Why Can't Dinotbot fly?

Ronald Ng

Oct 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/8/96

Hi There! Why can't Dinobot fly? He used to be a Predacon and all
Predacons fly, don't they? Even the Original Dinobots flew. What gives?

ROn

ROnald Ng | @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Simon Fraser University | - - - - - - - - - - - - -
ron...@sfu.ca | Btoy Pacific
Chen Style Taijiquan and other Internal Arts | - - - - -
(604)252-8773 | Springboard Diving@@@@@@@@@@@@

SilverWolf

Oct 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/8/96

In article <53ck9v$r...@morgoth.sfu.ca>, ron...@sfu.ca (Ronald Ng) wrote:

> Hi There! Why can't Dinobot fly? He used to be a Predacon and all
> Predacons fly, don't they? Even the Original Dinobots flew. What gives?

Of the Predicons; only Waspinator and Terrorsoar can fly (due to their
beast modes). Of the Maximals, only Optimus can fly (and apparently is the
only bot with jets built in.)

None of them could fly before the crash (I assume....or they just kind
of...forgot)

--
I will measure it all and own it all
And I will be inside it

This message has been brought to you by SilverWolf
"Often irritated, never duplicated"

:) I love Jessica :)

Look for the Dragoon Kain novellea (in progress) at http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~starfox/fanfics/Kain/

Bernard

Oct 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/8/96

I've only seen Waspinator and Pterasoaur fly, I don't think that all
the Predacons can fly, otherwise they would all have gone after the
stasis pods.

Beny

--
UUUUUUUUUUUU "I have summoned you here for a purpose"
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU "Nobody summons Megatron!"
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU/~~~~\UUUUUUUUUUUU UUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU/ \UUUUUUUUUUU UUU
UUUUUUU/++++++++++| |+++++++++++\ UUU o
UUUUUU/++++++++/UUU\ /UUUU\++++++++\ UUU -|-\\
UUUUU|+++++++/UUUUUU\____/UUUUUUU\+++++++\ UUU / \
UUUUU|++++++|UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU|++++++| UUU
UUUUUU\+++++|UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU|+++++/ UUU
UUUUUUUUU\++++\UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU/++++/ UUU
UUUUUUUUUUU\+++\UUUUUUUUUUUUU/+++/ UUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUU\+++\UUUUUUU/+++/ UUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUU
UU UUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUU
UUU UUU UUU
UUU

(CRONOT757)

Oct 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/9/96

Only terrorsaur and waspinator can fly. Unlike the decepticons it
seems only certain predacons have flight capabilities.This gives them
an advantage havving two fliers that can fly in both beast and robot
form while the maximals only have op primal in his robot form.

Chronot irc.dal.net

Gutierrez

Oct 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/12/96

Ronald Ng wrote:

> Hi There! Why can't Dinobot fly? He used to be a Predacon and all
> Predacons fly, don't they? Even the Original Dinobots flew. What gives?
>
> ROn
>
> --
> ROnald Ng | @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
> Simon Fraser University | - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> ron...@sfu.ca | Btoy Pacific
> Chen Style Taijiquan and other Internal Arts | - - - - -
> (604)252-8773 | Springboard Diving@@@@@@@@@@@@

Actually, not all Preds can fly: Megs, Scorp, Tarantulas, Black
_________________________________________________________________________Ryan Gutierrez AKA Warhawk

Shaun Loney

Oct 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/13/96

Gutierrez <guti...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>Ronald Ng wrote:
>>
>> Hi There! Why can't Dinobot fly? He used to be a Predacon and all
>> Predacons fly, don't they? Even the Original Dinobots flew. What gives?

The only predacons I saw fly were Terrorsaur and Waspinator.

In the show, only specific TFs are named "Flyers"

Dalmatian

Playground Psychotic

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

Ronald Ng wrote:

> Hi There! Why can't Dinobot fly? He used to be a Predacon and all
> Predacons fly, don't they? Even the Original Dinobots flew. What gives?

