Not that this would surprise anyone.

Omri Schwarz

Dec 16, 2003, 2:53:30 PM12/16/03
http://news.independent.co.uk/digital/news/story.jsp?story=473113

Hong Kong maids getting extra money by knowing
a thing or two abotu computers.
--
Omri Schwarz --- ocs...@mit.edu ('h' before war)
Timeless wisdom of biomedical engineering: "Noise is principally

Dan Birchall

Dec 16, 2003, 4:59:51 PM12/16/03
ocs...@h-after-ocsc.mit.edu (Omri Schwarz) wrote:
> http://news.independent.co.uk/digital/news/story.jsp?story=473113
>
> Hong Kong maids getting extra money by knowing
> a thing or two abotu computers.

Bah, pesky MOUS/A+ cert types. I at least expected them to be pilfering
the accounts of wealthy clients from their home computers. Whatever happened
to the evil in the world?

--
Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim. | http://dan.birchalls.net/

Ernie

Dec 16, 2003, 10:04:46 PM12/16/03
Dan Birchall spake thusly unto the Scary Devil Monastery:

> ocs...@h-after-ocsc.mit.edu (Omri Schwarz) wrote:
> > http://news.independent.co.uk/digital/news/story.jsp?story=473113
> >
> > Hong Kong maids getting extra money by knowing
> > a thing or two abotu computers.

> Bah, pesky MOUS/A+ cert types. I at least expected them to be
> pilfering the accounts of wealthy clients from their home computers.
> Whatever happened to the evil in the world?

It's the unimaginative of the world that don't see the opportunities for
blackmail around them.

But then again, if they're successful at the same (and I would expect it
of maids... it's an old tradition) it sure as hell isn't going to make
the papers. It would certainly explain the sudden interest in "computer
courses" as they put it in the article. A mere fourfold increase in
salary wouldn't be enough. ;)

--
GCM d@ s++:- a- C++++$ UB++++$ P++ L+ E- W+ N+ o? K? w-- O? M- V !PS !PE Y
PGP t-- 5+++ X-- R tv b+ DI++ !D+++ G+ e+ h--- r+++ y+++**

Kevin

Dec 17, 2003, 6:16:20 AM12/17/03
>> http://news.independent.co.uk/digital/news/story.jsp?story=473113

>> Hong Kong maids getting extra money by knowing
>> a thing or two abotu computers.

>Bah, pesky MOUS/A+ cert types. I at least expected them to be pilfering
>the accounts of wealthy clients from their home computers. Whatever happened
>to the evil in the world?

Where do you think the M.I.L.F.[1] and the Sayyaf[2] are getting their
funding from since Osama and Saddam went underground..., kidnapping all
those fabulously wealthy tourists that visit the Phillipines?

Kevin

[1] Moro Islamic Liberation Front

[2] "Bearer of the Sword" http://www.ict.org.il/inter_ter/orgdet.cfm?orgid=3

Paul Tomblin

Dec 17, 2003, 7:32:14 AM12/17/03
In a previous article, kevin at kevingoebel dot com said:
>Where do you think the M.I.L.F.[1] and the Sayyaf[2] are getting their
>[1] Moro Islamic Liberation Front

You obviously don't get the same spam I do.

--
"The magic of usenet has never been its technology; and, only in part, its
reach. Its magic -- its power -- is based on the very real human connections

Dan Birchall

Dec 17, 2003, 2:55:23 PM12/17/03
ptom...@xcski.com (Paul Tomblin) wrote:
> In a previous article, kevin at kevingoebel dot com said:
> >Where do you think the M.I.L.F.[1] and the Sayyaf[2] are getting their
> >[1] Moro Islamic Liberation Front
>
> You obviously don't get the same spam I do.

Indeed. An entire terrorist organization made of attractive women, that
would be different. "Bring 'em on," as Dubya sez.

David P. Murphy

Dec 17, 2003, 4:58:41 PM12/17/03
Dan Birchall <nob...@localhost.localdomain> wrote:

> Indeed. An entire terrorist organization made of attractive women, that
> would be different. "Bring 'em on," as Dubya sez.

