> Great Wars of their past.
>
> Actually, I think it's most misleading to translate "taisen" as Great
> Wars, something that has a specific connotation for Transformers
> history. When they're talking about the whole G1 saga, they usually
> say "Gureeto uoozu," katakana style.

I'd considered that, but figured if they'd meant just any war in TF
history, they'd have used "sensoh" instead. Well, it's a judgment call,
to be sure. OTOH, you might look at it as an accurate recreation of the
mindset of the writers for such latter-day historical additions.
Consider the usage of such G1 terminology by the Hasbro team. Were they
writing this, they might indeed have used the term "Great War," even if
it did confuse previous continuity. :-)

However, if you feel it's that off, feel free to de-capitalize the
phrase. I think that'd be the easiest way to compromise on the term's significance.

Derik Smith

Feb 21, 2003, 12:27:47 PM2/21/03
>> The Transformers' home world of Seibertron had been exhausted by the
>> Great Wars of their past. In the course of the wars, the good
>> Transformers, known as the Cybertrons, lost both the Matrix, which was
>> the amassment of their wisdom, and their leader, Convoy.
>
>Whoaaah... this is blowing my mind, man. So, the first time
>Micromasters ever appeared was Transformers: Victory. This is
>consistent with the notion that Convoy was lost or deceased, since he
>passed away in Headmasters, and the Matrix was not actively used in
>any of the following series, until Convoy returned to his original
>mode in G-2.

Did they? The Victory-era micromasters were scaled to be... slightly
smaller than a year 1 Autobot car. Nothing 'micro' about them, or the
inhabitants of planet Micro. 15-20 feet.

http://members.fortunecity.com/mykooltoyz/
(go to the bottom, 'temporary scans,' and click on catalog.)

Now compare the scale of Road Police to the stoplight he's mangling. He's
human-sized, just like the US Micromasters. (Of course, by Zone, the
Micromasters were generally drawn as just under twice Kai's height, maybe 8
feet tall-- including Seawatch, so that falls under the question of
ever-shifting TF scale.)

Re: The Matrix and Convoy... they were lost more or less simultaneously.
(weeks apart anyway) I'd view this just as a recap glossing over concurrent
events.

Sixwing bio:

>The Seiberdroids who were in compressed hibernation still
>remained asleep, not yet given a vehicle into which to evolve.

It sounds here like most of the crew of the crashed ship were protoforms, and
somehow compressed down to save space at that. Whn the Hyper-dinensional
plot-device wave hit, it fixed them at that size, even when they emerged and
reformatted themselves, leaving them as micros.

...and I have a problem resolving that with planet Micro, whose whole
population was Micromasters.

Was micro Hot Rodimus that came with Star Convoy a micromaster? That is
to say- did he represent that Hot Rodimus had eben downsized, or was he
theoreticly the SAME size, and served just to indicate how HUGE Star Convoy
was? (And he WAS Huge, no? Powermaster Optimus Prime in US comercials huge.)
(It's one of the problems for micrtomaster toys- are they micros's, or are
they just micro-toys of regular-sized TF's?)

The Six* sets are clearly micros's. But where do they fit, in continuity?
(With TF's abandoning Earth after every series after Headmasters, there's
altogether too many intermezzo's.)

Re: Seiberdroids- it's nice to finally have a TERM for a TF without an
altmode.

Mark Brown

Feb 21, 2003, 3:32:10 PM2/21/03
"Derik Smith" <regen...@aol.com> wrote in message
*SNIP*

> Re: Seiberdroids- it's nice to finally have a TERM for a TF without
an
> altmode.

We already had one. "Actionmasters." ;)

Mark
"UNIX: An operating system that's missing a member." --Slightly Skewed
Computer Dictionary