Rape

Willow Arune

Apr 8, 2003, 12:05:16 AM4/8/03
A certain person on this list has elected to make an issue out of the fact
that I was - prior to transition - raped. Being raped is not a pleasant
experience especially when it continues for six weeks. As this happened in
a foreign country where torture and such is a norm, I am rather happy to
survive and still be alive.

This person them goes on (aside from many comments suggesting that as a
post-op, I am still male and using masculine pronouns to describe me) to
suggest that I had incompetent therapists and I am not a transsexual.

Those issues I have passed long before and been able to overcome. I had
several very good therapists at the Vancouver Clinic and privately. I
overcame that issue and went on in a short time to SRS. Few would have been
able to do that. I doubt that many on this list have had to experience the
same horrible treatment prior to transition. I am thankful that most will
never have to endure what I experienced.

That someone would stoop so low in making such comments goes beyond any
civil discourse or any normal communication. It is contemptible and crass.
If nothing else, it does show clearly how base and low the person who made
those remarks is - a foul low-life who claims to be TS yet has not even
completed transition.

Yes, having been raped does indeed have an effect. Last night, the story of
the Central Park Jogger on TV and I had to turn it off. You have to try to
live with what happened and that is indeed difficult at times. My
psychiatrist still helps me with that.

I find the actions of this person beneath contempt. While I had stated I
would not respond to any further insults from her/him/it, the comments were
too extreme for me to simply pass them by.

If the rest of you on this list find this to be acceptable behaviour, then
you have my deepest pity. I hope one day you will become human. While this
group is unmoderated, it is still normal to follow civilized conduct, even
in some small matters. That such should happen and the person remain here
to harass others is perhaps unavoidable. I shall treat this person with the
contempt so richly deserved and would urge others to avoid contamination by
association - or communication - with he/she/it.

Willow

Diane

Apr 8, 2003, 12:35:11 AM4/8/03
On Tue, 08 Apr 2003 04:05:16 GMT, "Willow Arune"
<twofru...@shaw.ca> wrote:

> That such should happen and the person remain here
>to harass others is perhaps unavoidable. I shall treat this person with the
>contempt so richly deserved and would urge others to avoid contamination by
>association - or communication - with he/she/it.

Jennifer does have a point... you, yourself in the article about you
that you posted obviously made an issue out of your rape to the
interviewer and then linked it to your decision to transition. It
says so right here...

http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/9630/n990127a.htm
"Willow decided to reverse her gender after a harrowing two years as a
man in Thailand. (S)he travelled there in 1995 to make a loan
transaction with two Americans who authorities later learned had
forged documents. All three were arrested, and Willow - then known as
Will - spent six weeks in a Bangkok prison, where he was repeatedly
raped by the guards.

When he got out on bail, the Thai authorities withheld his passport.
He sought psychological counselling, and his therapist suggested
becoming a woman. "

Since you, yourself, have brought up the issue, publicized it and
linked it to your decision to transition then it would appear
disingenuous at best for you to berate Jennifer for bringing it up
herself.

Willow Arune

Apr 8, 2003, 1:34:12 AM4/8/03
The matter had been cross Canada news for two years - it was hardly new. It
is a fact that it happened. I suppose to you a woman who is named as a rape
victim is publicizing the event. My goodness - the poor Central Park
Jogger! You must see here as a publicity mad zealot!!! No doubt she
deserved what happened - in fact, she probably arranged it for the
publicity!!!

If you had at any time dealt with the media, you would know that one rarely
has the ability to limit what is written, and how the story is presented.
The more public a figure you are (and I was) and the more "sensational" the
story is (i.e. any reference to sex) the less control you have.

Perhaps this is a waste of time. As you implied in an earlier post, you
have had a different life. Perhaps a sheltered one. My experiences are
very different from yours and communication thus suffers.

Yes, I take issue with any person who belittles another for being a victim.

Willow

Diane

Apr 8, 2003, 1:46:15 AM4/8/03
On Tue, 08 Apr 2003 05:34:12 GMT, "Willow Arune"
<twofru...@shaw.ca> wrote:

>The matter had been cross Canada news for two years - it was hardly new. It
>is a fact that it happened. I suppose to you a woman who is named as a rape
>victim is publicizing the event.

An extremely disingenuous statement from someone who is attempting to
make making a career out of his (at the time) rape incident.

Per: http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/9630/n990127a.htm

"A production company has optioned the rights for a screenplay she
wrote about her nightmare in Thailand"

So even you Willow can not have it both ways. You can either
self-promote your rape via screenplays and such or you can be
indignant when someone makes a reference to it. I would counsel you
to "Choose one", but of course you already have.

>If you had at any time dealt with the media, you would know that one rarely
>has the ability to limit what is written, and how the story is presented.

I know that if you had not mentioned your rape in a Canadian newspaper
and then attempted to option it out for a screenplay, we would not be
talking about this now.

>Yes, I take issue with any person who belittles another for being a victim.

And I take issue with anyone who prostitutes and parades their
victimhood, whether it be as a transsexual or a rape victim, in the
apparent interests of self-promotion.

Paulinev01

Apr 8, 2003, 2:37:41 PM4/8/03
>http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/9630/n990127a.htm

>"Willow decided to reverse her gender after a harrowing two years as a
>man in Thailand.

is there any independant verification available of this, or is it just the
story she told to a reporter and the publication that we have to believe?

WHEN ITS TIME ITS TIME

the hardest step of any journey is the first, the most satisfying is the last.

www.TSTGSociety.org

PAULINE/Paula

Diane

Apr 8, 2003, 4:13:45 PM4/8/03
On 08 Apr 2003 18:37:41 GMT, pauli...@cs.com (Paulinev01) wrote:

>>http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/9630/n990127a.htm
>
>>"Willow decided to reverse her gender after a harrowing two years as a
>>man in Thailand.
>
>is there any independant verification available of this, or is it just the
>story she told to a reporter and the publication that we have to believe?

Willow doesn't deny this so we should presume that it's true. I would
imagine that the story is probably much more complicated then that
single sentence.

I've also known several crossdressers who later in life (50's, 60's)
decided to either go full time and/or get SRS. One of them backed out
the evening before hir SRS in Oregon. In any case, it does happen but
I don't tend to think of such people as female really.... more
transgendered (or gender confused) then anything else.

Amanda Angelika

Apr 8, 2003, 4:42:12 PM4/8/03
Behold Paulinev01 at <pauli...@cs.com> Spake unto us in news scroll
and didst say:

|| http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/9630/n990127a.htm
|
|| "Willow decided to reverse her gender after a harrowing two years as
|| a man in Thailand.
|
| is there any independant verification available of this, or is it
| just the story she told to a reporter and the publication that we
| have to believe?

Mmm It looks fairly typical piece of bad tabloid style journalism to me. The first
paragraph says it all, though the bit about going to a restaurant to have hormones is
gem. All thats missing is a topless photo LOL

I think if I was in Willow's position, I think I would be very angry about it makes
it all seem so trivial and sounds more like peice of satire than a serious, sensitive
and respectful account of events.

--
Amanda
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

---

Diane

Apr 8, 2003, 5:01:52 PM4/8/03
On Tue, 8 Apr 2003 21:42:12 +0100, "Amanda Angelika"
<manic...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I think if I was in Willow's position, I think I would be very angry about it makes
>it all seem so trivial and sounds more like peice of satire than a serious, sensitive
>and respectful account of events.

I think you may be missing the obvious conclusion that this was all
related to the journalist by Willow hirself.

Jennifer Usher

Apr 8, 2003, 5:59:13 PM4/8/03
"Willow Arune" <twofru...@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:<0Urka.73269$vs.57...@news3.calgary.shaw.ca>...

> A certain person on this list has elected to make an issue out of the fact
> that I was - prior to transition - raped. Being raped is not a pleasant
> experience especially when it continues for six weeks. As this happened in
> a foreign country where torture and such is a norm, I am rather happy to
> survive and still be alive.

No, a certain person on this list has chosen to make an issue out of
the fact that you transitioned after a therapist advised it as a
treatment for your being raped.

> This person them goes on (aside from many comments suggesting that as a
> post-op, I am still male and using masculine pronouns to describe me) to
> suggest that I had incompetent therapists and I am not a transsexual.

Suggest? No, I think I pretty much asserted those facts.

> Those issues I have passed long before and been able to overcome. I had
> several very good therapists at the Vancouver Clinic and privately. I
> overcame that issue and went on in a short time to SRS. Few would have been
> able to do that. I doubt that many on this list have had to experience the
> same horrible treatment prior to transition. I am thankful that most will
> never have to endure what I experienced.

No, most of us have not. And most, if not all of the rest of us would
not consider such a valid reason to transition and seek surgery.
Especially in a short time.

> That someone would stoop so low in making such comments goes beyond any
> civil discourse or any normal communication. It is contemptible and crass.
> If nothing else, it does show clearly how base and low the person who made
> those remarks is - a foul low-life who claims to be TS yet has not even
> completed transition.

Well, it is clear I have not missed the mark on this one.

> Yes, having been raped does indeed have an effect. Last night, the story of
> the Central Park Jogger on TV and I had to turn it off. You have to try to
> live with what happened and that is indeed difficult at times. My
> psychiatrist still helps me with that.

I don't take rape lightly. Both one of my dearest friends, and my
daughter have been through that experience. Funny thing, neither of
them has felt the slightest need to change gender.

> I find the actions of this person beneath contempt. While I had stated I
> would not respond to any further insults from her/him/it, the comments were
> too extreme for me to simply pass them by.

Yeah, yeah, yeah....I've pulled this one myself.

> If the rest of you on this list find this to be acceptable behaviour, then
> you have my deepest pity. I hope one day you will become human. While this
> group is unmoderated, it is still normal to follow civilized conduct, even
> in some small matters. That such should happen and the person remain here
> to harass others is perhaps unavoidable. I shall treat this person with the
> contempt so richly deserved and would urge others to avoid contamination by
> association - or communication - with he/she/it.

Ah, the dreaded pity card. You can't refute what I said, as it is
based on facts that you made public. Sorry sir, but your remarks
change nothing.

Jennifer Usher

Jennifer Usher

Apr 8, 2003, 6:07:04 PM4/8/03
Diane <diane...@phhhhhffft.org> wrote in message news:<v94kco7...@news.supernews.com>...

Thank you Diane. This person weaves and bobs like a sleazy politician.

Jennifer Usher

Jennifer Usher

Apr 8, 2003, 6:13:14 PM4/8/03
"Willow Arune" <twofru...@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:<obtka.672627$Yo4.53...@news1.calgary.shaw.ca>...

> The matter had been cross Canada news for two years - it was hardly new. It
> is a fact that it happened. I suppose to you a woman who is named as a rape
> victim is publicizing the event. My goodness - the poor Central Park
> Jogger! You must see here as a publicity mad zealot!!! No doubt she
> deserved what happened - in fact, she probably arranged it for the
> publicity!!!

No, I think the names of rape victims should NEVER be publicized. But
let's keep the facts straight here. You were not a woman who was
raped. You were a man who was involved in a shady deal, and you got
caught. Lot's of men get raped in prison. Funny, they don't usually
decide to transition and change sex.

> If you had at any time dealt with the media, you would know that one rarely
> has the ability to limit what is written, and how the story is presented.
> The more public a figure you are (and I was) and the more "sensational" the
> story is (i.e. any reference to sex) the less control you have.

YOU mentioned it to a writer covering YOUR decision to change sex.
The way it is written makes it clear that YOU identified your rape as
the reason that YOU decided to change sex.

> Perhaps this is a waste of time. As you implied in an earlier post, you
> have had a different life. Perhaps a sheltered one. My experiences are
> very different from yours and communication thus suffers.

Yes, Diane has had a different life. She is a transsexual, you
clearly were not. Granted, it IS arguable that you are one now.

> Yes, I take issue with any person who belittles another for being a victim.

Sorry, but NO ONE has belittled you for being a victim. You have been
belittled for being a pompous jerk who has come into this newsgroup
and told we are delusional and ashamed unless we are following your
example and identifying as out, loud, and proud "transsexual women."
I am neither. In fact, most of the time I tend to forget I am even a
transsexual at all.

Jennifer Usher

Jennifer Usher

Apr 8, 2003, 6:15:24 PM4/8/03
Diane <diane...@phhhhhffft.org> wrote in message news:<v94oi0b...@news.supernews.com>...

> On Tue, 08 Apr 2003 05:34:12 GMT, "Willow Arune"
> <twofru...@shaw.ca> wrote:
>
> >The matter had been cross Canada news for two years - it was hardly new. It
> >is a fact that it happened. I suppose to you a woman who is named as a rape
> >victim is publicizing the event.
>
> An extremely disingenuous statement from someone who is attempting to
> make making a career out of his (at the time) rape incident.
>
> Per: http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/9630/n990127a.htm
>
> "A production company has optioned the rights for a screenplay she
> wrote about her nightmare in Thailand"

You know, that is all we need. Some idiot teaching the world that men
decide to be women because they got sodomized. That is really going
to help educate people.

> So even you Willow can not have it both ways. You can either
> self-promote your rape via screenplays and such or you can be
> indignant when someone makes a reference to it. I would counsel you
> to "Choose one", but of course you already have.
>
> >If you had at any time dealt with the media, you would know that one rarely
> >has the ability to limit what is written, and how the story is presented.
>
> I know that if you had not mentioned your rape in a Canadian newspaper
> and then attempted to option it out for a screenplay, we would not be
> talking about this now.
>
> >Yes, I take issue with any person who belittles another for being a victim.
>
> And I take issue with anyone who prostitutes and parades their
> victimhood, whether it be as a transsexual or a rape victim, in the
> apparent interests of self-promotion.

