Yooper's Addiction - may be cured...

Yooper

Apr 26, 2007, 7:48:23 PM4/26/07
Just hello. Read some postings. You guys are kinda making me
sleepy. I do want to know where to find Neal's letter to the editor,
tho.

Anywho, as for my addiction that brought me here. My patio and
kitchen window lie directly in the line of sight to watch all the
young surfer toys dress and undress as discreetly as possible inside
their truck doors. (Um, who invented THAT? Why not just get in the
truck, or is it 'showtime'?) So, after work, I just sit there having
a cold one watching the view. At first? Excellent! And then an
amazing thing happened...I yawned. There's only so much of that,
y'know? So I walked down and spent some time with the really
interesting folks - the surfers from waaay back and you know who you
are and laughed and enjoyed myself.

There's no moral here. Just killing the last 15 minutes of this
endless day.

Hope y'all are doing well.

FYI and I know nobody gives a sh$t, but dingdong is in Florida now,
deciding between treasure hunting (dried most of the treasure up in
San Diego) or hull cleaning or firefighting or being a emt guy. So
far, the new ball and chain's footin' the bill. Yup, Dingdong
endures.

L8R!

Mike Sullivan

Apr 26, 2007, 8:21:55 PM4/26/07

"Yooper" <abff...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

snip

> FYI and I know nobody gives a sh$t, but dingdong is in Florida now,
> deciding between treasure hunting (dried most of the treasure up in
> San Diego) or hull cleaning or firefighting or being a emt guy. So
> far, the new ball and chain's footin' the bill. Yup, Dingdong
> endures.

Are you kidding, Dingdong is our hero!

Maybe someone can get him to ride and sign the AS longboard.

BTW, rephrase it to 'dingdong abides...'
Has that Coen bros ring to it.

Surfer Bob

Apr 27, 2007, 11:23:28 AM4/27/07
Yooper <abff1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> ...At first? Excellent! And then an

> amazing thing happened...I yawned. There's only so much of that,
> y'know? So I walked down and spent some time with the really
> interesting folks - the surfers from waaay back and you know who you
> are and laughed and enjoyed myself.

AwoooOOO!!! Our Yoops is growing up.

> Hope y'all are doing well.

AwoooOOOO!!!! As well as a surfer can do in the doldrums of a southern
CA spring. On tap this weekend, it's a roadtrip to Oakland! Coming up
in June 18-22, it's a week of conferencing in San Diego. Change your
phone number before I call you up and ask you to meet me in
Margaritaville. Turby, BA, JVM? Take note!

> FYI and I know nobody gives a sh$t...

Oh but we do! We do! Dindong's our mascot and we love him so- from our
safely remote distance of course.

> ...deciding between treasure hunting (dried most of the treasure up in

> San Diego) or hull cleaning or firefighting or being a emt guy.

He'd be good at scraping barnacles off ship hulls! Less training and
way less thinking and being on time than required to be a good EMT. I
watched a very efficient team of EMTs respond in minutes and work like
a highly trained, finely tuned machine when a neighbor's ticker
stopped ticking in front of my house this month. There was no place
for slackers or stoners on that team.

> ...So far, the new ball and chain's footin' the bill...

All the career planning is the cover story. Remember? This is his real
job. And he is gainfully (sic) employed again!

> ... Yup, Dingdong endures.

Second Sully's note re cultural reference: Dindong ABIDES.

You sound bored without DIngdong's manufactured drama mucking up your
life. Maybe you should take up an exciting new hobby. How about
surfing?

Thanks for checking in, chica. You remain our very own AS wannabe surf
chick of the year. Be well.

Aloha,
Surfer Bob

Yooper

Apr 27, 2007, 11:49:47 AM4/27/07
On Apr 26, 5:21 pm, "Mike Sullivan" <s...@SNIPslac.stanford.edu>
wrote:
> "Yooper" <abff1...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

You're right! In fact, I thought about that on the way home last
night. Dingdong Abides. How true. How too true.

