Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, Over?- ASKOTY

The Supreme Court

Jan 5, 2007, 8:57:32 PM1/5/07
What happened?

SKIPPER

Jan 5, 2007, 10:35:48 PM1/5/07

The Supreme Court wrote:
> What happened?

Cyber kook nominates for his sell-outs
Foon nominated for his Thermi meltdown
GP2k crew nominated for failing to surf precious at OBX

Waiting for vote to be called, surferblob (and therefore
his profiles also) MIA in 2007 thus far. Perhaps we oughta just
get the ball rolling. Votes in order, with instant runoff, top
ranked candidate is your choice for ASKOTY, all votes must
be posted to the NG.

1) Foon - my choice for ASKOTY for his Thermi love affair
2) GP2k crew
3) Cyber kook

-PA

Cyber Kahuna

Jan 5, 2007, 10:59:30 PM1/5/07

"SKIPPER" <blak...@gmail.com> wrote in message

1) CyberKahuna - For trying to gather some interest in the dying NG. What a
Kook move that was.

2) Foon - For never-ever-never flaming the above. However, I will never
forget the article he wrote in his famous "Foon Droppings" about 100 years
ago.

3) Shaft - Yes, shrinkage does effect the brain.

Tony Malasadas

Jan 5, 2007, 11:07:04 PM1/5/07
"SKIPPER" wrote:
> 1) Foon - my choice for ASKOTY for his Thermi love affair
> 2) GP2k crew
> 3) Cyber kook

My choices:
1 Foon
2 GP2k clowns
3 Preston (just for being Preston)

Todd gets my nomination for "lifetime achievement".
His consistent cluelessness and lack of self-awareness,
combined with outright stupidity like no photos when
he was handed a camera, puts him in a league with the
likes of Gleshna. Difference being, Gleshna may have
actually learned the *basics* of surfing at some point in
his life.

--x--
Tony

The Supreme Court

Jan 6, 2007, 11:57:59 AM1/6/07

Tony Malasadas wrote:
> "SKIPPER" wrote:
> > 1) Foon - my choice for ASKOTY for his Thermi love affair
> > 2) GP2k crew
> > 3) Cyber kook
> >

> My choices:
> 1 Foon
> 2 GP2k clowns
> 3 Preston (just for being Preston)

My votes:

1) Foon - idea just taken too far.
2) GP2k crew - no surf the presciouss? I surfed it in two states!
3) Alvin - lest we forget about AS Prodigy and Larrypremature

Past Winners:

2005: Todd
2004: TEAM Longboard (...todd, Awe, Foon, JVM, Paul, Rod, SurffOhio)
2003: Rick Ciaccio
2002: Alvin Donovan
2001: Carson XP
2000: FleK
1999: SurfGEO
1998: WNF111
1997: DDaniel
1996: palo spielvogel

Foon

Jan 6, 2007, 2:27:21 PM1/6/07
The Supreme Court says...

>My votes:
>
>1) Foon - idea just taken too far.

You think so?

If I win ASKOTY I will flood this ng with a thousand thermi pics. Just to make
sure.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a358/wfover/thermos/rodtherm3a.jpg

-Foon

SKIPPER

Jan 6, 2007, 5:58:31 PM1/6/07

what made you cringe and remove the other 50 pics of Thermi?

-PA

The Supreme Court

Jan 6, 2007, 6:23:03 PM1/6/07

SKIPPER wrote:

> Foon wrote:
> >
> > If I win ASKOTY I will flood this ng with a thousand thermi pics. Just to make
> > sure.
> > http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a358/wfover/thermos/rodtherm3a.jpg
> >
> > -Foon
>
> what made you cringe and remove the other 50 pics of Thermi?
>
> -PA

No doubt. Removing them had shades of the beatles song episode.

Foon for 06!

Foon

Jan 7, 2007, 12:17:59 AM1/7/07
SKIPPER says...

>what made you cringe and remove the other 50 pics of Thermi?

space, I have limited room on photobucket and I needed the space for all the
golf pics I have.

-Foon

Foon

Jan 7, 2007, 12:20:15 AM1/7/07
The Supreme Court says...

>No doubt. Removing them had shades of the beatles song episode.

I'll put 'em all back up and post links to the ng if you'll host the space.

=Foon

The Supreme Court

Jan 7, 2007, 7:08:13 AM1/7/07

Golf pics? How exciting!

Re: Perplexing photobucket issue: Just create another account or put
them up on ofoto.com or use another service or...."let it be, let it be"

SKIPPER

Jan 7, 2007, 7:24:16 AM1/7/07

I went through and dug out the posts with Thermi pics in
them. As you might recall, a lot of the posts had many picture
links. Some with Thermi, some without.

Many of the other pics were still there. EVERY Thermi pic
was selectively removed. It was definitely the second stage
of melt-down.

-PA

Dennis

Jan 7, 2007, 11:23:57 AM1/7/07

My vote:

1) GP2k crew - mass ASKOTYotomy.
2) Foon - that was funny, actually.
3) Cyber kook - dunno

Foon

Jan 7, 2007, 2:43:36 PM1/7/07
SKIPPER says...

>I went through and dug out the posts with Thermi pics in
>them. As you might recall, a lot of the posts had many picture
>links. Some with Thermi, some without.
>
>Many of the other pics were still there. EVERY Thermi pic
>was selectively removed. It was definitely the second stage
>of melt-down.

Wrong again asshat. I deleted an entire Thermi Album from photobucket.
Selectivity was not an issue, space was. Tell me which ones you miss the most
(I'll bet you liked the Marti Gras one best) and I send you copies.

-Foon

SKIPPER

Jan 7, 2007, 2:48:17 PM1/7/07

Send me ALL your thermi pics, I will host them. That will
free up lots of room for pictures of the squirrels in
your backyard and plates of buffalo wings.

blakestah AT gmail DOT com

-PA

lp

Jan 7, 2007, 2:50:26 PM1/7/07
i've been away for awhile, but it looks as though the polling has not
closed yet.

1. gp2k - especially rod and foon for not surfing the damn airplane
wing. the rest of the lot for same (though rod and foon took pics with
a board that they were too scared to go out in the water with. frigin
princesses!

2. cyber kook. cause he wants it.

3. me for not getting out in the water enough this winter.

lp

Foon

Jan 7, 2007, 4:59:18 PM1/7/07
lp says...

>1. gp2k - especially rod and foon for not surfing the damn airplane
>wing.
I wasn't at the gp and I bodyboard. I only post pictures of thermoses.

-Foon

Awe F'shore

Jan 8, 2007, 12:52:40 AM1/8/07

"SKIPPER" <blak...@gmail.com> wrote in message

My vote is for GP2k crew for not surfing the longboard when there was plenty
of waves in the water.
Awe

lp

Jan 8, 2007, 3:28:16 AM1/8/07

i still consider you part of the gp2k, regardless whether you went or
not.
first, you are part of the committee, organization, governing body of
that fest annually.
second and most important, you and rippin rod posed with the board
without surfing it.
third, you think that since you bodyboard, it's an either/or thing.
fourth, we've got pics of you and the plate 'o wings from the years
prior.
you are not, imho, koty. but part of a kooky endevour that this year
has taken the cake.
therefore i am grouping you in with the whole non-precious surfing run
down the ec of that time.

lp

SKIPPER

Jan 8, 2007, 7:04:15 AM1/8/07

Its looking like a barn burner of a vote!