Well put Diane.

Jennifer Usher

Jennifer Usher

Apr 8, 2003, 6:19:19 PM4/8/03
pauli...@cs.com (Paulinev01) wrote in message news:<20030408143741...@mb-fu.news.cs.com>...

> >http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/9630/n990127a.htm
>
> >"Willow decided to reverse her gender after a harrowing two years as a
> >man in Thailand.
>
> is there any independant verification available of this, or is it just the
> story she told to a reporter and the publication that we have to believe?

Let's see... Thid was interviewed, posted a link to the article, and
never stated that there were any errors or misquotes in it. Looks
pretty much like all the verification anyone could ask for.

And this sort of thing is not without precedent. I read a book
several years ago by a "former transsexual" who reverted after getting
religion. It was obvious that he was NEVER a transsexual and that a
therapist had pushed him into having surgery.

Jennifer Usher

Paulinev01

Apr 8, 2003, 7:56:47 PM4/8/03
>> >"Willow decided to reverse her gender after a harrowing two years as a
>> >man in Thailand.

Thialand is one of the more gender nuteral nations. They have various ways of
dealing with gender. If there were a problem with the law there and she spent
time in jail, was raped it would be more likely that she would have been taken
to an airport and sent back to the united states. If on the other hand she were
free inThialand and detained for no ligt reason the american Embasy would have
reissued her pasport and taken her out of the country.

Seeing a tharapist there would have been useless unless volintary. I love
Thialans, the people are wonderful. I hope to go back one day, I lived there
for a years in the 60"s. ( the war you know).

I would like to see independant varification of her story so as to see if these
people would have taken and abused her this way.

The story is tragic, but having bought into lmany storys in the past I wish
proof. Did it happen, or did she make it up , give it to a reporter and try to
sell it as a movie.

Hell, If its fiction its one hell of a good one. if true, a very bad inditement
for the people who mis treated her.

Amanda Angelika

Apr 8, 2003, 8:59:41 PM4/8/03
Behold Diane at <diane...@phhhhhffft.org> Spake unto us in news scroll
and didst say:

Well not impossible I don't know Willow at all really. I suppose one does wonder why,
if the story is true why it sounds like a tale of BDSM/ enforced feminisation and you
put 2 + 2 together and it comes to Transvestite! LOL.

That said though having had some minor dealings with journalists myself and having
known others who have even appeared in National Newspapers and TV in the UK. The way
journalists write things in relation to TG and TS people can often be insensitive,
sensationalised, cliched, popularist, and border on soft tranny porn in it's style.
So I dare say this could be the case.

Mind one does wonder why she hasn't done what a friend of mine once did and go round
and throttle the journalist LOL ;) Though I suppose sometimes people can get so
carried away with the notariety of appearing in a Newspaper, they turn a blind eye to
the fact that everything they said has been twisted round to some kind of "angle" and
in many ways their innocence and trust has been abused, at worse journalism can
sometimes seem like a form of psycholgical rape in itself.

Diane

Apr 8, 2003, 9:36:07 PM4/8/03
On Wed, 9 Apr 2003 01:59:41 +0100, "Amanda Angelika"
<manic...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Mind one does wonder why she hasn't done what a friend of mine once did and go round
>and throttle the journalist LOL ;)

I doubt that the journalist ( or anyone else) would have known what
had transpired in a prison in Thailand unless Willow herself provided
in the details. The bit about the therapist suggesting transition as
a "cure" for the problems the prison rape brought up is something that
only could have been relayed by Willow as well.

Of course it is always possible that the journalist got things badly
screwed up but then one would not have expected Willow to so readily
point us to that article to verify things that she had said.

I've seen self-promoting trannies for years (usually on day time TV)
and I'm not impressed. Changing sex in the hopes of becoming some
sort of hero or movie star is, IMHO, an incredibly bad idea and one
that rarely, if ever these days, pans out. Fortunately we're just too
common - the days of Christine Jorgenson and Renee Richards are
thankfully long past.

Amanda Angelika

Apr 9, 2003, 8:37:14 AM4/9/03
Behold Diane at <diane...@phhhhhffft.org> Spake unto us in news scroll
and didst say:

| On Wed, 9 Apr 2003 01:59:41 +0100, "Amanda Angelika"
| <manic...@hotmail.com> wrote:
|| Mind one does wonder why she hasn't done what a friend of mine once
|| did and go round and throttle the journalist LOL ;)
|
| I doubt that the journalist ( or anyone else) would have known what
| had transpired in a prison in Thailand unless Willow herself provided
| in the details. The bit about the therapist suggesting transition as
| a "cure" for the problems the prison rape brought up is something that
| only could have been relayed by Willow as well.
|
| Of course it is always possible that the journalist got things badly
| screwed up but then one would not have expected Willow to so readily
| point us to that article to verify things that she had said.

Yes that's true. It's difficult to say I suppose. I did have a journalism student
create a Website about me as a University project once. And also had a minor
appearance in a Welsh language TV program about the sex lives of the Welsh (I'm
afraid
A Post Op Welsh speaking Transsexual Vicar, stole the lime-lite there, well I just
couldn't compete there. ;) ) Also once appeared in a local Freebee Fashion and
Culture magazine as part of an article publicising a club.

Since I had only just gone full-time at the time I realised from these minor
incidents of notoriety that one can do without that sort of thing. Well it can
prevent one from living ones life quietly as a relatively ordinary person let alone
as a woman and has the potential to create more problems in one's life than it is
worth.

| I've seen self-promoting trannies for years (usually on day time TV)
| and I'm not impressed. Changing sex in the hopes of becoming some
| sort of hero or movie star is, IMHO, an incredibly bad idea and one
| that rarely, if ever these days, pans out. Fortunately we're just too
| common - the days of Christine Jorgenson and Renee Richards are
| thankfully long past.

I suppose if it were possible to attract huge amounts of money through this sort of
thing it might have some attraction, but generally notoriety of this sort is a pain
in the butt and has the potential to interfere in a very negative way in ones life,
and as you point out the days of TS rarity and the potential for big bucks are long
gone. Well even the Vicar only got 50 quid and was still complaining about having
difficulties in using Ladies rest rooms in her home village, I wonder why ;?
Trannies on TV is seen as Low budget "reality" TV and IMO one gets involved in it
entirely at one's own risk and/or through one's own stupidity.

Well I suppose it sounds a bit condemning of Willows motives. But it does appear from
that article even if it is half true that her transition period has been very short
and it can I think take a while to learn about the pitfalls of publicity as a TS, or
even as a full-time TG person for that matter.

One notable aspect about it though, is there is no picture, and Willow may not be
entirely who or what she says she is. This doesn't necessarily the person behind this
is not TS or TG but it seems unlikely that anyone desirous of a quiet unmolested life
as a TS Woman would want to do this sort of thing. But then it takes all sorts to
make up a world and if one is willing to pay the price of this sort of notoriety then
it's fair enough.

Willow Arune

Apr 9, 2003, 11:00:42 AM4/9/03
Just what independent evidence would you like? Other news stories -
including those from the trial. The material I got under the Privacy Act
from Ottawa? Given the nature of negative comments thus far, I personally
would not be willing to provide anything more to a group such as this.

I most certainly was not involved in a shady deal as is suggested as is
shown by the fact that our Leader of the Opposition in the House of Commons
flew to Bangkok to get me out of the Thai clutches, something historically
unique. A national leader does not waste his time of energy on a person who
simple gets caught.

Willow

Willow Arune

Apr 9, 2003, 11:12:26 AM4/9/03
Pauline,

The American embassy would do nothing - I am Canadian. Our small embassy
did what they could but the real push to get me out of the country came when
Preston Manning, the leader of our Opposition in the House of Commons and
his Foreign Affairs Critic, Bob Mills, flew to Thailand to drive a deal with
the Thai government to get me out of the country. that was and remains an
historical first, one and only. Political leaders do not do that as a rule,
one testament to my prior status and profile.

Oh yes, the four Thai judges were bribed to let me out on bail after seven
weeks. They did not give receipts.

Or would you prefer the notes of the psychiatrist who has treated me for
five years for PTSD? Of course, I might demand proof of your stores as
well, if they were of interest in any way.

Proof? What sillies?

Willow

Willow Arune

Apr 9, 2003, 11:20:11 AM4/9/03
"Support" is part of the title of this organization. Rather silly word to
use for what happens here.

I am dismayed and disquisted at the posts regarding my Thai experience. I
have replied to those posted that seemed to contain more than insults, but
most certainly any other victim will never come forward in this group to
seek assistance after this effort by Jennifer Usher and Diane. Demanding
proof is right off the wall - the story was covered nationally for over two
years.

As to the bad taste in using the wrong pronouns, I thought that stupid game
ceased long ago - and it has in most civil TS groups. Even stupider when
the person making the comment still has a penis and yet calls herself a
woman. Bah! Humbug! the group of you are loathsome creatures that seem to
delight in slinking about in the mud... You are so distorted you cannot
recognize a person who honours her reputation and is credited for that.

Willow

Willow Arune

Apr 9, 2003, 1:18:09 PM4/9/03
Amanda,

You speak from your experiences. Let me speak from mine...

Firstly, as a lawyer I had a high public profile in B.C. - higher than your
vicar. I had been involved politically, had my own TV program for four
years (and no, I do not intend to provide "proof" of this to any standard).
When I departed for Thailand, I had a rich history of community service and
was very well known.

The incidents in Thailand were carried from coast to coast in Canada. I was
finally let out of the country after our Leader of the Opposition in the
House of Commons flew over to drive a deal with the Thai government - again
under the view of the press. As I saw it then and now, the publicity in
Canada kept me safe - it is easy to be killed in Bangkok and the deed only
costs $20US. Petty cash for Citibank and the Royal Thai police. Does your
Leader of the Opposition in the House of Commons even know your name?? Or
Tony Blaire. If not, you are in a different world and ill equipped to offer
judgments.

Now, after returning, the very first interview asked the question "Were you
raped". I answered "yes" and that was all. The media followed from there.

After some time, newspapers follow up on stories. They had covered the
original story, knew that I was of interest, and contacted me to find
Willow. The result is obvious - or should be. while you may have been
permitted to return to obscurity, I did not have that luxury. It was then
that I wrote the screenplay and sold the rights to my life story - simply to
get my point across. Many saw news of the initial - and corrupt - arrest.
That had damaged my reputation in some circles. I needed to correct that.

I repeat - all of you are basing comments on very partial information. Do
you seriously believe a rape victim wants to talk about that???!!!.
Nonsense. But by not talking, the Thai government would have been given a
free ride. Instead, I became a thorn in their side. And still am. I
became a witness against them during extratadition proceedings in another
matter, as I am also a witness against the accused in the Air India bombing
of 12 years ago. That resulted in FBI protective surveillance as I was
living in the United States during the first Air India trail.

Low budget reality TV?? Heck no - top in the media for an interview on a
daily TV show. The host, a friend for over 25 years, introduced me as the
most honest and trustworthy person he had ever known. No Jerry Springer.
The newspapers - feature articles not shoved onto the back pages. My return
from Thailand - front page above the fold. Oh yes, someone, maybe you,
mentioned photos to prove who I was. What tripe! If attachments were
permitted here, I might - but that would only result in JU and DM commencing
an insulting series of posts as two how I looked - without the opportunity
to reply. Am I the entity? Damn rights I am, honey. And at 56, I look
very good but have no desire to "prove" that to the group who inhabit this
list. Do you know how insulting you are to even ask that???

"One's own risk and stupidity"?? For you, perhaps. Those who are not
public can easily crawl back into the shadows. That type of assumption
belongs to JU.
How quick you and this group are to rush to judgment - to malign others
based only on your won experiences. Yet you hold up hold up the banner of
"support".

As to an unmolested life, I determined during transition that I would use my
skills to help the TS/TG community, to gain the rights we need. Your birth
certificate laws are changing. Would that have happened unless some were
willing to stand up and be counted. Of course not. Yet you, who did
nothing, get a benefit. Nice, that. I am using my legal and political
skills to advance TS/TG rights in Canada, my country. Unlike, you, and JU
and DM (or so I assume) who do nothing, I am indeed doing something. And
honey, when you do something for our community you are public no matter what
you wish to be.

Fine, lay back and take a free ride. That's what you appear to be doing.
But remember that some must step forward to get you that free ride. The way
I see things, you then turn around and insult the very people who made an
easier life for you possible. And I have my own view of that type of
person...

without you lifting a finger. And instead of supporting the person who
tries, rip them apart when you can from your shallow principles.

I am accused of telling those here how to do things. Not a bit. Just
continue to sit back and enjoy the free ride, as you are doing. Don't march
for justice, don't fight for marriage rights or name change. Let others do
that. Continue in mediocrity and nothingness. Hide, but all means.

Bah! Maybe the Welch are as Churchill said...

Willow

Elaine

Apr 9, 2003, 1:52:19 PM4/9/03

"Willow Arune" <twofru...@shaw.ca> wrote

> Fine, lay back and take a free ride. That's what you appear to be doing.
> But remember that some must step forward to get you that free ride. The
way
> I see things, you then turn around and insult the very people who made an
> easier life for you possible. And I have my own view of that type of
> person...

> without you lifting a finger. And instead of supporting the person who
> tries, rip them apart when you can from your shallow principles.

That is simply not true. No one gets a "free ride", especially now with the
activists becoming more visible each day.

I read of problems transsexual people have here and the only thing I can
attribute it to is the increased awareness of society, an awareness that
seems to be mostly negative.

