Otosclerosis & Tinnitus!

Capt. Ron Yoli

Jun 23, 2002, 12:10:34 AM6/23/02
I would like anyone that visits here to know that my tinnitus is primarily
due to a condition known as otosclerosis.

The best website that defines this condition, symptoms, and it's treatments
can be found here:

http://www.earsurgery.org/otoscl.html

I have had a succesful surgical procedure, known as "stapedectomy" to
correct my hearing loss.

If anyone has been diagnosed with this condition, I have been through the
washer with it, and would be more than happy to discuss your concerns about
it.

Cheers

Capt. Ron

--
Capt. Ron Yoli
Best...@peoplepc.com

Capt. Ron Yoli

Jun 23, 2002, 1:01:23 AM6/23/02
PS:

On that same site, this link:

http://www.earsurgery.org/INDEX.html

Will take you to a great wealth of information on ear conditions and their
treatments!

Capt. Ron

--
Capt. Ron Yoli
Best...@peoplepc.com

"Capt. Ron Yoli" <best...@peoplepc.com> wrote in message

terri231

Jun 23, 2002, 10:24:34 AM6/23/02
"Capt. Ron Yoli" <best...@peoplepc.com> wrote in message news:<3d154996$1...@corp-news.newsgroups.com>...

Do you know if tinnitus related to a specific cause, like
otosclerosis, always has a signature kind of sound(s), like clicking,
ringing, buzzing, etc.?

Terri

Capt. Ron Yoli

Jun 23, 2002, 11:17:47 AM6/23/02
> Do you know if tinnitus related to a specific cause, like
> otosclerosis, always has a signature kind of sound(s), like clicking,
> ringing, buzzing, etc.?

I don't believe there is any signature sound associated with tinnitus due to
otosclerosis.

However, tinnitus is very often associated with the later stages of the
condition.

Otosclerosis is very often a hereditary condition, although I have no
history of it in my family.

Regards,

Capt. Ron

--
Capt. Ron Yoli
Best...@peoplepc.com

"terri231" <terr...@fastmail.fm> wrote in message

William Nunn

Jun 23, 2002, 11:30:38 AM6/23/02
Yeah it'd be interesting to find this out at my next hospital visit "ruling
out other causes of T." Has anyone heard of the T management software at
www.stop-the-ring.com ?

TonyJeffs

Jun 23, 2002, 1:04:39 PM6/23/02

> Do you know if tinnitus related to a specific cause, like
> otosclerosis, always has a signature kind of sound(s), like clicking,
> ringing, buzzing, etc.?
>
> Terri

Ive read lots of papers, and don't believe anyone has ever investigated
this.

There is plenty looking at the ratio of different sounds
x people year ringing
y people hissing
z buzzing

But nothing comparing sounds with causes.

tony