Teledisk 2.12

John Wilson

Feb 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/15/97

Am I the only one for whom Teledisk has broken? My DM III+ just revived long
enough to run the test diskette (thanks, Lee!) to reformat the screwed-up hard
disk, then I figured I'd grab the DM-101 images off of sunsite and make up
some disks, but Teledisk (which worked fine on my previous machines) seems
to go to sleep after the first time it touches the floppy drive (this is on
a Cyrix 5x86/120). I tried it on my wife's 486/120 with the same results.
Any idea how to fix this? I had always meant to make versions of the disk
images from Sunsite that were just straight byte images of the disk, since
Teledisk images are no use on all the DEC machines that could otherwise write
these disks, now I regret not doing it on one of my old machines...

John Wilson
D Bit

Alexander R Svirsky

Feb 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/15/97

John Wilson (wil...@dbit.dbit.com) wrote:
: Am I the only one for whom Teledisk has broken? My DM III+ just revived long

: enough to run the test diskette (thanks, Lee!) to reformat the screwed-up hard
: disk, then I figured I'd grab the DM-101 images off of sunsite and make up
: some disks, but Teledisk (which worked fine on my previous machines) seems
: to go to sleep after the first time it touches the floppy drive (this is on
: a Cyrix 5x86/120). I tried it on my wife's 486/120 with the same results.

This happens to me too. I have found it to be an intermittant problem.
Sometimes if this happens I take a break and come back later and it will
work for a while longer. I have also found that some disk drives work
more reliably than others. My results vary every time.

Alex

--
Alexander R Svirsky N1PRW _______-~, University of Massachusetts
asvi...@student.umass.edu /_______ { __________Amherst__________