I transitioned before the internet....before Jerry Springer, and overall I
can say that I had few problems. I began being as stealth as I could and I
had no problems changing my credentials. After SRS, changing my birth
certificate was a simple matter. I did have a severe financial struggle but
no more so than any other person beginning in a new place with few contacts
and armed only with skills in a field that at that time was dominated by
men.

I will support, in any way I can, those women struggling quietly through
transition, but I would not even acknowledge the transgendered activist
groups which unnecessarily include transsexual people in their agenda and
are succeeding only in slowing down and possibly even reversing the gains
made by them over the last 40 years.

As I said.....I would really hate to try to transition today........I feel
like I was the one who really had the "free ride".

Amanda Angelika

Apr 9, 2003, 2:19:59 PM4/9/03

"Willow Arune" <twofru...@shaw.ca> wrote in message

Well you know what they say
"Angels Fly Because They Take Themselves Lightly"
LOL ;)

Diane

Apr 9, 2003, 2:35:50 PM4/9/03
On Wed, 9 Apr 2003 13:37:14 +0100, "Amanda Angelika"
<manic...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>One notable aspect about it though, is there is no picture, and Willow may not be
>entirely who or what she says she is

Understandable sentiment considering the kind of people who have come
here.... But Willow is exactly who she says that she is. Picture is
here:

http://profiles.yahoo.com/willow_arune

Willow Arune

Apr 9, 2003, 2:44:58 PM4/9/03
Dear Laura,

You are indeed right. You know, it make me wonder who we try to gain rights
for these types. After a session here, I must confess I would love to leave
them in the mud they create for themselves. After all, I am fine with my
life as you are with yours.

Happily, other groups have more support and courtesy. The minority here do
not represent most TS/TG people. They represent a small cancer at best.
The majority here are content - or so it seems - to sit back and say or do
nothing, from fear of attack if no other reason. That is the silent
majority everywhere. It is impossible to get them to do anything - even to
defend themselves.

I am puzzled why this group even exists. This is supposed to represent
"support"? for whom??? At best, it is a bad sit-com for JU and DM - and a
few others I suppose.

Hugs,
Willow

Diane

Apr 9, 2003, 2:52:03 PM4/9/03
On Wed, 09 Apr 2003 15:12:26 GMT, "Willow Arune"
<twofru...@shaw.ca> wrote:

>Or would you prefer the notes of the psychiatrist who has treated me for
>five years for PTSD? Of course, I might demand proof of your stores as
>well, if they were of interest in any way.

I think that people are naturally concerned with the link between your
experience and the decision to get SRS thereafter. The newspaper
article that you quoted indicated that your decision to transition
occurred because of your rape experience while still in jail.

This naturally sets of some red flags to most post-ops who's personal
experience and the experience of all they have met thus far has been
that TSs feel that they need to change gender from a very early age.

I would ask you if you had been an active crossdresser from an early
age - my assumption is that you had been. I gave known
crossdressers who decided to go full time to varying degrees later on
in life - late fifties to sixties - as you have done. I know of
possibly only one other TS who choose to wait such a long time - most
of us are unable to survive that long.

So I put together your extremely late transition along with your
obvious identification with non-TS individuals, transgendered people
and drag queens (Lyle, Jenice, etc) and wonder if you are one of
those individuals who are primarily a crossdresser and then decided to
go further in their fifties. I don't know one way or another of
course but I do know that your experience (lack of prior strong need
to change physical sex, extremely late transition, etc) is much
different from the other TSs that I have encountered.

Diane

Apr 9, 2003, 2:57:00 PM4/9/03
On Wed, 09 Apr 2003 15:20:11 GMT, "Willow Arune"
<twofru...@shaw.ca> wrote:

>but
>most certainly any other victim will never come forward in this group to
>seek assistance after this effort by Jennifer Usher and Diane. Demanding
>proof is right off the wall - the story was covered nationally for over two
>years.

You continually insist on misinterpreting what I am saying. By the
numbers (once again)....

1. I do not now nor ever have demanded proof of your experience. I
take you at your word that rape occurred while you were a man in a
men's prison in Thailand.

2. My only point of contention is your pretending to be victimized by
this discussion while AT THE SAME TIME publicizing your rape
experience in various newspapers and even attempting to write a
screenplay about it.

3. You can not have it both ways. You can not be indignant about some
alleged invasion of your privacy about an incident while at the same
time putting the incident up for sale on the big screen.

Diane

Apr 9, 2003, 3:00:28 PM4/9/03
On Wed, 09 Apr 2003 12:09:32 -0400, L D Blake <ldb...@sympatico.ca>
wrote:

>This is a wise decision Willow. I have, over the years, provided various
>references and documentary proof to people here and the result was always the
>same... my references received highly defamatory e-mails and any proof fell to
>accusations of forgery.

From www.trannytrolls.us

Laura sometimes claims to have 10,000 pages of documentation in his
"files" about transgendered issues

Laura Blake said:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=986ctt%24rga%243%40plutonium.btinternet.com&OE=UTF-8&output=gplain
> My e-mail (ldb...@region.net) and phone number (1-905-688-1309) are
both
> in the FAQ, they are both direct to me contacts, I will answer both or
> either personally... If you want references I will be happy to provide
> them. If you want to see documentation, I've over 10,000 pages in my files
> to back up my claims.

..............sometimes though it's only 5,000 pages....

Laura Blake said:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=z3vll2xp.csfx%40xpiwn.net&OE=UTF-8&output=gplain
>Once again she's
>incorrect and about 5,000 pages of correspondence in my files will show that
>much to anyone who cares to look.

............. and sometimes it's 20,000 pages <g>

Laura Blake said:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=37bb4550.6964209%40news.sprint.ca&OE=UTF-&output=gplain
>I'm not going to dump 30 years of
>investigation, 20,000 pages of files, and 10 years of successfule advocacy
>work out the window, just because 6 or 8 braind dead transsexuals can't
>leave me alone.

Sometimes Laura confuses the number of pages of transgendered
documentation he has with the hate mail that he claims to receive ...

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=xSV%258.628%240m5.7354%40eagle.america.net&OE=UTF-8&output=gplain

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=ywmU8.218322%24R61.78864%40rwcrnsc52.ops.asp.att.net&OE=UTF-&output=gplain
>We are discussing
> about 30,000 pieces of hate mail, all the dirty tricks, false police
> reports, harassing phone calls and the whole stalker gambit.

The only thing for sure is that Laura likes really big numbers <g>.

Jennifer Usher

Apr 9, 2003, 3:07:44 PM4/9/03
"Willow Arune" <twofru...@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:<uAWka.85572$vs.78...@news3.calgary.shaw.ca>...

Another round of weaving, ducking, and dodging. The question at hand
is, did the person using the name Willow have SRS as a result of being
sodomized in a Thailand prison? Notice how this person avoids that
issue, and tries to misdirect the discussion?

Jennifer Usher

Jennifer Usher

Apr 9, 2003, 3:10:41 PM4/9/03
"Amanda Angelika" <manic...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<b6vbm7$9cacn$1...@ID-172934.news.dfncis.de>...

> Behold Paulinev01 at <pauli...@cs.com> Spake unto us in news scroll
> and didst say:
> || http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/9630/n990127a.htm
>
> || "Willow decided to reverse her gender after a harrowing two years as
> || a man in Thailand.
> |
> | is there any independant verification available of this, or is it
> | just the story she told to a reporter and the publication that we
> | have to believe?
> |

> Mmm It looks fairly typical piece of bad tabloid style journalism to me. The first
> paragraph says it all, though the bit about going to a restaurant to have hormones is
> gem. All thats missing is a topless photo LOL

I disagree. It sounds like the journalist was honest. That this
person does not pass, and that Willow's quotes were the basis of the
statement that SRS was sought because of the rape.

> I think if I was in Willow's position, I think I would be very angry about it makes
> it all seem so trivial and sounds more like peice of satire than a serious, sensitive
> and respectful account of events.

BUT, Willow is obviously quite proud of it.

Jennifer Usher

Jennifer Usher

Apr 9, 2003, 3:13:05 PM4/9/03
"Amanda Angelika" <manic...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<b6vqrd$8rk3o$1...@ID-172934.news.dfncis.de>...

> Well not impossible I don't know Willow at all really. I suppose one does wonder why,
> if the story is true why it sounds like a tale of BDSM/ enforced feminisation and you
> put 2 + 2 together and it comes to Transvestite! LOL.

Actually, it probably sounds that way because that is what is at the
heart of the whole thing.

> That said though having had some minor dealings with journalists myself and having
> known others who have even appeared in National Newspapers and TV in the UK. The way
> journalists write things in relation to TG and TS people can often be insensitive,
> sensationalised, cliched, popularist, and border on soft tranny porn in it's style.
> So I dare say this could be the case.
>
> Mind one does wonder why she hasn't done what a friend of mine once did and go round
> and throttle the journalist LOL ;) Though I suppose sometimes people can get so
> carried away with the notariety of appearing in a Newspaper, they turn a blind eye to
> the fact that everything they said has been twisted round to some kind of "angle" and
> in many ways their innocence and trust has been abused, at worse journalism can
> sometimes seem like a form of psycholgical rape in itself.

Again, the person using the name "Willow" clearly is proud of the
story. So, it must stand on its own merits.

Jennifer Usher

Diane

Apr 9, 2003, 3:18:49 PM4/9/03
On Wed, 09 Apr 2003 17:18:09 GMT, "Willow Arune"
<twofru...@shaw.ca> wrote:
>You speak from your experiences. Let me speak from mine...
>
>Firstly, as a lawyer I had a high public profile in B.C. - higher than your
>vicar. I had been involved politically, had my own TV program for four
>years (and no, I do not intend to provide "proof" of this to any standard).
>When I departed for Thailand, I had a rich history of community service and
>was very well known.

TRANSLATION: How many times do I have to tell you people that I am a
big an important person ? Sheesh!

>The incidents in Thailand were carried from coast to coast in Canada. I was
>finally let out of the country after our Leader of the Opposition in the
>House of Commons flew over to drive a deal with the Thai government - again
>under the view of the press. As I saw it then and now, the publicity in
>Canada kept me safe - it is easy to be killed in Bangkok and the deed only
>costs $20US. Petty cash for Citibank and the Royal Thai police. Does your
>Leader of the Opposition in the House of Commons even know your name?? Or
>Tony Blaire. If not, you are in a different world and ill equipped to offer
>judgments.

TRANSLATION: How many times do I have to tell you people that I am a
big an important person ? Sheesh! Apparently one more time.

>Now, after returning, the very first interview asked the question "Were you
>raped". I answered "yes" and that was all. The media followed from there.

TRANSLATION: Spin

>I repeat - all of you are basing comments on very partial information. Do
>you seriously believe a rape victim wants to talk about that???!!!.

TRANSLATION: I'm not going to talk about it. So you'll just have to
see my move or buy my book!

>Nonsense. But by not talking, the Thai government would have been given a
>free ride. Instead, I became a thorn in their side. And still am. I
>became a witness against them during extratadition proceedings in another
>matter, as I am also a witness against the accused in the Air India bombing
>of 12 years ago. That resulted in FBI protective surveillance as I was
>living in the United States during the first Air India trail.

TRANSLATION: I'm still a celebrity....

>Low budget reality TV?? Heck no - top in the media for an interview on a
>daily TV show

TRANSLATION:You *do* remember that I'm important don't you?

>As to an unmolested life, I determined during transition that I would use my
>skills to help the TS/TG community, to gain the rights we need. Your birth
>certificate laws are changing. Would that have happened unless some were
>willing to stand up and be counted.

TRANSLATION: I;m going to link myself to important stuff that I had
nothing to do with again....

> Of course not. Yet you, who did
>nothing, get a benefit. Nice, that.

TRANSLATION: I'm better then you are nyah...nyah..nyah....

> I am using my legal and political
>skills to advance TS/TG rights in Canada, my country. Unlike, you, and JU
>and DM (or so I assume) who do nothing, I am indeed doing something. And
>honey, when you do something for our community you are public no matter what
>you wish to be.

TRANSLATION: I didn't WANT to write a screenplay about my rape ... I
NEEDED to in order to help YOU. You do see that don't you?

>Fine, lay back and take a free ride. That's what you appear to be doing.
>But remember that some must step forward to get you that free ride. The way
>I see things, you then turn around and insult the very people who made an
>easier life for you possible

TRANSLATION: Jesus Christ! Not only am I important - I'm a martyr
for you guys! I forgive you though you for you know not what you
do....

>I am accused of telling those here how to do things. Not a bit. Just
>continue to sit back and enjoy the free ride, as you are doing. Don't march
>for justice, don't fight for marriage rights or name change. Let others do
>that. Continue in mediocrity and nothingness. Hide, but all means.
>
>Bah! Maybe the Welch are as Churchill said...

TRANSLATION: And SCREW YOU if you don'; think I'm important!

Diane

Apr 9, 2003, 3:22:19 PM4/9/03
On Wed, 09 Apr 2003 18:44:58 GMT, "Willow Arune"
<twofru...@shaw.ca> wrote:
>Happily, other groups have more support and courtesy. The minority here do
>not represent most TS/TG people. They represent a small cancer at best.
>The majority here are content - or so it seems - to sit back and say or do
>nothing, from fear of attack if no other reason. That is the silent
>majority everywhere. It is impossible to get them to do anything - even to
>defend themselves.

Could be also that we've waded in enough bullsh*t flowing through here
that the hip waders are giving us a rash??

