Bob Forward needs OUR help..possible TF PrimeTime show!!!

HooksX

Feb 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/23/97

This is an emergency. 9-1-1, immediate emergency. What is it about? Well,
where do I start? First off, how many of you would go for a Transformers
series in prime time taking the "Robots in Disguise" concept to the
ULTIMATE level? How many of you would like to see an either
partial-or-FULL CGI Transformers show that is deep, dark, and taking place
on Earth in a series that would take Transformers past the levels Beast
Wars, TFTM, and even the Japanese series have taken it? Well, Y-O-U can
help!! How? Well, I will let Bob and I do the talking:

____

BeastBob1: Personally, I would like to see BW taken to a conclusion and
then a new line developed -- would it not be much cooler if a line of
Transformers that looked human in one mode could be developed, and a "film
noir" show taking place on Earth with Transformers waging a secret war in
our society be developed? The developments in CGI during BW could almost
handle that now. Now THAT would be a cool prime time show...

HooksX: I could imagine it having a STRONG continuity. Wow. Would that
ever be possible?

BeastBob1: Yeah, they could probably do it now. Either live-action/CGI or
pure CGI -- they're getting better at things like group shots and
realistic people and hair. And of course there would be one hell of a toy
market... :)

HooksX: Hey, you know what? Why dont you bring an idea like this to
HasKen? Or maybe even Mainframe/Alliance would be interested in doing a
program like this. It would really up the intrigue and respect for TF, and
that is one hell of an idea.

BeastBob1: Well, I'll mention it. Kind of takes "Robots In Disguise" to
its ultimate limit, doesn't it? Generally they are not receptive to
outside ideas, and there may be all sorts of tech problems that I don't
know about. But TFs cross a full generation now -- the originals came out
when the current adult audience were kids and they will still remember.

HooksX: Actually, it makes the Transformers far more than meets the
eye...it makes them BEYOND IMAGINATION! :) As for tech problems, I see
the Transformers as more than Autobot-Decepticon, Maximal-Predacon. There
could be different forms of Cybertronians running around the galaxy. A few
years ago, I know people would have had a problem with part-organic
Transformers, especially BEASTS, and state tech problems with that. This
idea that you have is a great one.

BeastBob1: Yes, I would see them as yet another refinement, with the BW
TFs as the earlier prototypes. Gee, maybe that's what the Maximal Elders
were planning all along...:) I don't think there would be any problem
with actually doing it -- if someone wants to spend sufficient money. But
there, as always, is the rub.

HooksX: With this idea, I can see Beast Wars slowly evolving
into...what?...Earth Wars? Earth Force? Many ideas can stem from this. The
money made from Beast Wars can be used for the new idea. A lot of
marketing that is used for dead toy ideas can be used for this. I can see
HasKen actually making an event from this (but knowing them, maybe not)

BeastBob1: Ah, the enthusiasm of youth. There is a propensity among execs
to shoot down new ideas on sight. They much prefer repaints, which don't
involve as much thinking and risk. But, as I said, I'll mention it. And
you might want to find out what kind of interest there would be from
people you know. It might help the pitch.

HooksX: Want me to repost this interview on a.t.t. and put it on my Beast
Wars page? I think it will definatly help things. I really have hopes for
this, and even though new ideas get shot down, it is the genesis of these
ideas which bring exciting things to reality. Lucas took a risk with Star
Wars. Roddenberry took a risk with Star Trek. Risks are things that people
need to make, in order for possibilities to occur.

BeastBob1: Yeah, but they were not taking the risk so much as the studio
putting up the money. In this case, remember that these are characters
someone else owns. They, and only they, can say yes. But it would be
fun, wouldn't it? And it feels like something people would really get
excited about if done well. Like nothing ever seen on prime time. So
sure, post this, and let's see if anyone else feels the same.

HooksX: I will be honored to. Man, this feels so exciting. I can almost
feel like I am a part of something big. I really think this idea would be
a great one, that TF Fans and people who know nothing of TF would enjoy.
Amazing. You are simply amazing. :)

BeastBob1: And what I admire about you is your perception, he blushes
modestly. :) Don't get too worked up -- many's the idea never made it
further than this. For now, let us run it up the flagpole and see if
anyone salutes.
HooksX: Well, this flag fly high in the skies of hope, hoping even a
single voice will sing its anthum.

BeastBob1: As long as it's in the exec suite at HasKen.
________

And that's the case. He said that he will bring it up in a meeting this
Friday, where he will also question whether or not Beast Wars will have a
second season, and seriously consider this "Earth/X-Files" Transformers
series to the execs. (He also told me, in addition to this, that a.t.t.
was INDEED honored in Before the Storm, as well as <blush blush> my
"Beyond Imagination" page <with Meggy's speech with Inferno present>)
What does he need from us? Well, support for this idea, basically. There
needs to be a support for a new primetime series involving Transformers.
Imagine marketing ploys, especially toys! This may be in its genesis at
this moment, but it can also bring us greater ambitions beyond Beast Wars,
or even WITH Beast Wars. The Evolution of the Transformers can continue,
and maybe, just maybe, it will take a few of our voices to make it a
reality.
UNTIL ALL ARE MAXIMIZED....
me.
hoo...@aol.com*
Overlord: "How DARE you defy me?"
Grimlock: "Because your breath stink, and you're ugly too."
-"The Return to Hydrous Four", Chapter Six of Transformers: WARS.
Beyond Imagination: http://members.aol.com/hooksx/index.html
Transformers: Wars: http://members.aol.com/hooksx/war.html
Beast Wars News: http://members.aol.com/hooksx/beast.html
See ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: http://members.aol.com/hooksx/me.html
*My sig. is self-promoting, and I don't give a damn.

