Wheelchair Navigation Study

1 view

michaelwboyce

Nov 15, 2009, 9:44:09 PM11/15/09
The Georgia Tech Brain Lab is currently looking for participants for
an upcoming research study. The study is analyzing how power
wheelchair users maneuver their wheelchairs in everyday situations.
The data that is collected will be used to further the development of
the AwareChair project, a power wheelchair which is controlled using
the brain signals of the chair user. Of particular interest are
individualized techniques that people with disabilities developed
through time while using their wheelchairs.

The study is open to any power wheelchair user, regardless of
disability. The study will be in the form of an interview which will
ask open-ended and close ended questions regarding wheelchair
mobility. The interview will take approximately 30 minutes and will
serve as research material for a Georgia Tech student's Masters
Project. There is no compensation with the study, and participants are
free to end the study anytime.

For more information, please contact Michael Boyce at
mbo...@gatech.edu, or by phone at 203-668-9452.

Burgerman

Nov 17, 2009, 4:50:14 AM11/17/09
"michaelwboyce" <michae...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Just what we need. Another survey form with the wrong questions.

Pete

Nov 17, 2009, 7:09:28 PM11/17/09
Burgerman wrote:
>> For more information, please contact Michael Boyce at
>> mbo...@gatech.edu, or by phone at 203-668-9452.
>

> Just what we need. Another survey form with the wrong questions.

these surveys are almost endemic, it seems hardly a week goes by when up
pops other one, either asking all the wrong question, or wanting to
reinvent the same old stuff all over again.

--
Pete.

michaelwboyce

Nov 18, 2009, 7:02:30 AM11/18/09
Hey guys,

I am interested to learn about these studies you speak of. I am a
wheelchair user myself (cerebral palsy), and haven't found them. Who
ran them? Also I would like to talk to you guys and see what you
believe the correct questions are that need to be asked. I am fully
aware that my research could be improved, and I am interested in your
input.

Michael

On Nov 17, 7:09 pm, Pete <p...@home.dud> wrote:
> Burgerman wrote:
> >> For more information, please contact Michael Boyce at

> >> mbo...@gatech.edu, or by phone at              203-668-9452        203-668-9452.

Pete

Nov 18, 2009, 10:30:19 PM11/18/09
michaelwboyce wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I am interested to learn about these studies you speak of. I am a
> wheelchair user myself (cerebral palsy), and haven't found them. Who
> ran them? Also I would like to talk to you guys and see what you
> believe the correct questions are that need to be asked. I am fully
> aware that my research could be improved, and I am interested in your
> input.

Most of them seem to pop up in the various online user forums, and are
mainly senior high school, and university pupils, looking for a project
as part of their course material. Lately it seems that hardly a week
goes by without someone leaving a message asking you to complete a
questionnaire.

--
Pete.

Burgerman

Nov 23, 2009, 10:12:33 AM11/23/09
Hey guys,

I am interested to learn about these studies you speak of. I am a
wheelchair user myself (cerebral palsy), and haven't found them. Who
ran them? Also I would like to talk to you guys and see what you
believe the correct questions are that need to be asked. I am fully
aware that my research could be improved, and I am interested in your
input.

Michael

Go read everything on this site and all of your questions and plenty you
never thought of is all answered.

http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/ultimate-all-day-powerchair.htm

Pete

Nov 23, 2009, 6:17:22 PM11/23/09
Burgerman wrote:
> "michaelwboyce" <michae...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hey guys,
>
> I am interested to learn about these studies you speak of. I am a
> wheelchair user myself (cerebral palsy), and haven't found them. Who
> ran them? Also I would like to talk to you guys and see what you
> believe the correct questions are that need to be asked. I am fully
> aware that my research could be improved, and I am interested in your
> input.
>
> Michael
>
> Go read everything on this site and all of your questions and plenty you
> never thought of is all answered.
>
> http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/ultimate-all-day-powerchair.htm

so how is the ultimate powerchair going Burgerman?. I've been meaning to
e-mail you for an update on how the chair is performing.

--
Pete.