-PA

Foon

Jan 8, 2007, 7:51:29 AM1/8/07
lp says...

>therefore i am grouping you in with the whole non-precious surfing run
>down the ec of that time.

Sorry you have to waste your time on this nonsense lp. There are more important
things wrong with this ng than whether I spent 10 hours of my time transporting
a surfboard from Jersey to Maryland.

-Foon

Foon

Jan 8, 2007, 7:53:11 AM1/8/07
SKIPPER says...

>Send me ALL your thermi pics, I will host them.

That'll be $500. I'll take paypal.

dag...@sbcglobal.net

Jan 8, 2007, 9:03:13 AM1/8/07

SKIPPER wrote:
> snip> GP2k crew nominated for failing to surf precious at OBX

...the horror of it all!
Bunch of W. coast, jaded, mamby-pambies....whaa crowds, longboards,
b-boards, fun boards surfcams, surf forecasts, surf bb's and this and
that ruined surfing
I nominate the entire W. coast "scene" for ASKOTY...

http://www.photobuket/thermiupyours.com

Sea-ya

shaft®

Jan 8, 2007, 9:07:04 AM1/8/07
Foon wrote:
> Sorry you have to waste your time on this nonsense lp. There are more important
> things wrong with this ng than whether I spent 10 hours of my time transporting
> a surfboard from Jersey to Maryland.

All you have is time, superstar.

Looks like you may win it all this yr!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS NG?

Tom Tweed

Jan 8, 2007, 10:24:09 AM1/8/07
On 8 Jan 2007 06:07:04 -0800, "shaftŽ" <op...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS NG?

What is wrong with this NG is that there was not enough committed
kookiness this past year.

The field is too thin and lacking in true lamebrain, imbecilic
talent, IMHO, and I respectfully decline to vote for any ASKOTY
for 2006. None of the candidates are sufficiently qualified, and
cannot compare to past recipients.

TT
---------------------------------
Tom Tweed email: twe...@ucsd.edu or
La Jolla, CA, USA mailto:ttw...@san.rr.com
"There is more stupidity around than hydrogen and it has a longer
shelf life." -Frank Zappa

Foon

Jan 8, 2007, 11:26:59 AM1/8/07
sparky wades in/

hehehe, as soon as I hit send on that message I thought, "Won't be long before
sparkypants puts down the coffee bong and wades in with his 2 cents." I'm gonna
have to put stop watch on you brah! You want a Thermi pic too? How 'bout just a
pic of the sweet note you sent me?

-foon

Foon

Jan 8, 2007, 11:29:36 AM1/8/07
Tom Tweed says...

>What is wrong with this NG is that there was not enough committed
>kookiness this past year.
>
>The field is too thin and lacking in true lamebrain, imbecilic
>talent, IMHO, and I respectfully decline to vote for any ASKOTY
>for 2006. None of the candidates are sufficiently qualified, and
>cannot compare to past recipients.

I second the motion!!!

(Not lamebrain and imbecilic ENOUGH???!!! Maybe sparky will hold a seminar!!)

-Foon

Turby

Jan 8, 2007, 12:08:31 PM1/8/07
On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 07:24:09 -0800, Tom Tweed <ttw...@san.rr.com>
wrote:

>On 8 Jan 2007 06:07:04 -0800, "shaft®" <op...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS NG?
>
>What is wrong with this NG is that there was not enough committed
>kookiness this past year.
>
>The field is too thin and lacking in true lamebrain, imbecilic
>talent, IMHO, and I respectfully decline to vote for any ASKOTY
>for 2006. None of the candidates are sufficiently qualified, and
>cannot compare to past recipients.

Dittos. Even Cyberkook's effort was too lame to annoint.

--
Turby the Turbosurfer

Cyber Kahuna

Jan 8, 2007, 12:26:14 PM1/8/07

"Foon" <fo...@removenewsguy.com> wrote in message

Where is Gleshna when we need him?

Cyber Kahuna

Jan 8, 2007, 12:37:37 PM1/8/07

"shaftŽ" <op...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Well, I think this NG has gone the way of a rest home.
The younger set have moved on to other NG. This NG in particular reminds me
of the old county store, with just a few old, unshaven, pot bellied, grumpy
guys in plaid shirts sitting on their arses, doing nothing but bitch about
anything and everything.

This collection of old geezers begins to smell, and frankly, no one wants to
be around the stench of a composite of Gold Bond, Vicks VaPo-Rub,
Denture-Grip and damp Depends.

Most have left the old country store for the likes of WalMart.

Me too.

td

Jan 8, 2007, 1:19:44 PM1/8/07

Just a geographical oddity...two weeks from everywhere.

td

Andy

Jan 8, 2007, 1:58:30 PM1/8/07

SKIPPER wrote:
> The Supreme Court wrote:
> > What happened?
>
> Cyber kook nominates for his sell-outs
> Foon nominated for his Thermi meltdown
> GP2k crew nominated for failing to surf precious at OBX
>
> Waiting for vote to be called, surferblob (and therefore
> his profiles also) MIA in 2007 thus far. Perhaps we oughta just
> get the ball rolling. Votes in order, with instant runoff, top
> ranked candidate is your choice for ASKOTY, all votes must
> be posted to the NG.
>
> 1) Foon - my choice for ASKOTY for his Thermi love affair
> 2) GP2k crew
> 3) Cyber kook
>
> -PA

1) Have to nominate the GP crew as the ASKOTY material. They have the
LB and don't surf it but go on ahead and sign the damn thing. By
proxy Foon is also in the clan as him and Rod went to Fish-Poker reef
signed it and hit the road, the Fish-Poker went and surfed. Classic
kook move.

2) Foon for creeping me out completely with the constant photos of the
thermos.

3) CyberKook .... ?

Andy

Mike Sullivan

Jan 8, 2007, 2:25:55 PM1/8/07

"The Supreme Court" <distan...@aol.com> wrote in message
> What happened?

I vote for "no vote" this year.

I wonder if we can just defer the frontrunners this year to apply their
points for 2007. Give GP2K a chance to spend another long weekend together
and consequently file no trip reports!

Foon, I didn't consider the thermi stuff kook material at all, but the
flurry this week sure looks pretty good - especially the threats!!! :^)

Cyber-Kahuna's entry is really weak, who ever gets votes for saying this ng
is going downhill, or for posting something stupid and saying 'it's core'??

Foon

Jan 8, 2007, 3:53:48 PM1/8/07
Mike Sullivan says...