No, actually, this is my main argument for the Predacons
being allied with, but not descended from Decepticons. The
Decepticons could all fly, even the Stunticons and Soundwave
(who often did so in his cassette player mode... don't ask
me, I don't know).

However, with Beast Wars, the only flying Predacons are
Waspinator and Terrorsaur. Remember, in the second episode,
Optimus asked Dinobot, "Will he send flyers?" rather than
"Will he fly there?" So, apparently, the Predacons don't
have built-in antigravity devices like the Decepticons did,
or if they do, the planet's gravity gets them wonky and the
only ones who can fly are the ones with wings.

I'm pretty sure the next Predacon to be introduced will be
Snapper, and we know he can fly, with his jet boosters and
all.

P_P

SilverWolf

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

Gamera!!

Gamera!!

Gamera is really neat

Gamera is full of meat

Let's all cheer for Gameraaaaaaa!!

len...@usaor.net

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

>I'm pretty sure the next Predacon to be introduced will be
>Snapper, and we know he can fly, with his jet boosters and
>all.
>
>P_P
Snapper is also my bet for the next Pred released. Wolfang
for the Maxes.

Eveylast

Ye old man Ben

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

Playground Psychotic (tenor...@psnw.com) wrote:

> Ronald Ng wrote:
> No, actually, this is my main argument for the Predacons
> being allied with, but not descended from Decepticons. The
> Decepticons could all fly, even the Stunticons and Soundwave
> (who often did so in his cassette player mode... don't ask
> me, I don't know).
[snip]

I think it is possible that they are merely allies. However,
series writer and co-editor Bob Forward has stated they are the
descendents. Now, the arguement has been made that ALL the old
Decepticons could fly and if some Predacons cannot fly, that automatically
means they aren't Decepticon descendents.
First off, the show was notoriously inconsistant with the 'flying'
issue. In More Than Meets the Eye, the Autobots are seen CLEARLY flying
(although some have said they were hovering or gliding, either way they
were moving through the air) towards the oil rig in the water to battle
the Decepticons. Then it was said Sideswipe could only fly because of his
booster pack and none of the Autobots had anything similar (even Wheeljack
who was supposed to have the arm boosters). Let's just say this is one
confusing issue.
Also, one cannot assume that every generation of Transformers
would necesarily pass it's abilities to the next. The Autobots who built
the Aerialbots didn't seem like they could fly for instance, yet they
built the Aerialbots with flight capabilities. Does that mean that the
Aerialbots are not Autobots or descendents of the Autobots?
My guess is that the Predacons were a 'mixed' product line. There
were flyers and non-flyers. The same goes for the Maximals I would
presume. :)

*Name: Benson "Ironfire" Yee *
*a.k.a. Wonko the Sane *
*e-mail: ye...@is2.nyu.edu *
*Transformers Beast Wars web page: *
*http://acweb.com/ben/beast.htm *
***************************************
"THAT, was some cold slag..."
Rhinox - "Fallen Comrades"

John Troop

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

> YES! Wolfang WILL be the next Maxi to be introduced....
> Just so long as the Jay Leno chin and the "birthing hips" are fixed
> up in there.

In some areas, Wolfang and Snapper have already been released. Namely,
in Tulsa, where we're a test market... :)

-Trent

DALMATIAN

Oct 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/18/96

YES! Wolfang WILL be the next Maxi to be introduced....

Just so long as the Jay Leno chin and the "birthing hips" are fixed
up in there.

So commands
Dalmatian.