Diane

Apr 9, 2003, 3:23:44 PM4/9/03
On 9 Apr 2003 12:07:44 -0700, jenni...@earthlink.net (Jennifer

Usher) wrote:
>Another round of weaving, ducking, and dodging. The question at hand
>is, did the person using the name Willow have SRS as a result of being
>sodomized in a Thailand prison? Notice how this person avoids that
>issue, and tries to misdirect the discussion?

If Willow is in denial of such a link to herself then she would be
incapable of recognizing it... and you shouldn;t expect her to address
it.

Paulinev01

Apr 9, 2003, 3:49:05 PM4/9/03
>Proof? What sillies?
>
>Willow

As I said if it was fiction it was good, if it is real very horrable.

I had the impression you were american.

As far as bribing a judge in Thialand, well that is how they make thier money.
unfortunate but very true.

When I was there the price you mentioned was about 800 baht.

Why did it take 2 years to get out. could you not have found a way out even
without a passport?

Bribing being a national passtime I would think it might have been easy.
No I am not making fun about bribing, that is their way.

>I might demand proof of your stores as
>well, if they were of interest in any way.

as you say if they were of interest. and you would be welcome to check any of
them out. One problem about using a reall name and addy around here is nothing
is private.

I do not have a nexis or lexis account, but if you send the links I would be
interested in reading about the information. Really.

Why were you arrested in the first place? What were the charges? and the two
you were their to meet, why. Couriosity is hell.

P /B

Diane

Apr 9, 2003, 4:09:26 PM4/9/03
On 09 Apr 2003 19:49:05 GMT, pauli...@cs.com (Paulinev01) wrote:

>Why did it take 2 years to get out. could you not have found a way out even
>without a passport?

That's actually an excellent question Pauline!
It would seem that a trip to the Canadian embassy would get one a new
passport within a short period of time.

Willow?? Any comments?

Diane

Apr 9, 2003, 4:50:35 PM4/9/03
On Wed, 09 Apr 2003 15:12:40 -0400, L D Blake <ldb...@sympatico.ca>
wrote:

>>Another round of weaving, ducking, and dodging. The question at hand

>>is, did the person using the name Willow have SRS as a result of being
>>sodomized in a Thailand prison?
>

>Actually, the REAL question is:
>What makes you think it's any of your goddamned business?

Ummm.... could it be the SCREENPLAY that she's writing about it?

Amanda Angelika

Apr 9, 2003, 5:05:50 PM4/9/03
"Diane" <diane...@phhhhhffft.org> wrote in message

LOL Yes I think that sort of sizes that up ;)

It is strange how Willow claims to be and out and proud TS a famous Lawer and TV
host/ess who was at the centre of an international incident who is a personal friend
of her Prime Minister, but is unwilling to show any documentary evidence to this
effect at all or even give a former name. This is bound to lead one to the conclusion
that there is no documentary evidence in existence because a large proportion of this
stuff is fictional and extremely far fetched.

Diane

Apr 9, 2003, 5:11:38 PM4/9/03
On Wed, 9 Apr 2003 22:05:50 +0100, "Amanda Angelika"
<manic...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>It is strange how Willow claims to be and out and proud TS a famous Lawer and TV
>host/ess who was at the centre of an international incident who is a personal friend
>of her Prime Minister, but is unwilling to show any documentary evidence to this
>effect at all or even give a former name

You know, I'm sure there's a grain of truth to most everything she
says. I am just very wary of people who appear to be, imho, so
obviously self-promoting themselves. Such behavior makes me cautious
about anything that comes my way from such people.

I'm also concerned abut the her linking herself with Lyle - a person
is known by the company that they keep and if one chooses to take the
company of a Usenet kook and troll.... well then....

Diane

Apr 9, 2003, 5:16:30 PM4/9/03
On Wed, 09 Apr 2003 17:06:00 -0400, L D Blake <ldb...@sympatico.ca>
wrote:

>>>Actually, the REAL question is:
>>>What makes you think it's any of your goddamned business?
>>
>>Ummm.... could it be the SCREENPLAY that she's writing about it?
>

>And exactly how is THAT any of your business?

You mean before or after I spend my 8 bucks to see the movie?
Or are you merely suggesting I should read the book Lyle?

;)

Amanda Angelika

Apr 9, 2003, 5:49:08 PM4/9/03

"Diane" <diane...@phhhhhffft.org> wrote in message

Yes well I suppose Willow will get the infamous LB FO at some point and be forever
deemed to be weak-minded, it does seem to happen to most people eventually. ;)

Diane

Apr 9, 2003, 5:43:39 PM4/9/03
On Wed, 9 Apr 2003 22:49:08 +0100, "Amanda Angelika"
<manic...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Yes well I suppose Willow will get the infamous LB FO at some point and be forever
>deemed to be weak-minded, it does seem to happen to most people eventually. ;)

Lyle is kinda like a trannie time-cube guy. If you don't believe his
thoeries you are forever doomed to be stupid and evil.

Amanda Angelika

Apr 9, 2003, 6:19:49 PM4/9/03

"Diane" <diane...@phhhhhffft.org> wrote in message

Yes Laura does act like that unfortunately. I don't dislike Laura though. I try to
get on with everyone really even if this doesn't always work.

Jennifer Usher

Apr 9, 2003, 6:44:08 PM4/9/03
"Willow Arune" <twofru...@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:<uLWka.85655$vs.78...@news3.calgary.shaw.ca>...

Paula asked if there was proof that you had chose to have surgery
because of being raped. Why are you trying to dodge that issue?

Jennifer Usher

Jennifer Usher

Apr 9, 2003, 6:45:23 PM4/9/03
"Willow Arune" <twofru...@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:<KSZka.86288$vs.79...@news3.calgary.shaw.ca>...

> I am puzzled why this group even exists. This is supposed to represent
> "support"? for whom??? At best, it is a bad sit-com for JU and DM - and a
> few others I suppose.

Then why don't you tuck Lyle up under your arm and leave?

Jennifer Usher

Jennifer Usher

Apr 9, 2003, 6:48:54 PM4/9/03
"Willow Arune" <twofru...@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:<LSWka.682781$Yo4.57...@news1.calgary.shaw.ca>...

> I am dismayed and disquisted at the posts regarding my Thai experience. I
> have replied to those posted that seemed to contain more than insults, but

> most certainly any other victim will never come forward in this group to
> seek assistance after this effort by Jennifer Usher and Diane. Demanding
> proof is right off the wall - the story was covered nationally for over two
> years.

Please cut the self-pity and poor victim crap. No one has even
questioned that you were raped. The ONLY issue that Diane, and
myself, have raised is how that led to your transition. You keep
trying smoke and mirrors to hide from this issue. You are not really
fooling anyone.

> As to the bad taste in using the wrong pronouns, I thought that stupid game
> ceased long ago - and it has in most civil TS groups. Even stupider when
> the person making the comment still has a penis and yet calls herself a
> woman. Bah! Humbug! the group of you are loathsome creatures that seem to
> delight in slinking about in the mud... You are so distorted you cannot
> recognize a person who honours her reputation and is credited for that.

It is not a game. I see you as a man, and I refer to you as a man.
Now, again, if we are so bad, leave. Stay, and you only make your
words seem even sillier.

Jennifer Usher

Jennifer Usher

Apr 9, 2003, 6:51:06 PM4/9/03
Diane <diane...@phhhhhffft.org> wrote in message news:<v98r8nk...@news.supernews.com>...

> You continually insist on misinterpreting what I am saying. By the
> numbers (once again)....
>
> 1. I do not now nor ever have demanded proof of your experience. I
> take you at your word that rape occurred while you were a man in a
> men's prison in Thailand.

Nor have I.

> 2. My only point of contention is your pretending to be victimized by
> this discussion while AT THE SAME TIME publicizing your rape
> experience in various newspapers and even attempting to write a
> screenplay about it.

A very interesting contradiction, is it not?

> 3. You can not have it both ways. You can not be indignant about some
> alleged invasion of your privacy about an incident while at the same
> time putting the incident up for sale on the big screen.

Simple Diane, he is trying to avoid questions about his rather strange
assertion that he transitioned and had surgery BECAUSE he was raped.
I could not help but notice that NOTHING was mentioned in the article
about have those feelings previous to the rape.

Jennifer Usher

Jennifer Usher

Apr 9, 2003, 7:03:42 PM4/9/03
Diane <diane...@phhhhhffft.org> wrote in message news:<v98qvee...@news.supernews.com>...

> I think that people are naturally concerned with the link between your
> experience and the decision to get SRS thereafter. The newspaper
> article that you quoted indicated that your decision to transition
> occurred because of your rape experience while still in jail.

Yes, it certainly does.

> This naturally sets of some red flags to most post-ops who's personal
> experience and the experience of all they have met thus far has been
> that TSs feel that they need to change gender from a very early age.

I don't think one has to be post-op to see the red flags.

> I would ask you if you had been an active crossdresser from an early
> age - my assumption is that you had been. I gave known
> crossdressers who decided to go full time to varying degrees later on
> in life - late fifties to sixties - as you have done. I know of
> possibly only one other TS who choose to wait such a long time - most
> of us are unable to survive that long.

Good question. A desire for SRS sometimes arises following a severe
emotional trauma such as the death of a spouse, divorce, loss of job,
etc. A *competent* therapist will recognize this and steer the
patient away from a potentially tragic mistake.

> So I put together your extremely late transition along with your
> obvious identification with non-TS individuals, transgendered people
> and drag queens (Lyle, Jenice, etc) and wonder if you are one of
> those individuals who are primarily a crossdresser and then decided to
> go further in their fifties. I don't know one way or another of
> course but I do know that your experience (lack of prior strong need
> to change physical sex, extremely late transition, etc) is much
> different from the other TSs that I have encountered.

Yes, and it raises questions that this person seems very reluctant to
answer.

Jennifer Usher

Willow Arune

Apr 9, 2003, 9:58:34 PM4/9/03
Amanda,

Anyone who released any information to this nasty group would be crazy - nor
have I seen and such proof from others here, including you.

Nonsense. And you should know it - if you do not, you are indeed off the
edge...

Willow

kc

Apr 9, 2003, 10:12:18 PM4/9/03
"Jennifer Usher" <jenni...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> It is not a game. I see you as a man, and I refer to you as a man.
> Now, again, if we are so bad, leave. Stay, and you only make your
> words seem even sillier.
>
> Jennifer Usher

I don't know, Jenn. From where I am sitting it isn't Willow that seems
silly.

Willow Arune

Apr 9, 2003, 10:14:10 PM4/9/03
The Edmonton Sun
Copyright (c) 1999, Sun Media Corporation

EX-LOCAL MAN SEEKS SEX CHANGE, CITING WEEKS OF THAI
JAIL TORTURE

Sunday, September 26, 1999
Tag: 9909261017
Edition: Final
Section: News
Length: 56 lines
Page: 12
BY IAN MCDOUGALL, EDMONTON SUN

An Edmonton-born man who endured repeated sexual abuse and torture in a Thai
prison has made it back to Canada - and is
now living as a woman.

Willow Cheryle Arune, formerly Will Orobko, survived six weeks in a crowded
Thailand jail on trumped-up fraud charges
and is trying to rebuild her life living in Kelowna, B.C.

Arune, 52, then a man, went to Thailand on business in February 1995. Thai
authorities arrested him after bank officials in
Bangkok accused him of forging a bank certificate worth $50 million.

With the help of a private investigator it was revealed that the fraud was
committed a month before Arune arrived in Thailand.
The real culprits later confessed to officials in the Philippines.

Arune's return to Calgary on Nov. 20, 1996, is still fresh in her mind. She
came back only after friends here raised enough
money to bail her out of jail and then out of the Asian country.

"It was -20 C when I got into Calgary. I loved it. I was rolling in a
snowbank," she said.

But the nightmare of what had happened in Thailand still fills Arune's mind.
Guards at the prison repeatedly raped and
assaulted the blond and blue-eyed Arune for five weeks.

"I became their afternoon's entertainment," she said.

Arune's decision to become a woman was made back in Canada after several
sessions with a psychologist. Although she
doesn't chalk the decision up solely to the torture, she admits it played a
major role.

"It did in the sense that it totally destroyed my sense of being," she said.
"I didn't know who I was when I got out."

The abuse was so intolerable she decided to kill herself while still in
prison, but her attempt was unsuccessful.

Just minutes before she was going to try again to end her life the Thai cell
door swung open and she was freed. "Twenty
minutes later and you wouldn't be talking to me," Arune said.

"I came back to Alberta and thought 'Great, now I can relax,' " she said.
"(But) that's when your system collapses."

When she started talking to psychologists about the sex change, they thought
it was post-traumatic stress. But after more
therapy she was convinced the only way she could go on was as a woman.

"When I got back from Thailand there was only one thing that mattered and
that was to be happy," she said. "It took me
another year (to decide). I've lived as a woman for two years now."

She hopes to have an operation that will complete the sex-change process in
Montreal next year.

In the meantime, Willow's story is in the process of being made into a movie
and a National Film Board documentary.

She's currently working as an assistant for a Kelowna inventor.

Illustration:
photo Willow Cheryle Arune after a nightmarish trip to Thailand.

Copyright 1999, The Edmonton Sun Unauthorized reproduction prohibited

Diane

Apr 9, 2003, 10:13:53 PM4/9/03
On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 01:58:34 GMT, "Willow Arune"
<twofru...@shaw.ca> wrote:

>Anyone who released any information to this nasty group would be crazy -

>.... And you should know it - if you do not, you are indeed off the
>edge...

Good thing that *you* aren't being nasty to people.....