Yooper

Apr 27, 2007, 12:07:49 PM4/27/07

Yes, that's true and yup, I'm not so much bored as breathing better.
San Diego is Dingdong Free, but, you're right Dingdong Abides is the
proper term. Funny, I just got a request for a thousand dollars from
him. Guess the hull cleaning's not going so well. I said, SURE!
Just sign a note that says you'll pay me back in 60 days. Silencio.

Yooper

Apr 27, 2007, 12:37:59 PM4/27/07
> Just sign a note that says you'll pay me back in 60 days. Silencio.- Hide quoted text -

I DO want to know from you guys what's with the changing by the truck/
car thing with the damp towel and stuff after surfing. It's quite the
ballet. Sand? I suppose so.

Bill Andrews

Apr 27, 2007, 12:49:29 PM4/27/07
Yooper -

I invited your friend to enter the Sacred Kingdom of the Wine & Corner
People.

When do I get to see her again?

I'd even drag you and Rick around with us, just to get a second
chance!

BA
http://adaywithba.com/

Yooper

Apr 27, 2007, 1:18:28 PM4/27/07

She liked you too, BA. Told me so. This weekend looks promising and
then she's leaving on the 30th for SF. Really nice lady - she brought
me a bundt cake and St. Patrick's Day cookies and stuff. (And you
don't have to drag Rick and me around.)

ggcarroll

Apr 27, 2007, 1:21:09 PM4/27/07
Yooped pondered...

> I DO want to know from you guys what's with the changing by the truck/
> car thing with the damp towel and stuff after surfing. It's quite the
> ballet. Sand? I suppose so.-

It's not just guys, Yoops. I change by the car, too. Why go anywhere
else? You just need a big enough towel.

glenda

lp

Apr 27, 2007, 1:27:34 PM4/27/07
On Apr 27, 8:23 am, Surfer Bob <surferb...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> AwoooOOOO!!!! As well as a surfer can do in the doldrums of a southern
> CA spring. On tap this weekend, it's a roadtrip to Oakland! Coming up
> in June 18-22, it's a week of conferencing in San Diego. Change your
> phone number before I call you up and ask you to meet me in
> Margaritaville. Turby, BA, JVM? Take note!

bob,

are you stopping by the coast at all?
g's club is having a contest in santa cruz.
i'll be there sat/sun.
we have surf. 8'@14sec predicted.
Pre-1970 longboards weighing a minimum of 20 lbs, without leashes.....
what more could you ask for?

or swing by my coastal abode on the way out if you have time.
lp

Yooper

Apr 27, 2007, 1:27:48 PM4/27/07

You're absolutely right, and my sexist error there. However, I have
noticed that the girls bring bigger and thirstier towels. The guys
have these wimpy dinky things. And I suppose - where else is there to
go. But, personally, I'd do it in the back seat.

Bill Andrews

Apr 27, 2007, 2:25:12 PM4/27/07
Yooper -

Forget the thirsty towels - Stay out of Back Seats -

It seems the only way I can get in touch with the Yooper is thru this
stupid dating service -

Please give your friend my email address / phone #

I'm begging you!

BA

Yooper

Apr 27, 2007, 2:38:06 PM4/27/07
> > go. But, personally, I'd do it in the back seat.- Hide quoted text -

Begging, huh? Gee, this smells like what's-in-it-for-Yooper! I'll be
seeing her tonight, after work. I'll pass along the info - it'll
costya.

Turby

Apr 27, 2007, 3:30:44 PM4/27/07
On 27 Apr 2007 08:23:28 -0700, Surfer Bob <surfe...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Yooper <abff1...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Hope y'all are doing well.

Oh yeah. Surf's been good the last few days.

>AwoooOOOO!!!! As well as a surfer can do in the doldrums of a southern
>CA spring. On tap this weekend, it's a roadtrip to Oakland! Coming up
>in June 18-22, it's a week of conferencing in San Diego. Change your
>phone number before I call you up and ask you to meet me in
>Margaritaville. Turby, BA, JVM? Take note!