Jacob Hurtado

Feb 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/23/97

HooksX wrote:

> This is an emergency. 9-1-1, immediate emergency. What is it about? Well,
> where do I start? First off, how many of you would go for a Transformers
> series in prime time taking the "Robots in Disguise" concept to the
> ULTIMATE level? How many of you would like to see an either
> partial-or-FULL CGI Transformers show that is deep, dark, and taking place
> on Earth in a series that would take Transformers past the levels Beast
> Wars, TFTM, and even the Japanese series have taken it? Well, Y-O-U can
> help!! How? Well, I will let Bob and I do the talking:

Yes! Go full steam ahead on the idea! To see TFs in prime time would be just
prime. :)
* The above is not meant to be read without the expressed *
* written consent of Jacob Hurtado and all associated parties. *
* *
* G+++ FR+ FW-- M+ #72 D++ AD++ N+++ WB+++ OQ++ BC MU- OM *

Ron Franks

Feb 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/23/97

go for it great idea.

Orion Pax

Feb 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/24/97

HooksX (hoo...@aol.com) wrote:
: This is an emergency. 9-1-1, immediate emergency. What is it about? Well,

: where do I start? First off, how many of you would go for a Transformers
: series in prime time taking the "Robots in Disguise" concept to the
: ULTIMATE level? How many of you would like to see an either
: partial-or-FULL CGI Transformers show that is deep, dark, and taking place
: on Earth in a series that would take Transformers past the levels Beast
: Wars, TFTM, and even the Japanese series have taken it? Well, Y-O-U can
: help!! How? Well, I will let Bob and I do the talking:
:
I would personally like to start with just ensuring that BW gets
a second season, but this idea is interesting. I think machines
and beast are more marketable because they are things that we
CAN'T become which makes them even more interesting.
I'm still not sure how we are to voice support for the idea?
-=#=-=#=-=#=-=#=-=#=-=#=-=#=-=#=-=#=-=#=-=#=-=#=-=#=-=#=-=#=-=#=
Orion Pax: pr...@enteract.com
TFCode: G++++ FR/FW- M #161 #T251 D+++ ADA N++ W++ B++++ OQ
BC94 BC95 BC96++ MU- OM+ P225 CN:CujoMutt
'All Things Transformers' currently under development at:
http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/3230/index.html
-=#=-=#=-=#=-=#=-=#=-=#=-=#=-=#=-=#=-=#=-=#=-=#=-=#=-=#=-=#=-=#=

Gregg T. Allinson

Feb 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/24/97

HooksX (hoo...@aol.com) wrote:

: BeastBob1: Personally, I would like to see BW taken to a conclusion and

: then a new line developed -- would it not be much cooler if a line of
: Transformers that looked human in one mode could be developed, and a "film
: noir" show taking place on Earth with Transformers waging a secret war in
: our society be developed? The developments in CGI during BW could almost
: handle that now. Now THAT would be a cool prime time show...

Totally. And there is a precedent for humanoid TFs...look at the
Pretenders and Masterforce.

: What does he need from us? Well, support for this idea, basically. There

: needs to be a support for a new primetime series involving Transformers.
: Imagine marketing ploys, especially toys! This may be in its genesis at
: this moment, but it can also bring us greater ambitions beyond Beast Wars,
: or even WITH Beast Wars. The Evolution of the Transformers can continue,
: and maybe, just maybe, it will take a few of our voices to make it a
: reality.

Who should we write concerning this idea? HasKen and Allience/Mainframe?

--
Au Bon Pain!,
Gregg "Dave" Allinson

Rgbystrbse

Feb 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/24/97

Fabulous! count me in!

BeastBob1

Feb 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/24/97

Whoa whoa whoa...

I think I need to emphasize again that this was JUST a blue-sky idea.
Frankly, it has a snowball's chance of even getting to the next step. All
I plan to do is suggest it and forget it. The TFs are HasKen's
characters, I have no intention of putting a lot of effort into the thing
unless they are interested.

But since I strongly suspect they peek in on this newsgroup from time to
time, by discussing it here they may decide to lift the idea for
themselves. Fine by me. Whatever works...

Bob F
Who, After 15 Years And A Couple Of Hundred Scripts, Will Be Remembered
Forever For A Rhinocerous Fart

David Van Domelen

Feb 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/24/97

In article <19970224171...@ladder02.news.aol.com>,

BeastBob1 <beas...@aol.com> wrote:
>Bob F
>Who, After 15 Years And A Couple Of Hundred Scripts, Will Be Remembered
>Forever For A Rhinocerous Fart

Well, to paraphrase Shakespeare, the farts men write live on after them,
while the good is oft interred with their bones. And you know how a fart can
just linger....
Dave Van Domelen, would describe "The Low Road" as a puff piece....

JME5347

Feb 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/24/97

Rgbystrbse wrote:

> Fabulous! count me in!
ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL (almost as wonderful as if i were to get a Mint
Starscream....)