>Foon, I didn't consider the thermi stuff kook material at all, but the
>flurry this week sure looks pretty good - especially the threats!!! :^)

Well, thank you for noticing at least. I was trying to get David to sit up and
beg for Thermi pics and wag his tail. Truth is, I think I shit canned the
archive.
I was so dearly hoping you and Sparky would compare navel piercings and toenail
polish. What a bitter disappointment :(

-Foon

Surfer Bob

Jan 8, 2007, 5:08:21 PM1/8/07
> Tom Tweed says...
> >What is wrong with this NG is that there was not enough committed
> >kookiness this past year.

You got that right, bro. And now that Foon has seconded the nomination,
I can officially vote my conscience:

1) Nun of the Above (there was no world class kookery on AS in 2006)
http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2303731050053442186aSSxVf

2) GP2K crew (minus George. He at least paddled it in the bay). For
massively failing to observe appropriate Preciousssss AS Travelling
Longboard protocol, and massively failing to EVEN SURF during this
year's GP06.

3) You want world class kookery? Here's world class kookery: Dick
Cheney. For shooting his homeboy Harry in the face after drinking *one*
beer, and then intimidating Harry into apologizing for it. THIS is how
you do it, people! Alvin only wishes he'd thought of it first.

For the record, I *liked* the Thermi-fest. It was also the single most
popular thread of 2006 among the "under 8" crowd at my house.

AwooOOOO!!!
Surfer Bob

Tom Tweed

Jan 8, 2007, 5:19:18 PM1/8/07
On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 09:37:37 -0800, "Cyber Kahuna"

>This collection of old geezers begins to smell, and frankly, no one wants to

>be around the stench of a composite of Gold Bond, Vicks VaPo-Rub,
>Denture-Grip and damp Depends.

While you do have a valid nomination for 2006 ASKOTY, properly
seconded, this kind of late campaigning will not likely get you
any more votes, Ted. Juvenile insults are part and parcel of the
everyday activity here, and do not qualify as true kook-like
behavior. Besides, it's already 2007.

Being one of the few people here to have actually met you in
meatspace, I thought you were smarter than that, If you are
actually just trying to ramp up an early campaign for next year's
award, you're going to have to step it up a few notches.

TT

---------------------------------
Tom Tweed
La Jolla, CA, USA
"I have never been into Fashion, but I am totally into Style."
-- Kurt "da Mellow Cat" Ledterman
---------------------------------

Foon

Jan 8, 2007, 7:26:56 PM1/8/07
Surfer Bob says...

>For the record, I *liked* the Thermi-fest. It was also the single most
>popular thread of 2006 among the "under 8" crowd at my house.

Now the true believers start to emerge. Was that because you've actually held
the Thermi and recognize his power. Or did you let the kids picnic with him?

-Foon

Mike Sullivan

Jan 8, 2007, 7:45:06 PM1/8/07

"Foon" <fo...@removenewsguy.com> wrote in message

Indeed. I realized at breakfast after my swimout at Washington's version
of Manhattan Pier that I could have filed an outstanding trip report
if I'd stopped and took pics of the various places that pnw
ASers weren't.

I was outside Maddog's workplace in Oregon, at PNWK's surf spot,
and met Lemming's next amp queen ex-gf who runs a crack house
out of a motel on Aurora in N. Seattle,
I didn't get pics of those places.

shoulda woulda coulda is kookage, for sure.

Florida by 10 tonight, I dunno why. Maybe just to
piss off my buddy Surff!

Mike

SteveM

Jan 8, 2007, 8:17:13 PM1/8/07
Mike Sullivan wrote:

> Florida by 10 tonight, I dunno why. Maybe just to
> piss off my buddy Surff!

My ascii interpretation was failing me again, but only for a moment.
When you said "Florida by 10 tonight," I thought, with this being a
surfing newsgroup and all, that you meant you were going to fly to
Florida and be there by 10 for some surf. Now I realize, grant you,
that it may seem strange to go from the west coast to Fla for some surf,
but who knows? Sometimes the east coast gets better waves than the
west, and we *did* have a mean cold front push off today, so there are
some waves. Besides, I thought maybe Mike not only wanted some wavage,
but also wanted to jump start the trek of the behemoth longboard back to
the west coast. Ahhh, if we all could only be so optimistic and naive.

My true ascii interpretation fired back up from its momentary lapse
and I realized Sulli was just talking about the football game instead of
surfing. Oh well, such is life on this newsgroup. I'm not going to let
you down though. I'm going to tangentiate that thought, and as we speak
(er, type or read), I am ready to head out the door for the outer banks.
Previously said cold front is supposed to bring something, and
although it's probably not much better than what is expected in the
homefront, it's the adventure that counts. I have taken a day off from
school.

Hatteras (well, maybe Nags Head more realistically) by 10 tonight, I
dunno why. Maybe just to piss off all my buddies on AS. But more
importantly, maybe just to have fun.

Later,
Steve

Surff

Jan 8, 2007, 8:25:56 PM1/8/07

> > Tom Tweed says...
> > >What is wrong with this NG is that there was not enough committed
> > >kookiness this past year.

When Tom Tweed speaks, people listen. Especially Steve M. :-)

Surfer Bob wrote:
> For the record, I *liked* the Thermi-fest. It was also the single most
> popular thread of 2006 among the "under 8" crowd at my house.

Hey, I got a get well soon card from the Thermos!

> AwooOOOO!!!
> Surfer Bob

Surff

Dennis

Jan 8, 2007, 9:27:53 PM1/8/07

There's two types of people in this country. Those who live on the West
Coast, and those who want to live on the West Coast. Well, except for
those who live in Hawaii. OK, There's three types of people that live
in this country...

Surff

Jan 8, 2007, 9:45:09 PM1/8/07

SteveM wrote:
> Mike Sullivan wrote:
>

> > Florida by 10 tonight, I dunno why. Maybe just to
> > piss off my buddy Surff!
> >

> My ascii interpretation was failing me again, but only for a moment.
> When you said "Florida by 10 tonight," I thought, with this being a
> surfing newsgroup and all, that you meant you were going to fly to
> Florida and be there by 10 for some surf. Now I realize, grant you,
> that it may seem strange to go from the west coast to Fla for some surf,
> but who knows? Sometimes the east coast gets better waves than the
> west, and we *did* have a mean cold front push off today, so there are
> some waves. Besides, I thought maybe Mike not only wanted some wavage,
> but also wanted to jump start the trek of the behemoth longboard back to
> the west coast. Ahhh, if we all could only be so optimistic and naive.

Good grief, who cares!???? The biggest game all year is happening
tonight! And
at the moment we are behind!

Ohio 37 Florida 34

Surff

Cyber Kahuna

Jan 8, 2007, 10:07:42 PM1/8/07

"Tom Tweed" <ttw...@san.rr.com> wrote in message

> On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 09:37:37 -0800, "Cyber Kahuna"
>
>>This collection of old geezers begins to smell, and frankly, no one wants
>>be around the stench of a composite of Gold Bond, Vicks VaPo-Rub,
>>Denture-Grip and damp Depends.
>
> While you do have a valid nomination for 2006 ASKOTY, properly
> seconded, this kind of late campaigning will not likely get you
> any more votes, Ted. Juvenile insults are part and parcel of the
> everyday activity here, and do not qualify as true kook-like
> behavior. Besides, it's already 2007.
>
> Being one of the few people here to have actually met you in
> meatspace, I thought you were smarter than that, If you are
> actually just trying to ramp up an early campaign for next year's
> award, you're going to have to step it up a few notches.
>
> TT

Ok. Ok. I'll try to Kook it up a bit.