I think I'm going to be in Moab, Utah that week. Looking for horny
toads 'n such.

--
Turby the Turbosurfer

Yooper

Apr 27, 2007, 4:00:38 PM4/27/07
On Apr 27, 8:23 am, Surfer Bob <surferb...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Oh, I adore ya, SB! I will NOT change my phone number and please do
call. Do you still have it? I won't bag out this time and will be in
town then.

Bill Andrews

Apr 27, 2007, 4:16:46 PM4/27/07
> costya.- Hide quoted text -

I just got my big shot review - work related that is -

You name the $$$

I'll pay.

Surf related -

I don't know where you kids have been surfing, but in Barrio LJ we've
had decent to outstanding surf almost every day in April.

By the way - I just got a new board - Rusty Horny Toad - 6'4" EPS -

I love the styrofoam who needs urethane foam

BA

Yooper

Apr 27, 2007, 4:27:09 PM4/27/07
On Apr 27, 11:25 am, Bill Andrews <adaywit...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > go. But, personally, I'd do it in the back seat.- Hide quoted text -

Ok, DAD, I'll stay out of back seats. Are vans ok??? Got your
voicemail at lunch, BA. Don't worry. I'll talk to her as soon as I
see her, which won't be right away 'cause I just got an invite to go
to the Shack for a few after work, but I'm on the case.

Anyway, I KNOW THAT I AM NOW CURED because Dingdong got real quiet
when I said I'd give him $1k if he signed a note to pay it back. He
finally counter-offered with: If I have to sign a note why don't you
make it worth the paperwork. I could really use $4k for a truck. So,
I said ok. If it is co-signed by your girlfriend, who has a job. He
declined the offer because......he wants to do this on his own, i.e.,
girlfriend problems already. I'm really proud of myself. No sale.

Frankly, I couldn't have been this strong, this long without all of
you who have kicked my fanny non-stop. Huge assists from some of the
best. Thank you.

Bill Andrews

Apr 27, 2007, 4:59:14 PM4/27/07
> best. Thank you.- Hide quoted text -

First things first - Thank you for the introduction to your friend!

Secondly - I CANNOT believe that you would offer the Dong -
regardless of the size of his Ding - anything - much less 4 grand for
a truck - even if it were co-signed by GOD

Maybe you're just attempting to get on to Judge Judy's or People's
Court TV

Why don't you loan me the $$ - I need a new truck and a new lens -

- I'm running on empty and manual focus only -

- PLUS -

I ain't going nowhere and you can always find me somewhere in the
Barrio.

BA

Yooper

Apr 27, 2007, 5:27:45 PM4/27/07
> BA- Hide quoted text -

Geez, Bill, I never intended to give the dope any money at all. I
KNOW him. There is no way he even thinks of paying people back.

Hope things work out with my neighbor. She's a real character.
Almost as big a one as you are!

ggcarroll

Apr 27, 2007, 5:50:38 PM4/27/07

> Anyway, I KNOW THAT I AM NOW CURED because Dingdong got real quiet
> when I said I'd give him $1k if he signed a note to pay it back. He
> finally counter-offered with: If I have to sign a note why don't you
> make it worth the paperwork. I could really use $4k for a truck. So,
> I said ok. If it is co-signed by your girlfriend, who has a job. He
> declined the offer because......he wants to do this on his own, i.e.,
> girlfriend problems already. I'm really proud of myself. No sale.

I may have missed something here. But why even offer with a note or a
co-signer? Except that you could take him to court...but if he
doesn't have anything, he's got nothing to lose.

Just say, "no" with a smile or without, depending on how you feel.

ggc

Yooper

Apr 27, 2007, 6:17:18 PM4/27/07

Because that would be normal and this whole nightmare hasn't been
since day One. Totally my fault and I'll take it on the chin. But,
this was a safe mind-f#ck. And he had it coming. I'm allowed a
little revenge. His laziness and entitlement mentality are his
downfall every time. And it was fun to hear his excitement at the
possibility and then snatch it away. All quite sick, I know. I grew
up in a highly philanthropic family, so it's part of my make up to
look out for the less fortunate. I'm also from a small town and never
met a con artist before. Live and Learn. The real rub is how common
this is. I didn't even do anything creative. Amazing how many toys
there are out there. Overheard one just last night. "She'll take
care of the DMV thing for me. No worries."