"Me Grimlock Kick butt!"
--Grimlock, From Tf:TM

Unicron2K5

Feb 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/25/97

Great idea Bob. I'll settle for a second season of Beast Wars right now,
but I think you'll find a lot of fan support for a more mainstream
project, if you get that far.

C'mon, second season!

<--------------->
Malin Huffman
unicr...@aol.com
mal...@solgate.com

Ivy Bohnlein

Feb 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/25/97

BeastBob1 (beas...@aol.com) wrote:

: Bob F
: Who, After 15 Years And A Couple Of Hundred Scripts, Will Be Remembered
: Forever For A Rhinocerous Fart

Bwahahahaha!
You're one of us now. No turning back once you start adding the
snide parenthetical comments after your name.

Ivy, who thinks it's cool...

--
===================== bohn...@acmelabs.uhc.asu.edu =====================
"How many times have I been around? Recycled paper is paving the ground.

Matt Kingsley

Feb 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/25/97

Count me in.

--
M. Kingsley
TransFormer Fan code = G++ FR- M- #171 D AD+ N++ W B+ OQ++ TF1--

Rob Mayercik

Feb 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/25/97

In article <5ev543$c02$1...@mhafc.production.compuserve.com>,
75567...@CompuServe.COM says...

Could someone repost whatever information was originally listed about this? I
am interested, but would be more so if I knoew what I was interested in.

Rob

James M. Spencer

Feb 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/25/97

JME5347 wrote:

> Rgbystrbse wrote:
> >
> > Fabulous! count me in!Looks like a great idea to me, too. With the talent that has been shown
in creating Beast Wars (details like slang used by the Transformers means
something to me in terms of showing creative ability) makes me believe
that this would be a great prime time program.

Jeff Hauser *
*Sig Sold Seperately

bw_ratbat

Feb 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/25/97

> This is an emergency. 9-1-1, immediate emergency. What is it about? Well,
>where do I start? First off, how many of you would go for a Transformers
>series in prime time taking the "Robots in Disguise" concept to the
>ULTIMATE level? How many of you would like to see an either
>partial-or-FULL CGI Transformers show that is deep, dark, and taking place
>on Earth in a series that would take Transformers past the levels Beast
>Wars, TFTM, and even the Japanese series have taken it? Well, Y-O-U can
>help!! How? Well, I will let Bob and I do the talking:

>BeastBob1: And what I admire about you is your perception, he blushes

>modestly. :) Don't get too worked up -- many's the idea never made it
>further than this. For now, let us run it up the flagpole and see if
>anyone salutes.
>HooksX: Well, this flag fly high in the skies of hope, hoping even a
>single voice will sing its anthum.
>
>BeastBob1: As long as it's in the exec suite at HasKen.
>________
>
> And that's the case. He said that he will bring it up in a meeting this
>Friday, where he will also question whether or not Beast Wars will have a
>second season, and seriously consider this "Earth/X-Files" Transformers
>series to the execs. (He also told me, in addition to this, that a.t.t.
>was INDEED honored in Before the Storm, as well as <blush blush> my
>"Beyond Imagination" page <with Meggy's speech with Inferno present>)
> What does he need from us? Well, support for this idea, basically. There
>needs to be a support for a new primetime series involving Transformers.
>Imagine marketing ploys, especially toys! This may be in its genesis at
>this moment, but it can also bring us greater ambitions beyond Beast Wars,
>or even WITH Beast Wars. The Evolution of the Transformers can continue,
>and maybe, just maybe, it will take a few of our voices to make it a
>reality.

Well Count me in, sounds like a GREAT idea, 'tis of what I have always
dreamed, live action TF's. All sorts of great stuff you could do to
just imagine Pretenders gone cool. We could have the *Master's come back
with a great story line, just imagine bigger humanoid partners who transform
into cooler stuff, teamed with tradtional TF vehicle partners.

**Imagining a live action-version of God Ginrai, but with it *actually*
being Optimus**

Any Way....YES!

BW RatBat **Who'll take any TF's the market will support, Love's Beast Wars
but wouldn't mind moving into new directions, live-action Prime Time would
definitely earn us some more respect**

Dan Davis

Feb 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/25/97

Good God, if there's going to be a Prime Time show, count me in! Need
any actors? I can learn. . .

Dan Davis
dav...@docker.com

Earlwin

Feb 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/26/97

On 23 Feb 1997 23:39:31 GMT, hoo...@aol.com (HooksX) wrote:

> This is an emergency. 9-1-1, immediate emergency. What is it about? Well,
>where do I start? First off, how many of you would go for a Transformers
>series in prime time taking the "Robots in Disguise" concept to the
>ULTIMATE level? How many of you would like to see an either
>partial-or-FULL CGI Transformers show that is deep, dark, and taking place
>on Earth in a series that would take Transformers past the levels Beast
>Wars, TFTM, and even the Japanese series have taken it? Well, Y-O-U can
>help!! How? Well, I will let Bob and I do the talking:
>
>____
>
>BeastBob1: Personally, I would like to see BW taken to a conclusion and
>then a new line developed -- would it not be much cooler if a line of
>Transformers that looked human in one mode could be developed, and a "film
>noir" show taking place on Earth with Transformers waging a secret war in
>our society be developed? The developments in CGI during BW could almost
>handle that now. Now THAT would be a cool prime time show...

> <SNIP>

Too ambitious. Too expensive. However, Fox Network would probably
jump on this if there's enough interest.

