New series: "Transformers Heroes"

1 view

Grebo

Dec 15, 2005, 4:50:43 PM12/15/05
Hey all,

I don't know if this has been announced or anything yet, but I just got
a peek at Cartoon Network's 2006 schedule. Looks like, in the fall,
they're gonna air a series called "Transformers Heroes". I assume this
is the next series in the line -- the one that's supposed to be a more
G1-ish style show? Maybe this is a working title and maybe its final. I
have no idea. But, just in case, thought I'd throw it out there.

Grebo!

Chad Rushing

Dec 15, 2005, 5:54:06 PM12/15/05
Is there any chance that it is just the second half of CYBERTRON
marketed with a different name? It seems that the second half of some
of the recent TF toylines have been given a unique name like "Battle
for the Spark" or "The Unicron Battles" and actually had the packaging
colors changed as a result.

- Chad
who never cared for that red/orange, late ENERGON packaging

Steve-o Stonebraker

Dec 15, 2005, 10:51:12 PM12/15/05
On 15 Dec 2005 13:50:43 -0800, Grebo wrote:
> I don't know if this has been announced or anything yet, but I just got
> a peek at Cartoon Network's 2006 schedule. Looks like, in the fall,
> they're gonna air a series called "Transformers Heroes".

It seems really implausible to me that there could be any Transformers
show on CN in the fall aside from Cybertron... Where/how did you see this
schedule? Are you sure it's legitimate and not in error?

--Steve-o
--
Steve Stonebraker (sst...@gmail.com) Physicist and All-Around Geek
www.physics.ohio-state.edu/~sstoneb/ AIM: srstoneb Y!IM: sstoneb

Xgriml...@aol.com

Dec 16, 2005, 12:38:46 AM12/16/05
interesting thanks for the info. hopefully it comes to pass

ric...@univali.br

Dec 16, 2005, 6:02:44 AM12/16/05
Not so implausible... isn't Cybertron halfway through already? A fall
schedule for a new series would work.

Aaron F. Bourque

Dec 16, 2005, 9:20:30 AM12/16/05
Xgriml...@aol.com wrote:
> interesting thanks for the info. hopefully it comes to pass

::looks at Google groups, where Deathy's comment is a reply to
Steve-o's, which questions the validity of the information under
discussion::

I hate you.

Aaron "The Mad Whitaker" Bourque

Steve-o Stonebraker

Dec 16, 2005, 11:48:37 AM12/16/05
On 16 Dec 2005 03:02:44 -0800, ric...@univali.br wrote:
> Not so implausible... isn't Cybertron halfway through already? A fall
> schedule for a new series would work.

I would be a little surprised if Cybertron had not finished airing by
fall, yes. So I don't really think "Heroes" could be the first-run of
second half of Cybertron (with a subtitle like the last few lines have
had). Cybertron repeats could certainly still be on the in fall, though.

Hasbro reps said at BotCon that there is no full-fledged line in the works
until the movie comes out. Between Cybertron and the movie line is a
gap-filler, presumably consisting of the new-mold G1 characters like the
Starscream and Megatron that we saw pictures of at the convention. It
seems very unlikely to me that Hasbro would fund an all-new TV series to
support that line, although I would be happy to be proven wrong on that.

Much more likely than a new show, IMO -- assuming that the schedule is
even correct -- is that this "Heroes" series is repeats of some previous
TF show with a new title. Possibly something from the Unicron Trilogy, or
possibly repackaged G1 episodes (which *could* support the filler line).
Even that would surprise me, though.

Pyre

Dec 16, 2005, 2:36:01 PM12/16/05
Steve-o Stonebraker wrote:

> Much more likely than a new show, IMO -- assuming that the schedule is
> even correct -- is that this "Heroes" series is repeats of some previous
> TF show with a new title. Possibly something from the Unicron Trilogy, or
> possibly repackaged G1 episodes (which *could* support the filler line).
> Even that would surprise me, though.

