Good Day!!!

HSMama2

Nov 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/20/00
Hi everyone -

Just wanted to share a little "moment" we had today. My hubby's
parents have come for a visit, and while we were out for dinner, he
was explaining to them about our son's TS. At some point in the
conversation (his parents are deaf, and while I know sign language, I
don't know enough to follow a discussion explaining Tourette's to
them), my MIL's eyes started to get teary as she understood what my
hubby was telling her.

I pointed it out to him, and my son (who didn't know what they were
talking about) asked why she had tears in her eyes, so I explained.
And he asked why she would do that. I asked him - if he has kids,
would he want them to have TS or want them to not have it? (He's been
expressing LOTS of frustration with his tics lately, and I thought I
was a getting a "I don't want this thing" vibe from him) He looked at
me like I'd lost my mind (LOL) and said "well, I'd want them to be
just like me!!!!".

*sigh* That took a weight off my shoulders, let me tell you. After
reading AST for months, I've been wondering what my son's attitude
towards TS is, and if he feels bitter or resentful or...I don't know -
"afflicted" because he has it. But I haven't wanted to ask, because
if he doesn't, I don't want to put it in his head, to where he thinks
he "should". (Is this making sense?)

I'm so glad to see this attitude from him. We've only known about the
TS since May, and his tics have really exploded since, so I was
worried. I had no idea how to help him have the best attitude and
outlook he could about all of this - we just deal with all of it
matter-of-factly, and I talk about it when he brings it up (or if I
can sense that something's bugging him).

And I think I needed it, too. I really think God meant this as a
little "see, it's OK, he's fine" pat on the back for me (I know
someone online who calls them God Breezes - I like that) and my
husband, so we won't worry too much about how our son's handling this.

Seems to me like he's doing just fine - and that's a WONDERFUL thing
to be able to say!!!!

Kristina <thanks if you really read this whole thing!!!>

*~*~*~*
HSM...@aol.com

jennybravo

Nov 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/20/00

Kristina,
Thanks for writing this! You got a weepy kind of smile out of me!
Raymond surprised me with his attitude also. When he was having me type
up his post about his head shaking tic, which was giving him headaches,
he insisted I make it clear that it was just this particular tic that
was bothering him, and it was only bothering him "right now".
(geez...that was a long sentence...hope it made sense.) He likes a lot
of his tics and when he told me that I was also a bit surprised. (I also
thought it was cute when Raymond said he had "lots of Tourettes" in his
post.<smile> I asked him if he meant "tics". He replied that he thought
he'd use the "formal name" since he was writing to adults.<VBG> I think
our guys are way ahead of us....

jennybravo
--
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the
silence of our friends.

HSMama2

Nov 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/20/00
On Mon, 20 Nov 2000 17:58:32 GMT, jennybravo
<jais...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>Kristina,
>Thanks for writing this! You got a weepy kind of smile out of me!
>Raymond surprised me with his attitude also. When he was having me type
>up his post about his head shaking tic, which was giving him headaches,
>he insisted I make it clear that it was just this particular tic that
>was bothering him, and it was only bothering him "right now".
>(geez...that was a long sentence...hope it made sense.)

I got it. <g>

> He likes a lot
>of his tics and when he told me that I was also a bit surprised. (I also
>thought it was cute when Raymond said he had "lots of Tourettes" in his
>post.<smile> I asked him if he meant "tics". He replied that he thought
>he'd use the "formal name" since he was writing to adults.<VBG>

Oh - *that's* cute! Sounds like something my little man would say.

>I think our guys are way ahead of us....

*nods* Yep. I think they are, too. BTW, Chris is interested in
emailing back and forth with Raymond. He was thrilled to know that I
*knew* another 9 yo boy with TS.

Kristina
*~*~*~*
HSM...@aol.com

CAMPNBELL

Nov 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/20/00
Kristina,

Thanks for the message. Hold on the good days, they are worth their weight in
gold, and help in overcoming the bad days. I like the God Breeze thing
too....my faith is the only thing truly sustaining me....there is hope, there
is always hope.
Kelli

HSMama2

Nov 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/20/00
On Tue, 21 Nov 2000 02:21:13 GMT, Blurt Durtwurd
<blurtd...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>HSMama2 wrote:
>>
>> <thanks if you really read this whole thing!!!>
>

>Would you believe I didn't read a single word of your message? I didn't
>have to. I felt the vibe. A real good vibe.

Yes, I would believe it, Blurt. <g> Glad you felt the vibe, man!!

Kristina
*~*~*~*
HSM...@aol.com

Blurt Durtwurd

Nov 20, 2000, 9:21:13 PM11/20/00

HSMama2 wrote:

> <thanks if you really read this whole thing!!!>

Would you believe I didn't read a single word of your message? I didn't
have to. I felt the vibe. A real good vibe.

> *~*~*~*
> HSM...@aol.com

Blurt

KATHRYN A TAUBERT

Nov 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/21/00
.<VBG> I think

> our guys are way ahead of us....
>
> jennybravo

I think sometimes we should let the kids GUIDE us...
"-)
KAT in CT

Blurt Durtwurd

Nov 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/28/00

HSMama2 wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Nov 2000 02:21:13 GMT, Blurt Durtwurd
> <blurtd...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> >HSMama2 wrote:
> >>
> >> <thanks if you really read this whole thing!!!>
> >
> >Would you believe I didn't read a single word of your message? I didn't
> >have to. I felt the vibe. A real good vibe.
>

> Yes, I would believe it, Blurt. <g>

You'll believe ANYTHING I tell you!

> Glad you felt the vibe, man!!

Well, that part I wasn't kidding about.

> Kristina

Hi!

> *~*~*~*

There they are again!

Blurt (seeing stars)

HSMama2

Nov 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/28/00
On Tue, 28 Nov 2000 15:06:37 GMT, Blurt Durtwurd
<blurtd...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>HSMama2 wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 21 Nov 2000 02:21:13 GMT, Blurt Durtwurd
>> <blurtd...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> >Would you believe I didn't read a single word of your message? I didn't
>> >have to. I felt the vibe. A real good vibe.
>>

>> Yes, I would believe it, Blurt. <g>
>
>You'll believe ANYTHING I tell you!

Maybe. Tell me this election is finally finished. Lie to me.

>> Glad you felt the vibe, man!!
>
>Well, that part I wasn't kidding about.

I know. I was feeling silly.

>> Kristina
>
>Hi!

Low?

>> *~*~*~*
>
>There they are again!
>
>Blurt (seeing stars)

Julia Roberts? Denzel Washington? Where?

Kristina
*~*~*~*
HSM...@aol.com