Earlwin

Evan Border

Feb 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/26/97

I'd sell my internal organs if it would further the cause!

-Evan Border

BUBSY

Feb 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/26/97

unicr...@aol.com (Unicron2K5) wrote:

>C'mon, second season!

i'm voting for SEASON #2!!! come on PLEASE!! i love BW too much to
see it die after a single damn season!!! COME ON!! BOB, LARRY, I
LOVE THE SHOW! oh please let it be continued!! have I begged
enough???

IF BEAST WARS GETS CANCELLED I THINK I'M GOING TO SLIT MY WRISTS!
-------------
bu...@ghg.net| "Well, That's Just Prime" -Optimus Primal
-------------- "It's time for the tushie biting! -Blitz
www.ghg.net/bubsy | You Wanna Know Paradise, You Wanna Know Hell?
Wanna drink that cool sweet Nectar better
Take a little Trip around the World Wide Web!

James M. Spencer

Feb 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/26/97

Earlwin wrote:

> On 23 Feb 1997 23:39:31 GMT, hoo...@aol.com (HooksX) wrote:
>
> > This is an emergency. 9-1-1, immediate emergency. What is it about? Well,
> >where do I start? First off, how many of you would go for a Transformers
> >series in prime time taking the "Robots in Disguise" concept to the
> >ULTIMATE level? How many of you would like to see an either
> >partial-or-FULL CGI Transformers show that is deep, dark, and taking place
> >on Earth in a series that would take Transformers past the levels Beast
> >Wars, TFTM, and even the Japanese series have taken it? Well, Y-O-U can
> >help!! How? Well, I will let Bob and I do the talking:
> >
> >____
> >
> >BeastBob1: Personally, I would like to see BW taken to a conclusion and
> >then a new line developed -- would it not be much cooler if a line of
> >Transformers that looked human in one mode could be developed, and a "film
> >noir" show taking place on Earth with Transformers waging a secret war in
> >our society be developed? The developments in CGI during BW could almost
> >handle that now. Now THAT would be a cool prime time show...
> > <SNIP>
>
> Too ambitious. Too expensive. However, Fox Network would probably
> jump on this if there's enough interest.
>
> Earlwin

It might be ambitious (after all, it is TFs in primetime), but it is not
too expensive. The only CGI needed would be the models for the TFs when
they are not in human mode disguise. The rest is actors reacting to
something that they don't see, which they have to do quite a bit anyway
thanks to the state of the art of special effects. And I don't think FOX
would be the only possible one to lob this idea at. With an
X-Files-esque edge of paranoia and having aliens running around (our
favorite TFs) there are other networks that would take this one so that
they can jump on the bandwagon, take a look at NBC.

Lazeric

Feb 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/27/97

Prime Time? Yeah, in more ways than one...!

- L -
"I must stand by what I believe in...."

optimus

Feb 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/27/97

Sounds cool.Count me in.
Optimus

|scientist:The goddess of the mountain is not smiling today.|
|Tom Servo:She's retaining water. |

MltplSanta

Feb 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/27/97

Count me in. Pretenders in live action would look really cool, especially
with CGI robots jumping out of them. I really hope this idea makes it. Oh
yeah, second season of Beast Wars too!

"Isn't sanity really just a one trick pony anyway? You only get one trick, rational thought! But if you're good and crazy then whoa, the sky's the limit!"
-The Tick
Visit the Amazing World of Cheese!
http://members.aol.com/mltplsanta/web/home.html

Count Zero Interrupt

Feb 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/27/97

"All in favour?" asked Starscream.
"AYE!!"
"And against?"
silence.
"The Ayes have it!"

That about says it all...

Ryan :>

"When a spark comes online, there's great joy."

Shockwave

Feb 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/27/97

beas...@aol.com (BeastBob1) wrote:

> Whoa whoa whoa...
>
> I think I need to emphasize again that this was JUST a blue-sky idea.
> Frankly, it has a snowball's chance of even getting to the next step. All
> I plan to do is suggest it and forget it. The TFs are HasKen's
> characters, I have no intention of putting a lot of effort into the thing
> unless they are interested.
>
> But since I strongly suspect they peek in on this newsgroup from time to
> time, by discussing it here they may decide to lift the idea for
> themselves. Fine by me. Whatever works...
>
> Bob F
> Who, After 15 Years And A Couple Of Hundred Scripts, Will Be Remembered
> Forever For A Rhinocerous Fart

Hey I wouldn't mind seeing something of the matter done with putting
TFs on to a prime time slot.

Trish

Dan Davis

Feb 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/27/97

Evan Border wrote:

> I'd sell my internal organs if it would further the cause!
>
> -Evan Border

I don't know about my internal organs, but I'd be willing to sell my
right nut if it would help. . .

By the way, need any actors for the live action parts? I can even learn
to act if I have to!

MSipher

Feb 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/28/97

Damn. I REALLY need to start acting on my ideas sooner. Or maybe I should
just think smaller from time to time... I have this problem with being in
parallel development with people, but getting passed by them on the
Implementation Highway, if you catch my drift.

What Bob has kinda thrown in the air is pretty much the exact same idea
I've been kicking around for well over a year now... a war between the
Autos and Deceps, being secretly waged on "Earth", with members of each
faction disguised as humans. Small groups, I mean. The plan was actually
seven on each side... another parallel with BW, I guess... I started
throwing this together shortly after watching the early Japenese
MASTERFORCE episodes (I LOVE how the Pretenders were portrayed in those),
and had been doodling characters and plot ideas since, but due to having
more self-inflivcted projects on my plate than I can handle at once, it
kinda got pushed back.