How's the crew down there?

SKIPPER

Jan 9, 2007, 7:09:49 AM1/9/07

Surfer Bob wrote:
> > Tom Tweed says...
> > >What is wrong with this NG is that there was not enough committed
> > >kookiness this past year.
>
> You got that right, bro. And now that Foon has seconded the nomination,
> I can officially vote my conscience:
>
> 1) Nun of the Above (there was no world class kookery on AS in 2006)

If there is not a good presidential candidate, do we vote none of the
above? Doesn't that amount to letting other people pick the president,
just refusing to be represented?

If there are not any true standout college football players, do they
neglect to award the Heisman?

There is a responsibility, an imperative on the voters,
to select this ASKOTY. It is a representation of a
standout in our field. A true representation of what one kook
can achieve with a keyboard and possibly a camera. Now,
maybe Bob Gleshna didn't do his pissbag and windsurfer
Great Lakes surf routine this year, maybe no one made it
from Chicago to Manhattan Beach faster than someone
from the valley, maybe there was no Texas flame war, or
imbecilic military right-wing rantings coming from
North Carolina, no background searches posted, or
people scamming longboards from the bleeding hearts
of the group, but there is an imperative to reach deep
within your heart and choose the BEST Kook of the Year,
even if you feel the level of kookery was not up to snuff.

What we have, are people who gathered in the name of
AS and signed the longboard but did not surf it despite
there being plenty of waves, s cyberkook, and our own
lovable Foon who decided to make a Thermos into a
camera image in a disturbingly over the top way (and
then melted down and removed all the evidence).

-PA

Foon

Jan 9, 2007, 7:59:31 AM1/9/07
Surff says...

>Ohio 37 Florida 34

Bwahahahahahahah!!!!

-Foon

Foon

Jan 9, 2007, 8:05:05 AM1/9/07
SKIPPER says...

> and our own
>lovable Foon who decided to make a Thermos into a
>camera image in a disturbingly over the top way (and
>then melted down and removed all the evidence).

Consider that David's thermos envy is equally disturbing and possibly
indickative of a more tumescent problem.

-Foon

SteveM

Jan 9, 2007, 8:37:39 PM1/9/07

Let's see. You criticize an attempt to bring surfing to the forefront
of a surfing newsgroup and say a football game is more important.
That's bad enough, but then you *really* top it off by making that
laughable prediction for the game.

It's too bad the ASKOTY nominations are closed, cuz this could be a good
one, but it's probably too early to carry through for all of 2007 and
will likely be forgotten. Oh well. (And yes, I know you were mostly
being funny, cuz in my heart I know you're funny, so the aforementioned
goes along with an implied smiley)

By the way, got to the outer banks as predicted. Spent more time
searching for the best wave than actual surfing. Even went all the way
to Ocracoke. Doing that was a waste for surf, but as implied, the
search was half the fun. The lighthouse turned out the best.

A little sectiony and about waste to chest high, but form was good.

Sweet.

*Tons* of dolphin, but no other humans, sharing the waves.

Stoked.

Crystal-clear blue skies without any hint of a cloud for most of the day.

Blessed.

Later,
Steve

Mike Sullivan

Jan 9, 2007, 3:33:29 PM1/9/07

"Surff" <surf...@aol.com> wrote in message

snip

> Good grief, who cares!???? The biggest game all year is happening
> tonight! And
> at the moment we are behind!

Did the OSU team miss the plane?

That's rough, to be from Ohio and have no surf AND get crushed in the
national championship.

Surff

Jan 9, 2007, 10:31:35 PM1/9/07

SteveM wrote:
> Surff wrote:
> > SteveM wrote:

> >> My ascii interpretation was failing me again, but only for a moment.
> >> When you said "Florida by 10 tonight," I thought, with this being a
> >> surfing newsgroup and all, that you meant you were going to fly to
> >> Florida and be there by 10 for some surf. Now I realize, grant you,
> >> that it may seem strange to go from the west coast to Fla for some surf,
> >> but who knows? Sometimes the east coast gets better waves than the
> >> west, and we *did* have a mean cold front push off today, so there are
> >> some waves. Besides, I thought maybe Mike not only wanted some wavage,
> >> but also wanted to jump start the trek of the behemoth longboard back to
> >> the west coast. Ahhh, if we all could only be so optimistic and naive.
> >
> > Good grief, who cares!???? The biggest game all year is happening
> > tonight! And
> > at the moment we are behind!
> >
> > Ohio 37 Florida 34
> >

> Let's see. You criticize an attempt to bring surfing to the forefront
> of a surfing newsgroup and say a football game is more important.
> That's bad enough, but then you *really* top it off by making that
> laughable prediction for the game.

I just wasn't in the mood for one of your ascii interpretation
"thinkins". As for a laughable
prediction, that's easy for you to say now.

Love,

Surff

Surff

Jan 9, 2007, 10:44:20 PM1/9/07

Columbus was a very quiet town today.
I heard that the great sooth sayer Steve M. called the game corretly as
usual.

Surff

Surfer Bob

Jan 9, 2007, 11:55:39 PM1/9/07
So Skipper, you seem to have stepped up as Elektionsfuehrer this year.
Tim to wield some authority here. When do the polls close? Who's going
to win this horserace? Team GP2K or Sister Ho Hum ( Nun of the Above)?

Don't make me come down there and change your regime.

SB

lp

Jan 10, 2007, 1:34:26 AM1/10/07

Foon wrote:
> lp says...
>
> >therefore i am grouping you in with the whole non-precious surfing run
> >down the ec of that time.

> Sorry you have to waste your time on this nonsense lp. There are more important
> things wrong with this ng than whether I spent 10 hours of my time transporting
> a surfboard from Jersey to Maryland.

don't tell me that someone who took countless pics of a thermos is
accusing me of wasting time.
it took me all of 2 minutes to cast my vote. another 2 to write my
reply and this minute i am writing this.
it would have only taken you a few minutes to ride the board, even if
it was prone.
it's about priorities.
speaking of which, what are the important things wrong with this ng?

lp

Awe F'shore

Jan 10, 2007, 1:48:58 AM1/10/07

"lp" <ll...@surfvid.com> wrote:

> speaking of which, what are the important things wrong with this ng?

This is the full on, fully blown, demise of AS!
In commemoration of such, I am throwing the thermos off the end of
Huntington Pier tomorrow morning.

Take that SURFF!
Awe

SteveM

Jan 10, 2007, 1:51:21 AM1/10/07
Surff wrote:

> I just wasn't in the mood for one of your ascii interpretation
> "thinkins".

Well, if you were taking the game that seriously, maybe you need to sit
on the couch and let Dr. Surff help you.

>As for a laughable
> prediction, that's easy for you to say now.

