> one month <

1 view

Michele

Oct 25, 2007, 1:20:20 PM10/25/07
Hello to all!

I'm writing only to say that today are exactly one month that I have smoked
my last cigarette. It was not really planned, as I have written on this
newsgoup, but was triggered by a nasty cold. I was thinking about quitting
for some times, but I never tried seriuosly.

After a month finally I smell more, I don't cough anymore and I don't feel
my lungs filled. I've saved I think 25 euros and I not have to go outside
to smoke or keep windows open when outside is 4 C. Here autumn kicked in,
with rain and awful weather.

Still have some thinking about smoke a cigarette, but they now are passing
after five minutes, *like I actually had a smoke*. Anyway those urges still
look strong.

Mike

Tihomir

Oct 25, 2007, 3:59:33 PM10/25/07
Once upon a time, Michele said:

>I'm writing only to say that today are exactly one month that I have smoked
>my last cigarette. It was not really planned, as I have written on this
>newsgoup, but was triggered by a nasty cold. I was thinking about quitting
>for some times, but I never tried seriuosly.

Congratulations Michele on making your first month! For me, it is the
most important milestone for it is among the toughest to make and in
most cases it is the borderline between a successful quit and an
attempt, since most people give up within their first month.

>Still have some thinking about smoke a cigarette, but they now are passing
>after five minutes, *like I actually had a smoke*. Anyway those urges still
>look strong.

That is a nice way to put it! Yes, it does feel like you actually
smoked it, in the sense that the urge or mere thought is out of the
way completely.
They might still seem to be strong but they are weaker every day.

Good work!

--
Tihomir 4M3W *I don't smoke anymore*

... Behind every successful man stands an amazed woman.

Mark Earnest

Oct 25, 2007, 4:06:35 PM10/25/07

"Tihomir" <tgre...@inet.hr.dummy> wrote in message

Sounds like you have stumbled into something good.
The grass is definitely greener in the non smoking fields.

steve-o

Oct 25, 2007, 5:47:25 PM10/25/07

The best is yet to come. Congrats - Keep up the good work. Its pretty
cool not having to wonder if you extinguished that smoke that might
burn the house down or wehater you remembered to take an extra pack
just in case and where the cigarette lighter is.

Sue

Oct 25, 2007, 5:48:54 PM10/25/07
On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 17:20:20 GMT, Michele <hav...@bigmailbox.net>
wrote:

Good for you for getting to 1M!!! The urges will come and go. You
will get to a point where you think they're gone and then, bingo, one
will pop up. Just laugh at it.
Stay strong and stay stubborn and remember that there is no such thing
as just one.
Sue

Lynn

Oct 25, 2007, 5:45:23 PM10/25/07
Happy FMD!
my quit was unplanned as well and it just kept getting bigger as yours
will.
Congrats
--
:) Lynn VOF Leaper
"Everyone seems normal until you get to know them."

"Michele" <hav...@bigmailbox.net> wrote in message

Never Stop Giving Up Giving Up

Oct 25, 2007, 6:11:28 PM10/25/07
Well done Michele keep up the good work..
Two years, six months, one week, five days, 23 hours, 9 minutes and 8
seconds. 27778 cigarettes not smoked, saving £6,222.48. Life saved: 13
weeks, 5 days, 10 hours, 50 minutes....George.

"Michele" <hav...@bigmailbox.net> wrote in message

CuckooCat

Oct 27, 2007, 9:05:49 PM10/27/07
Congrats on your 1st *M* Mike!

You are winning!!!

Rock on!
Cat

"Michele" <hav...@bigmailbox.net> wrote in message

FlatIronMike

Oct 28, 2007, 11:42:56 AM10/28/07
Mike! It is wonderful that you now have a month of smobriety! You
are so right about being able to smell better and the money saved is a
great by-product as well. Now, sit back and enjoy as the Original
Yodeling Gnomes are heading you way to sing songs of smobriety to help
you celebrate this milestone! Keep on keeping on and keep on winning!

FlatironMike
Eight months, two weeks, three days, 13 hours, 12 minutes and 40
seconds. 5191 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,557.05. Life saved: 2
weeks, 4 days, 35 minutes.

Michele

Oct 28, 2007, 12:42:08 PM10/28/07
Sue <seb...@thegrid.net> writes:

> Good for you for getting to 1M!!! The urges will come and go. You
> will get to a point where you think they're gone and then, bingo, one
> will pop up. Just laugh at it.
> Stay strong and stay stubborn and remember that there is no such thing
> as just one.

Thank you very much to everyone. The first month is an important
milestone. I suppose that the phisycal withdrawal should be
totally gone, so one has to watch only the psicological and
behavioural effects.
Today I've gone in a coffee and tobacconist, and while waiting
the espresso I looked at all the cigarette packs aligned on the
bench. Thew was also my last brand of tobacco. But now I don't
smoke anymore.

Michele

Oct 28, 2007, 12:42:09 PM10/28/07
"Lynn" <lynn....@ns.spammenot.sympatico.ca> writes:

> Happy FMD!
> my quit was unplanned as well and it just kept getting bigger as yours
> will.
> Congrats

Thanks.

ANd thanks to all AS3 people. Knowing that someone else had
made the same path, had similaro problems like mike and is
happy to give support and advice is really useful...