Do as I say...not as I do.... (again)

Willow Arune

Apr 9, 2003, 10:16:13 PM4/9/03
. BC Christian News . FEBRUARY ISSUE 1999 . VOL. 19 #2 . Formerly "Christian
Info News" .
Willow cuts off the Alpha Program
- - - - - -
By Sylvia Woodyard
Willow Arune, a 52 year old candidate for surgery which will alter her male
organs to those of a woman, attended a wedding at First Baptist on New
Year's eve with caution.
"It was the first time I went [to such an event] 'as Willow.' Normally I say
'no' to church-based invitations." Her friendship with the bride and groom
motivated her to attend. Instead of the coolness and hostility she has
typically experienced in such environments, Willow describes the people she
met as categorically "warm, courteous, friendly and understanding," in spite
of the unmistakable characteristics which clearly identify her as a man "in
transition" (anatomically male but taking hormonal medication and living as
a woman to prepare for the change).
In an age when the church is confronted with the challenge of responding ot
those who are faced with gender identity issues, some recent events at First
Baptist Church in Kelowna could be considered precedential.
Willow, a former lawyer, TV host and entrepreneur turned writer (she is
currently writing her third book), was then invited to attend Alpha at First
Baptist, a program for seekers of the Christian faith. She attended the
orientation session, in spite of her clear understanding of the Christian
faith from theological study and being roommates with someone she describes
as a "fundamentalist Christian." Again, Willow described the experience in
positive terms. "I very much enjoyed the people. [The church] is clearly a
friendly organization."
The welcome she received is apparently characteristic of Kelowna as a whole,
a surprise to Willow because of the town's conservative reputation. "I
expected all sorts of problems," Willow reported to the Kelowna Daily
Courier. "Instead, I found a warmth and kindness. I've found many new
friendships, and some in the most unexpected places."
Considering the rejection she has encountered in Christian contexts, the
significance of her return to the church for the Alpha orientation cannot be
overstated. This fall she was interviewing for a position at a local
business. Willow, who believes she is obliged to disclose her circumstances
in such situations, initiated discussion with the interviewer who is the
wife of a local Christian leader. The interview, Willow says, "rapidly went
downhill," and the conversation soon ended.
Gary Swabey, assistant pastor at First Baptist, says Christians are called
to far more than tolerance. "Jesus commanded us to love. That's always a
battle. [Does] loving a person always [mean] embracing what they're about? I
don't think so."
Willow indicates that she will not continue Alpha, in spite of the welcome
she received and the friends she made at First Baptist. "I've been burnt too
many times." She envies those who have a faith, stating that she'd "like the
comfort" it would bring but feels that God has somehow made himself
inaccessible to her, even in the most dire of circumstances. She says she
will never be able to accept the Christian faith "because of certain things
in her background," as well as the necessary belief in the deity of Jesus
and the Bible as the Word of God.
Discuss this article on our new HYPERLINK

Oh yes, regarding teh earlier Kelwona Articke. That was donwe one or two
months after teh start of my transtition, when I did not pass very well.

Willow Arune

Apr 9, 2003, 10:20:32 PM4/9/03
This was Page One, above the fold, and exclusive. November 24, 1996.
Picked up by several papers after.

FREE AT LAST

By John Gradon, Calgary Herald

The headlong dive into the snowbank is a spontaneous celebration of
freedom - freedom at last.

"For the first time in two years I feel no fear. I feel peace, safety and ,
at last, no fear" he says, brushing off and rejoicing in the -28C
temperature.

It has been 604 days since Will Orobko's hell on Earth began with his arrest
in Bangkok, Thailand, as a suspect in a multimillion-dollar scam - a scam
with which he has steadfastly maintained, he had no involvement.

He says that despite his innocence he suffered brutalization, abuse and
beatings at the hands of prison guards; he planned suicide to end further
victimization; endured hospitalization on a "death ward"; was trapped in
Thailand without passport, money or friends; and all with the torment of
knowing it "was all so unnecessary and unjustified".

He says that despite his innocence he has been forced to suffer a prolonged,
drawn-out trial process which was likely to last a minimum of five years
with only one hearing every four to six weeks.

"I'm convinced certain people just thought the problem would eventually go
away.that I'd die." Orobko says.

His walk in the Banff snow comes less than 36 hours after he was forced to
sweat it out, quite literally, in more than 30 degree temperatures in a
jam-packed Thai deportation centre, not knowing whether authorities would
finally release him to board a plane to "escape" home to Canada or hurl him
back into a jail cell; for another chilling chapter in the nightmare.

"It was as if they wanted me to suffer right to the last," says the
Calgarian, a former lawyer turned author, and self-confessed eccentric.

Even now, he's not sure of his official status p whether he's been
officially deported or whether he's merely back in Canada on bail raised by
friends in Alberta.

"Either way, I've seen the last of Thailand and Thailand's seen the last of
me," he says. "Some people over there may think I'm going back for the next
day in my trial. They can think again. There's no extradition between
Canada and Thailand."

Orobko's ordeal began in the opening weeks of 1995 when, as a former lawyer
with a familiarity born from travelling in the Far East, he was approached
by an Albertian with a proposition.

"I was to be second broker to his first broker in a deal between two
Americans in Bangkok and a Canadian."

"The Americans wanted a loan for $1 million for a quick business deal
involving a private hospital there which was going to make a quick profit.
Nothing illegal," says Orobko.

Orobko had given up law in British Columbia some time before, disillusioned
with a profession that had given him a heart attack in his 30s. He had
become a data processor, wrote and sang folk songs, and had written a book
on commuter cycling in Calgary.

"I'm kind of a belated hippie and I think 'a few weeks in Bangkok? A little
commission to pay off some debts?' Fine. No problem. My experience in law
and computer is what they're interested in."

He says he had to apply for a new passport.

He says the last of a series of meetings with the Americans ended in a
downtown Bangkok boardroom with a local official of the American-based
Citibank leaving the room and returning seconds later with a posse of armed
police.

"He was frothing," says Orobko. "He was screaming about getting us for
fraud and that we would all end up 'rotting in a Thai jail'."

Orobko says "I thought I'd die" when the official emptied one of the
Americans' briefcases on the table and among the papers was a certificate of
deposit in the bank's name.

He claims he knew nothing of the document's existence - it turned out to be
a forgery.

Within hours Orobko, along with the two Americans, was in a packed holding
cell with about 60 other people who had allegedly fallen foul of Thai law.

Things were to get even worse, he says. He spent six weeks of terror in a
Bangkok jail where he says he was subject to brutality and abuse by prison
guards.

On one occasion, he says, he was beaten in a darkened room by three guards
wielding bamboo canes.

Hi is convinced that during his term on jail he had another heart attack.
He was taken to the jail hospital "death ward" where he spent a nightmarish
three weeks.

"Someone died there every night, form malnutrition, lack of treatment or bad
treatment," he says.

"The orderlies stood over me one night, obviously discussing who would get
my shorts, who would get my shirt after I died during the night. Mush to my
surprise, and theirs, I survived the night.

Eventually there was a possibility I would get sent back to the general
prison population, and I decided I couldn't endure that again.

"I managed to save up all kinds of pills they gave us to sedate us, numb us.

"I remembered reading a book about suicide and also managed to get a plastic
bag.

"The idea was that you put the bag over your head after you've taken enough
pills, and by the time the pills really kicked in, you'd be in no state to
get the bag off."

The night of the planned suicide, a friendly orderly told Orobko he knew
what he was planning.

"No tonight. No tonight," he urged the prisoner.

Orobko, for some unknown reason, listened - and the next night was freed on
bail raised by "ex pats" who'd heard of his plight.

He was free in a sense - but with his passport being held by Thai
authorities, no ability to speak the language and penniless, a new form of
imprisonment was just beginning, he says.

"I had no passport, no identity. In a strange, strange land. There was no
way of getting out," he says.

The relative freedom, however, allowed him to contact his Alberta friends by
phone, to make a little money on a law office, to contact the Canadian
Consulate in Bangkok, to send appeals for help and information by fax.

Eventually, he says, especially after a visit by Reform Party leader Preston
Manning and Alberta M.P. Bob Mills, the embassy staff become more concerned
about his predicament, more friendly.

As the months dragged on, with the help of private detectives, Orobko and
the legal firm he worked for on a casual basis began building a picture of
what they say is the truth of the scam.

They say police in Manila, Philippines, have confessions from two people
saying they forged the offending certificate.

They have pointed out that they have Canadian passport office documentation
saying that Orobko did not get a passport until February, 1995 and did not
enter Thailand until March of that year.

The fraud in the charges against Orobko is alleged to have happened in
Thailand between September 1994 and January 1995.

There are signed affidavits from Calgarians who swear Orobko was in Alberta
at the time of the alleged forgeries.

But Orobko says that despite being presented with the new information, the
Thai authorities and New York based Citibank N.A. who instigated the
charges, left him to languish in Thailand and endure the trial process which
he labels "a judicial farce".

As he strolls in the snow he says, "I didn't believe I was on my way home
until I was watching a TV screen on board the plane which showed the
position of the plane.

It wasn't until I say we were in Vietnamese airspace that I believed. And I
cried."

Calgary "Herald"
November 24th, 1996.
Pgs. A1-A5.

Diane

Apr 9, 2003, 10:24:28 PM4/9/03
On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 02:14:10 GMT, "Willow Arune"
<twofru...@shaw.ca> wrote:
>She's currently working as an assistant for a Kelowna inventor.

Actually you're currently permanently disabled and no longer work as a
lawyer or anything else.

So what was the point of your posting the Edmonton news article....
no one is debating the facts as you have already stated them.

kc

Apr 9, 2003, 10:14:52 PM4/9/03
"L D Blake" <ldb...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

> Well, with rare exception the people here are, quite simply, more trouble
than
> they're worth. Now if they would just STAY here and stop terrorizing the
> crossdressing and transgender groups I'd be perfectly happy to ditch the
whole
> load of 'em.

LOL.... I'll try to remember that the next time you go on a tirade on "SRS
is mutilation" rants.

Diane

Apr 9, 2003, 10:37:02 PM4/9/03
On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 02:20:32 GMT, "Willow Arune"
<twofru...@shaw.ca> wrote:

>This was Page One, above the fold, and exclusive. November 24, 1996.
>Picked up by several papers after.

Right right... we get the point that you had several newspaper
articles written about your experience.

Do you know the difference between being famous and infamous?

Some people asked you to broker a million dollar deal for them in a
foreign country and you had not practiced law for nearly 20 years
according to that article. And you found nothing strange about that.
Okaaaaaayyyyyy ......

Karen A.

Apr 9, 2003, 11:05:53 PM4/9/03
Nicki <x> wrote:

> hat's where I come out, too. For someone so "out and proud", why the
> secrecy? How come not even a picture anywhere to back up the claims of
> being so passable?

And if your life is so good and you are so together, mostly stealth and
never get get read, why are you worried about it one way or the other?

> Contrast: here I am, trying to live a quite stealth
> life at work, but anyone that really cares to can easily find pictures of me
> (http://www.hamiltonlabs.com/biography.htm and
> http://www.hamiltonlabs.com/FacialSurgery.htm) and you even get my current
> home address near Seattle if you really want (hint: I have a ham license,
> KD1UJ, so I'm in all the callsign servers.)

Again that's not stealth... being that out and still publicising it -
just not speaking about it at work, I'm not sure even qualifies as
woodworking.

Nothing wrong wth what you are doing, but from all i know of you i doubt
you really want to be stealth ... you get too much out of the way things
are now...

The point being you should stop throwing stones... people will think
more of you if you stop being so judgemental of people who are not
attacking you ... i know i would...

- karen

Diane

Apr 9, 2003, 11:05:32 PM4/9/03
<twofru...@shaw.ca> wrote:
>FREE AT LAST

I see my accusations of self-promotions were completely unjustified.

Paulinev01

Apr 9, 2003, 11:11:03 PM4/9/03
>Paula asked if there was proof that you had chose to have surgery
>because of being raped. Why are you trying to dodge that issue?
>
>Jennifer Usher

actualy it was not I who asked that.

I wanted outside verification of what happened to her. we have so many trols
here. and As I said it would be a wonderful fiction and horrable for her if
true.

I love the Thai people and find some of it hard to believe, but the bribing
well that normal there.

Paulinev01

Apr 9, 2003, 11:17:48 PM4/9/03
>Actually you're currently permanently disabled and no longer work as a
>lawyer or anything else.
>
>So what was the point of your posting the Edmonton news article....
>no one is debating the facts as you have already stated

>them.

>diane...@phhhhhffft.org

I don't know I find it interesting. and Horrable that such a thing could ever
happen.

Look at it this way, you and I now have a way of verifying her story.
personally I hope she gets her movie deal.

Paulinev01

Apr 9, 2003, 11:25:08 PM4/9/03
>Right right... we get the point that you had several newspaper
>articles

I find it fasanating(sp).

Diane

Apr 9, 2003, 11:30:33 PM4/9/03
On 10 Apr 2003 03:11:03 GMT, pauli...@cs.com (Paulinev01) wrote:
>I love the Thai people and find some of it hard to believe, but the bribing
>well that normal there.

Abuses of and corruption within the judicial system in Thailand are
well known.

Diane

Apr 9, 2003, 11:32:50 PM4/9/03
On 10 Apr 2003 03:17:48 GMT, pauli...@cs.com (Paulinev01) wrote:

>Look at it this way, you and I now have a way of verifying her story.
>personally I hope she gets her movie deal.

It's already been done...an HBO movie some months ago two girls get
caught in a drug deal they were peripherally involved with...get sent
to a thai prison...many ordeals including a rape....one gets released
with the help of the intervention of an American lawyer.

