Fan-molded "Auto-Scout" cassette (part of TFC-004)

Phillip Thorne

Mar 12, 2009, 8:50:36 PM3/12/09
From
<http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=15353>
<http://derrickjwyatt.blogspot.com/>
<http://www.tfclub.com/art/20090110144912_1203.html>

It's the Decepticon "Auto Scout" from G1 "A Prime Problem," a blue and
purple Soundwave-cassette that appeared only once, and was promptly
destroyed by the presaging-BW-energon crystals.

Ooh. Now that's an accessory (quasi-character?) I *like* and can
appreciate for its transforming technique. Pity the set comes with
weapons-accessories for figures I don't own. But they appear to use
standard 5-mm pegs, so they'll fit anything.

Price TBD.

--
** Phillip Thorne ** peth...@comcast.net **************
* RPI CompSci 1998 *

Thunder Strikes Twice!

Mar 12, 2009, 10:21:26 PM3/12/09
For me it's the other way around. I'd rather have the extra gun/missiles
for my Classics toys (I don't care about the Auto-scout though).

t.k.

Silvershot

Mar 12, 2009, 10:28:09 PM3/12/09

I like this, mainly because I generally enjoy anytime an on-screen
character finally gets a toy.

-Silvershot

Zobovor

Mar 12, 2009, 11:54:53 PM3/12/09
On Mar 12, 8:21 pm, "Thunder Strikes Twice!" <decep...@shaw.ca> wrote:

> For me it's the other way around. I'd rather have the extra gun/missiles
> for my Classics toys (I don't care about the Auto-scout though).

I like the auto-scout a lot, but even more than that, I'm impressed
with the ladder for Inferno *and* the fact that it comes with a gun-
arm extension for him. All the set is missing is the wings—arguably
Inferno's most distinguishing feature. Still, this is really neat. I
like that they added a joint to the Sideswipe missile launcher so that
it can pivot back slightly. This kind of attention to detail is
awesome.

Zob

Travoltron

Mar 13, 2009, 2:09:37 AM3/13/09
Phillip Thorne wrote:
> From
> <http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=15353>
> <http://derrickjwyatt.blogspot.com/>
> <http://www.tfclub.com/art/20090110144912_1203.html>
>
> It's the Decepticon "Auto Scout" from G1 "A Prime Problem," a blue and
> purple Soundwave-cassette that appeared only once, and was promptly
> destroyed by the presaging-BW-energon crystals.
>
> Ooh. Now that's an accessory (quasi-character?) I *like* and can
> appreciate for its transforming technique. Pity the set comes with
> weapons-accessories for figures I don't own.

Is this the same Auto-Scout toy?
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=autoscout
Because it's being sold individually.

Silvershot

Mar 13, 2009, 2:50:34 AM3/13/09

Negative. That one is by a company called iGear. The one we've been
talking about is by a company called TFC Toys, and is part of a larger
set of custom accessories, which includes a ladder for Inferno, the
Auto-Scout, and shoulder mounted missiles for Mirage, Sideswipe, and
Sunstreaker. TFC Toys is the company that recently made the Battle
Rollar custom toy, as well as some Movie accessories (Prime's Battle Axe
and All-Spark cubes).

The Auto-Scout toys are similar, but they are, in fact, two separate toys.

-Silvershot

Travoltron

Mar 13, 2009, 1:27:17 PM3/13/09
Silvershot wrote:

> The Auto-Scout toys are similar, but they are, in fact, two separate toys.

Damn, that means there are two toys I must get! :)

Blaster Master

Mar 13, 2009, 9:59:57 PM3/13/09
If you buy the set, I'll buy the scout cassette from you.
Email me if interested Please.

--

Blaster Master
a.k.a.

"Thunder Strikes Twice!" <dece...@shaw.ca> wrote in message

Thunder Strikes Twice!

Mar 14, 2009, 3:37:24 AM3/14/09
It's weird they both did essentially the same toy at the same time,
isn't it?

t.k.

Silvershot

Mar 14, 2009, 2:56:26 AM3/14/09

Maybe even more . . I think iGear is offering different colors. ;)

-Silvershot

Silvershot

Mar 15, 2009, 3:03:07 AM3/15/09

I don't think it's a coincidence . . this seems to be iGear's M.O.
Someone comes up with a great idea, and they copy it. For example,
FansProject made the City Commander armor for Ultra Magnus, and then
SGCollect made an upgrade pack for it which included a new head, a gun,
and shoulder missiles. iGear then decided to make their own head,
missiles, and included a sword (don't know if it made it past the CGI
design stage). Then, TFClub makes the Auto Scout, and iGear then
decides to make their own version. I like the idea od custom kits, but
not when there is a lack of originality.

-Silvershot