Rescued by Shell People after Wipe Out

the shell guy

Dec 16, 2006, 11:26:57 AM12/16/06
I cordially invite you all to view my "shell people" at
http://www.terrysbeachhouse.com , if you have a few minutes.

These are my own creations, and might put a smile on your face, and you
might even find a very ! unique gift for a loved one too !.

Please no spam...... I'm not a business, just a guy who makes these
collectables in his spare time, and thought you might enjoy them

-=-= The Shell Guy =-=-

SurfSarge

Dec 16, 2006, 1:05:04 PM12/16/06
Normally I would frown on someone pimping stuff here but that's some
cool lookn stuff..

Turby

Dec 16, 2006, 4:15:39 PM12/16/06
On 16 Dec 2006 10:05:04 -0800, "SurfSarge" <surf...@stoned.com>
wrote:

>Normally I would frown on someone pimping stuff here but that's some
>cool lookn stuff..

unh, sorry. It IS pimping, and it IS some unholy tacky crap. I just
made a stop at a local thrift shop and they didn't have anything that
stupid. It's more apropos in a mental institution crafts center. On
top of that, the guy is in Arizona, and has probably never been close
to real surf, much less riding it.

Off Topic, Unsolicited, Commercial Garbage.

(I hope I didn't offend your Jersey sensibilities. ;-))

--
Turby the Turbosurfer

the shell guy

Dec 16, 2006, 4:48:10 PM12/16/06

Thanx Sarge......

I just thought you guys would enjoy these........ I don't really care
if I sell one or not ( the whole website was my buddies idea )

the shell guy

Dec 16, 2006, 4:53:42 PM12/16/06
Your right... growing up in LA... it gets hard to see the ocean thru
the smog--- thats why I moved to Arizona !!

I used to surf..... and miss it .... but thats life ........ yo
dude.... there are two of my "shell people" surfing, if you looked
around the site ( the slideshow )

I posted the message, for you to enjoy the creations.... I could give a
rats ash, if ya buy one..... it's just a hobby

-=-= the Shell Guy =-=-

SurfSarge

Dec 16, 2006, 5:10:39 PM12/16/06
Wow Turbster like give the fella at least half a break.. it is
handcrafted...I like that kinda stuff.. really creative..btw did I tell
ya I can give a rats ass about NJ? I live in NC now my friend!LoL!

Feigel

Dec 16, 2006, 5:40:37 PM12/16/06
On 16 Dec 2006 13:48:10 -0800, "the shell guy"
<shel...@terrysbeachhouse.com> magnanimously proffered:

I agree with Mr Sarge and enjoyed seeing your clever creations. And
I'm glad the negative comments don't bother you. I've just turned 65
and some of the grumpy old grumblers on this ng make me feel young.
Cowabunga ...

--

"One thing I like about surfing, you don't have to win to be a winner." - Terry "Tubesteak" Tracey

Wax-up and drop-in on Surfing's Golden Years: http://www.surfwriter.net

SurfSarge

Dec 16, 2006, 6:34:38 PM12/16/06
I enjoyed Feigel's Fables good stuff...

Feigel

Dec 16, 2006, 8:58:50 PM12/16/06
On 16 Dec 2006 15:34:38 -0800, "SurfSarge" <surf...@stoned.com>
magnanimously proffered:

>I enjoyed Feigel's Fables good stuff...

Thanks for that. I bet the Shell People helped me write them ...

SurfSarge

Dec 16, 2006, 9:02:25 PM12/16/06
Ahh The lil Shell Peeps...LoL

The Supreme Court

Dec 16, 2006, 10:38:56 PM12/16/06

the shell guy wrote:
> Your right... growing up in LA... it gets hard to see the ocean thru
> the smog--- thats why I moved to Arizona !!
>
> I used to surf..... and miss it .... but thats life ........ yo
> dude.... there are two of my "shell people" surfing, if you looked
> around the site ( the slideshow )

If you used to surf then you never did!

Bada Bing!

One of, if not my favorite, AS lines! (credit to Shaft)

shaft®

Dec 16, 2006, 11:33:31 PM12/16/06
SurfSarge wrote:
> Normally I would frown on someone pimping stuff here but that's some
> cool lookn stuff..

They would go well on the dashboard of your camero.

