What CPUs are supported in the Dimension 8300?

William R. Walsh

Nov 14, 2007, 11:20:28 PM11/14/07
Hello all...

I'm thinking of a CPU upgrade for my Dim8300. It's a long story...but I'd
like to know what socket is present and what CPUs are supported?

William

S.Lewis

Nov 14, 2007, 11:26:58 PM11/14/07

"William R. Walsh" <newsg...@idontwantjunqueemail.walshcomptech.com>
wrote in message news:gOP_i.201883$Fc.118005@attbi_s21...

Socket 478 P4 with 800mhz FSB. I'd suggest that you stay with a Northwood
CPU (512kb L2 cache) and not go to a Prescott chip (1mb cache). More heat
and generally poorer performance. I've owned 8300's with both the 3.0 and
3.2Ghz Northwoods and they both perform admirably:

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim8300/sm/specs.htm