Yes, that was a very Tuesday morning armchair quarterback statement to
make, wasn't it? Glad you picked up on it.

Later,
Steve

SteveM

Jan 10, 2007, 1:56:08 AM1/10/07
Awe F'shore wrote:

> This is the full on, fully blown, demise of AS!
> In commemoration of such, I am throwing the thermos off the end of
> Huntington Pier tomorrow morning.

I think this has been discussed before (someone who is google
savii(sp?), do a search!!

I think it had something to do with not only throwing it away, but
creating a catapult to do it with.

Later,
Steve

Surff

Jan 10, 2007, 6:33:01 AM1/10/07

SteveM wrote:

> By the way, got to the outer banks as predicted. Spent more time
> searching for the best wave than actual surfing. Even went all the way
> to Ocracoke. Doing that was a waste for surf, but as implied, the
> search was half the fun. The lighthouse turned out the best.
>
> A little sectiony and about waste to chest high, but form was good.
>
> Sweet.
>
> *Tons* of dolphin, but no other humans, sharing the waves.
>
> Stoked.
>
> Crystal-clear blue skies without any hint of a cloud for most of the day.
>
> Blessed.

Btw, now that the heat of the moment is over. :-)
You live in Virginia ( coastal ) and drove by yourself wave hunting on
the Outer Banks?
I think that's pretty cool, Steve.

Surff

SKIPPER

Jan 10, 2007, 6:39:31 AM1/10/07

I haven't done any tallying yet, but it is safe to say we can let
the votes come in and the historical record will speak
for itself.

None of the above never wins, although the election
can certainly respect the right of the voters to abstain from
voting. How can a yearly award not be awarded? Sure it
was a slow year, but there is still a responsibilty to pick
the top candidate.

It may be the third year in a row the ASKOTY has
revolved around the longboard. Some power it has!
Gotta hand it to JW and the fishpoker and
gamivia and SteveM for treating it with
due respect, taking pics, signing it, and surfing on
it. Not just taking pics and signing it and passing
it on. The board MUST BE SURFED!

-PA

Foon

Jan 10, 2007, 7:56:57 AM1/10/07
SKIPPER says...

>It may be the third year in a row the ASKOTY has
>revolved around the longboard. Some power it has!
>Gotta hand it to JW and the fishpoker and
>gamivia and SteveM for treating it with
>due respect, taking pics, signing it, and surfing on
>it. Not just taking pics and signing it and passing
>it on. The board MUST BE SURFED!

I don't recall surfing the board as an ironclad law of possession. These "rules"
seem to arise to suit your biased agenda. If so, so be it. Take my name off it
immediately (I never did sign it, Rod did the honors). Will you do the decent
thing and mount a campaign to reimburse us gas and tolls ($43.75) for
transporting it? (Money order or Paypal accepted) Didn't think so. So when will
you be signing it asshat?

-Fore!!

I vote with Tom, none of the above. Last year was just plain weak. Sully, you're
going to need an early campaign this year.

Mike Sullivan

Jan 10, 2007, 11:38:35 AM1/10/07

> Surfer Bob wrote:

snip

> None of the above never wins, although the election
> can certainly respect the right of the voters to abstain from
> voting. How can a yearly award not be awarded? Sure it
> was a slow year, but there is still a responsibilty to pick
> the top candidate.

I just think ASKOTY has to have some minimum
standards, that's all. It's not like the president
of the US where just any old stupid a-hole wealthy
little pimp can get selected.

Consider that Nobel prizes don't necessarily get awarded
every year for every category.

Voting should proceed, though, we're getting good material
for next year.

Mike

Tom Tweed

Jan 10, 2007, 11:43:16 AM1/10/07
On 9 Jan 2007 04:09:49 -0800, "SKIPPER" <blak...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>There is a responsibility, an imperative on the voters,
>to select this ASKOTY.

A valid point, Skipper, and my abstention is in no way intended
to short-circuit this worthy AS tradition, as implied by my
inclusion of the word "respectfully" in my non-vote. Indeed, the
process cannot be stopped, and has already yielded sufficient
votes to render an authentic and official result. It was not my
intention to discourage others from voting, I merely felt a need
to protest the weakness of this year's field of candidates, which
your own retrospective review only confirms, to whit:

>maybe Bob Gleshna didn't do his pissbag and windsurfer
>Great Lakes surf routine this year, maybe no one made it
>from Chicago to Manhattan Beach faster than someone
>from the valley, maybe there was no Texas flame war, or
>imbecilic military right-wing rantings coming from
>North Carolina, no background searches posted, or
>people scamming longboards from the bleeding hearts
>of the group,

IMHO, the perpetual bridesmaid in this competition, Bob Gleshna,
has accomplished far more in his lifetime of newsgroup kookery
than any of the current candidates, without EVER winning! I find
it sad and ironic that in a year where he could have swept to
victory easily, he made no effort.

>there is an imperative to reach deep
>within your heart and choose the BEST Kook of the Year,
>even if you feel the level of kookery was not up to snuff.

OK, OK, I will partially relent. While they are certainly not up
to snuff, the best kookery displayed this year was by the GP2K
crew, in not sufficiently respecting the newest, and most worthy,
AS tradition of the traveling longboard.

I still abstain from voting for second and third place,

Mike Sullivan

Jan 10, 2007, 11:48:48 AM1/10/07

> On 9 Jan 2007 04:09:49 -0800, "SKIPPER" <blak...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
snip

> OK, OK, I will partially relent. While they are certainly not up
> to snuff, the best kookery displayed this year was by the GP2K
> crew, in not sufficiently respecting the newest, and most worthy,
> AS tradition of the traveling longboard.

If you keep your primary vote for 'Nun of the above'
then the GP2K crew could possibly get the honorable mention
it deserves.

We have standards!

Mike Sullivan

Jan 10, 2007, 11:40:47 AM1/10/07

"Foon" <fo...@removenewsguy.com> wrote in message

I would, Foon, but you're in my way! :^)

Tom Tweed

Jan 10, 2007, 12:28:06 PM1/10/07
On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 19:07:42 -0800, "Cyber Kahuna"
<pri...@h82bdry.com> wrote:

>How's the crew down there?

Same old, same old. A new crew of young rats coming up, trying
to displace the old; the old crew still ripping hard enough to
keep the groms in their place; the same cast of characters with a
40 oz'er surgically implanted in their palms hanging in the lot,
etc. It's all being documented in non-realtime, non-webcast,
sufficiently vague detail by BA at
http://adaywithba.com/
and Unemployed Floyd at
http://kneed4speed.com/

There does seem to be a rising trend of the older crew
emigrating to parts south in an increasing full-time way,
following Mike Doyle, Pat Curren, Garth Murphy and others in
search of paradise lost.

TT
---------------------------------
Tom Tweed
La Jolla, CA, USA

"Religion is for those who are afraid of going to Hell.
Spirituality is for those who have been there."
---------------------------------

shaft®

Jan 10, 2007, 12:42:12 PM1/10/07
Foon wrote:
> I vote with Tom, none of the above. Last year was just plain weak. Sully, you're
> going to need an early campaign this year.

