saikaku goes 4 WWWWs

Rian

Sep 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/8/98
that's all i wanted to say.

congratulations, buddy.

rian
1m,2w,5d

Chris Cortez

Sep 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/8/98
congrats titatium-balled hellbender.

cpc
1W 1D 15h 34m

nw...@nomail.com

Sep 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/9/98
Rian <rianam...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>that's all i wanted to say.
>
>congratulations, buddy.
>
>rian
>1m,2w,5d

:-)

And I am so happy and proud of my 4 Ws

To others who are just starting on their quits, it really gets better
and better. Believe me, it's a lot lot lot easier to get through the
4th W than it was to get through any day of that first week.

Saikaku

I have kicked Old Nic for Four wonderful weeks, 44 misc minutes and 15
odd seconds. 2242 stinking ciggies not smoked, saving HK$3,363.67.
Life saved: 1 week, 18 hours, 50 minutes.

(yup! even discounting that 44 misc minutes and 15 odd seconds, I
made it past that 4 W gate post, and with the money I am saving, hmmm
maybe I can make an offer to Bill Gates)

nw...@nomail.com

Sep 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/9/98
Chris Cortez <c...@zilker.net> wrote:

>congrats titatium-balled hellbender.

Ahem! I know you wish well. But I rather prefer my present pair even
though I am always hold to ransom by my wife (hmm and gfs) as they are
goddamned ticklish than the world's finest crafted pair whether they
are from steel or titatium or titanium.

Saikaku

I have kicked Old Nic for Four wonderful weeks, 53 misc minutes and 49
odd seconds. 2242 stinking ciggies not smoked, saving HK$3,364.42.

Life saved: 1 week, 18 hours, 50 minutes.

>cpc
>1W 1D 15h 34m

Nick Smith

Sep 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/9/98
Congratulations to you Saikaku!!!
I know it was hard earned :-)

Kelly
"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift, thats why they call it the present"
Loretta LaRoeche

nw...@nomail.com

Sep 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/9/98
"Nick Smith" <kelly...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

I like your little quotation. In a way, it is very similar to one of
my favourite Chinese quotation.

In chinese
Jin jow yeoh jiu, jin jow juay.

Literal translation

Now I got the wine, now I will get drunk.

lateral translation

The present moments are so transient.
relish and enjoy that essence when you can.

SadieR83

Sep 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/9/98
Congrats Saikaku! What does it feel like to have that many W's behind you
already? Must be great! That is something to be proud of, for sure :)

One week, two days, 9 hours, 41 minutes and 46 seconds. 188 cigarettes not
smoked, saving $21.16. Life saved: 15 hours, 40 minutes.

Carol P. - if life were too easy, it wouldn't be worth living :)

nw...@nomail.com

Sep 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/9/98
sadi...@aol.com (SadieR83) wrote:

Earlier, I was going through some rants I did during the bad bad first
week. I was even hitting out at those with many Ws. Guess it is only
in as3 we can do stuff like that without being nuked, flamed and
bombed till we have to cower beneath the computer table.
Just for some laughs, I reproduced that rant below.

And Carol, take it from me, you will feel damn good with 4 Ws behind
you.

Saikaku

I have kicked Old Nic for Four wonderful weeks, 14 bloody hours, 38
misc minutes and 31 odd seconds. 2288 stinking ciggies not smoked,
saving HK$3,433.17. Life saved: 1 week, 22 hours, 40 minutes.

Thanks , to you and others who answered me, and those who just read
and say a pray, and to those who read and did not mock, I say thanks.

A plain fight is no problem.

A continuous fight on and on, and the insidious way Nic try to
rationalize to me is sapping, really soul sapping.

I read here of foggys and vof. I am happy for those hottubbers , those
wtih mutltiple ms and even those with multiple ws.

On the other hand, I am also so fucking jealous and also so fucking
thankful that you do stand there to show that u have done it.

I dunno how you all did so and I want so much to join your ranks.

Saikaku

my first w and a few hours

but that w means 28 packs not smoked
and that few hours meant another pack no smoked

Carol D.

Sep 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/9/98
Saikaku, I remember your first day and wondering how anyone
who smoked as much as you admitted to could quit. And here
you are 4 weeks later showing that anyone can do it if the
attitude is there. You must be so proud! I am, too!

Carol D.

nw...@nomail.com

Sep 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/10/98
"Carol D." <cad...@mci2000.com> wrote:

I was sick and not thinking very clearly to decide to quit.

Do not get me wrong, I am happy that I quit smoking, especially as I
can think even clearer now.

I knew how painful that can be for me. When I was smoking, there were
times when we just cannot smoke. The few hours then without the cig
can kill me. I mentioned earlier in a business flight, I even resort
to stuffing wet tissues around the smoke detectors so I could light
up.

I thought seriously of getting into a hospital that they can put me
under for 5 days or so feeding me via tubes to allow mine body to
detox without pain.

But in the mind fogged up with flu , I decided to quit. The pains of
that quit combined with the flu induced aches into a rhapsody a
sado-masochistic guy will sell their soul to the devil to relish.