That would be my guess. Just as long as we don't have to suffer through
that space cube again. :-P I'm thinking this is probably the TF
equivalent to Power Rangers Generations.

--
Pyre - py...@pyresdomain.net
http://www.pyresdomain.net/

Xgriml...@aol.com

Dec 16, 2005, 9:50:27 PM12/16/05
I just realized didn't the hasbro guys at botcon 05 say: "no cartoon
for the G-1 Revisted line of toys."

IMO,At the very least do 3 episodes for the filler line/G-1 revisted.
similar to what Takara did for the robotmasters toys in Japan. Similar
to those singular DVD movies Hasbro did for G.I Joe a few years ago.

Dear God,please no freaking puppet power master prime or that God awful
Cybertron space cube that the G-2 cartoon had.

At the very least just re-release the seasons 1-3 in regular format.
perhaps borrow the tapes from rhino/pioneer or whoever sold those old
1984-1986 episodes on DVD a few years ago.

Xgriml...@aol.com

Dec 16, 2005, 9:56:07 PM12/16/05
GEEZ,If Hasbro's budget can't afford to give the TF G-1 Revisted/filler
line a cartoon series.

AT THE VERY FREAKING LEAST,Have IDW Comics do a few volumes based on
the TF G-1 Revisted/Filler toy designs+story line. you know sort of
like what Hasbro told Marvel to do with the G-2 Comic book issues that
had 12 issues in total.

Heck perhaps Hasbro could include TF G-1 Revisted new cartoons inside
the toys. every new wave could include a newer cartoon episode. similar
to what Takara did for robotmasters & what Hasbro did for G.I Joe.

Aaron F. Bourque

Dec 16, 2005, 11:06:55 PM12/16/05
Xgriml...@aol.com wrote:
> GEEZ,If Hasbro's budget can't afford to give the TF G-1 Revisted/filler
> line a cartoon series.

. . .

David Willis

Dec 16, 2005, 11:44:44 PM12/16/05

"Aaron F. Bourque" <aaronb...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Xgriml...@aol.com wrote:
>> GEEZ,If Hasbro's budget can't afford to give the TF G-1 Revisted/filler
>> line a cartoon series.
>
> . . .

Be thankful Deathy's sentences end early!

--David
www.shortpacked.com

Thylacine 2000

Dec 17, 2005, 10:37:07 AM12/17/05

Steve-o Stonebraker wrote:

> Much more likely than a new show, IMO -- assuming that the schedule is
> even correct -- is that this "Heroes" series is repeats of some previous
> TF show with a new title. Possibly something from the Unicron Trilogy, or
> possibly repackaged G1 episodes (which *could* support the filler line).

I would be hugely surprised if anything from Armada or Energon were
rerun again on Cartoon Network. The repeated re-schedulings, and the
exile of Energon to like 5am weekdays for a stretch of time, sure seems
like the execs there didn't like the show. And it's not really in
Hasbro's interest to broadcast them, since the toys aren't out.

On the other hand, BWX will be out by then and Neo-G1 would be coming
soon, and Hasbro did say at Botcon that they were thinking about
getting reruns of that show back on the air to promote them. I'd
sooner expect reruns of G1 and BW, a 'highlights show' sort of thing.

David Willis

Dec 17, 2005, 4:23:32 PM12/17/05

> On the other hand, BWX will be out by then

Depends on how long BWX lasts. The first wave hits right after Christmas,
and Heroes wouldn't start for nine months. The only thing we know for sure
that'll be on shelves around then are the new Primal and Megs. It'd be a
little late to promote the redecos.

--David
www.shortpacked.com

Iron Wookiee

Dec 19, 2005, 5:55:08 PM12/19/05

Out now, got 'em today. I'm actually a lot more impressed with them
than I thought I would be, but that might be my inner Scrooge trying
to justify spending $45 for half of Transmutate...

Love the bios, though. Also love the description of Rhinox's Chain Gun
"of Doom!"