1st = Foon
2nd = Cyberkook
3rd = GP idiots

Foon you are finally getting your due!

Foon

Jan 10, 2007, 1:23:54 PM1/10/07

Cyber Kahuna

Jan 10, 2007, 2:07:30 PM1/10/07

> There does seem to be a rising trend of the older crew
> emigrating to parts south in an increasing full-time way,
> following Mike Doyle, Pat Curren, Garth Murphy and others in
> search of paradise lost.

Yep. I am not far behind them. Paradise is hard to find, but I will have fun
trying.

Take care.

SKIPPER

Jan 10, 2007, 3:10:33 PM1/10/07

Foon wrote:
> SKIPPER says...
>
> >It may be the third year in a row the ASKOTY has
> >revolved around the longboard. Some power it has!
> >Gotta hand it to JW and the fishpoker and
> >gamivia and SteveM for treating it with
> >due respect, taking pics, signing it, and surfing on
> >it. Not just taking pics and signing it and passing
> >it on. The board MUST BE SURFED!
>
> I don't recall surfing the board as an ironclad law of possession. These "rules"
> seem to arise to suit your biased agenda. If so, so be it. Take my name off it
> immediately (I never did sign it, Rod did the honors). Will you do the decent
> thing and mount a campaign to reimburse us gas and tolls ($43.75) for
> transporting it? (Money order or Paypal accepted) Didn't think so. So when will
> you be signing it asshat?

I'm targetting a spring session on the Gulf Coast, although
right now and into the foreseeable future there are some
pressing personal issues that may prevent me from much travel.

But you can be sure that if I am handed the longboard and within
a few miles of surfable waves, I will ride it 100% guaranteed.

Not to mention the surf trux debut ! Name coined by shaft
http://www.blakestah.com/fins/

-PA

shaft®

Jan 10, 2007, 4:17:06 PM1/10/07
Cyber Kahuna wrote:
> Yep. I am not far behind them. Paradise is hard to find, but I will have fun
> trying.

Once you get there you could install a web camera and sell it out!

Awe F'shore

Jan 10, 2007, 5:19:02 PM1/10/07

> SKIPPER says...
>
>>It may be the third year in a row the ASKOTY has
>>revolved around the longboard. Some power it has!
>>Gotta hand it to JW and the fishpoker and
>>gamivia and SteveM for treating it with
>>due respect, taking pics, signing it, and surfing on
>>it. Not just taking pics and signing it and passing
>>it on. The board MUST BE SURFED!
>
> I don't recall surfing the board as an ironclad law of possession. These
> "rules"
> seem to arise to suit your biased agenda. If so, so be it. Take my name
> off it
> immediately (I never did sign it, Rod did the honors). Will you do the
> decent
> thing and mount a campaign to reimburse us gas and tolls ($43.75) for
> transporting it? (Money order or Paypal accepted) Didn't think so. So
> when will
> you be signing it asshat?

It's called a SURFboard for a reason.
If it was a sponge, you could just wipe the counter with it, sign it and
send it on it's way.

GO TEAM GP2K!!!
Awe

The Supreme Court

Jan 10, 2007, 7:02:06 PM1/10/07

Mike Sullivan wrote:
> "The Supreme Court" <distan...@aol.com> wrote in message
> > What happened?
>

> I vote for "no vote" this year.

Weak. Even in bad movie years they give out Academy Awards.

Likely to be a Foon ass kissing post not far behind. Never seen someone
politic so hard on the heels of every negative/positive post.

Foon

Jan 10, 2007, 7:08:34 PM1/10/07
The Supreme Court says...

>Weak. Even in bad movie years they give out Academy Awards.
>
>Likely to be a Foon ass kissing post not far behind. Never seen someone
>politic so hard on the heels of every negative/positive post.

'til now.

Mike Sullivan

Jan 10, 2007, 7:09:32 PM1/10/07

> Mike Sullivan wrote:
>> "The Supreme Court" <distan...@aol.com> wrote in message
>> > What happened?
>>

>> I vote for "no vote" this year.
>>

> Weak. Even in bad movie years they give out Academy Awards.

Yes, but we're AS, not some stupid ol' film academy. We
got standards.

Nobel's skip a year if they don't have anything.

Maybe this is the year we give out a lifetime achievement award.

Cyber Kahuna

Jan 10, 2007, 7:14:09 PM1/10/07

"shaftŽ" <op...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Did you OD on the Botox?

The Supreme Court

Jan 10, 2007, 10:15:36 PM1/10/07

...and he speaks to say he's not speaking!

OBsurfr

Jan 11, 2007, 8:15:37 AM1/11/07

> Consider that David's thermos envy is equally disturbing and possibly
> indickative of a more tumescent problem.
>
> -Foon
HuH?

SKIPPER

Jan 11, 2007, 8:28:10 AM1/11/07

The Supreme Court wrote:
> What happened?

So I tallied the votes. It is between
Foon for Thermifest and the
GP2K non-surfing-the-longboard
routine.

It is within one vote, not all parties
have weighed in, YOUR VOTE WILL
COUNT. You can choose to anoint
Foon as ASKOTY for his over-the-top
posting of pictures of a Thermos in
various outfits and positions, or choose
to anoint the Guidopalooza team for
signing and failing to surf the precious
despite ample opportunity.

If you haven't already, and still want to
REGISTER YOUR VOTE by posting it
in this thread.

-PA

Surfer Bob

Jan 11, 2007, 10:04:56 AM1/11/07
> Cyber Kahuna wrote:
> > Yep. I am not far behind them. Paradise is hard to find, but I will have fun
> > trying.

shaft® wrote

> Once you get there you could install a web camera and sell it out!

Lol. SMACK!

Point Shaft. Play on.

SB

Surfer Bob

Jan 11, 2007, 10:10:52 AM1/11/07
> Awe F'shore wrote:
> > This is the full on, fully blown, demise of AS!
> > In commemoration of such, I am throwing the thermos off the end of
> > Huntington Pier tomorrow morning.

Won't work. It'll just wash up on the beach and ruin the life of some
unsuspecting beachcomber. You need to go to Hawaii and throw it into
the crack of doom at Kilauea Iki, or some other suitable vlcanic venue.

SteveM wrote:
> I think it had something to do with not only throwing it away, but
> creating a catapult to do it with.

This would have great visual appeal if properly photo/video-documented
(make a BIG friggin' catapult). But the result would be the same: it
might just make it one county further south before washing up and going
home with some unsuspecting, defenseless soul. You've gotta take it to
the Crack of Doom!

Yessssss Preciousssssss...
Surfer Bob

Surfer Bob

Jan 11, 2007, 10:18:12 AM1/11/07
SKIPPER (takes command!)
That's the way to wield the iron gauntlet, Fuehrer!

If "Nun of the above" is not an option according to Elektionsfuehrer,
then my #2 vote pertains and I voted for Team GP2K, right? Right!

Zig heil!
Surfer Bob

Mike Sullivan

Jan 11, 2007, 11:27:43 AM1/11/07

"Surfer Bob" <surfe...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

"nun of the above" should be counted and if it wins, wins ASKOTY
like any other single candidate.