Willow Arune

Apr 9, 2003, 11:53:59 PM4/9/03
The HBO movie was "Brokendown Palace" made for theatrical release in 2000.
Maybe 1999. Prior to that was "The Bangkok Hilton", an Australian film
with the first appearance of Nicole Kidder., available only on BETA.
"Return to Paradise" was similar, and Richard Gere als;o had a Chinese jail
story.

Willow

Willow Arune

Apr 9, 2003, 11:58:54 PM4/9/03
I can assure you that it did happen. The Thai government is very corrupt.
The police and prosecutor were bribed by Citibank; I bribed the judges to
get out, and money was paid for my release from the country. I read the
Bangkok "Post" daily and right now they have killed over 3000 people in an
attempt, they say, to eliminate the drug trade. As the Royal Thai place are
in the drug trade, it seems to me they are eliminating the competition.

As a result of the PTSD after rape, I am classed as permanently disabled,
although I do get a sort-of job from time to time. Normally my nervous
system collapses after a few weeks. I am fortunate in having great friends
who knew me before Thailand and transition who still assist me in many ways.

Willow

Paulinev01

Apr 10, 2003, 12:30:45 AM4/10/03
>I read the
>Bangkok "Post" daily and right now they have killed over 3000 people in an
>attempt, they say, to eliminate the drug trade.

When I was there we were informed that they had a .25 sulution for coke
posession. a .38 cost .25 and it was to the back of the head.

tigar cages were the normal punishment for smaller offenses. 3x3x3 and you were
there untill you went to court about 6 months. or you dies. and they stacked
them.

I would be interested in any other things that may have happened.

Diane

Apr 10, 2003, 12:34:45 AM4/10/03
On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 03:58:54 GMT, "Willow Arune"
<twofru...@shaw.ca> wrote:
>As a result of the PTSD after rape, I am classed as permanently disabled,
>although I do get a sort-of job from time to time. Normally my nervous
>system collapses after a few weeks.

Look, you've obviously been through some sort of ordeal and you
haven't been able to get closure on it - hence the PTSD and the
disability. In light of all that do you really think that you're the
best spokesperson for transsexuals out there? Your experience
diverges from most of ours by a fairly good degree. The age at which
you transitioned, the reasons for transition (the links to the sexual
abuse) , the kind of life that you lead now and the problems that you
still have to deal with are all very different from the bulk of us.

I understand how one would like to make one's life meaningful by
helping others but you seem to still have many internal demons that
you still need to deal with. One can't really help others in any
meaningful way until one has their own live under control. Wouldn't
your remaining years be best spent in putting your ordeal truly behind
you? You're likely a very good person at heart....following a path of
inner peace will inevitably lead you to helping someone else in a
really meaningful manner along the way.

Just my thoughts.

Diane

Apr 10, 2003, 12:38:05 AM4/10/03
On 10 Apr 2003 04:30:45 GMT, pauli...@cs.com (Paulinev01) wrote:
>tigar cages were the normal punishment for smaller offenses. 3x3x3 and you were
>there untill you went to court about 6 months. or you dies. and they stacked
>them.

Perhaps I'll have my revision in Montreal after all.....

Willow Arune

Apr 10, 2003, 2:11:21 AM4/10/03
This thread started with my comment concerning insulting remarks made
concerning my problems in Thailand.. Now, bear in mind I am new to this
list, supposedly dedicated to support.

The following are taken from Diane's posts concerning this matter leading up
to the final one liner - in which she acknowledges that she was "completely
unjustified". I suppose on this list that means she is sorry for her pages
of prose defaming me. Oh yes, I do not know Jenice Bay, having only met her
on this list two days ago, and she appears to think a friend of mine is San
Diego is a terrible person. Yet in yet a other post, I am said to be linked
with Jenice Bay. Silly - I am most definitely not. I posted to her on this
list only as she started up by saying she knew a friend of mine.

Diane, I had on several occasions urged you not to rush to judgment. You
continued to add nasty upon nasty to this thread, one after the other as the
following shows. I would hope in future you would first learn about the
person before attacking. That is a more civil way of conducting
communications. As I do not take your statement as an apology, there is no
need for me to accept it as such. Even at the end, what was written was:

I see my accusations of self-promotions were completely unjustified.

No apology for the prostitution line, or any of the other hateful things
that you wrote. When I do make a mistake, I say I am sorry, but apparently
that was not taught in your school.

I have not quoted or referred to the uttering of JU. They are equally false
and can be dismissed as simply bad manners heaped upon a despicable being.

Willow

P.S. My comments - when necessary below, are marked thus [..........]

that she Jennifer does have a point... you, yourself in the article about
you
that you posted obviously made an issue out of your rape to the
interviewer and then linked it to your decision to transition. It
says so right here...
***
********************
An extremely disingenuous statement from someone who is attempting to
make making a career out of his (at the time) rape incident.
***
So even you Willow can not have it both ways. You can either
self-promote your rape via screenplays and such or you can be
indignant when someone makes a reference to it. I would counsel you
to "Choose one", but of course you already have.
{The screenplay was on my life story, the rape was only a small part].
********************
I know that if you had not mentioned your rape in a Canadian newspaper
and then attempted to option it out for a screenplay, we would not be
talking about this now.
[it was already news. It had to be responded to when asked]
***
And I take issue with anyone who prostitutes and parades their
victimhood, whether it be as a transsexual or a rape victim, in the
apparent interests of self-promotion.
[Ugly statement with uglier words. Insulting at best - at worst.???]

*************************
Willow doesn't deny this so we should presume that it's true. I would
imagine that the story is probably much more complicated then that
single sentence.
[Light is starting to dawn]
***
I've also known several crossdressers who later in life (50's, 60's)
decided to either go full time and/or get SRS. One of them backed out
the evening before hir SRS in Oregon. In any case, it does happen but
I don't tend to think of such people as female really.... more
transgendered (or gender confused) then anything else.
[I have no idea what this comment refers to - it does not refer to me]
****************
>As to other confirmation, there are many reports on Lexis Nexis from all
>across Canada. Right now, I do not care what this group thinks.

I think that I have access to Lexis Nexus....I'll check.
[Ah yes, the detective surfaces. Lexis Nexis has lots on me, Diane. Good
hunting]
**********************
I think you may be missing the obvious conclusion that this was all
related to the journalist by Willow hirself.

I doubt that the journalist ( or anyone else) would have known what
had transpired in a prison in Thailand unless Willow herself provided
in the details. The bit about the therapist suggesting transition as
a "cure" for the problems the prison rape brought up is something that
only could have been relayed by Willow as well.

Of course it is always possible that the journalist got things badly
screwed up but then one would not have expected Willow to so readily
point us to that article to verify things that she had said.
[The story is a bit confused, but basically true. I was in denial, as is
common. For convenience, I pointed to that which was on the Web, such being
independent from me in any way.]

I've seen self-promoting trannies for years (usually on day time TV)
and I'm not impressed. Changing sex in the hopes of becoming some
sort of hero or movie star is, IMHO, an incredibly bad idea and one
that rarely, if ever these days, pans out. Fortunately we're just too
common - the days of Christine Jorgenson and Renee Richards are
thankfully long past.
{There is little similarity unless one stretches greatly. My story is
different as are theirs]
****************
>Firstly, as a lawyer I had a high public profile in BE.C. - higher than
your
>vicar. I had been involved politically, had my own TV program for four
>years (and no, I do not intend to provide "proof" of this to any standard).
>When I departed for Thailand, I had a rich history of community service and
>was very well known.

TRANSLATION: How many times do I have to tell you people that I am a
big an important person ? Sheesh!
[I hate to tell this to you Diane, but I was - and in some ways am - a
rather important person. If I was not, I would still be rotting in
Thailand]
>The incidents in Thailand were carried from coast to coast in Canada. I was
>finally let out of the country after our Leader of the Opposition in the
>House of Commons flew over to drive a deal with the Thai government - again
>under the view of the press. As I saw it then and now, the publicity in
>Canada kept me safe - it is easy to be killed in Bangkok and the deed only
>costs $20US. Petty cash for Citibank and the Royal Thai police. Does your
>Leader of the Opposition in the House of Commons even know your name?? Or
>Tony Blaire. If not, you are in a different world and ill equipped to offer
>judgments.

TRANSLATION: How many times do I have to tell you people that I am a
big an important person ? Sheesh! Apparently one more time.
[Too bad, Diane. I have lived an interesting life that I can be proud of.
Now, about you?????]
>Now, after returning, the very first interview asked the question "Were you
>raped". I answered "yes" and that was all. The media followed from there.

TRANSLATION: Spin
[Reality]

>I repeat - all of you are basing comments on very partial information. Do
>you seriously believe a rape victim wants to talk about that???!!!.

TRANSLATION: I'm not going to talk about it. So you'll just have to
see my move or buy my book!
[Crap. I talk about this incident more freely than most rape victim as I
have had excellent therapy]
>Nonsense. But by not talking, the Thai government would have been given a
>free ride. Instead, I became a thorn in their side. And still am. I
>became a witness against them during extratadition proceedings in another
>matter, as I am also a witness against the accused in the Air India bombing
>of 12 years ago. That resulted in FBI protective surveillance as I was
>living in the United States during the first Air India trail.

TRANSLATION: I'm still a celebrity....
[Yes, as a matter of fact, I am. I do not go out of my way for that, it
simply happen following the life I have lead.]
>Low budget reality TV?? Heck no - top in the media for an interview on a
>daily TV show

TRANSLATION:You *do* remember that I'm important don't you?
[I fail to see why you degrade those who have accomplished something with
their lives. Is it because you have no accomplishments to claim???]
>As to an unmolested life, I determined during transition that I would use
my
>skills to help the TS/TG community, to gain the rights we need. Your birth
>certificate laws are changing. Would that have happened unless some were
>willing to stand up and be counted.

TRANSLATION: I;m going to link myself to important stuff that I had
nothing to do with again....
[Sorry, but I am very active in bringing the NTAC to Canada for just those
reasons. I do, I do not talk or carp.]
> Of course not. Yet you, who did
>nothing, get a benefit. Nice, that.

TRANSLATION: I'm better then you are nyah...nyah..nyah....
[As a matter of fact, I am. I do not sit idle by and do nothing to support
our community]
> I am using my legal and political
>skills to advance TS/TG rights in Canada, my country. Unlike, you, and JU
>and DM (or so I assume) who do nothing, I am indeed doing something. And
>honey, when you do something for our community you are public no matter
what
>you wish to be.

TRANSLATION: I didn't WANT to write a screenplay about my rape ... I
NEEDED to in order to help YOU. You do see that don't you?
[I have no idea what Diane means here]
>Fine, lay back and take a free ride. That's what you appear to be doing.
>But remember that some must step forward to get you that free ride. The way
>I see things, you then turn around and insult the very people who made an
>easier life for you possible

TRANSLATION: Jesus Christ! Not only am I important - I'm a martyr
for you guys! I forgive you though you for you know not what you
do....
[Martyr? No - not unless you and JU make me so - along with a few others
here.]
>I am accused of telling those here how to do things. Not a bit. Just
>continue to sit back and enjoy the free ride, as you are doing. Don't march
>for justice, don't fight for marriage rights or name change. Let others do
>that. Continue in mediocrity and nothingness. Hide, but all means.
>
>Bah! Maybe the Welch are as Churchill said...

TRANSLATION: And SCREW YOU if you don'; think I'm important!
[No - I accept that fact that other TS and TGs will never say one word of
thanks for the work being done, as JU shows so clearly]
***********************
>It is strange how Willow claims to be and out and proud TS a famous Lawer
and TV
>host/ess who was at the centre of an international incident who is a
personal friend
>of her Prime Minister, but is unwilling to show any documentary evidence to
this
>effect at all or even give a former name

You know, I'm sure there's a grain of truth to most everything she
says. I am just very wary of people who appear to be, imho, so
obviously self-promoting themselves. Such behavior makes me cautious
about anything that comes my way from such people.
[As you later state, there is no self-promotion]
I'm also concerned abut the her linking herself with Lyle - a person
is known by the company that they keep and if one chooses to take the
company of a Usenet kook and troll.... well then....
[I have known of Laura Blake for four years or so and have been impressed by
the work she has done for human rights in Canada]
************************

*****************

>Anyone who released any information to this nasty group would be crazy -
>.... And you should know it - if you do not, you are indeed off the
>edge...

Good thing that *you* aren't being nasty to people.....

[I do respond to the many, many insults by Diane and JU. In that I am
wrong - and shall stop doing so. In fact, I shall not respond to any
message from JU. She does not deserve any responce].

Do as I say...not as I do.... (again)

[I have never asked Diane to confirm any information concerning herself, nor
would I ever do so. Nor JU, nor anyone else here. Nor have I asked anyone
to follow the route I chose for myself]
*************
>One notable aspect about it though, is there is no picture, and Willow may
not be
>entirely who or what she says she is
Understandable sentiment considering the kind of people who have come
here.... But Willow is exactly who she says that she is. Picture is
here:
http://profiles.yahoo.com/willow_arune

[At least she did confirm that I am me - well, I knew that all along.]
*************************

[...]

[I do not know Jenice Bay; I met her on this lists two days ago. I am not
and never was a cross dresser. There are a host of assumptions here that
are not accurate, but that is at least consistent][Oh yes, Diane knows
nothing of my early like and bases her conclusions on assumptions founded on
totally nothing.]
************************
>Why did it take 2 years to get out. could you not have found a way out even
>without a passport?

That's actually an excellent question Pauline!
It would seem that a trip to the Canadian embassy would get one a new
passport within a short period of time.

