The finale of Dark Glass

DiTillio

Sep 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/3/98
Well, as I am sure most of you already know , no copies of the script of Dark
Glass will be given out at Transcon.

I am not going to bore you with the numerous phone calls and e-mails I had to
suffer because of this debacle, but I will give you one plain fact -

Mainframe has made it very clear to us that their new policy is that Bw scripts
are the property of Mainframe and that no scripts are to be distributed to
anyone outside of the company EVER. If it happens, there will be legal action
taken.

As employees of Mainframe, Bob Forward and myself are bound by this policy and
we will respect it.

This is my LAST word on the subject, don't e-mail me asking me anything else
about it, I'll simply delete it..

I would also suggest you refrain from any attacks on Transcon, MIB, Hasbro,
Mainframe or anyone else. This whole incident is just a tempest in a teapot
that's nobody's fault and Life is too short to waste time spewing useless bile.
Enjoy Transformers, look forward to our season 3 premiere in NOVEMBER and I
will be around when the shows start airing to take civilized questions,
comments etc. You are welcome to ask things about seasons one and two or
general questions, but as I am in the process of writing my final season 3
script, I am very busy, so don't expect immediate answers.

Over and out.

Larry DiTillio
Story Editor - Beast Wars

Primus1716

Sep 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/3/98
>hat their new policy is that Bw scripts
>are the property of Mainframe and that no scripts are to be distributed to
>anyone outside of the company EVER.

does that mean people can't post season 3 scrips over the internet?

HELLO THERE!

Sep 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/3/98
> Enjoy Transformers, look forward to our season 3 premiere in NOVEMBER and I

I thought I heard everyone saying it started in a couple weeks. An actual
editor says November though, so what's the deal?

OptimalOptimus

Sep 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/3/98
> does that mean people can't post season 3 scrips over the internet?

No duh.

Yaz

Sep 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/3/98
You just answered your own question.

Dave Van Domelen

Sep 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/3/98
In article <Pine.SOL.3.96.98090...@ux7.cso.uiuc.edu>,

HELLO THERE! <jdo...@students.uiuc.edu> wrote:
>> Enjoy Transformers, look forward to our season 3 premiere in NOVEMBER and I
>
>I thought I heard everyone saying it started in a couple weeks. An actual
>editor says November though, so what's the deal?

Once more, with feeling. The new syndication "season" starts this
month. Stations who have just picked up the series will be able to start
showing it this month.
However, new *episodes* won't hit until November.

Dave Van Domelen, thinks Cheetor II looks rather fugly in both modes,
see www.toymania.com's Pre-Toy Fair section for pics....

Dennis Vaughn

Sep 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/3/98
HELLO THERE! wrote:

> > Enjoy Transformers, look forward to our season 3 premiere in NOVEMBER and I
>
> I thought I heard everyone saying it started in a couple weeks. An actual
> editor says November though, so what's the deal?

It IS November that season 3 will air. And yes, BW WILL be 5 days a
week starting Sept. 14 BUT it'll only be repeats from then till
Novemeber. (starting with ep #8, since ep #6 is tomorrow and ep #7 is
next Fri)

--
"Remember as far as anyone knows, we're a nice normal family"
-Homer Simpson

Dennis
ds...@ovnet.com

Astalis

Sep 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/4/98

DiTillio wrote:

> ...Enjoy Transformers, look forward to our season 3 premiere in NOVEMBER...

Not sure about the rest but I certainly well. I mean...tidbits are well
and good if the ability is there to provide them. But just being allowed
to watch the incredible ongoing series you and the rest of the BW team
produce is worthwhile in and of itself.
Thanks!! And keep up the excellent work!! :-)

Astalis

--
"And yet there is a time
For everything that's under heaven.

**from Michael Card's "Under the Sun"**

-----------------------
astalis at epsi dot net
-----------------------

Finback

Sep 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/4/98
On Thu, 3 Sep 1998, HELLO THERE! wrote:

> > Enjoy Transformers, look forward to our season 3 premiere in NOVEMBER and I
>
> I thought I heard everyone saying it started in a couple weeks. An actual
> editor says November though, so what's the deal?

I'm thinking that perhaps a _network_ premiere is in November,
while cable channels may get it earlier...

My reasoning? Um, in Singapore, they can get Season 2 on a satellite
station, while here in Australia, we're still waiting for Channel Seven to
actually decide if they're going to bother screening it....
+-------------------------------------+-------------------------+
| Marcus Good aka "Finback" | "That which is not dead |
| eg...@cc.curtin.edu.au | can eternal lie, |
| http://student.curtin.edu.au/~egood | And with strange aeons |
+-------------------------------------+ even death may die." |
| G+++ FR FW M+(1) #58 D++ ADA N+++ | -- HP Lovecraft, |
| W++ B+++ OQP BC MU- OM+ P171 | "Call of Cthulhu". |

Finback

Sep 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/4/98
On 3 Sep 1998, Primus1716 wrote:

> >hat their new policy is that Bw scripts
> >are the property of Mainframe and that no scripts are to be distributed to
> >anyone outside of the company EVER.
>

> does that mean people can't post season 3 scrips over the internet?

No, to copy down dialogue and actions from a TV show would be
making a _transcript_. The actual scripts contain tonnes of data about
camera techniques, back story, and lots of other minutae. A transcript
wouldn't contain all this data, and therefore, is different from the
actual script....

Or at least, _in theory_....

MicroZone

Sep 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/4/98
>I thought I heard everyone saying it started in a couple weeks. An actual
editor says November though, so what's the deal?<

Okay. for the benefit of those out there that either didn't see the previous
dozen explainations or just didn't "get it". Here it is again:

Beast Wars has been advertised as "premering" Sept 14th in many Tv ads. In fact
it is merely switching from Fridays & weekends to Monday thru Friday starting
with that date. As far as those stations are concerned that IS season three,
rerun or not. (It's the syndication biz, don't think too hard about it, just
accept it and move on. It's a LOT easier that way)

New episodes will begin to air in November.

MicroZone

ArkN...@my-dejanews.com

Sep 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/5/98
In article <199809040117...@ladder03.news.aol.com>,

AND, before someone says "But why November?" it's because of a nasty thing TV
in the USA has called (drum roll please) SWEEPS! (No, not Scourge!) The
November Sweeps are Televisions' make-or-break time of the year here in the
states. Do well in November, and you just might make it to the February
Sweeps, with the added bonus that you can get better ad rates for your show!
Do badly, and you'll be lucky to make it to the holidays!

ArkNorth
RATTRAP: I knew it! I knew it! We're all gonna DIE!

CHEETOR: Aw, jeeze Ratbreath! What's buggin' you now!?

RATTRAP: Looky! I just got DA BOOK!

CHEETOR: (Reading cover) "The Neilsen Ratings Guide - November 1998..." So?
Look - we're still number one for syndicated children's programming!

RATTRAP: Yea yea - but look at dis! Who's dis bozo? "Voltron - The Third
Dimension?" Where'd DIS yutz come from?

CHEETOR: (Reading) Whoa! 5 robot cats form a giant super robot! ROWR! Now
THAT'S my kind of kitty!

RATTRAP: Sure! You'd go for dat kind'a thing wouldn't ya?

CHEETOR: Hey, that's my kind of 'bot! Hey! Look at that middle one there!

RATTRAP: (Examining picture) Hummm... I heard dat dey had ta modify dis
character when dey CGI'd him... hummm - - Holy Cats! I know dat bum! What's
he doin' in there!?

CHEETOR: No! Big cat! Say it ain't SO!!

TIGATRON: ...And I'll form the HEAD!!

http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine/pohl/189/index.html