My guess is that we're outvoted.

Turby

Jan 11, 2007, 12:45:06 PM1/11/07

1. Cyberkook
2. Team GP2K6
3. an anti-vote for Foon. The thermos is an institution in AS. Its
exploits _should_ be documented here. Foon's efforts should instill
more group stoke than derision. His name should not even be in the
running because of the Thermi photos.

--
Turby the Turbosurfer

SKIPPER

Jan 11, 2007, 2:12:05 PM1/11/07

Mike Sullivan wrote:
> "Surfer Bob" <surfe...@hotmail.com> wrote

> > SKIPPER (takes command!)
> > That's the way to wield the iron gauntlet, Fuehrer!
> >
> > If "Nun of the above" is not an option according to Elektionsfuehrer,
> > then my #2 vote pertains and I voted for Team GP2K, right? Right!
>
> "nun of the above" should be counted and if it wins, wins ASKOTY
> like any other single candidate.
>
> My guess is that we're outvoted.

There were WAY too many votes for Foon and GP2K and
WAY too little for the others...including the Nun...
it is a two horse race. I counted only votes where people actually
listed one of the two candidates in their top three, and I only
counted the one listed with the highest ranking.

Of course, anyone who wants to tally them up can check, but
for now I will focus on GETTING THE VOTE OUT! It is a tight
race!

Check one. One vote per profile.
_ Vote Foon.
_ Vote GP2K

As to running this horse race, well, Maddux went
AWOL a long time ago and SurferbBob was dropping
the ball, so I stepped up on request from Gamivia
Duke, Esp.

-PA

Turby

Jan 11, 2007, 2:38:01 PM1/11/07
On 11 Jan 2007 11:12:05 -0800, "SKIPPER" <blak...@gmail.com> wrote:

>There were WAY too many votes for Foon and GP2K and
>WAY too little for the others...including the Nun...

Well, you certainly don't want to see that changed, do you?

>it is a two horse race. I counted only votes where people actually
>listed one of the two candidates in their top three, and I only
>counted the one listed with the highest ranking.
>
>Of course, anyone who wants to tally them up can check, but
>for now I will focus on GETTING THE VOTE OUT! It is a tight
>race!
>
>Check one. One vote per profile.
>_ Vote Foon.
>_ Vote GP2K

Oh yes. We don't want to see any late charges, do we?
What a crock.

>As to running this horse race, well, Maddux went
>AWOL a long time ago and SurferbBob was dropping
>the ball, so I stepped up on request from Gamivia
>Duke, Esp.

Keep working. You could get a seat on the Republican Supreme Court.

--
Turby the Turbosurfer

OBsurfr

Jan 11, 2007, 9:02:41 PM1/11/07

"SKIPPER" <blak...@gmail.com> wrote in message
I can't do it.
Just can't!!
Vote for Foon that is.
He wins and we get another endless parade of
stupid photos of "Thermi"
My vote is for the GP2K non-surfing-the-longboard
2nd Foon
3rd the NZ crew for the Yank developer behind every bush paranoia posts

Floyd

coffi...@weedmail.com

Jan 11, 2007, 9:20:02 PM1/11/07

1. Guido's preciousss scandal
2. Me for hiking into T******s without a board
3. OBsurfr for hiding while I was in OB for a week!

Surfer Bob

Jan 11, 2007, 11:27:33 PM1/11/07
SKIPPER wrote:
> it is a two horse race.

It is not. Cyberkahuna was nominated and seconded. I think he has even
garnered a few votes. Nun of the Above was also nominated and seconded
and had received several votes.
If you want to stage a palace coup and detain Sister Ho Hum as an enemy
combatant you will be acting without precedent. Possibly still within
the boundless authority of Der Elektionsfuehrer, but have a care for
the precious democratic process you are charged to administer.

It is definitely undemocratic to make an unofficial vote count,
eliminate candidates by fiat, and incite people to vote for the
remaining candidates that you prefer while the polls are still open.

> ... I counted only votes where people actually
> listed one of the two candidates (SIC) in their top three, and I only

> counted the one listed with the highest ranking.

Tim Maddux instituted and I continued to use instant runoff
methodology. In every election I administered, the first round produced
a clear winner. Thus I can't remember what you're supposed to do if no
candidate among the first choices exceeds 50% of the total. I think you
eliminate the lowest vote getter and add the #2 choices of those voters
to other candidates. Repeat as necessary until a candidate gets >50%.

If Elektionsfuehrer Blake needs more explicit instructions he should
Google it up. Otherwise I daresay SteveM will be glad to explain it in
excruciating detail.

> Of course, anyone who wants to tally them up can check, but
> for now I will focus on GETTING THE VOTE OUT! It is a tight
> race!

Hear hear! Surfdope? jjb? SurfGeo? Jane? JVM? Alvin? PNWK? Corbeau?
Stand and be counted!

> ...SurferbBob was dropping the ball...

No. Surfer Bob was making the drop at T** W***.

Personally, I don't care whether Sister Ho Hum, Nun of the Above (a new
concept in ASKOTY politics) wins or not. I can see valid arguments
either way. But I am highly interested in the proper administration of
democratic principles in making this choice. Let my people vote! Let
every vote count!

Democratically,
Surfer Bob

Awe F'shore

Jan 11, 2007, 11:44:37 PM1/11/07

"Surfer Bob" <surfe...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Bullshit. I call the vote. Lets let the GP2K crew bask in their glory for
the next 11.5 months.
Surf coming up for the weekend.
Awe

Seconds?

Mike Sullivan

Jan 12, 2007, 1:44:39 AM1/12/07

"Awe F'shore" <in...@awefoto.com> wrote in message

> "Surfer Bob" <surfe...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> SKIPPER wrote:
>>> it is a two horse race.

snip

>> every vote count!
>>
>> Democratically,
>> Surfer Bob
>>

> Bullshit. I call the vote. Lets let the GP2K crew bask in their glory for
> the next 11.5 months.
> Surf coming up for the weekend.
> Awe
>
> Seconds?

I don't think it's bullshit. Just let Nun be an equal candidate
with every 2006 candidate rather than against
all of them combined.

Then let AS decide as we do.

by derision

SteveM

Jan 12, 2007, 2:49:42 AM1/12/07
Surfer Bob wrote:

>. Otherwise I daresay SteveM will be glad to explain it in
> excruciating detail.

Nah...I think you're doing fine without me. *However*, if you'd like me
to step it up a notch, I'd be glad to. *Someone's* got to show you all
how it's done!

Later,
Steve

SKIPPER

Jan 12, 2007, 6:19:19 AM1/12/07

Surfer Bob wrote:
> SKIPPER wrote:
> > it is a two horse race.
>
> It is not. Cyberkahuna was nominated and seconded. I think he has even
> garnered a few votes. Nun of the Above was also nominated and seconded
> and had received several votes.
> If you want to stage a palace coup and detain Sister Ho Hum as an enemy
> combatant you will be acting without precedent. Possibly still within
> the boundless authority of Der Elektionsfuehrer, but have a care for
> the precious democratic process you are charged to administer.