(Some folks at the BotCon'96 McDonald's raid saw some sketchies... the
human disguises were based on some of the more prominant members of
a.t.t.... yes, myself included. I'm not above a BIT of ego-stroking...)

O' course, the original plan was a fan-comic, but now I think I'll just
stick with the occasional fanfic story, as it's quicker that way... (By
the by, yes, all the characters who would appear inthis "Pretender War"
storyline WILL have small parts in PHOENIX WAR... Okay, that's my
unwarrented fanfic plug for the month.)

Bob F
Who, After 15 Years And A Couple Of Hundred Scripts, Will Be Remembered
Forever For A Rhinocerous Fart

"Rhinocerous Fart" would make an EXCELLENT band name.

M "Ladies And Gentlemen, Opening For Soul Coughing... RHINOCEROUS FART!!!"
Sipher

Earlwin

Feb 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/28/97

On Tue, 25 Feb 1997 23:02:02 -0600, Dan Davis <DAV...@docker.com>
wrote:

:-D That's a good one!

thew...@aol.com

Mar 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/1/97

Hi there Devestator fans...I posted a article about this a ways back but have not seen it on the board...so here it is again!

1 Does anyone remember the little purple "silencer" for Devestators gun? I believe it came with one of the lower constructicons and simply slid on to the notched gun barrel of his hand gun. Note the slots on the sides of the barrel.

2 I have most of a Diaclone Constructicon set, I also have a catalog picture that shows a totally different head...my question is what does the DIACLONE constructicon set's head look like??? Is it the same as the normal one????

3 Anybody have any ectra Diaclone construcitcons around???

4 Were there any FAKE constructicons?

Thankss!

thew...@aol.com

Mar 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/1/97

Why did they make the Green Megatron tank so much bigger than Laser Optimus prime???

Why did they use the Diaclone color skeme for Swoop and Bluestreak in the show?

Why was Skids never given ONE speaking shot in the toon?

Why doesnt Hasbro use some of these Hero Gia Dam toys for MAchine wars? Referring to all the NEAT Transforming toys I keep finding.

Why are some KB's NOT getting MW's?

Why does Metroplex have the biggest companion, shouldnt it be FT Max's?
6 gun is the tallest companion followed by FTM's, Trypticons and Scorps...

why did they go to all the trouble of making a Mirage toy practically %100 what he looks on the toon and then screw up his paint job with the white head and blue wing?

Why the hell is Megatron a jet?

When will we have a MACHINE WAR happy meal???

Why did they make the second MW minny truck Hubcap and not hoist and trailbreaker???

Why didnt they paint Prowl yellow, slap a decepticon sticker on him and call it Dragstrip? maybe even using a Con Jet head

Doug Dlin

Mar 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/1/97
to thew...@aol.com

On Feb. 28, 1997, thew...@aol.com wrote:

> Hi there Devestator fans...I posted a article about this a ways back
> but have not seen it on the board...so here it is again!
>
> 1 Does anyone remember the little purple "silencer" for Devestators
> gun? I believe it came with one of the lower constructicons and
> simply slid on to the notched gun barrel of his hand gun. Note the
> slots on the sides of the barrel.

?! Wish I had my Devastator gun handy to check. If the barrel portion
comes off, I'm unaware of it. It was all in one piece when I bought it;
I know that much.

> 2 I have most of a Diaclone Constructicon set, I also have a catalog
> picture that shows a totally different head...my question is what
> does the DIACLONE constructicon set's head look like??? Is it the
> same as the normal one????

Also wish I had my Diaclone catalog to check. I know that the Diaclone
construction gestalt head was indeed different from Devastator's, but I
can't describe it from memory. I seem to remember the "helmet" portion
being smoother...

> 3 Anybody have any ectra Diaclone construcitcons around???

Not I.

> 4 Were there any FAKE constructicons?

IIRC, there were several posts here not a month or so ago that mentioned
cheap Constructicon rip-offs available at Big Lots stores. There are
doubtless others...

Doug Dlin
ap...@hotmail.com

Allan Liangco

Mar 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/1/97

I am all for it!!!! Do it!!!! I personally would like something along the
lines of another set of Earth-based Transformers battling it out in and
around Earth. There could B a use for that Pretender idea. TFs that not
only had Robot & vehicle forms, but they could also have some humanoid
forms, or animal forms. Another idea could also have some humanoid
characters operating transformable robots helping Autobots & Decepticons
alike in their battle; something along the lines of Robotech/Macross with
human-controlled mecha. There could also B many references to the G1 TFs,
flashbacks done in CGI style. That would be definately awesome!

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."-Optimus Prime
"With great power comes great responsibility."-Spider-Man
Allan M Liangco <QSB...@prodigy.com>

The Nixtr

Mar 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/1/97

Yes, Yes! YES!
--
The Nixtr *** Transformer Fan ***
Opposite of Pro-Life: Pro-lie!!! - - - - Susan Smith is Pro-choice!!!

Trixter42

Mar 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/2/97

The whole idea would really rock, and if Fox could do that Generation X
live-action movie, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they'd pick it
up, at least as another movie/pilot. Yes, that's it, get Matt Freuer to
play Starscream! Okay, fine, maybe not. Just let me know when casting
starts!