You, too, can choose your method of execution when you are sentenced to death
for telling sexist jokes on television.

ok
dpm
--
David P. Murphy http://www.myths.com/~dpm/
systems programmer ftp://ftp.myths.com

Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz

Dec 17, 2003, 10:30:21 PM12/17/03
In <qfg1uvcmfe3cr9v3o...@4ax.com>, on 12/18/2003
at 07:58 AM, Lionel <n...@alt.net> said:

>We could eliminate spam tomorrow, if we could just convince the
>parents of America not to give credit cards to their virgin sons. Or
>to go with the old-fashioned French custom (possibly an UL?) of
>sending their sons to brothels to pick up a sexual education.

How would that eliminate the 419, automotive, golf, political, printer
toner, pyramid, real estate and religious spam?

Reply to domain Patriot dot net user shmuel+bspfh to contact me.

Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz

Dec 18, 2003, 3:38:40 PM12/18/03
In <33d2uv4itjgs7fpvs...@4ax.com>, on 12/18/2003
at 04:05 PM, Lionel <n...@alt.net> said:

><optimist> The aforementioned sons would grow into far more sensible
>& right-thinking men, resulting in both a diminished market for
>spammer crap, & overwhelming support for laws that make spamming a
>crime punishable by drowing in a full septic tank. </optimist>

And who's going to clean the septic tank after that?

Chris Suslowicz

Dec 19, 2003, 8:06:15 AM12/19/03
In article <o7v4uvkbue4lnr407...@4ax.com>,
Lionel <n...@alt.net> wrote:

> Word has it that on 19 Dec 2003 04:05:28 GMT, in this august forum,
> ab...@leftmind.net (Anthony de Boer - USEnet) said:
>
> >Lionel staggered into the Black Sun and said:
> >> ... & overwhelming support for laws that make spamming a crime

> >>punishable by drowing in a full septic tank. </optimist>

<snippage>

> >``That 419 spammer? He sleeps with the turds.''
>
> Truly an appropriate epitaph.

ObXthread: http://www.the-whiteboard.com/autowb241.html

Chris.

--
If a thoroughly plonked troll enters a newsgroup, does it make a sound?

st...@madcelt.org

Dec 22, 2003, 1:18:16 AM12/22/03
At a random point in time Chris Suslowicz <armag...@heresiarch.demon.co.uk> blathered insanely:

> In article <o7v4uvkbue4lnr407...@4ax.com>,
> Lionel <n...@alt.net> wrote:

> <snippage>
>
>> >``That 419 spammer? He sleeps with the turds.''
>>
>> Truly an appropriate epitaph.

> ObXthread: http://www.the-whiteboard.com/autowb241.html

Wondered if any others here read that one. Was going to post it but never
got around to it.

--
Stevo st...@madcelt.org
Like most computer techie people, I'll happily spend 6 hours trying to figure

Mike Andrews

Dec 22, 2003, 9:14:20 AM12/22/03
st...@madcelt.org wrote:
> At a random point in time Chris Suslowicz <armag...@heresiarch.demon.co.uk> blathered insanely:
> > In article <o7v4uvkbue4lnr407...@4ax.com>,
> > Lionel <n...@alt.net> wrote:

> > <snippage>

> >> Truly an appropriate epitaph.

> > ObXthread: http://www.the-whiteboard.com/autowb241.html

> Wondered if any others here read that one. Was going to post it but never
> got around to it.

That's OK. It may even be _good_, though it isn't quite up to the
G. W. Bush Memorial Pay Toilet, to be erected on Bush's grave --
before or after his death; it doesn't matter.

But <http://www.the-whiteboard.com/autowb220.html> speaks _volumes_!

--
Another of my pet peeves is the use of random special characters in names,
e.g. SQL*Forms. I pronounce that one "squeal splat forms" - sort of sounds

st...@madcelt.org

Dec 22, 2003, 9:29:48 PM12/22/03
At a random point in time Mike Andrews <mi...@mikea.ath.cx> blathered insanely:

> st...@madcelt.org wrote:
>> At a random point in time Chris Suslowicz <armag...@heresiarch.demon.co.uk> blathered insanely:
>> > In article <o7v4uvkbue4lnr407...@4ax.com>,
>> > Lionel <n...@alt.net> wrote:

>> > <snippage>

>> > ObXthread: http://www.the-whiteboard.com/autowb241.html

>> Wondered if any others here read that one. Was going to post it but never
>> got around to it.

> That's OK. It may even be _good_, though it isn't quite up to the
> G. W. Bush Memorial Pay Toilet, to be erected on Bush's grave --
> before or after his death; it doesn't matter.

I'm unsure if I should be worried about how many characters I recognised
from webcomics I read regularly. Was fun picking them out though. Including
Opus.