My point was that with the vast majority of the votes in,
the only "viable" candidates were Foon and GP2K. A
vote for the Nun is like a vote for Perot, to make a
personal point, but not contributing to the decision on
who actually becomes ASKOTY (or president).

But since you are so into democracy and stuff, take over vote
counting, go head fred, the ball is all yours. If you'd called the
election in a timely manner like your responsibility dictates,
I would never have stepped in.

-PA

OBsurfr

Jan 12, 2007, 8:46:53 AM1/12/07

<coffi...@weedmail.com> wrote in message
Never hid from anyone and didn't even know you were here!
I'm honored however to get my first ASKOYnomination !!!

Floyd

Bill Andrews

Jan 12, 2007, 9:11:03 AM1/12/07
I'll second that nomination!

Only for the fact that I am not allowed to cross the SD River into OBay
territory

- EVER -

[I've heard the waves are really good there, in OB Land, not the SD
River]

and yet, he and his gang seem to be able to enter Barrio La Jolla and
surf our crappy waves - at any time.

BA

Foon

Jan 12, 2007, 10:12:00 AM1/12/07
Turby says...

>3. an anti-vote for Foon. The thermos is an institution in AS. Its
>exploits _should_ be documented here. Foon's efforts should instill
>more group stoke than derision. His name should not even be in the
>running because of the Thermi photos.

Turby is one of the few who "gets it." The spirit (excessive as it was) of the
Thermipalooza.

-Foon

Foon

Jan 12, 2007, 10:27:35 AM1/12/07
Surfer Bob says...

>Personally, I don't care whether Sister Ho Hum, Nun of the Above (a new
>concept in ASKOTY politics) wins or not. I can see valid arguments
>either way. But I am highly interested in the proper administration of
>democratic principles in making this choice. Let my people vote! Let
>every vote count!

My question is why everyone's panties are in a wad over this and yet when a
sobsister from an unnamed locale (Augusta)pitches a major hissy about having the
WSD in the Fall (which determines the awarding of the Thermos) no one utters a
peep when the event passes by, reports are file and NOTING HAPPENS?

As an ASKOTY contenda, just .

-Foon

Surfer Bob

Jan 12, 2007, 11:46:54 AM1/12/07
SKIPPER wrote:
> My point was that with the vast majority of the votes in...

We both hope hope a few more will trickle in. XPEH? Where are you,
mareekon? Alvin? You will naturally and easily show up and cast your
vote NAAAAAOOOOWWWW!

> ...A vote for the Nun is like a vote for Perot, to make a

> personal point, but not contributing to the decision on
> who actually becomes ASKOTY (or president).

Woo hoo!!! I miss that wacky little guy. I was thinking of Sister Boom
Boom, Nun of the Above, who used to run for SF mayor to protest the
weak field of candidates.

> But since you are so into democracy and stuff, take over vote
> counting, go head fred, the ball is all yours.

You have my full confidence, Skipper. You are doing a great job
counting votes. And getting out the vote. I only took exception with
your failure to properly acknowledge the full field of candidates.

> ... If you'd called the election in a timely manner like your responsibility dictates,

> I would never have stepped in.

It was very good of you to step up while I was surfing in Baja. Despite
what you hear from some quarters, there are important jobs around here
for people who don't even surf.

Play though, Elektionsfuehrer! Vote, people!

Surfer Bob

Surff

Jan 12, 2007, 2:23:55 PM1/12/07

Foon wrote:
> My question is why everyone's panties are in a wad over this and yet when a
> sobsister from an unnamed locale (Augusta)pitches a major hissy about having the
> WSD in the Fall (which determines the awarding of the Thermos) no one utters a
> peep when the event passes by, reports are file and NOTING HAPPENS?

I peeped. No one listened, except for maybe Steve M. But, he probably
figured that he was
behind the iron fist of Skipper and so sat comfy with nothing to say.

Surff

The Supreme Court

Jan 12, 2007, 6:39:42 PM1/12/07

No Foon. Plenty of people "got it." I got it and even thought it was
pretty funny and kinda cool.

But then it became a one trick pony, a one hit wonder, too much radio
airplay, the Fonz jumping the shark, another season of 90210....

SKIPPER

Jan 12, 2007, 6:45:14 PM1/12/07

Yeah, the first 5, heck, even the first 20 pictures, were kinda cool.

But it went over the top, oblivious to your own actions. And to me that
is one of the true hallmarks of kookdom.

-PA

Surfer Bob

Jan 12, 2007, 7:17:37 PM1/12/07
Foon wrote:
> ...when a sobsister from an unnamed locale (Augusta)pitches a major hissy about having

> WSD in the Fall (which determines the awarding of the Thermos) no one utters a
> peep when the event passes by, reports are file and NOTING HAPPENS?

Buck up, Li'l Buckaroo.

The fall WSD event was proposed, campaigned for, and duly added to the
schedule, but the spring event was not abolished. So now we have 2 WSDs
annually and only one award. No one has yet suggested that Thermos
should change hands 2x per year. Speaking only for myself, the thought
of making the Totemic AS WSD Thermos change hands 2x per year makes me
tired.

As you may recall, you held Thermi at the time, and had only recently
received it (many months late) from Dick. From where I sat, it looked
like you were obviously having so much fun with it that no one felt
like trying to make you give it up early. The wisdom of that choice
should be obvious to all in retrospect since you are now on the verge
of taking ASKOTY2006 for your commendable accomplishments together.

So you were left to judge the next event in the spring. You duly
considered both the fall entries and the spring entries together, and
chose your winner. AweF now has it, so this year's judging and handoff
is up to him. As he recently proposed firing it off the end of the
Huntington Beach pier with a catapult, the future of the event is (and
may quite literally be) up in the air.

> As an ASKOTY contenda, just .

I personally think it would be a travesty of justice if you received
ASKOTY for your Thermi Paparazzi-fest. But I am just one voice among
many. And we now have another interesting wrinkle in ASKOTY voting
procedure upon which Der Elektionsfuehrer must try to rule justly (in
addition to a Nun of the Above candidacy with real legs): namely, the
Turby's claim of a new institution of Anti-Voting.

What this election lacks in quality candidates,it is making up for in
convoluted procedural twists and turns. We'll see if it ends up having
to go to The Supreme Court.

Vote, people! Vote!

Surfer Bob

SKIPPER

Jan 12, 2007, 7:37:58 PM1/12/07

Surfer Bob wrote:

> > But since you are so into democracy and stuff, take over vote
> > counting, go head fred, the ball is all yours.
>
> You have my full confidence, Skipper. You are doing a great job
> counting votes.

Too late, false pious one, I ain't counting, and it was
never my responsibility before. Like I said, you ditched out
for over a week after work started in the New Year, and the
Supreme Court issued the Whiskey Tango Foxtrot challenge,
so I said we may as well vote since no matter what happens,
we need a vote to have an ASKOTY.

The votes are all in this thread. It shouldn't take you more than
5 minutes to get up to speed.

-PA

It is loading more messages.