Trixter

Hadji Steve

Mar 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/2/97
to thew...@aol.com

On 1 Mar 1997 thew...@aol.com wrote:

> Why was Skids never given ONE speaking shot in the toon?

Actually, watch Triple Takeover again if you get the chance. As the four
Autobot cars are entering the "Zone Defense", Skids says something... he
sounds kind of like Tony Danza if you ask me. >

___ ___
\ \ / /
\ \ __ / /
__\ \_/__\_/ /__ Stephen Wayne McCargar
| |_[_[--]_]_| | AKA Hadji Steve,
|___||| |__| |||___| Mr. Chompy
/ / | \____/ | \ \ Mechanical Engineer major and loyal
/ / /.\______/.\ \ \ fan of Wheeljack, who just
/___/ / |__|__|__| \ \___\ happens to be a mechanical
|(_)|/ / // \\ \ \|(_)| engineer as well
`---' / // \\ \ `---'
/__// \\__\
| | || || | |
| | || || | |
| \|| ||/ |
| | | | | |
/___/ | | \___\
)___)__| |__(___(

Iggy Drougge

Mar 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/2/97

James M. Spencer (spen...@gate.net) skrev:
:
: It might be ambitious (after all, it is TFs in primetime), but it is not
: too expensive. The only CGI needed would be the models for the TFs when
: they are not in human mode disguise. The rest is actors reacting to
: something that they don't see, which they have to do quite a bit anyway
: thanks to the state of the art of special effects. And I don't think FOX
: would be the only possible one to lob this idea at. With an
: X-Files-esque edge of paranoia and having aliens running around (our
: favorite TFs) there are other networks that would take this one so that
: they can jump on the bandwagon, take a look at NBC.

Why would it even have to be CGI? A man in a TF suit would do just fine.
I'd really like to see a live action TF movie/series, like the MMPR.

--
____ ____ ____ __ ____ ____ ____ __ ____ __ __ ____
/ // . //_ //_// \ / / // _ / /_ \ __ /_ / /_/ / \ / . /

Iggy Drougge

Mar 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/2/97

thew...@aol.com skrev:
: Why did they make the Green Megatron tank so much bigger than Laser Optimus prime???

Tank Megs came much earlier than LOP. Still, he matches PMOP in size.

: Why did they use the Diaclone color skeme for Swoop and Bluestreak in the show?

Perhaps Mister Romita got prototypes or Diaclone versions?

: Why was Skids never given ONE speaking shot in the toon?

Because the cartoon sucked.

: Why doesnt Hasbro use some of these Hero Gia Dam toys for MAchine wars? Referring to all the NEAT Transforming toys I keep finding.

Perhaps they don't own the rights, and perhaps the toys are unfitting, or
expensive to make.

: Why are some KB's NOT getting MW's?

Ehhh...

: Why does Metroplex have the biggest companion, shouldnt it be FT Max's?

: 6 gun is the tallest companion followed by FTM's, Trypticons and Scorps...

It isn't size that counts, it's what yopu do with it...

: why did they go to all the trouble of making a Mirage toy practically %100 what he looks on the toon and then screw up his paint job with the white head and blue wing?

The toy came before the cartoon. Ask Mr Romita.

: Why the hell is Megatron a jet?

Why not? Why the hell am I a human? =(

: When will we have a MACHINE WAR happy meal???

When will we have a Machine Wars TV series? When will Furman write the
comic?

: Why did they make the second MW minny truck Hubcap and not hoist and trailbreaker???

Because they have no sense of continuity.

: Why didnt they paint Prowl yellow, slap a decepticon sticker on him and call it Dragstrip? maybe even using a Con Jet head

Because they have no sense of continuity whatsoever. Idiots.

--
__/\________________ __ ______ _____________________________
\/ /_ /\__ /\_ _// // //\ /\ / ____________________________\

Dan Davis

Mar 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/2/97

> Why would it even have to be CGI? A man in a TF suit would do just fine.
> I'd really like to see a live action TF movie/series, like the MMPR.
>
> --
> ____ ____ ____ __ ____ ____ ____ __ ____ __ __ ____
> / // . //_ //_// \ / / // _ / /_ \ __ /_ / /_/ / \ / . /
> / / // __/ / // // / / // / //\ \/ __/ / \/ / __/ / / / / / / __/
> /___//_/ /_//_//_/_/_/ \__//___/ /___/ /___/ /_/ /_/_/ /___/

Like the MMPR? I don't know. . . I may be a big TF fan, but if this
new show was done with a bunch of bad actors in horrible-looking, fake
rubber-and-plastic suits, I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't want to watch
it - even if it *is* TF.

Dan Davis
dav...@docker.com

James M. Spencer

Mar 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/2/97

Iggy Drougge wrote:

> James M. Spencer (spen...@gate.net) skrev:
> :
> : It might be ambitious (after all, it is TFs in primetime), but it is not
> : too expensive. The only CGI needed would be the models for the TFs when
> : they are not in human mode disguise. The rest is actors reacting to
> : something that they don't see, which they have to do quite a bit anyway
> : thanks to the state of the art of special effects. And I don't think FOX
> : would be the only possible one to lob this idea at. With an
> : X-Files-esque edge of paranoia and having aliens running around (our
> : favorite TFs) there are other networks that would take this one so that
> : they can jump on the bandwagon, take a look at NBC.
>
> Why would it even have to be CGI? A man in a TF suit would do just fine.
> I'd really like to see a live action TF movie/series, like the MMPR.