Surfer Bob

Apr 28, 2007, 1:39:35 PM4/28/07
lp <l...@surfvid.com> wrote:
> are you stopping by the coast at all?
> g's club is having a contest in santa cruz.
> i'll be there sat/sun.
> we have surf. 8'@14sec predicted.
> Pre-1970 longboards weighing a minimum of 20 lbs, without leashes.....
> what more could you ask for?
>
> or swing by my coastal abode on the way out if you have time.
> lp

Hey lp,

That all sounds really fun, but my dance card is full this weekend. I
appreciate your kind invitation and should make another trip with
dedicated time for collecting AS points. The surf right now is
unexpectedly good for late April. The contest sounds cool. I surfed
with G's club guys last time they were through Rincon and they were
pretty cool guys.

I had a good local surf just before I headed north yesterday (Rincon
was really fun). That'll have to do me for this weekend.

Regards,
Surfer Bob

Surfer Bob

Apr 28, 2007, 1:50:14 PM4/28/07
Yooper <abff1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Oh, I adore ya, SB! I will NOT change my phone number and please do
> call. Do you still have it? I won't bag out this time and will be in
> town then.

Oh you sweet talker! P-mail me? I got in touch with you via Turby last
time and it sounds like I will miss him clean this time.

About surfer boys and their tiny towels. I'm not sure, but I suspect
the following:

Some are probably assuming that they are hot and that chicks are into
voyeurism.

But many are just feckless young guys who don't have their act
together enough to be classy changing in the parking lot- or in other
parts of their lives either. It hasn't occurred to them that one might
want to own a nice towel.

By contrast, old dude surfer style is functional, but often lacking in
mainstream style. My old friend Will Borgeson sewed a huge towel into
a kind of tunic. He looked kind of like Mr. Natural doing the parking
lot quick change.

Regards,
Surfer Bob

Turby

Apr 28, 2007, 2:41:36 PM4/28/07
On 27 Apr 2007 09:37:59 -0700, Yooper <abff...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I DO want to know from you guys what's with the changing by the truck/
>car thing with the damp towel and stuff after surfing. It's quite the
>ballet. Sand? I suppose so.

There is a long and varied history of men wearing skirts.

http://www.kiltmen.com/world.htm

I own a variety of longyis, lavalavas, pareus, and sulus I've acquired
around the world. They are incredibly versatile and useful around the
beach and in the tropics. I also have a caftan, and I think a
djellabah, (like what Borgeson made, I think,) would be great in
colder climates.

A beach towel serves well as a longyi, and if tied properly, should
not come loose. Any surfer who can't keep it together when he changes
is either a klutz, or just doesn't care that people might make fun of
his tiny weenie shriveled by cold water.

All the lady swimmers at the Cove are particularly adept at discreet
changing with a towel. If you spend much time at the beach, it's a
skill you must learn.

--
Turby the Turbosurfer

lp

Apr 28, 2007, 11:13:39 PM4/28/07

no problem, just thought an invitation was in order.
it was a fun day today.
sometimes the flatness of surfing contests heirarchy is amazing.
i think on one heat world champ lb cj nelson was surfing against g.
it's a kick in the pants;-)
no other sport like it.

lp

Kev

Apr 29, 2007, 9:32:49 PM4/29/07
Yooper <abff...@yahoo.com> writes:

> However, I have
> noticed that the girls bring bigger and thirstier towels. The guys
> have these wimpy dinky things.

I remember magazine ads years ago for a full length thing that hung
from a draw-string around your neck - a sort of cross between poncho,
burqa and shower curtain (but made of towelling). Practical, but much
too daggy for anyone to actually wear. The towel dance, with or
without unintentional penie flash, is more traditional.