[The Canadian Embassy could not issue a new passport knowing the Thai
government had the original, and the Thais refused to return it to the
embassy. I suggest you do some studying of international law - they can
replace a lost passport, not one seized by the government without very
special instructions from the External Affairs department. An international
incident was not desired][Nor would the American embassy do that outside of
a movie]

Willow?? Any comments? [See above]
************************

>I love the Thai people and find some of it hard to believe, but the bribing
>well that normal there.

Abuses of and corruption within the judicial system in Thailand are
well known.

[Yes, as is killing by police, torture I prisons and terrible prison
conditions. See "4000 Days" and "The Poison River"] [A web page is operated
by and for Thai ex-pat prisoners. You should look there as to the
conditions]
************************
>Happily, other groups have more support and courtesy. The minority here do
>not represent most TS/TG people. They represent a small cancer at best.
>The majority here are content - or so it seems - to sit back and say or do
>nothing, from fear of attack if no other reason. That is the silent
>majority everywhere. It is impossible to get them to do anything - even to
>defend themselves.

Could be also that we've waded in enough bullsh*t flowing through here
that the hip waders are giving us a rash??

[I have to agree. There is more BS on this list than I have seen before.]
**************************
>>Another round of weaving, ducking, and dodging. The question at hand
>>is, did the person using the name Willow have SRS as a result of being
>>sodomized in a Thailand prison?
>
>Actually, the REAL question is:
>What makes you think it's any of your goddamned business?

Ummm.... could it be the SCREENPLAY that she's writing about it?
[The rapes and abuse broke the hard crust of Will, and out popped Willow,
who had been there all along. To say more would be meaningless in this
group]
**********************************

*********************************
>Another round of weaving, ducking, and dodging. The question at hand
>is, did the person using the name Willow have SRS as a result of being
>sodomized in a Thailand prison? Notice how this person avoids that
>issue, and tries to misdirect the discussion?

If Willow is in denial of such a link to herself then she would be
incapable of recognizing it... and you shouldn;t expect her to address
it.
[I wonder about how many here would care to openly discuss sexual abuse they
suffered from??? I do not duck and wave. As with many victims, there are
some matters I would prefer not to talk about - I do not need to bring on
another panic attack just to prove something to those here]
*******************

>most certainly any other victim will never come forward in this group to
>seek assistance after this effort by Jennifer Usher and Diane. Demanding
>proof is right off the wall - the story was covered nationally for over two
>years.

You continually insist on misinterpreting what I am saying. By the
numbers (once again)....

1. I do not now nor ever have demanded proof of your experience. I
take you at your word that rape occurred while you were a man in a
men's prison in Thailand.

[seems to me that is exactly what you and JU did]

2. My only point of contention is your pretending to be victimized by
this discussion while AT THE SAME TIME publicizing your rape
experience in various newspapers and even attempting to write a
screenplay about it.

[as you later say was wrong, without an apology]

3. You can not have it both ways. You can not be indignant about some
alleged invasion of your privacy about an incident while at the same
time putting the incident up for sale on the big screen.

[Privacy I can easily deal with. But providing 'proof' to a group as
hostile as this is not of any use]
*******************************

>She's currently working as an assistant for a Kelowna inventor.

Actually you're currently permanently disabled and no longer work as a
lawyer or anything else.
[Simple. I did work for the inventor when the article was written, a month
or so into my imagination (which explains my appearance then). My condition
went south and I was classed as permanently disabled due to PTSD]. .

So what was the point of your posting the Edmonton news article....
no one is debating the facts as you have already stated them.

{Check out the posts on this thread. Indeed all was questioned]
********************************

>Look at it this way, you and I now have a way of verifying her story.
>personally I hope she gets her movie deal.

It's already been done...an HBO movie some months ago two girls get

caught in a drug deal they were peripherally involved with...get sent

to a Thai prison...many ordeals including a rape....one gets released

with the help of the intervention of an American lawyer.

**********************************

>This was Page One, above the fold, and exclusive. November 24, 1996.
>Picked up by several papers after.

Right right... we get the point that you had several newspaper

articles written about your experience.

Do you know the difference between being famous and infamous?

[Yes, and I happen to avoid infamy. I also know that many have neither]

Some people asked you to broker a million dollar deal for them in a
foreign country and you had not practiced law for nearly 20 years
according to that article. And you found nothing strange about that.
Okaaaaaayyyyyy ......

[I had continued law in business, with a computer company in the United
States and other companies as corporate counsel. Practicing law in private
practice I left in 1987 - that does not mean I had nothing to do with law.
Do I have to explain even these simple points to you?????]

I see my accusations of self-promotions were completely unjustified.

[Congratulations. You finally got something right.]

Then, your last post, you add:

"You're likely a very good person at heart....following a path of
inner peace will inevitably lead you to helping someone else in a
really meaningful manner along the way".

I am astounded at your concern considering the attacks leveled by JU and
yourself over the past week - and others for that matter. I do what I can
for our community as I am the only one with the legal, political and media
skills that is part of our community. My partner, a retired psychiatric
nurse, and I help the new kids on the block, especially with the closure of
the Vancouver Clinic. There is nobody else to do it - the rest are hiding
as "women" and would not be linked to any transsexual matter. That would
damage their dignity - and cover. Another topic. I was raised to help our
society all the time as a priority...

Willow

Diane

Apr 10, 2003, 2:16:17 AM4/10/03
On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 06:11:21 GMT, "Willow Arune"
<twofru...@shaw.ca> wrote:
> I see my accusations of self-promotions were completely unjustified.
>
>No apology for the prostitution line, or any of the other hateful things
>that you wrote. When I do make a mistake, I say I am sorry, but apparently
>that was not taught in your school.

It's called "sarcasam" Willow........ <sigh> ......

Diane

Apr 10, 2003, 2:23:18 AM4/10/03
<twofru...@shaw.ca> wrote:

>This thread started with my comment concerning insulting remarks yadda...yadda....

Not going to respond to your rather long diatribe.

You have had problems on two other groups that I have been made aware
of consisting of TS individuals.

You simply do not relate to us. You simply do not get it. It's not
this group. It's not me.

It's you.

Live your life as you wish. You don't affect me Your not important in
my life nor in the lives of other TS men and women out there. In 10
or 15 years at most you will have passed and I will have forgotten you
long before that.

I'm sorry that people like yourself can't get a grasp on reality but
it's really not my problem.

Diane

Apr 10, 2003, 2:30:03 AM4/10/03
<twofru...@shaw.ca> wrote:

>[I hate to tell this to you Diane, but I was - and in some ways am - a
>rather important person. If I was not, I would still be rotting in
>Thailand]

I do not hate telling you this Willow but important people don't spend
their time posting about how important they are on trannie newsgroups.

You are an ex-lawyer who hasn't practiced for 20+ years and you went
to prison in Thailand after participating in a dubious financial
transaction. You wrote a couple of books (amateur music law and
bycyclying I believe) a dozen years ago or so. You are now living on
Canadian disibility for a psychiatric nervous disorder.

You're only a legend in your own mind.... give it up already and be
happy for who you are. No one else is interested - not here and not
on the other two groups that were populated by TS people that you used
to post on.

Willow Arune

Apr 10, 2003, 2:32:59 AM4/10/03
I shall be glad to provide you with some horrors, if you have a strong
stomach.

The tiger cages were only used for very bad punishment. The chains were
more normal - attached with a feudal device that often did the circles of
iron too tight - I had bad infections around my ankles when I crawled
(literally) out - late at night and nowhere to go. Suffice to say I could
not walk or talk for days and needed a lot of recover time.

I have written of this experience but doubt that all could or should be
posted here...

Willow

Willow Arune

Apr 10, 2003, 2:40:03 AM4/10/03
When you are or were raped, being called a prostitute is certainly not mere
sarcasm. It is insulting and crass. Try it out on a female victim - while
you ales tell her she liked it.

Willow

Willow Arune

Apr 10, 2003, 2:58:33 AM4/10/03
I suppose one last post is fine...

I presently moderate a group of over 500 members, and moderate a group I
founded over two years ago. We have *no* flames. None - one either. I am
proud of that record. I am also a member of another long time group, where
we have gone from pre-ops to almost totally post-ops in four years, again
flame free. You se, you do not *have* to insult others.

As to TS Woman, I left that list (as stated before) due to Phyllis. I had
been invited to return by Michele, the founder, who would still like to have
me as a member. I left as constant attacks from Phyllis became tiresome. I
left another list for much the same reason.

Happily, the time are changing. More and more TS women are eschewing the
hiding and moving of cities, the changed resumes. They are learning to live
just as they are, without hiding and stealth - even if they could. The
numbers are growing, assisted by activist groups and more. I am proud to be
part of that vanguard, instead of hanging on to an old and discarded
concept.

In any event, my problems anywhere appear insignificant compared to yours
here, so I think you will win that contest hands down.

You are right - I do not relate to *you*. I cannot relate to a person who
assumes calling a rape victim a prostitute is mere sarcasm. Or one who
makes outlandish and unfounded accusations, documented in an earlier posts,
finally says it was unfounded, and refused even to say the simple words "I'm
sorry". I do not relate to a person such as you and never shall for which I
am very grateful.

Your problem which appears shall continue, is that you rush to judgment,
make unfounded allegations and insults based on assumed facts, then find out
you are wrong and assume that others will just forget what you have done.
So much so that you are afraid (I suppose) to even say a simple "I'm sorry".
You lack social skills and it would appear your upbringing left much to be
desired.

I have seen your page on Laura Blake. Frankly, give my experience with you,
I would have to question each and every line. As with the writings of one
JU, I think you like character assassination - as a hobby. Given my
experience with you, I would not believe anything you said even if your
tongue was notarized. I did note the turn at the end - so nice and
concerned about my condition and health. Tell me, do people really fall for
that sort of nonsense after you have attacked them for days? Well, as
someone said, "there is one born every minute...".

I care not who you are - I use my real name on all occasions, not hiding as
do you. I don't care if you are TS or a troll, or TG or whatever. I do not
care if you are Black, Red, Oriental or White, whatever religion. What I do
care about is that you are an angry and unstable person, one give to
attacking others at least in posts, without caring if you are right or
wrong - or if you hurt others in the course of your anger. In that regard,
I feel sorry for you, for you shall always be just as you are now.

Willow

Willow

Willow Arune

Apr 10, 2003, 3:11:00 AM4/10/03
Now that's the Diane we know so well - spewing mud and hoping some of it
sticks.

As was said elsewhere here, take your meds and go to sleep little Diane.

Assumptions, false conclusions, and accusations. Same old, same old...

As stated before, you will remain just as you are... Too bad.

Willow

Diane

Apr 10, 2003, 3:14:40 AM4/10/03

What is your major malfunction you dip?

I said that you were prostituting your story - not that you were a
prostitute... unless a media whore counts.

Diane

Apr 10, 2003, 3:17:00 AM4/10/03
On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 07:11:00 GMT, "Willow Arune"
<twofru...@shaw.ca> wrote:

>Assumptions, false conclusions, and accusations. Same old, same old...
>
>As stated before, you will remain just as you are... Too bad.

Lyle believes he's a great tranny advocate.
Mark Jeannette believes that he's a Babe.
And *you* believe that you're somehow important.

Lyle isn't
Mark isn't
.... and guess what? :)

What ever it is you're truing to prove here ... you've failed.

Diane

Apr 10, 2003, 3:35:15 AM4/10/03
On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 06:58:33 GMT, "Willow Arune"
<twofru...@shaw.ca> wrote:

>I presently moderate a group of over 500 members, and moderate a group I
>founded over two years ago. We have *no* flames.

So you decided to come here and cause some. How very nice for us.

>The
>numbers are growing, assisted by activist groups and more. I am proud to be
>part of that vanguard, instead of hanging on to an old and discarded
>concept.

You're not part of any vanguard. You simply have a delusion. We've
seen it before.

You're 56. You're suffering from a psychiatric nervous disorder.
You're unhappy with who you are. Deal with it .... elsewhere please?

>In any event, my problems anywhere appear insignificant compared to yours
>here, so I think you will win that contest hands down.

>You are right - I do not relate to *you*. I cannot relate to a person who
>assumes calling a rape victim a prostitute is mere sarcasm.

No Bonehead .... saying that "I see my accusations of self-promotion
were unjustified" was sarcasm. My saying you are a prostitute is
another delusion of yours.

Got news for you.
LOTS of people go to jail.
LOTS of people get raped.
LOTS of people go to Thailand prisons - most of them for FAR longer
then 6 weeks.

Life can suck sometimes - most people deal with it and get over it.
Only a "special" few appear to need to act out on the Internet because
of it.

You are nothing special .... you're not god's little gift to
tranniedom... you're not doing anything special for us .... you are
not a martyr. And one more thing - neither your "screenplay" or
"book" will ever be published. Your story will be forgotten amongst
the other far greater horrors in the world.

You're a 56 year old person who got SRS a few couple ago and you
aren't any better then anyone else here.

Look to Lyle Blake to see where being a professional victim gets you.
It;s your future Babe.

>Your problem which appears shall continue, is that you rush to judgment,
>make unfounded allegations and insults based on assumed facts, then find out
>you are wrong and assume that others will just forget what you have done.

By the numbers - and none of what follows is either incorrect or
unfounded:

1. You're 56 years old - as such you neither relate to nor are
important to the younger generation of people getting their gender
changed. I'm sure I don't either

2. You are an ex-lawyer who hasn't practiced law for some 20 years
give or take

3. You exist on a government disability pension in a small Canadian
town and obviously have a great a deal of time on your hands.

4. You have a psychiatric nervous disorder which renders you unfit
for normal social intercourse - such as a job.

5. You have deluded yourself into believing that you are more
important in the world then you actually are. When challenged on this
you go haywire - we've seen that before as well ho hum....

