Turn on the heat!!!

Hang 11

Aug 29, 2003, 11:53:20 AM8/29/03
Geez. Went out for a quick sesh thoday in Huntington. Wore my spring suit.
MISTAKE!!! The water was 56 DEGREES!!!! What is going on? What happened to
our warm water earlier this summer?

Winter has arrived early in southern Cal.

Hang 11 .. SHRINKAGE!!!

td

Aug 29, 2003, 11:59:11 AM8/29/03

I drove down yesterday, saw the red tide and declined the clean peaky
swell.

Have you noticed the water is considerably dirtier this year too?
Reminds me of LB harbor 10 years ago.

I just might fire up those relocation plans again.
td

Hang 11

Aug 29, 2003, 12:19:09 PM8/29/03
Yep. I have. With a few days of 10' visibility, most other days the water
has been murky. The red tide over the last few days has really make it ugly.

Hey, at least the stingrays are gone.

Hang 11..watch where you step.

Awe F'shore

Aug 29, 2003, 4:44:37 PM8/29/03

"Hang 11" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote in message

Caught it again on the tide push north of the cove, some fun peaky wind
swell. Red-brown faces, a bunch of snotty looking foam floating around.
Trunked it in the warm sun, a definite chill on the skin. Chill faded due to
the consistent jacking peaks.

Had fun on a hybrid sans center fin, surfing the rails.

Awe
<goin' rail to rail on this crazy train>
o. osborne modified

Paul Richardson

Aug 29, 2003, 5:42:44 PM8/29/03
Hmmmmm, no center fin, sounds like my rocket fish

phantomdelaopera

Aug 29, 2003, 9:21:43 PM8/29/03
"Hang 11" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote in message

...quick sesh ...

"Hang 11", we understand you went in the ocean without using a trendy
piece of garbage like ..."quick sesh".... Please stop, you sound like
a stupid skateboarder, dude!

> Geez. Surfed today at Huntington. Wore my spring suit.

Hang 11

Aug 29, 2003, 10:48:03 PM8/29/03

"faggotofoprah" <phanto...@netscape.net> wrote in message

> "Hang 11" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote in message
>
> ...quick sesh ...
>
> "Hang 11", we understand you went in the ocean without using a trendy
> piece of garbage like ..."quick sesh".... Please stop, you sound like
> a stupid skateboarder, dude!

Golly...I am reallly sorry if I am too hip for you.

Here, lets try again.

"I went out in the ocean for a rapid session."

There, is that better?

Please tell all of your friends in Pasadena that I am really sorry for the
poor use of verbs.

Hang 11 just for a quick "SESH"
SESH SESH SESH SESH SESH SESH SESH
SESH SESH SESH SESH SESH SESH SESH
SESH SESH SESH SESH SESH SESH SESH

msdII

Aug 30, 2003, 2:02:01 PM8/30/03
"Hang 11" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote in message

> > ...quick sesh ...

> > "Hang 11", we understand you went in the ocean without using a trendy

> > piece of garbage such as ..."quick sesh".... Please stop, you sound like

> > a stupid skateboarder, dude!
>
> Golly...I am reallly sorry if I am too hip for you.
> Here, lets try again.
> "I went out in the ocean for a rapid session."
> There, is that better?
> Please tell all of your friends in Pasadena that I am really sorry for the

> inadequate use of verbs.

> SESH SESH SESH SESH SESH SESH SESH SESH SESH SESH SESH SESH SESH SESH SESH

> SESH SESH SESH SESH SESH SESH SESH SESH SESH SESH SESH SESH SESH SESH SESH

Only too hip guys remember Frazier Smith.

stugats

DMan

Aug 30, 2003, 6:00:07 PM8/30/03
"Hang 11" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<QFK3b.341$HG1....@twister.socal.rr.com>...

Come up to chilly San Francisco and you'll change your name to Hang 5.5.

Awe F'shore

Aug 30, 2003, 7:37:18 PM8/30/03
The way the water temps are fluctuating around here, the hang factor changes
as often as the tide swings.

Today: 63 with pockets of very warm on the outside.
Red & ugly by day, phosphorescent & trippy by night.

Awe
<from marbles to mangos>

"DMan" <jdmc...@msn.com> wrote in message

Hang 11

Aug 30, 2003, 9:08:30 PM8/30/03
Actually, I first learned to surf in SF. Drakes Bay if memory serves. I
didn't see my weiner for a week after that.That was b/4 wetsuits.

After that, I spent most of my time at the river mouth in Santa Cruz. That
was the only warm water to be had in March.

> Come up to chilly San Francisco and you'll change your name to Hang 5.5.

Too Funny!!!

Hang 11

Sep 1, 2003, 12:54:43 PM9/1/03
Today, Monday, the surf is slightly better, but the water has warmed to
about 65 or so. The red tide is gone as well.

I wonder if there is some sort of relationship between red tide and colder
water?

More surf on Tuesday.

Hang 11, warm and toasty

Awe F'shore

Sep 1, 2003, 7:24:46 PM9/1/03

> Today, Monday, the surf is slightly better, but the water has warmed to
> about 65 or so. The red tide is gone as well.
>
> I wonder if there is some sort of relationship between red tide and colder
> water?
>
> More surf on Tuesday.
>
> Hang 11, warm and toasty

Red tide still in the vicinity, just hanging offshore until north end of
Bolsa, then at shore zone from there north into Seal. Moved inshore a couple
of times at Cove late morning. Some fun sets on the building SW. Grabbed a
fun left in the green, it was red by the time I kicked out.

65 degree red fingers. Tomorrow should be the day. No work.

Awe