Botcon Europe Info

Doc Holliday

Sep 22, 2002, 1:24:44 AM9/22/02

http://botcon.com/europe/BotConEurope2.htm

$26 for registration & toy exclusive, twice that to get the T shirt &
exclusive print.

The toy is $7.81 (5 pounds). That is $4.19 cheaper than the
preregistrant charge for Glyph. I don't remember a charge for TapOut
as part of preregistration, it was a flat registration fee if I recall

So we could be talking about another keychain repaint at best, maybe a
PVC or a group of minicons. At first I thought that it would be mailed
to the pregregisers, but then I came to my senses. If they did that, a
ton of people would register specifically to get the figure & most
would not show up, which would have been the wrong side of the donkey.

Chris R Leazer

Sep 22, 2002, 4:09:56 AM9/22/02
Doc Holliday <docho...@REMOVESPAMMERSSUCKDONKEYBALLScox-internet.com>
wrote in message news:cikqou4hcq7flhg00...@4ax.com...

> http://botcon.com/europe/BotConEurope2.htm
>
> $26 for registration & toy exclusive, twice that to get the T shirt &
> exclusive print.
>
> The toy is $7.81 (5 pounds). That is $4.19 cheaper than the
> preregistrant charge for Glyph. I don't remember a charge for TapOut
> as part of preregistration, it was a flat registration fee if I recall
>
> So we could be talking about another keychain repaint at best, maybe a
> PVC or a group of minicons.

The news about the toy is good.
Its small and affordable.
It shouldn't be to expensive to ship overseas.
Its nice that people are allowed to get 4 of the toy.

SUGGESTION TO ALL BOTCON EUROPE ATTENDEES:
Buy as many of these toys as you can.
Buy 4 and then go to the back of the line
and buy another 4 (if and when they let you)!
You will be able to sell them all to people on ebay. (at decent profit,
surely)
Or you could be kind and offer them to all of us friendly folk here on att.

The toy is so cheap that there are only a few things it could be.
It could be one of the 4 keychains. It might be a pvc (i doubt it, though).
It might be a minicon. It won't be a group of Minicons, because
the price is too low. It probably won't be a Minicon, because
they are too new. I hope its a new Spychanger.
It would be cool to see Scourge repainted into Optimus.
Oh well, we won't have to wait long to find out.
November 3rd is coming up fast!
One cool thing about BotconEurope is that the first issue
of The War Within will have already been released, so you can give
Simon lots of specific feedback on it.

One more thing for Botconeurope attendees:
Some people will want to buy the print from you also.
And if there is an exclusive comic book at this Botcon, buy
at least fifty! Those are even more popular than the toys!

--

-cleazer
"Sky-Byte, that's me!"

Retardomontalban

Sep 22, 2002, 5:33:33 AM9/22/02
>From: "Chris R Leazer"

>SUGGESTION TO ALL BOTCON EUROPE ATTENDEES:

>Buy as many of these toys as you can.

>Buy 4 and then go to the back of the line
>and buy another 4 (if and when they let you)!

>You will be able to sell them all to people on ebay. (at decent profit,
>surely)

Scalper!! Scum!! Indecent Retard!!

.....Oh.....Wait....I almost sounded like the moral majority on this NG who
have yet to find a GOOD JOB and incessantly bitch that " these bastards are
driving up the prices on the toys I want, but I refuse to pay more than $5.10
Canadian for it!"
.
.Retardomontalban
Lifeguard of the gene pool

Thomas Hamann

Sep 22, 2002, 2:11:34 PM9/22/02
"Chris R Leazer" <CLE...@prodigy.net> pulled out a fish, that, weird

enough ('cause everyone knows fish don't talk), said:
>Doc Holliday <docho...@REMOVESPAMMERSSUCKDONKEYBALLScox-internet.com>
>wrote in message news:cikqou4hcq7flhg00...@4ax.com...
<snip>

>SUGGESTION TO ALL BOTCON EUROPE ATTENDEES:
>Buy as many of these toys as you can.
>Buy 4 and then go to the back of the line
>and buy another 4 (if and when they let you)!
>You will be able to sell them all to people on ebay. (at decent profit,
>surely)
>Or you could be kind and offer them to all of us friendly folk here on att.

Yeah, let's all behave like the worst type of scalper there is...

</cynism>
--
Thomas Hamann
ZIB Moderator & Zoidfans Web Board Administrator

The Phazer

Sep 22, 2002, 3:13:31 PM9/22/02
"Chris R Leazer" <CLE...@prodigy.net> wrote in message news:<oVej9.268$rp6...@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com>...

Mine are all already promised out at cost, but I know my long
suffering girlfriend is been dragged along, and I suspect she'll want
to recoup her train fare... But I don't think some of the scalping
that does happen with the US Botcon toys is that likely.

Phazer