Please re-read what I typed previously. It would be almost entirely
live-action, the only CGI-sequence would be when the Transformers convert
to their non-human modes. The alternate mode would be CGI-rendered and
put in over the live-action actor.

Dark Helmet

Mar 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/3/97

beas...@aol.com (BeastBob1) wrote:

>Bob F
>Who, After 15 Years And A Couple Of Hundred Scripts, Will Be Remembered
>Forever For A Rhinocerous Fart

ABSOLUTELY...the funniest .sig file I've ever seen....

Thanks for the laugh, Bob...

Dark Helmet
DH:How many a$$holes we got on this ship, anyhow?
Everyone:YO!
DH:I knew it, I'm surrounded by a$$holes!!

Trixter42

Mar 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/3/97

The Weeter (thew...@aol.com) asked:

>Why was Skids never given ONE speaking shot in the toon?

Actually, he did have one line. In the episode "Quest for Survival", he
said, "Robotic insecticide?" His voice sounded suspiciously like Red
Alert's.

Trixter

VictryLeo

Mar 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/3/97

Personally, I feel like a live action TF show isn't needed. I'd rather see
the effort be put into a G1 revisit show. I praise Bob for the idea, but
logically it won't succeed. How many sci-fi shows actually do succeed
today that don't have trek stamped on it? Prime time would put it against
what? One of the big network's sitcoms? Saturday or Sunday night?
Batman:TAS series failed at prime time. That and I really don't like the
idea of TF turning into humans. Gee, remember how well Pretenders did...

Matt Fanter

Unicron2K5

Mar 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/3/97

//Why would it even have to be CGI?//

No. It NEEDS CGI. Just as Babylon 5 would not be where it is without the
technology and affordability of CGI to let them show WHATEVER they want,
such a TF show would look like garbage in the style of MMPR. I wouldn't
want it to copy anything, especially something as trashy as that. Just
like Beast Wars, if this show ever materialized, it would have to be so
new, unique, novel, and mindblowing that it would suck in the casual
non-fan viewer.

MicroZone

Mar 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/3/97

> Personally, I feel like a live action TF show isn't needed. I'd rather
see
> the effort be put into a G1 revisit show.

Been there. Done that. TWICE! The cartoons and the REAL continuity from
the comics. No need to do it again except as a major motion picture.

> I praise Bob for the idea, but logically it won't succeed.

Explain this.

> How many sci-fi shows actually do succeed
> today that don't have trek stamped on it?

Star Trek: X-Files; Star Trek: Babylon 5, Star Trek: Sliders.
Yep. Gotta agree here. NOT!!

> Prime time would put it against what? One of the big
> network's sitcoms? Saturday or Sunday night?

Or Friday's at 8pm. Hell, even Sliders does well there. Assuming it's a
network show. It could be syndicated like Highlander or B5. That leaves
the arena WIIIIIIDDDDEEE open.

> Batman:TAS series failed at prime time.

Because of (1) 99% reruns from the weekday show. Hell, I didn't watch it
on Sundays.. I'd seen 'em twelve times already! plus (2) Fox didn't
advertise it very much.

> That and I really don't like the idea of TF turning into
> humans. Gee, remember how well Pretenders did...

Which is the REAL reason why you don't think it'd work. Bias.

Personally I'd like to see it, as long as Bob & Larry (or even Simon) are
on it somehow. Hey, remember how Simon made those crappo-Action Masters
seem cool? Nuff said stubbies!!!

MicroZ

upan...@aol.com

Mar 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/3/97

Nice idea!!
If done properly, it will be one storming success.

--
Andrew Crane
-*Transmasters UK*-

Robert A. Jung

Mar 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/4/97

In article <331a452e...@news.rmond.mindspring.com> dhe...@richcom.com writes:
>beas...@aol.com (BeastBob1) wrote:
>>Bob F
>>Who, After 15 Years And A Couple Of Hundred Scripts, Will Be Remembered
>>Forever For A Rhinocerous Fart
>

>ABSOLUTELY...the funniest .sig file I've ever seen....

Well, it beats being remembered for, "And let it be called ... BEAST WARS!"

--R.J.
B-)

"I write because I am personally amused by what I do, and if other people are
amused by it, then it's fine. If they're not, then that's also fine."
Send mail to rj...@netcom.com --Frank Zappa
------- Visit Rob on the web! ------ http://www.digiserve.com/eescape/ -------

VictryLeo

Mar 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/4/97

:: I praise Bob for the idea, but logically it won't succeed.

:Explain this.

Um, I did in the rest of my post...

:: How many sci-fi shows actually do succeed

:: today that don't have trek stamped on it?

:Star Trek: X-Files; Star Trek: Babylon 5, Star Trek: Sliders.
:Yep. Gotta agree here. NOT!!

Wow, three shows. How many are actually shown on TV now? Least a dozen.
How many are doing well. Those few above. And Sliders isn't good unless
you like a season of ideas ripped off from movies.

:: Prime time would put it against what? One of the big

:: network's sitcoms? Saturday or Sunday night?

:Or Friday's at 8pm. Hell, even Sliders does well there. Assuming it's a
:network show. It could be syndicated like Highlander or B5. That leaves
:the arena WIIIIIIDDDDEEE open.