Ye old man Ben

Oct 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/18/96

John Troop (Erma...@worldnet.att.net) wrote:
> > YES! Wolfang WILL be the next Maxi to be introduced....
> > Just so long as the Jay Leno chin and the "birthing hips" are fixed
> > up in there.
> In some areas, Wolfang and Snapper have already been released. Namely,
> in Tulsa, where we're a test market... :)

Hate to say it guys, but Wolfang will NOT be the next Maximal on
the show (if you're talking abut the toys, I apologize). Here's a little
factoid straight from Mr. Bob Forward himself. You know the episode
"Fallen Comrades" where Tigatron was introduced? Guess what? Wolfang was
originally meant to be introduced in that episode, but Hasbro later
decided on Tigatron instead since the Wolfang toy was going to be "phased
out" soon. Ah vell, it would have been neat.

Neldaar

Oct 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/19/96

In article <547vs9$9...@news.nyu.edu>, ye...@is2.nyu.edu (Ye old man Ben)
writes:

> Hate to say it guys, but Wolfang will NOT be the next Maximal on
>the show (if you're talking abut the toys, I apologize). Here's a little
>factoid straight from Mr. Bob Forward himself. You know the episode
>"Fallen Comrades" where Tigatron was introduced? Guess what? Wolfang
was
>originally meant to be introduced in that episode, but Hasbro later
>decided on Tigatron instead since the Wolfang toy was going to be "phased
>out" soon. Ah vell, it would have been neat.

What do you mean "phased out"? Is Wolfang going to stop shipping before
next year? If so, that may mean that we would never get him on the show.

Brian

The Weeter

Oct 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/19/96

In article <54a1j5$6...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, nel...@aol.com (Neldaar)
writes:

>What do you mean "phased out"? Is Wolfang going to stop shipping before
>next year? If so, that may mean that we would never get him on the show.

Here we go again with more FORGOTTON Transformers! They HAVE to atleast
put him in the comic. He just looks so COOL with that shield and mask!
BATMAN like!

Next they will cut Polar Claw out because his bat is too scarey!

MENYA MACHINKA

Oct 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/19/96

Neldaar wrote:

> In article <547vs9$9...@news.nyu.edu>, ye...@is2.nyu.edu (Ye old man Ben)
> writes:
>
> > Hate to say it guys, but Wolfang will NOT be the next Maximal on
> >the show (if you're talking abut the toys, I apologize). Here's a little
> >factoid straight from Mr. Bob Forward himself. You know the episode
> >"Fallen Comrades" where Tigatron was introduced? Guess what? Wolfang
> was
> >originally meant to be introduced in that episode, but Hasbro later
> >decided on Tigatron instead since the Wolfang toy was going to be "phased
> >out" soon. Ah vell, it would have been neat.
>
> What do you mean "phased out"? Is Wolfang going to stop shipping before
> next year? If so, that may mean that we would never get him on the show.
>
> Brian

DAMMIT! Here we go again! First RAZORBEAST now WOLFANG who is next?? If
this is how they do things,then we should consider ourselves lucky to
have T-REX megatron and APE primal in the show rather than those
cheeeeeeeezeeeeee,tiny,wimpy,ugly,crapy.....running out of words that
end with "eee" and that have negative meanings.....crok/bat leaders!
--
THAAAANX MAAAN!
"MENYA" MACHINKA
COME VISIT MY SHARK/NHL97/RUSSIAN HOCKEY/BEAST WARS WEB-SITES!
FOR MY BW PAGE:
http://www.vir.com/~dritzz/index.html
__ __
/ /_/-----\_\ \
| --- |
| /-\___/-\ |
| |_/| |\_| |
| || |_| || |
| || || |
\ \ ___ / /
\ || - || /
\||\/_\/||/
-- --
SIDE SWIPE
---------------

msipher

Oct 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/19/96

On Sat, 19 Oct 1996, MENYA MACHINKA wrote:

> Neldaar wrote:
> >
> > In article <547vs9$9...@news.nyu.edu>, ye...@is2.nyu.edu (Ye old man Ben)
> > writes:
> >
> > > Hate to say it guys, but Wolfang will NOT be the next Maximal on
> > >the show (if you're talking abut the toys, I apologize). Here's a little
> > >factoid straight from Mr. Bob Forward himself. You know the episode
> > >"Fallen Comrades" where Tigatron was introduced? Guess what? Wolfang
> > was
> > >originally meant to be introduced in that episode, but Hasbro later
> > >decided on Tigatron instead since the Wolfang toy was going to be "phased
> > >out" soon. Ah vell, it would have been neat.
> >
> > What do you mean "phased out"? Is Wolfang going to stop shipping before
> > next year? If so, that may mean that we would never get him on the show.
> >
> > Brian
>
> DAMMIT! Here we go again! First RAZORBEAST now WOLFANG who is next??

Iguanus, more'n likely.

Hm. Guess the only Maximal left, the next Maximal to be introduced in the
show... will be ARMORDILLO. Not my first choice.

As for Predacons... looks like either Snapper or Insecticon. My vote's
for Snapper...

> If
> this is how they do things,then we should consider ourselves lucky to
> have T-REX megatron and APE primal in the show rather than those
> cheeeeeeeezeeeeee,tiny,wimpy,ugly,crapy.....running out of words that
> end with "eee" and that have negative meanings.....crok/bat leaders!

Actually, wasn't the "pasing out" of the toys one of the big reasons why
they didn't appear on the show? If memory serves correctly, Primal & Megs
were supposed to have TWO Beast modes and TWO Battle modes, but that was
dropped due to time constraints and the bat/gavial toys being phased
out...

M "Besides, The T-Rex & Ape Forms Are Just So Much More Impressive" Sipher

MENYA MACHINKA

Oct 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/19/96

I do not know why,but my question is:
Why do they not just build rocket packs or something like that so that
they can fly?? I mean just look at primal,he relies on his jets and so
does terrorsaur(in battle mode).Now are they just stupid and never
thought of such a thing,or are they restrained by the lack of materials?
I do not believe that it is the latter,because I'm sure optimus needs
fuel for his jets and maybe the same goes for terrorsaur.
But hey! What do I know?

Toysho

Oct 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/20/96

<<As for Predacons... looks like either Snapper or Insecticon. My vote's
for Snapper...>>
Uh....aren't you forgetting somebody? You know, like Buzzsaw.....

Dave Richter

Oct 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/21/96

Neldaar wrote:

> In article <547vs9$9...@news.nyu.edu>, ye...@is2.nyu.edu (Ye old man Ben)
> writes:
>
> > Hate to say it guys, but Wolfang will NOT be the next Maximal on
> >the show (if you're talking abut the toys, I apologize). Here's a little
> >factoid straight from Mr. Bob Forward himself. You know the episode
> >"Fallen Comrades" where Tigatron was introduced? Guess what? Wolfang
> was
> >originally meant to be introduced in that episode, but Hasbro later
> >decided on Tigatron instead since the Wolfang toy was going to be "phased
> >out" soon. Ah vell, it would have been neat.
>
> What do you mean "phased out"? Is Wolfang going to stop shipping before
> next year? If so, that may mean that we would never get him on the show.

And if Wolfang isn't going to be on the show, who takes his liscencing
spot? They have fourteen liscenced characters for this season, right?
And if we won't see Razorbeast, Wolfang, or Polarclaw, the only beast
left is... Armordillo!
I'll spend the day in a permanent cringe the day I see a CGI
Armordillo. The worst toy in the line, by far. Take a good look at
him. Orange and grey color scheme, goofy smile, small; he's Wheelie
reborn!

