Anyone Heard from Barry Vedros or ...

RD MEYER

Aug 31, 2005, 2:38:22 PM8/31/05
... other Louisiana Sandboxers? Does he and his family still live in
Metairie? Also, anyone heard about damage to the D-Day Museum. Can't
access their website.

Ron

"Old Soldiers Never Die, Your Mother Just Threw Them Away"

bsp...@aol.com

Aug 31, 2005, 3:57:28 PM8/31/05

NOW THERES A T-SHIRT.WITH A JOE LOGO OR EVEN A JOES HEAD STICKING UP
FROM THE TRASH CAN

Scott Norris

Aug 31, 2005, 4:36:39 PM8/31/05
Actually, that was a poster.

Scott45

Busman

Aug 31, 2005, 5:37:04 PM8/31/05
Have not heard from Barry but I did talk to a friend of someone who works at the D-Day Museum today and they apparently have no damage ...... yet.
Andy

BRarchitect

Aug 31, 2005, 6:12:31 PM8/31/05
In Baton Rouge, my electricity came on Tuesday night. I'd like to
hear something from Barry also; I have many friends/family who have
scattered from here to Texas and Arkansas; the cell phone systems are
overloaded with disruptions and busy signals.

Even here, 90 miles from the eye of the storm, we have 700 trees
knocked down, usually on power lines. The city is filling up with
refugees who have come here with literally the shirt on their backs;
but the city is coming together to help our guests with donations of
clothing, food, places to stay and money. I've taken Joes from my
collection for the kids to have something to get through this.

With the great musical history New Orleans has given to the world, I
would like to see a musical fundraiser like the ones for 9/11 and
tsunami relief.

Chris

Ronald D. Meyer

Aug 31, 2005, 7:56:24 PM8/31/05
Yeah, know about the poster. Someone told me about it several months
after I started using the tag line back in 1994 or so. Been using it
ever since too.

Ron

In article <1125518248.2...@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,

Tanker

Sep 1, 2005, 9:47:24 PM9/1/05
Yeah downtown is not deluged yet....

Tanker

--
Visit My Site For New Sideshow Releases and Product Reviews!!
--=+=--

"Busman" <texa...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

J. Steven York

Sep 2, 2005, 1:06:23 AM9/2/05
On 31 Aug 2005 15:12:31 -0700, "BRarchitect" <sapp...@bellsouth.net>
wrote:

>With the great musical history New Orleans has given to the world, I
>would like to see a musical fundraiser like the ones for 9/11 and
>tsunami relief.

I think something like this is already well into the planning
stages...

J. Steven York's Multiplex of the Mind
http://york-multiplex.blogspot.com/ BLOG
http://member.newsguy.com/~jsteven/ WEB

Rudy Panucci

Sep 2, 2005, 7:45:57 AM9/2/05

>>With the great musical history New Orleans has given to the world, I
>>would like to see a musical fundraiser like the ones for 9/11 and
>>tsunami relief.

NBC tonight at 8 PM--Harry Connick Jr, Aaron Neville, Tim McGraw, Wynton
Marselis.

MTV will have a special Saturday, and concerts Sunday and Monday,
featuring Green Day, Ludacris, and tons of other artists.

Jerry Lewis will run appeals for the Red Cross during the MDA telethon,
and MDA is kicking a million bucks into the fund.

What we'll really need is another fund-raiser in November, when the
danger of people forgetting this disaster will be real. And a toy drive
for the refugee kids for Christmas. Once the initial trauma is dealt
with, these folks are really going to have a hard row to hoe. They'll
need our support for a long time.

later, Rudy

Ronald D. Meyer

Sep 3, 2005, 7:47:06 PM9/3/05
Found this website from NASA. Shows the museum is high and dry. Doesn't
show wind or rain damage to the area tho. Really bad situation there.
God help those people.

http://hosted.ap.org/specials/neworleanssatellite/index.html

Ron

In article <MaORe.5726$FW1....@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,

Kennedy

Sep 5, 2005, 1:32:18 PM9/5/05
"RD MEYER" <mon...@ev1.net> wrote:

No, he lives in Gretna I think; he moved there a year after I visited him
in Metairie. I'm pretty sure I've been to his new house...

Kennedy

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

jham...@aol.com

Sep 5, 2005, 2:32:56 PM9/5/05
I called Barry on Sunday, the day before the hurricane, in case he
decided to ride it out. Happily, all I got was his answering machine. I
hope that meant he had left town. His brother Chris lives not too far
from him, iirc, but I don't know what he did. Nomad65 made it out
before hand but there are several others I can't reach.

Jim

Tanker

Sep 6, 2005, 8:53:13 AM9/6/05
Yeah the French Quarter itself only got about 6in of water and Canal street
is higher than the river bank. There is a picture of a few people standing
around on Monday during the decadence parade and they were 2 blocks from the
museum and it was like any non-disaster day......

Dave

--

"Ronald D. Meyer" <mon...@ev1.net> wrote in message