New Animated Season 3 Characters

1 view

primustf

Dec 5, 2008, 3:31:05 AM12/5/08
Here some new Animated Characters

http://derrickjwyatt.blogspot.com/

The one on the left looks cool but too much like the Constructicons from
S2 (the head that is) but I'm kinda iffy on the one on the right. Body
looks ok, but I don't like the look of the head. Thoughts?

primustf

Kishin

Dec 5, 2008, 10:05:21 AM12/5/08
"primustf" <prim...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Blech! Like most Animated TFs, they look like humans wearing (bad) robot
suits. I miss the day when TFs looked like ROBOTS.

Just my opinion.

--

Kishin

Onslaught Six

Dec 5, 2008, 1:12:09 PM12/5/08
On Dec 5, 10:05 am, "Kishin" <no...@idonontthinkso.com> wrote:

> Blech! Like most Animated TFs, they look like humans wearing (bad) robot
> suits. I miss the day when TFs looked like ROBOTS.

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/1/12/MarvelUS-01.jpg

Yeah 'cuz this was so much better.

Not_Available321

Dec 5, 2008, 1:39:43 PM12/5/08
On Dec 5, 1:12 pm, Onslaught Six <Onslaught...@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/1/12/MarvelUS-01.jpg
>
> Yeah 'cuz this was so much better.

Holy s**t, that is sweet! Is that a Bill Sienkiewicz cover? I bet
the art _inside_ that comic sucks the ass pimples off a hairless
monkey though.

As for the new Animated characters: Awesome.

Trolly McBeam

Silvershot

Dec 5, 2008, 3:09:37 PM12/5/08

It is Sienkiewicz, indeed! He also did a much later issue's cover, as
well . . #65, I think. Jim Lee did a cover around that time, also.

-Silvershot

Silvershot

Dec 5, 2008, 3:11:11 PM12/5/08

I've wanted a really good Wheeljack update forever, and if this is all I
get, I'll be a happy man. I think it looks fantastic, and I also dig
the Perceptor design. Nice and brainy looking. I know there are mixed
feelings regarding Animated, but I absolutely love it. Well done!

-Silvershot

Gustavo Wombat

Dec 5, 2008, 4:47:15 PM12/5/08

Wheeljack is pretty awesome. A little bit brawnier than one might
expect from an engineer, almost built like a football player, but
we've had some brawny engineers in Transformers in the past -- Rhinox
for instance. The head looks a little bit like G1 Wheeljack's very
robotic head, but with a dark grey goatee -- I'd prefer a more robotic
look. No sign of wheels.

Perceptor is going to take some getting used to. This is way too thin
and spindly, almost boyish. He's still recognizable, mostly because of
his very distinctive color scheme, but he lacks the boxiness of his G1
toy and animation model.

I really hope these two get toys. I want to see how Perceptor
transforms from such a spindly little guy into a microscope.

Gustavo!

Patriarch

Dec 5, 2008, 8:29:34 PM12/5/08

And for further laughs, note the resemblance to Adam and Jamie from
Mythbusters (as noted by 4chan...)

--
Patriarch
^_^ oO(Can't unsee...

Thunder Strikes Twice!

Dec 5, 2008, 11:48:21 PM12/5/08
Gustavo Wombat wrote:
> Perceptor is going to take some getting used to. This is way too thin
> and spindly, almost boyish.

Yeah, I don't care for him as much either. Wheeljack is nice though.

t.k.

Victoryleo

Dec 6, 2008, 2:41:18 AM12/6/08
I can picture TF animated perceptor having picards voice from star
trek. with TFA Wheeljack having a weird austrailan voice similar to
those cybertron cartoon accent voices.