--
Dave Richter "Armordillo say, find friends today!"
bj...@virginia.edu "Um, can we just leave this pod

Dalmatian

Oct 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/21/96

nel...@aol.com (Neldaar) wrote:
>In article <547vs9$9...@news.nyu.edu>, ye...@is2.nyu.edu (Ye old man Ben)
>writes:
>
>> Hate to say it guys, but Wolfang will NOT be the next Maximal on
>>the show (if you're talking abut the toys, I apologize). Here's a little
>>factoid straight from Mr. Bob Forward himself. You know the episode
>>"Fallen Comrades" where Tigatron was introduced? Guess what? Wolfang
>was
>>originally meant to be introduced in that episode, but Hasbro later
>>decided on Tigatron instead since the Wolfang toy was going to be "phased
>>out" soon. Ah vell, it would have been neat.
>
>What do you mean "phased out"? Is Wolfang going to stop shipping before
>next year? If so, that may mean that we would never get him on the show.
>

>Brian

I'd be more concerned about actually GETTING the toy of Wolfang before
it's too late.

Dalmatian

Ye old man Ben

Oct 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/21/96

Dave Richter (bj...@virginia.edu) wrote:

> Neldaar wrote:
> > What do you mean "phased out"? Is Wolfang going to stop shipping before
> > next year? If so, that may mean that we would never get him on the show.

I suspect (although cannot confirm) that he will probably stop
shipping by the end of 1996.

> And if Wolfang isn't going to be on the show, who takes his liscencing
> spot? They have fourteen liscenced characters for this season, right?
> And if we won't see Razorbeast, Wolfang, or Polarclaw, the only beast
> left is... Armordillo!

[snip]

Agreed, Armordillo would be an odd choice. At this point, I'm
going to try to confirm again what the exact count of characters for
season one will be. Even the writers can make mistakes at times. :)

Darren Murphy

Oct 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/21/96

Dave Richter (bj...@virginia.edu) writes:
-> And if Wolfang isn't going to be on the show, who takes his liscencing
-> spot? They have fourteen liscenced characters for this season, right?
-> And if we won't see Razorbeast, Wolfang, or Polarclaw, the only beast
-> left is... Armordillo!
-> I'll spend the day in a permanent cringe the day I see a CGI
-> Armordillo. The worst toy in the line, by far. Take a good look at
-> him. Orange and grey color scheme, goofy smile, small; he's Wheelie
-> reborn!

Heh. Never thought of that. Still, he may be pretty crumby for the BWTF
line, but Armor Dillo's much cooler than Wheelie. Well, the voice could be
bad, I guess. But there's hope for him yet (:

Darren, hapens to _like_ Armor Dillo, for some reason.
--
dn...@freenet.carleton.ca dj...@uow.edu.au
http://members.tripod.com/~Dirge/

Ye old man Ben

Oct 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/22/96

[snip]> Neldaar wrote:

> I'll spend the day in a permanent cringe the day I see a CGI

> Armordillo. The worst toy in the line, by far. Take a good look at

> him. Orange and grey color scheme, goofy smile, small; he's Wheelie

> reborn!

Okay, fear not folks. Straight from Bob Forward, there will be
new two new characters (beyond Blackarachnia and Tigatron) who will NOT be
repaints AND are not from the current line. Hmmmmm....the wheels turn
again folks! Turns out Kenner wants new characters introduced as close to
the release of the toys as possible so once the newer eps at the latter
half of the season air, I suspect the new guys will be coming out. :)

Pyynk

Oct 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/22/96

In article <54ei3e$p...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, toy...@aol.com (Toysho)
writes:

><<As for Predacons... looks like either Snapper or Insecticon. My vote's
>for Snapper...>>
>Uh....aren't you forgetting somebody? You know, like Buzzsaw.....

Nope, Buzzsaw was listed on Ben Yee's Beast Wars Faq as NOT being among
the characters appearing on the show.

Pyynk

Q: How many Decepticon leaders does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: Four. Shockwave to analyze that the bulb has burned out, Jhiaxus to
make a speech about the lightbulb burning out, Galvatron to rant about the
bulb burning out, and Megatron to actually change the lightbulb.

Dalmatian

Oct 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/22/96

Maybe they'll make a re-paint of him?
(yeah right)

But an Arctic Wolf could be made and go with Tigertron and PolarClaw.

Dalmatian