ATTer names used on BW

Kil aka Michael McCarthy

Aug 9, 2003, 7:40:10 PM8/9/03
After recently watching my tape of "Nemesis", I've been trying to see if I can
recall all of the net handles of ATTers that were used on Beast Wars.

For those of you more recent arrivals who may not be aware of this, Bob Forward
and Larry DiTillio, story editors on the Beast Wars television show, had some
interaction with the fandom right here on ATT back then, and used several names
from the fandom on the show as "sectors" and "grids" and such.

Without trying to look these up anywhere, here are the ones I can list from
memory:

"He's wacko!" "Not wacko, Wonko! Wonko the Sane!"
-BA and Waspinator, "Dark Designs"

This refers to Ben "Wonko the Sane" Yee, who had the definitive Beast Wars web
page and would go on to be listed in the credits of "The Agenda" as a
consultant.

"Rampage, position yourself in sub-sector Hooks"
-Megatron, "The Agenda" (I think)

Then ATTer HooksX/James Hooks, who now it would seem is exclusive to Allspark.

"Like you had no time for Starbase Rugby?"
-Rampage, "Nemesis"

RugbysStarbase.

"Encoding transmission M Sipher."
-Optimus Primal, "Nemesis"

M "Variable Quote" Sipher.

"Targeting grid 3H, fire!"
-Megatron, "Nemesis"

3H Productions, of BotCon fame.

I don't remember the quotes or the eipsodes, but I'm fairly certain the
following names were also used in some fashion:

"Joona"

Joona I. Palaste, who doesn't seem to be around anymore.

"Scylla"

Scylla, another ATTer of the time who I haven't seen here now.

"Tallories"

A nick used by Jennifer "Bandit" Stevens, one-time hostess of the _phenomenal_
"Beast Wars Anonymous" fanfic archive. On side note, since my return to the
online world, I went looking for this page, but couldn't remeber the title of
it, so doing a Google search on "Jen Bandit fanfic" lead me to her current site
- of Backstreet Boys fanfic. (The BWA stuff having been lost in a computer
calamity of some sort)

Now, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with a young woman creating such a
place, I'm just worried that having accessed it I may now be on some sort of
government watchlist....

Anyways, those're all I can come up with from memory. Also, I beleive "ATT" was
also used (twice?) as an "emergency code" or some such.

Anyone else know if I've missed some?

-Kil
--------
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'the world is a fine place, and worth fighting
for'. I agree with the second part."
-Detective Lt. William Somerset (Morgan Freeman), "Seven"

Scific1258

Aug 9, 2003, 9:13:10 PM8/9/03
You're right about ATT itself being mentioned:

"Computer, activate and run A.T.T. over-ride. I have some special programming
of my own to add."

-Megatron, "Before the Storm"

There is also a mention of a G1 Headmaster Nebulan:

"Sub-Grid Zarak. Tracking."

-This was the maximal computer talking, in "Feral Scream" part 1.

Desperado00

Aug 9, 2003, 9:34:45 PM8/9/03
>After recently watching my tape of "Nemesis", I've been trying to see if I
>can
>recall all of the net handles of ATTers that were used on Beast Wars.

I've gone by Cheetor16, Rattrap81, and Rhinox1981.
-----

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

An egotist is a self-made man who worships his creator.

If we aren't meant to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?

No horse is too dead to beat.

Chris McFeely

Aug 10, 2003, 9:34:48 AM8/10/03
> "Joona"

From "Go With The Flow," when Dinobot reports he's detected a quarry in Grid
Joona.

> "Scylla"

That was in "Nemesis," Part One, when Depth Charge reported: "Pred activity
in Grid Scylla."

> "Tallories"

From "Feral Scream," Part One, when Optimus notes that Silverbolt and
Blackarachnia are "combing Sector Tallories."

Another occurred in "Coming of the Fuzors," Part One, when Cheetor reported
"a blue plate sighting in Tengu sector!"

And also in "Feral Scream," Part One, again, when Optimus reports: "Grid
Darcerin complete."

I don't really know who Tengu and Darcerin are, but I do know the use of the
names is a reference to them. ^^;

Chris

Bill Egerstaffer

Aug 10, 2003, 5:14:00 PM8/10/03
Not to mention that the Starbase Rugby's was referenced to Matt's Warsocki's
"Rugby's Starbase" collectables business. Think this was in "Nemesis"

Bill

"Chris McFeely" <ma...@troy49.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

Doug Dlin

Aug 11, 2003, 7:39:57 PM8/11/03
On Aug. 10, 2003, Chris McFeely wrote:

> Another occurred in "Coming of the Fuzors," Part One, when Cheetor
> reported "a blue plate sighting in Tengu sector!"
>
> And also in "Feral Scream," Part One, again, when Optimus reports:
> "Grid Darcerin complete."
>
> I don't really know who Tengu and Darcerin are, but I do know the use
> of the names is a reference to them. ^^;

Tengu = Rob Gerbracht, long-time fan and co-author of the BotCon
Wreckers comic.

Darcerin = Erin Darcy, another long-time fan and prominent member of
Femmes Unite.

Doug Dlin
apcog at hotmail.com