JETFIRE

trest...@cobra.uni.edu

Nov 14, 1994, 6:37:58 PM11/14/94
I own a Jetfire too. I almost traded him for Omega supreme but the guy got a
jetfire on his own and called the deal off.(Dam!!!Danm!!) Any rate his arms are
fine they are still very tight even years after transforming him. The only
problem is he has yellowed over the years. (the white parts have turned an
ivory color) Does anyone our their know how to fix this? (besides the obvious
repainting. I would really hate to loose the neat decal work.
anyway thanks alot.
ROHT (still dieing to get a hold of an Omega Supreme.)

trest...@cobra.uni.edu

Nov 16, 1994, 3:47:04 PM11/16/94
A quick question about Jetfire. When cleaning and restoreing my Jetfire I
noticed it was made by BanDai. Is he a fake? When I bought him he had all the
Autobot stickers techspec and manual. Or is it due to the Voltron warriors copy
right thing the reason for the BANDAIimprint. Either way he is one of the
coolest TFs. I also have roadblaster(the jeep with the cool armor.) He is about
#2 in my book reason is he is hard to transform and looks cool in both modes.
anyway thanks for the help ROHT

James J Hoxsey

Nov 17, 1994, 9:41:19 AM11/17/94
In article <1994Nov16.1...@cobra.uni.edu>
trest...@cobra.uni.edu writes:

No, he's not a fake. They were all made by BAN DAI. BAN DAI
was the manufacturer for the Macross Veritechs. I have one of each
and they are identical except for color and the head.

BTW: I have a picture of the two side by side, all I have to
do now is develope the roll and scan it. I will put it on the FTP
site so that everyone can compare them.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
"It never fails, get | Jim Hoxsey (jjho...@knight.ta.ford.com)
in the tub and there's a | 700C Fairlane Plaza South
rub at the lamp." | 330 Town Center Dr. (313)337-1616
-- The Genie | Dearborn, MI 48126 USA FMEAplus(R)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Giandonato

Nov 17, 1994, 8:58:11 PM11/17/94
Does anyone out there have any info on other Bandai toys like Jetfire.
I think he is by far the best Transformer toy. Were all of Bandai's
robots released in the USA? Or was it just a weird set of
circumstances that brought Jetfire here? (as hinted at above) Post
info here or feel free to E-mail me.
Giandonato
gxg...@psu.edu

bryan wayne decker

Nov 17, 1994, 9:28:39 PM11/17/94
trest...@cobra.uni.edu wrote:
: I own a Jetfire too. I almost traded him for Omega supreme but the guy got a

The same thing happened to my Jetfire, but I haven't come up with a
solution yet. If you hear of anything, let me know.

Bryan

ESWE...@maine.maine.edu

Nov 19, 1994, 6:18:45 PM11/19/94
I actually have quite a few of the Bandai line VT models.
They came out with three jetfire types (a grey and yellow one
that RT fansa would recognize as Skull-1) a white with red
and black trim (Rick Hunter's VT) and a light blue one
that I don't remember appeaing on the series.

In smaller models they made dozens of eight inch models ofthe
VT design, in various colors. I only have three, a blue one,
a gray one and rust brown one that only has 1 antennae (corresponds
to the Stinger from Battletech.)

But bandai went on to produce the third Generation Mospeada/Invid
RT mecha as well, including the Alpha and the Beta, which I am
looking for since mine got lost last time I moved.

Not sure if this is what you were asking, but there's my response.

T.E. Sweeney (WingShear/MadCat)

Matthew Alt

Nov 20, 1994, 11:19:57 PM11/20/94
In article <3afq2f$s...@tbd120.tbd.ford.com> jjho...@quality.pms.ford.com (James J Hoxsey) writes:
>From: jjho...@quality.pms.ford.com (James J Hoxsey)
>Subject: Re: JETFIRE
>Date: 17 Nov 1994 14:41:19 GMT

> BTW: I have a picture of the two side by side, all I have to
>do now is develope the roll and scan it. I will put it on the FTP
>site so that everyone can compare them.

>-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> "It never fails, get | Jim Hoxsey (jjho...@knight.ta.ford.com)
>in the tub and there's a | 700C Fairlane Plaza South
>rub at the lamp." | 330 Town Center Dr. (313)337-1616
> -- The Genie | Dearborn, MI 48126 USA FMEAplus(R)
>-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Bandai made quite a few "veritechs" which most Americans have never seen. The
Japanese ones differ in body color and head shape. You must have the version
from the Macross movie.
Before Transformers were even released in
this country, a company named "Takatoku" made the original toys that Jetfire
is based on. The Takatoku versions look similar in shape to jetfire but are
COMPLETELY differently colored, to match the personal fighters in the
"Macross" TV show. Takatoku went under shortly after the Macross TV show
ended, and Bandai took over their toy line........the Takatoku toys are worth
upwards of 200 bucks each now.

-Matt