Beast Wars heads (complaint)

FremontCA

Aug 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/30/97

My vote is in also for more robot heads... I mean.... look at B'Boom....
a robot with a flat top.

Dumb!

Wonko the Sane

Aug 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/30/97

Swap Meet Louie (mvan...@rapidnet.net) wrote:

> My complaint is about BW toys robot mode heads.
> For some reason most of them look like chewed caramels.
> Maybe its just the G1 in me, but I would like to see more
> heads that look similiar to Cheetor's, or Dinobots.

I too would like to see more "robotic" looking faces (Magnaboss'
is great!). However, I do like the "organic" looking ones too. Some
(like Iguanus') are downright creepy! :)
Also, the detail levels on a lot of the heads are actually *very*
nice.

> example of a crappy BW head = Tripredacus

Ah, but line Manterror, Inferno and Tripredacus up and you've got
one happy group! :)

*Name: Benson "Ironfire" Yee *
*a.k.a. Wonko the Sane *
*e-mail: ye...@is2.nyu.edu *
*Check out Wonko's World, it's neat! *
*http://acweb.com/ben/ *
***************************************
"...what sheer ruthlessness, what disregard for
sentient life! I rather like these aliens."
-Megatron "Other Voices"

Star Saber

Aug 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/30/97

>> but some of them do. And I just can't take it anymore!

> Yep. TFs should have robotic heads, not cartoony heads or
>beast-like heads.

According to Hasbro, there's a *reason* behind both the "mutant"
and "organic" heads within the context of their "story". Supposedly,
it'll all start to make sense as each new wave appears. My guess is that
the Transformers are evolving into a biological lifeform...

>> example of a crappy BW head = Tripredacus

What's wrong with Tripredacus?! He looks sooo *COOL*! Sure he has
teeth...so what? He IS part organic...gives em character. :)

> Exactly. The last 2 to have robotic heads were Airrazor and
>Razorclaw. I've heard Magnaboss's head is robotic, but I haven't seen

Magnaboss's head doesn't look robotic either. In all honesty, it looks
more like Vincent from "Beauty & the Beast" or maybe a Sasquatch. If you
don't like *teeth* on a Transformer, how do you feel about *hair*?
Magnaboss's head is partly formed from Prowl's mane and gives the
appearance of a full head of hair (Klingon-style!) and a *beard*!
Airazor's head isn't all that robotic either...however Prowl's head is
VERY robotic...and - except for the mouthplate - bears a striking
resemblance to a head belonging to a certain deceased (according to the
film that is) police car...

-Star Saber

ZAPGUN

Aug 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/31/97

Star Saber wrote:
> ...however Prowl's head is
> VERY robotic...and - except for the mouthplate - bears a striking
> resemblance to a head belonging to a certain deceased (according to the
> film that is) police car...
>
> -Star Saber

I always thought he looked a bit like Primal Bat.
--
"Pepsi will bring your ancestors back from the dead."
-- Pepsi slogan from Taiwan

Eric W. Schwartz

Sep 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/2/97

On Fri, 29 Aug 1997 15:51:33 -0500, Drew C King
<ki...@freenet.msp.mn.us> wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Aug 1997, Swap Meet Louie wrote:
>
> > but some of them do. And I just can't take it anymore!
>
> Yep. TFs should have robotic heads, not cartoony heads or
> beast-like heads.
>

> > example of a crappy BW head = Tripredacus
>

> Exactly. The last 2 to have robotic heads were Airrazor an

> Razorclaw. I've heard Magnaboss's head is robotic, but I haven't
seen

> or got one yet, but my Tripredacus's head is indeed crappy. Teeth,
why
> oh why, do TFs need teeth? And large cartoony teeth at that. No
more
> stinkin' teeth!
>
> > I vote for more Robotic looking heads.
>
> I wish newsgroup posts would be read by companies, but its
probabl
> a dream that won't come true. Robotic heads rule.
>
> Bogusor
> Yep, Tripredacus has a goofy lookin' face. I kinda thought it
looked like Tweety bird's evil twin. Magnaboss's face is more robot
like, with chisled angular parts 'n all. It appears to have been
changed in the production process, because the box art and photos
give him a more human-like face with a nasty sneer that the toy just
doesn't have.

Eric S. (want a goofy TF face? look at the Sharkticon toy! looks like
Twikki! Beedeebeedeebee.)