As3 played a very major role in my quit. I really could not have done
it without the folks and loonies in this place.

Saikaku

Tim

Sep 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/10/98

nw...@nomail.com wrote in message <35f7dcd7...@news.netvigator.com>...

>And I am so happy and proud of my 4 Ws

>Saikaku

And you ought to be! Congratulations Saikaku!!!!
Fantastic Job !!!! The worst is behind you now :)

Tim
Five months, four weeks, two days, 10 hours, 49 minutes and 23 seconds. 5503
cigarettes not smoked, saving $536.59. Life saved: 2 weeks, 5 days, 2 hours,
35 minutes.

Tim

Sep 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/10/98
nw...@nomail.com wrote in message <35f7a143...@news.netvigator.com>...

>I read here of foggys and vof. I am happy for those hottubbers , those
>wtih mutltiple ms and even those with multiple ws.
>
>On the other hand, I am also so fucking jealous and also so fucking
>thankful that you do stand there to show that u have done it.
>
>I dunno how you all did so and I want so much to join your ranks.
>
>Saikaku

And you are now there! Joined those ranks! It is not a easy thing to do, BUT
it can be done by anyone and everyone, eh? Congratulations on the 4thW !
Great post!

nw...@nomail.com

Sep 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/10/98
"Tim" <ti...@kiva.net> wrote:

Thank you. The worse may be behind me. But it is by no means over
yet. Old Nic gave me a very hard time today. I was so surprised that
at this stage, that bastard still got a goddamned hard punch.

But the thought of that 4 Ws, especially that very first Double U,
have been so hard fought. I just could not give that up for a fucking
ciggie.

Even though I know now that I need not depend on a towel to chew on
with Zyban and patches, I rather not go through that shit again. And
I wanna keep my 4 Ws, and add to it.

Folks, it will be very dangerous to think it is over if you got a few
days lull. Reading the stuff from others here kept me on my toes.
Reading the troubles of others provided me damn good early warnings of
the tricks of Old Nic.

Also, doing some readings of my first few days here refreshed the
horrors that I have been through. That incident today, bad as it was,
is still not of the league of the stuff I had to crawl through in the
first week.

Saikaku

I have kicked Old Nic for Four wonderful weeks, one luvly day, 14
bloody hours, 27 misc minutes and 33 odd seconds. 2368 stinking
ciggies not smoked, saving HK$3,552.25. Life saved: 1 week, 1 day, 5
hours, 20 minutes.

Kathleen61

Sep 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/10/98
>Also, doing some readings of my first few days here refreshed the
>horrors that I have been through. That incident today, bad as it was,
>is still not of the league of the stuff I had to crawl through in the
>first week.
>
>Saikaku
>
>I have kicked Old Nic for Four wonderful weeks, one luvly day, 14
>bloody hours, 27 misc minutes and 33 odd seconds. 2368 stinking
>ciggies not smoked, saving HK$3,552.25. Life saved: 1 week, 1 day, 5
>hours, 20 minutes.

Way to go!!!!! I'm so glad to see that you are still hanging in there!!! I
came back here for a peek just to see if you were still "kicking butts" and was
thrilled to see your name up there right away!

Keep up the fight, I'm sure it will get easier in time.....I smoked hardly at
all compared to you, (and have lost my meter :(...) but I still am enjoying
checking on your progress...

WOOHOO!!!

Quit 8/10/98
Kathleen
Quitter of cigarettes, Reader of King

Rian

Sep 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/10/98
s;

> Old Nic gave me a very hard time today. I was so surprised that
> at this stage, that bastard still got a goddamned hard punch.

gawd--ain't it the fucked up truth! just when you think you're over
him--i get so fucking pissed off! and if that wasn't enough, now i'm
getting fat...waaaaaahhhh! it's not fair!!!!!

rian

Karen Swanson

Sep 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/10/98
Hey There,

A speical CONGRATULAIONS to ya for those wonderful 4 "w's. They start
rolling in faster and faster and before you know its a whole year.

Karen at 11 months and 17 days

Ronald

Sep 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/10/98

> I thought seriously of getting into a hospital that they can put me
> under for 5 days or so feeding me via tubes to allow mine body to
> detox without pain.

My friend, I have been there. Six years ago, I spent 5 days at the
Hazelden Clinic in Minn. Although they specialize in illicit drug and
alcohol detox, they gave a special residential clinic for nic abuse. I
do not know the results of our group, but they still give the program
several times a year.

For me, the physical part of nic withdrawal is a bitch but I've gotten
past it several times. I've not been able to make it through the mental
addiction in the past. This time is going great for me due to AS3. I
guess that some of us need a loooooonnnnnnggggg term clinic.

Congradulations on your soon to be M!

Ronald

2M3W

nw...@nomail.com

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98
kathl...@aol.com (Kathleen61) wrote:

Hey! We are practically quit buddies!

You know what, you will be getting into that hot tub out there a
couple of days before me.

Hmmm I just love those hot tubs. I am an addict to those stuff. It
started when I was working in Taiwan and I was brought by a friend to
visit what they call their 'saunas'.

