E-Hobby TF Joint Force: The Full Story Revealed!

Doug Dlin

Jun 14, 2005, 10:53:26 PM6/14/05
And while I'm on the subject of e-Hobby TF exclusive bios, it looks
they're just not going to get around to posting any further English
translation beyond the general toy descriptions for this set:
http://www.e-hobby.co.jp/cgi-bin/omc?&port=33301&req=PRODUCT&ett=20050302042156968366000000&parentpage=24527&hier=20991231010101000000000004
or
http://makeashorterlink.com/?L2F61234B

That's the TF Joint Force, a duo comprised of Perceptor recolor
Magnificus and Microman 2004 recolor Ga'mede. Herewith for your
entertainment and edification is the full text on this misfit pair:

Comments:
For this team mixing a Decepticon outcast with a humanoid alien warrior,
the robot reproduces the color scheme of its MicroChange Series version,
while the Microman figure is done up in an original coloring design.
Together, they make a two-piece set consisting of "Magnificus," who
transforms into a battle chariot and a microscope-shaped tech bay, and
the original character "Ga'mede," which uses a "Microman 2004" body with
30 points of articulation.

Decepticon/Joint Force MAGNIFICUS & GA'MEDE
A crossover team of a former Decepticon military consul and a humanoid
alien warrior. Kindred souls connected by bonds forged on the
battlefield, they continue their war of vengeance on the Decepticon
command staff who ensnared Magnificus. In this way, Magnificus hopes he
may expunge the resentment he feels for the unjust tactics by which he
was chased out of his position.

[Card text]

Decepticon/MAGNIFICUS & GA'MEDE

Status...Outcast (Magnificus) Transformation...Battle Chariot/Tech Bay
Function...Volunteer Soldier (Ga'mede)

Once the Military Consul for the Decepticon domain of Mebion, Magnificus
was framed and convicted thanks to a crafty trap set by Decepticon
command staff who were jealous of his position. He was ousted and sent
to be a pit-fighting robot in a remote region of space. His partner
Ga'mede was a member of the royal family of Xeptos, a planet existing a
subatomic inner space, but just as he was to be executed over a family
dispute, he was rescued into the macroverse thanks to Magnificus'
matter-enlarging scope. The two were bonded almost immediately by
implicit trust owing to their similar circumstances, and have crossed
numerous battlefields and parts of the underworld together. Their
travels have gained them a suitable stock of wealth and armaments, with
which they carry out a campaign of heartless revenge on the traitors who
brought Magnificus low.

Weapons...Zero-Point Cannon, Ion Rifle, Speargun (Magnificus)
Weapons...Pulsar Rifle, Magno-Gun, High-Frequency Machete (Ga'mede)

(The Pulsar Rifle is borrowed from the Microman background material.)

STR...10
INT...10
SPD...5
END...10
TWK...8
CRG...10
FRP...10
SKL...10
TOT...73

(Magnificus' individual rank stat is 0.)

Doug Dlin
apcog at hotmail.com

Grebo

Jun 15, 2005, 12:27:27 AM6/15/05
I find it highly amusing that Ga'mede's backstory implies that he's
from the Microverse -- America's version of "Micro-Earth," as it were.
I gather his name is supposed to sound like a contraction of Ganymede?

Grebo!

Doug Dlin

Jun 16, 2005, 12:01:40 AM6/16/05

Correct on both counts. I'm not sure why he got that name in
particular, as I don't recall any other Micromen/Micronauts being named
for Solar system satellites, but there you have it.