SurfSarge

Dec 17, 2006, 7:59:30 AM12/17/06
I was thinking he could make a Bong for you..or maybe a Konk you could
fit your fist into for those knar nights when you have a date over!
Please check your spelling also it's not camero it's camaro.

the shell guy

Dec 17, 2006, 4:12:15 PM12/17/06

On Dec 17, 5:59 am, "SurfSarge" <surfsa...@stoned.com> wrote:
> I was thinking he could make a Bong for you..or maybe a Konk you could

>snip<

Sorry Sarge........ no more bonging for this guy.... good God, if was
still bong'n at 50, I can't imagine what I'd be making !!.... so I'll
just stay with the loonitic looking shell people LOL

SurfSarge

Dec 17, 2006, 5:37:03 PM12/17/06
I was hoping to still be bongn at 50..

The Supreme Court

Dec 17, 2006, 6:12:42 PM12/17/06

The subject line says everything we need to know.

Yooper

Dec 19, 2006, 5:08:51 PM12/19/06

I just stopped by to wish those I know a Happy New Year and Holidays
and all that and found this thread. (AGAIN, a thousand apologies to SB
and Turby and BA for my disappearing act. Won't happen again - ever.)

Anyway, are these shell people for real? If so, I'm actually thinking
of buying one for a xmas present for somebody, but I don't want to get
ripped off. They're so bad they're good.

Surfer Bob

Dec 19, 2006, 7:13:34 PM12/19/06
Yooper wrote:
> I just stopped by to wish those I know a Happy New Year and Holidays
> and all that and found this thread. (AGAIN, a thousand apologies to SB
> and Turby and BA for my disappearing act. Won't happen again - ever.)

Ahem... I'm not one to hold grudges, but I know a blow-off when I see
one. Thank you for the holiday wishes. I will file you under FLAKE
until that fine day when I see your smiling face over a pitcher of
margaritas.

> ...They're so bad they're good.

I'll say. Here's one of Shaft!
http://www.terrysbeachhouse.com/items/1004/a.html

Shelldude, this is some goofy shit but you are definitely PIMPING. AS
is not the place for this. Don't EVEN get huffy with us. Take it to
some travelling holiday craft fair. One just blew through my town and I
met a chick who makes a surprisingly good living making and selling
ornaments out of goose eggs that are less creative than your stuff.

And for the record, I went through a lot of pics of your shell, um,
*art* and saw no surfers at all. Shame on you if that statement was
just a ploy to get me to look at your pics twice.

Surfer Bob

Yooper

Dec 19, 2006, 7:21:45 PM12/19/06

Not a FLAKE, Surfer Bob! Just kinda got distracted a lot that time.
I'll send you a picture of myself with my new shell people friends over
a whole bunch of margaritas. Does that begin the mending process?

And shell people-maker-guy? SB's right. I looked for the surfer shell
peeps and nada. Not cool 'cause I want to buy one for a surfer friend
of mine. He wants one for the dash of his VW van. So, phase 2....get
busy.

the shell guy

Dec 20, 2006, 5:57:50 PM12/20/06

Surfer Bob wrote:

> And for the record, I went through a lot of pics of your shell, um,
> *art* and saw no surfers at all. Shame on you if that statement was
> just a ploy to get me to look at your pics twice.
>
> Surfer Bob

They are in the slideshow Bob.... tghe slideshow has about 20 other
"shell people" doing things, that I made for Xmas gifts this year (
like I always have )

Never have tried to sell any of these before.... and to all you that
got offended by my original post .... VERY SORRY ..... I'm new at the
Usenet, and learning, so it won't happen again here...... never meant
to spam or offend anyone.

This newsgroup had to do with the sea and people who hang out there, so
I thought.... what the heck.... lets see what some surfers think of
this stuff

The shell guy

SurfSarge

Dec 20, 2006, 10:58:08 PM12/20/06
Thanks buddy..Unlike other Pimp's they just Pimp their stuff and split
at least your hangn around...I still think your stuff is unique...

porl

Dec 21, 2006, 12:49:23 AM12/21/06

I'm not offended by it. But since you took the time to put the site
together and politely ask what people think of it then the least people
could do is reciprocate and give you that thought: It's rubbish. I'm
crap at my hobbies too, hence I sympathise. Mind you, I also don't try
charging people for the sad results I produce but that's just me.