That was a mind blower. It was not just a sauna. The establishments
(at least 5 that I go to regularly) will have the steam and dry sauna.
They will have a cold sauna (cold room at -10). They will have a
small swimming pool, a very hot pool, a very cold pool , a medicinal
pool. They will be done so exquisitely in jasper, black granite,
jade-like stone and kept absolutely clean. All will scrub themselves
thoroughly before soaking and relaxing in those areas.

Now that's only the beginning. Those areas are termed the wet areas.
The other areas will be 5 times bigger.

After you have your fill and you dry up, you will be provided with
very nice kimonas and you go to the dry area. This will be a top
restaurant where very good Taiwanese food will be served for a price
slightly higher than an ordinary restaurant.

All the cold/soft drinks are on the house, you pay for the beer and
liquor. Ah! all the cigarettes are free as well.

They will have a good library of the latest magazines, chinese chess
and wei chi (called Go by the japs). I am addicted to International
chess and I would bring my set and play it there with another American
friend I introduced to those places.

They will have musicians playing away and singers belting out songs to
us.

Should you get tired sitting out there, there will be a choice of 5-8
movies theathres to chose from. Inevitably, one will be a softporn,
one will be a hardcore to stimulate higher demands from us for their
other 'services' that they provide.

We can return any time to the wet areas and as many times as we chose
to.

I love typhoon warnings. I either will be out by the shore watching
the fury of the waves beating on the break waters or I will go into a
sauna to enjoy myself for the next 24 hours. They operate non-stop
the whole year on a 24 hour day basis.

The saunas did not cost much. It was about 450NT or about 15US$. It
does not matter what time you get in as long as you leave by 12
midnight. After 12 midnight, you will be charged additional of US$5.
It means that you will be sleeping over to morning . It is so
comfortable inside that you may fall asleep, and they have proper beds
for you, with wake-up calls provided.

Unfortunately, they do not understand English. You have to know a few
words of Mandarin to get in and enjoy yourself.

After that, I also took to exploring more of Taiwan and the many hot
springs that dotted all over her. I also go on pilgrimages into Japan
to check out her ryokans built around her hotsprings.

Hmmmm, I am a natural for hot springs and tubs, and Kathleen, we will
check out the hot tub of as3.

Saikaku

I have kicked Old Nic for Four wonderful weeks, two luvly days, 2
bloody hours, 17 misc minutes and 20 odd seconds. 2407 stinking
ciggies not smoked, saving HK$3,611.42. Life saved: 1 week, 1 day, 8
hours, 35 minutes.

nw...@nomail.com

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98
Rian <rianam...@earthlink.net> wrote:

I am damn pissed off at Old Nic and the companies that used him to sic
onto us for their profits.

I breath so much better now. Now my other parts ach before my lungs
(no no! not that part rumored to be made from steel or titanium).

I now do regularly 26 laps of a 50 M pool every other day. I added
jogging and am doing 40 mins on the alternate days.

I am doing martial oriented taijichuan everyday for about an hour.

But I am still getting fat. Yup, it is an unfair world we are in.
But after the smoke out and the tastebuds return, food taste so
exquisite now.

Saikaku

I have kicked Old Nic for Four wonderful weeks, two luvly days, 2

bloody hours, 25 misc minutes and 28 odd seconds. 2408 stinking
ciggies not smoked, saving HK$3,612.08. Life saved: 1 week, 1 day, 8
hours, 40 minutes.

nw...@nomail.com

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98
Ronald <"wak...@zoomnet.net"@mail.zoomnet.net> wrote:

Thanks Ronald, if you have not wrote at that crucial moment during
that first week, I would not have been here about to be an M banging
out these words.

If I have not been sick a month ago with my body in agony and head
thoroughly confused, I would not have cold turkeyed myself.

You and others here in as3 helped me through that physical part. I
only got through by the skin of my teeth.

Without as3, I would have succumbed to Old Nic mind games at least 5
times over the last two weeks.

And most important, with as3 I am actually enjoying this quit!
discovering so many kindred loonies than I know what to do with but to
conspire and plot how to dispose of them dead bodies and to hand out
free tissues to people who just joined us.

Saikaku
I have kicked Old Nic for Four wonderful weeks, two luvly days, 2

bloody hours, 38 misc minutes and 4 odd seconds. 2408 stinking ciggies
not smoked, saving HK$3,613.17. Life saved: 1 week, 1 day, 8 hours, 40
minutes.

hans kleiweg

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
Cong rats on 4 weeks
keep going this way

AND HERE ARE THE RESULTS FOLKS
6m MONTH 2w WEEKS
5d DAYS 12:44 WITHOUT THOSE ROTTEN THINGS,
5,019 CIGGIES NOT SMOKED,
$928.52 GUILDERS SPENT IN A BETTER WAY (4.3 GIG HARD
DISK),
2w 3d 10:15 life saved

On Tue, 08 Sep 1998 13:03:32 -0700, Rian <rianam...@earthlink.net>