The "Dark Glass" Petition Update

Zobovor

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99
The petition... seems to have failed.

I've contacted Hasbro over a dozen times, each time with a larger number of
signatures, but to no avail.  It seems that despite the global fan interest in
seeing the script, it will never be seen by us.  I never expected the petition
would generate so many responses, and I wish to thank each and every one of you
for showing your support.

As of September 20, 1999, the petition has been signed by 535 people.

ZobTrivia of the Day (9/20): Which four Decepticons demonstrated unusual speech
mannerisms in the cartoon?

Answer (9/19): All told, there have been twelve TF catoon series between the
U.S. and Japan.

http://members.aol.com/zobovor/index.html

Heroic Autobot

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99
hey Zobovor, did you go to this years Botcon?
Funkatron101
-"What does not destroy me makes me strong...
what attempts to destroy me shall be funked on."

Brian Mays

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99

Could you tell me what "Dark Glass" is...I seem to have missed it.

Thanks,
Brian Mays

Zobovor

Sep 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/21/99
>hey Zobovor, did you go to this years Botcon?

Nope. Not that I didn't want to... :)

Heroic Autobot

Sep 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/21/99
>>hey Zobovor, did you go to this years Botcon?
>
>Nope. Not that I didn't want to... :)

Well, we asked the Mainframe rep about the episode that never aired and he said
there wasn't even a script for it, it was just a working idea that never got to
a script.

Brian Stockslager

Sep 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/21/99
Zobovor wrote:

> ZobTrivia of the Day (9/20): Which four Decepticons demonstrated unusual speech
> mannerisms in the cartoon?

Shrapnel (obviously)
Ramjet (strange inflections in his speaking)
Headstrong (snorting in his speaking)
Breakdown (always sounded like someone was shaking him as he spoke)
Sinnertwin (has two different voices, one for each head)

OK, so that's five. I'm probably missing some others that there are...

Stocky

Joona I Palaste

Sep 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/21/99
Brian Mays <bma...@swbell.net> scribbled the following:

: Could you tell me what "Dark Glass" is...I seem to have missed it.

A 3rd season Beast Wars episode that was supposed to be scripted and
aired, but never got past the first draft. The Hasbro execs told the
writer (Christy Marx) that it was "too dark" for the wee 'uns.
The exists no official "Dark Glass" script, and not one byte of CGI
animation of it. All we have got is a brief outline from Larry Ditillio,
which he posted to me and I posted to the group.
Here's very briefly what would have happened in "Dark Glass":
Rattrap finds some unknown datatracks in the Axalon's computer. These
turn out to be the old Dinobot's personality. Rattrap wants to put it
back into Dinobot. Rhinox says no, that's too risky, but Rattrap goes
ahead and does it. However, the transition is not 100% successful. The
new Dinobot (Predacon zombie) is still present, and tries to reclaim
the Dinobot body from the old Dinobot (Maximal). This results in an
internal struggle, which the old Dinobot loses, and commits honourful
suicide.
At least, that's how I remember it. There might be some things I
forgot, or remembered wrong. Ask Larry Ditillio at diti...@aol.com
if you need further clarification.

--
/-- Joona Palaste (pal...@cc.helsinki.fi) ---------------------------\
| Kingpriest of "The Flying Lemon Tree" G++ FR FW+ M- #80 D+ ADA N+++ |

SILVERBOLT - Mr. Vertigo himself

Sep 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/21/99
Zobovor wrote:

> The petition... seems to have failed.
>
> I've contacted Hasbro over a dozen times, each time with a larger number of
> signatures, but to no avail. It seems that despite the global fan interest in
> seeing the script, it will never be seen by us. I never expected the petition
> would generate so many responses, and I wish to thank each and every one of you
> for showing your support.

You're more than welcome - just a shame it hasn't worked out yet.

> As of September 20, 1999, the petition has been signed by 535 people.

That's not bad at all - have you any plans to keep petitioning, or
have you decided to throw in the towel altogether? After a dozen
attempts, I can definitely understand that you would.

> ZobTrivia of the Day (9/20): Which four Decepticons demonstrated unusual speech
> mannerisms in the cartoon?

Well, that's a question that's kinda open to interpretation, since the whole
Terrorcon team could apply, for example, but here goes:

1 There was Shrapnel, with his repeated syllables-ables at the end
of each sentence-entence.
2 There was Soundwave, with his melodic, telegraphic flange speech
3 There was Mixmaster's stutter ("Auto-Auto-Autobots"), but that's
really a bit of a stretch, since it only occurred in one episode, "City
of Steel".
4 Perhaps another stretch, but there was also Reflector, who spoke
in a triple-layered voice. One might debate whether it was the main
part of him or all three camera components talking, but I *think*
it was the main part that held the core of his sentience.
--
Rikard Bakke
Swo...@xoommail.com

The Cybertron Chronicle
http://members.xoom.com/Swoop73/

Transformers Fan Code
G++ FR FW+ #66 D+ AA+ N++ W++ B++ OQP BC98++ BC99++ CN+++ OM+

SILVERBOLT - Mr. Vertigo himself

Sep 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/21/99
SILVERBOLT - Mr. Vertigo himself wrote:

> > As of September 20, 1999, the petition has been signed by 535 people.
>
> That's not bad at all - have you any plans to keep petitioning, or
> have you decided to throw in the towel altogether? After a dozen
> attempts, I can definitely understand that you would.

Never mind this question - I just saw on your page that you've
removed the petition...

Cor507

Sep 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/21/99
They actually wrote a script for that? I thought it was just an idea they put
together that got rejected.

David Cousens

Sep 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/21/99
Okay Zob, time for plan B: Letter Bombs!!!!!

Dave
(The Original) Chaos Bringer

Zobovor

Sep 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/22/99
Heroic Autobot wrote:

>Well, we asked the Mainframe rep about the episode that never
>aired and he said there wasn't even a script for it, it was just a
>working idea that never got to a script.

Well, I've been in correspondence with Christy Marx, and she assures me that
there *is* a script, but t's only the first draft. She's got a copy of it, but
since it's the property of Hasbro and they've ordered her not to disseminate
it, she told me it's not worth her time and effort to fight them on it. Sigh.
:(

ZobTrivia of the Day (9/21): What changes were made to Motormaster's physical
appearance when he was rebuilt into a Stunticon?

Answer (9/20): Rumble, Soundwave, Mixmaster, Breakdown, and Shrapnel all had
unusual speech patterns in the show.