Ok, that's true. Syndication will depend on how well it does. But hope Foz
doesn't get it because their PR department sucks. Remember how well Dr.
Who was pushed? Barely...

:: Batman:TAS series failed at prime time.

:Because of (1) 99% reruns from the weekday show. Hell, I didn't watch it
:on Sundays.. I'd seen 'em twelve times already! plus (2) Fox didn't
:advertise it very much.

The first PrimeTime episode was "Robin's Reckoning" which was new at the
time. Fox has a tendency to not advertise new programs. (see above)

:: That and I really don't like the idea of TF turning into

:: humans. Gee, remember how well Pretenders did...

:Which is the REAL reason why you don't think it'd work. Bias.

Partly. I just don't see why they couldn't do a regular G1 like show. You
have a car drive around talking and CGI of it as a robot and transforming.
If they are gonna be CGI robots anyways, why not have them be G1. And car
shows do work (Nightrider, Viper).

Matt Fanter

Gregg T. Allinson

Mar 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/4/97

MicroZone (micr...@aol.com) wrote:
: > How many sci-fi shows actually do succeed
: > today that don't have trek stamped on it?

: Star Trek: X-Files; Star Trek: Babylon 5, Star Trek: Sliders.
: Yep. Gotta agree here. NOT!!

Babylon 5 is constantly battling to stay on the air. Sliders is on the verge
of cancellation.

: > Prime time would put it against what? One of the big
: > network's sitcoms? Saturday or Sunday night?

: Or Friday's at 8pm. Hell, even Sliders does well there.

Not really. It's doing pretty lousy. It was doing well for a while, but
all indications I've heard is that Sliders is in very serious danger of
dying off this season.

: Assuming it's a

: network show. It could be syndicated like Highlander or B5. That leaves
: the arena WIIIIIIDDDDEEE open.

I sincerely doubt it. The syndicated market is pretty clogged right now.
I know that after the Doctor Who TV-Movie's poor ratings on Fox, people
suggested reviving the series as a syndicated show, but the idea was
vetoed 'cause the syndicated market is so damn crowded. And you've also
got to remember that WB and UPN are around now...sure, they're not major
networks and most of their affiliates show a ton of syndicated
programming, but these stations don't have as much time as they used to
for syndicated shows.

: > That and I really don't like the idea of TF turning into
: > humans. Gee, remember how well Pretenders did...

: Which is the REAL reason why you don't think it'd work. Bias.

Perhaps, perhaps not. Me and Matt discussed this the other night, and
while I personally accept the idea of "Human Transformers" and think that
in the hands of Bob Forward such a concept could be really vibrant and
exciting yet still remain faithful to the Transformers mythology, Matt
raises some valid concerns. Sci-fi generally doesn't do that well on
TV-for every Babylon 5, there's a Space: Above and Beyond, SeaQuest, and
Time Trax-and the syndicated market is getting smaller and smaller all the
time. I wouldn't rule out the series being broadcast on Fox, WB, or UPN,
or perhaps even a cable channel, though.

--
Au Bon Pain!,
Gregg "Dave" Allinson

bw_ratbat

Mar 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/10/97

>Partly. I just don't see why they couldn't do a regular G1 like show. You
>have a car drive around talking and CGI of it as a robot and transforming.
>If they are gonna be CGI robots anyways, why not have them be G1. And car
>shows do work (Nightrider, Viper).

We want an adult audience here, THAT was like the whole idea, open TF's
up to a wider market. And the show I keep envisioning is Human TF's
changing into robots 9Maybe robotic animals and stuff too) paired with
Vehicles that also transform. HasKen OWNS the TF's and they're clearly
interested in bringing back vehicle-form TF's as well as biological ones
so the two together makes mondo sense :)

BW RatBat **Who REALLY hopes this idea succeeds, and who, for the record,
loves Sliders, at least since they brought it back, this first season
just didn't appeal**

Optimus Prime

Mar 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/11/97

Did u not see what starscream and unicron looked like in cgi. Geez, i
am lucky they didn't remain with the cars and trucks
He looked like a cylinder not starscream.

Mighty MegaBee

Mar 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/13/97

Optimus Prime <Opt...@sk.sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Did u not see what starscream and unicron looked like in cgi. Geez, i
> am lucky they didn't remain with the cars and trucks
> He looked like a cylinder not starscream.

They used a less sophisticated, though still nice, model for Starscream
since he didn't have to move much or talk. I don't know where the heck you
saw a cylinder. Maybe it was the same place your grammar, punctuation, and
capitalization went?
----
H. Jameel al Khafiz, Physicist-At-Large
"Are you threatening me? I WILL NEVER DIE!" --Beavis
"Waspinator wants to fight NOW!" --Waspinator
The Happy Fun Page --> http://www.dhp.com/~spectre

thew...@aol.com

Mar 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/14/97

In article <332613...@sk.sympatico.ca>, Optimus Prime <Opt...@sk.sympatico.ca> writes:

>Did u not see what starscream and unicron looked like in cgi. Geez, i
>am lucky they didn't remain with the cars and trucks
>He looked like a cylinder not starscream.

they are NOT going to invest a lot of time and $$$ for a split seconf view of Starscream who will not be seen again for probably the year it will take to test the toy line, work on scripts and costs and art then meybe we'll see Screamer again but not like this!