Surf content: Clean offshore decreasing swell last couple of days.
Got the odd small one around high tide, but today has dropped to
almost flat (and probably going to be dead flat tomorrow).

shaft®

Apr 30, 2007, 2:07:42 PM4/30/07
On Apr 28, 10:50 am, Surfer Bob <surferb...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> About surfer boys and their tiny towels. I'm not sure, but I suspect
> the following:
>
> Some are probably assuming that they are hot and that chicks are into
> voyeurism.

<eye roll>
Mebbe they just don't don't care one way or the other?

It's just the human bod, sugarplumb.

You keep jerking your neck around the parking lot like dat
and you're liable to get whiplash.

> By contrast, old dude surfer style is functional, but often lacking in
> mainstream style. My old friend Will Borgeson sewed a huge towel into
> a kind of tunic. He looked kind of like Mr. Natural doing the parking
> lot quick change.

Gay.

OBsurfr

May 1, 2007, 10:44:59 PM5/1/07

"Bill Andrews" <adayw...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I thought this was Alt.surfing not "Days of Our Lives" soap opera.

Floyd

Surff

May 2, 2007, 8:36:11 AM5/2/07
On May 1, 10:44 pm, "OBsurfr" <g.barn...@cox.net> wrote:
> "Bill Andrews" <adaywit...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Floyd-

Yeah, let's take it out of the soap opera style. The chick in Point
Break had it wired.
She had a good surf, saved a kook's life that was from Columbus, Ohio,
and then
just like clockwork she changed clothes with a towel and the car door
as the changing room.

Surff

Yooper

May 2, 2007, 11:40:50 PM5/2/07
On May 1, 7:44 pm, "OBsurfr" <g.barn...@cox.net> wrote:
> "Bill Andrews" <adaywit...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Floyd- Hide quoted text -

aNY
I love it when you guys get edgy. It's SO hot. And I do enjoy
Turby's wrap style thing goin'. You can flex all you like, it's
enjoyable. Ok, so we're incurable. Thanks.

Surfer Bob

May 3, 2007, 1:46:57 PM5/3/07
shaft® <o...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Gay.

No, dead.

shaft®

May 7, 2007, 2:50:57 PM5/7/07
On May 3, 10:46 am, Surfer Bob <surferb...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> No, dead.

When did he die?

Mike Sullivan

May 7, 2007, 4:53:15 PM5/7/07

"shaftŽ" <op...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> On May 3, 10:46 am, Surfer Bob <surferb...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> No, dead.
>
> When did he die?

Get off those drugs girlfriend.
Or else get something else for the alzheimer's.

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=borgeson+suicide+shaft+alt.surfing&qt_s=Search

shaft®

May 7, 2007, 6:14:31 PM5/7/07
On May 7, 1:53 pm, "Mike Sullivan" <s...@SNIPslac.stanford.edu> wrote:
> Get off those drugs girlfriend.
> Or else get something else for the alzheimer's.

Whats up sally?

Your cell phone run out of juice this morning?

Mike Sullivan

May 7, 2007, 6:59:33 PM5/7/07

> On May 7, 1:53 pm, "Mike Sullivan" <s...@SNIPslac.stanford.edu> wrote:

snip

> Your cell phone run out of juice this morning?

no, why, did you finally call?

shaft®

May 7, 2007, 7:47:31 PM5/7/07
On May 7, 3:59 pm, "Mike Sullivan" <s...@SNIPslac.stanford.edu> wrote:
> no, why, did you finally call?

No why, did you finally get that boob job?

Mike Sullivan

May 7, 2007, 8:46:14 PM5/7/07

> On May 7, 3:59 pm, "Mike Sullivan" <s...@SNIPslac.stanford.edu> wrote:
>> no, why, did you finally call?
>
> No why, did you finally get that boob job?

Not me, girlfriend, but I heard you like your
men kinda soggy up top, as long as their
tits aren't bigger'n yours.