Find your identity in something other then martyrdom and victimhood.
If you can't be happy with who you are then change what you don't like
but don't delude yourself into believing that you *deserve* respect -
because you don't. You have to earn it like all the rest of us.

JHo

Apr 10, 2003, 4:02:14 AM4/10/03
diane, you are SUCH a hypocrite LOL.

(you can call me a man in drag now)

"Diane" <diane...@phhhhhffft.org> wrote in message

JHo

Apr 10, 2003, 5:17:39 AM4/10/03

"Diane" <diane...@phhhhhffft.org> wrote in message

of course, everybody knows that going up aginst the alt.support.srs regulars
such as yourself ends up in acheiving nothing except a huge put down. But in
real life Diane and Jeniffer do not enjoy this position, becuase they have
to speak to people face to face and judge them as a person, not as a usenet
victim.

JHo

Apr 10, 2003, 5:23:43 AM4/10/03

> You have had problems on two other groups that I have been made aware
> of consisting of TS individuals.

Diane has problemns with over 50 people on usenet - she calls them all "men
trying to be women"

you simply do not get it. It's not

> this group. It's not me.
>
> It's you.

Sorry diane, its YOU. its your ego and Ushers that got burned by somebody's
differing opinion. its cuts you and you have to strike back - on usenet of
course - becuase your false and a coward.

in the lives of other TS men and women out there. In 10
> or 15 years at most you will have passed and I will have forgotten you
> long before that.

the only person that affects you deeply is Lyle. ...and also what people say
against your opinion and rightousness on usenet.

> I'm sorry that people like yourself can't get a grasp on reality but
> it's really not my problem.

diane's reality is usenet. its where diane gets her power trip from. Diane
will never understand. but this group is her place. ..she's entitled to win.
:)

JHo

Apr 10, 2003, 5:26:35 AM4/10/03
the change of thread topic shows your poking and abuse nature. you like the
little games and tricks to make people feel as though they did something
wrong. its becuase you feel bad inside - and you want to make people to
suffer for that - like LB, stephe, RAD, natasha, julie, willow, gary, me,
colleen, jenice - oh dear the list goes on and on....

"Diane" <diane...@phhhhhffft.org> wrote in message

> On Wed, 9 Apr 2003 01:59:41 +0100, "Amanda Angelika"
> <manic...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >Mind one does wonder why she hasn't done what a friend of mine once did
and go round
> >and throttle the journalist LOL ;)

> I doubt that the journalist ( or anyone else) would have known what
> had transpired in a prison in Thailand unless Willow herself provided
> in the details. The bit about the therapist suggesting transition as
> a "cure" for the problems the prison rape brought up is something that
> only could have been relayed by Willow as well.
>
> Of course it is always possible that the journalist got things badly
> screwed up but then one would not have expected Willow to so readily
> point us to that article to verify things that she had said.

JHo

Apr 10, 2003, 5:36:16 AM4/10/03

> On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 06:58:33 GMT, "Willow Arune"
> <twofru...@shaw.ca> wrote:
>
> >I presently moderate a group of over 500 members, and moderate a group I
> >founded over two years ago. We have *no* flames.
>
> So you decided to come here and cause some. How very nice for us.

How very nice for diane and Usher - the both of them rely upon flames for
something to say.. diane would have very little to offer in the way of a
moderated group - its would be quite boring for her - she would just move
onto the unmoderated groups.

> >The
> >numbers are growing, assisted by activist groups and more. I am proud to
be
> >part of that vanguard, instead of hanging on to an old and discarded
> >concept.
>
> You're not part of any vanguard. You simply have a delusion. We've
> seen it before.
>
> You're 56. You're suffering from a psychiatric nervous disorder.
> You're unhappy with who you are. Deal with it .... elsewhere please?

and diane is 49 ? gee big difference. but for the tireseome "your old"
insult its a big win for diane.

gee, not only is diane a hypocrite, but diane sure writes stuff points
apllicable to herself. call me a man now diane. do your stuff - or get Usher
to do it for you. Diane is just here to be better than everybody.

JHo

Apr 10, 2003, 5:31:45 AM4/10/03
well diane, you lost that arguement. its really quite shameful and a disgust
to the whole trans community that a person such as you exists. Really very
insensitive and shameful of you.. and pauline once told me you would never
do such insulting things as that. but hey - your just here to win - making
people feel bad is the way you do it.

"Diane" <diane...@phhhhhffft.org> wrote in message

Karen A.

Apr 10, 2003, 7:41:54 AM4/10/03
Nicki <x> wrote:
> Karen, can you just fuck off?

Does the truth bother you?

- karen

JHo

Apr 10, 2003, 8:45:41 AM4/10/03
your an idiot diane..

"Willow decided to reverse her gender after a harrowing two years as a man
in Thailand."

does that line say willow had srs BECAUSE of the rape or just that it was
AFTER the rape ?

your an idiot diane..

"Diane" <diane...@phhhhhffft.org> wrote in message

> On Tue, 08 Apr 2003 04:05:16 GMT, "Willow Arune"
> <twofru...@shaw.ca> wrote:
>
> > That such should happen and the person remain here
> >to harass others is perhaps unavoidable. I shall treat this person with
the
> >contempt so richly deserved and would urge others to avoid contamination
by
> >association - or communication - with he/she/it.

> Jennifer does have a point... you, yourself in the article about you
> that you posted obviously made an issue out of your rape to the
> interviewer and then linked it to your decision to transition. It
> says so right here...
>

> http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/9630/n990127a.htm
> "Willow decided to reverse her gender after a harrowing two years as a
> man in Thailand. (S)he travelled there in 1995 to make a loan
> transaction with two Americans who authorities later learned had
> forged documents. All three were arrested, and Willow - then known as
> Will - spent six weeks in a Bangkok prison, where he was repeatedly
> raped by the guards.
>
> When he got out on bail, the Thai authorities withheld his passport.
> He sought psychological counselling, and his therapist suggested
> becoming a woman. "

Amanda Angelika

Apr 10, 2003, 12:11:41 PM4/10/03
Behold Willow Arune at <twofru...@shaw.ca> Spake unto us in news scroll
and didst say:
| Amanda,

| Anyone who released any information to this nasty group would be
| crazy - nor have I seen and such proof from others here, including
| you.
|
| Nonsense. And you should know it - if you do not, you are indeed off
| the edge...
|
| Willow

But I'm not trying to convince anyone that I am or was a big shot, or advertise a
book about my life story on the basis that I am or was a really famous person. Most
people who are or have been even moderately famous usually have some documentary
evidence to back this up or such information is evident in the public domain. Apart
from this Yahoo profile http://profiles.yahoo.com/willow_arune and a few messages on
some tranny relatedYahoo-groups, Usenet and an article quoted from an obscure local
Freebee type advertiser newspaper The Kelowna Daily Courier (Is that on the Moon?
LOL) there is no evidence to support any of these claims.

I have no particular reason to doubt you are a Post-op TS it's all the other stuff
that doesn't add up.

--
Amanda
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
The contents of this message may or may not represent the views of the
person named as the writer/sender. This message may be a forgery. A
genuine message should have the following characteristic The IP address
of the NNTP-Posting-Host should be in the following range 62.255.0.0 -
62.255.31.255 and belong to NTL Internet (see header). However if in
doubt e-mail manic...@hotmail.com

---

Willow Arune

Apr 10, 2003, 12:26:58 PM4/10/03
Amanda,

Try a Lexis Nexis search. That shall help.

Fortunately, I do not have to prove anything to anybody. You may believe
what you will - I have no need to curry your favour...

Willow

Jennifer Usher

Apr 10, 2003, 1:07:05 PM4/10/03
Diane <diane...@phhhhhffft.org> wrote in message news:<v99t42c...@news.supernews.com>...

Excellent Diane. I only hope this person will listen.

Jennifer Usher

Jennifer Usher

Apr 10, 2003, 1:11:30 PM4/10/03
"Willow Arune" <twofru...@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:<dW7la.690165$Yo4.59...@news1.calgary.shaw.ca>...

> "You're likely a very good person at heart....following a path of
> inner peace will inevitably lead you to helping someone else in a
> really meaningful manner along the way".
>
> I am astounded at your concern considering the attacks leveled by JU and
> yourself over the past week - and others for that matter. I do what I can
> for our community as I am the only one with the legal, political and media
> skills that is part of our community. My partner, a retired psychiatric
> nurse, and I help the new kids on the block, especially with the closure of
> the Vancouver Clinic. There is nobody else to do it - the rest are hiding
> as "women" and would not be linked to any transsexual matter. That would
> damage their dignity - and cover. Another topic. I was raised to help our
> society all the time as a priority...

Diane is offering you good advice. Clearly you are not a good
representative of transsexuals. You are in a position to do far more
harm than good. Diane has pointed this out, and suggested a path you
might want to consider. And again, you make a remark that sounds like
an insult about "hiding as 'women.'" Again, I cannot see any evidence
that you actually have any comprehension of what it means to be a
woman.

Jennifer Usher

Jennifer Usher

Apr 10, 2003, 1:14:03 PM4/10/03
"Willow Arune" <twofru...@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:<7l8la.690309$Yo4.59...@news1.calgary.shaw.ca>...

> When you are or were raped, being called a prostitute is certainly not mere
> sarcasm. It is insulting and crass. Try it out on a female victim - while
> you ales tell her she liked it.

Well, you were not a female victim. You were a male who, whether
guilty or not, was incarcertated. Your experience is shared by many.
I very close friend was falsely charged with burglary and spent a week
in the County Jail. He never would talk about what happened. But he
was never the same.

Jennifer Usher

Jennifer Usher

Apr 10, 2003, 1:15:45 PM4/10/03
Diane <diane...@phhhhhffft.org> wrote in message news:<v9a6fsd...@news.supernews.com>...

Diane, this person, who clearly is a disciple of Lyle, thanks that he
is very clever. He weaves, dodges, and tries to make himself into a
victim at others expense. I think he very likely deserves a place on
the Tranny Trolls site.

Jennifer Usher

Jennifer Usher

Apr 10, 2003, 1:18:17 PM4/10/03
"JHo" <chef...@chefster.com> wrote in message news:<newscache$4tf4dh$5t2$1...@mars.dataline.net.au>...

> well diane, you lost that arguement. its really quite shameful and a disgust
> to the whole trans community that a person such as you exists. Really very
> insensitive and shameful of you.. and pauline once told me you would never
> do such insulting things as that. but hey - your just here to win - making
> people feel bad is the way you do it.

Well Scary Gary, you again pop in, and wind up looking foolish. Diane
raised a valid point about "Willow's" attempts to profit from his
experiences in Thailand and yet at the same time using it as a club to
beat people up. You come up with this silliness. Do you actually
read and think about what posts say, or do you just keep repeating the
same silliness.

Jennifer Usher

Jennifer Usher

Apr 10, 2003, 1:28:07 PM4/10/03
Diane <diane...@phhhhhffft.org> wrote in message news:<v9a3fhr...@news.supernews.com>...

> You have had problems on two other groups that I have been made aware
> of consisting of TS individuals.
>
> You simply do not relate to us. You simply do not get it. It's not
> this group. It's not me.
>
> It's you.

I quite agree. That is at the heart of this matter. This person came
in defending Lyle and his anti-transsexual diatribes, made it clear
that he was very close minded on the subject, and then made it clear
that he was not a typical transsexual.

Jennifer Usher

Jennifer Usher

Apr 10, 2003, 1:36:56 PM4/10/03
"Willow Arune" <twofru...@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:<tC8la.690383$Yo4.60...@news1.calgary.shaw.ca>...

> Happily, the time are changing. More and more TS women are eschewing the
> hiding and moving of cities, the changed resumes. They are learning to live
> just as they are, without hiding and stealth - even if they could. The
> numbers are growing, assisted by activist groups and more. I am proud to be
> part of that vanguard, instead of hanging on to an old and discarded
> concept.

Sorry, but it is not an old and discarded concept. Yes, there are
some who give into pressure from the likes of you and go public. They
tend to lead miserable lives, being perceived as men by a sizeable
portion of the society. Others, like Diane, Paula, Elaine, Nicki, and
myself have successfully integrated into society as who and what we
really are. We are women. No need for modifiers like "transsexual."
Just women.

> You are right - I do not relate to *you*. I cannot relate to a person who
> assumes calling a rape victim a prostitute is mere sarcasm. Or one who
> makes outlandish and unfounded accusations, documented in an earlier posts,
> finally says it was unfounded, and refused even to say the simple words "I'm
> sorry". I do not relate to a person such as you and never shall for which I
> am very grateful.

Have you consider a career in politics? You shouldn't ever do so.
Your silliness is too obvious. Diane did not call you a prostitute,
and her remark was related to your efforts to profit from your rape.
Now, you made it an issue, not Diane, and not me.

> I have seen your page on Laura Blake. Frankly, give my experience with you,
> I would have to question each and every line. As with the writings of one
> JU, I think you like character assassination - as a hobby. Given my
> experience with you, I would not believe anything you said even if your
> tongue was notarized. I did note the turn at the end - so nice and
> concerned about my condition and health. Tell me, do people really fall for
> that sort of nonsense after you have attacked them for days? Well, as
> someone said, "there is one born every minute...".

Question away. Every thing on there is documented. Given your
obsession with documentation, you should be impressed.

> I care not who you are - I use my real name on all occasions, not hiding as
> do you. I don't care if you are TS or a troll, or TG or whatever. I do not
> care if you are Black, Red, Oriental or White, whatever religion. What I do
> care about is that you are an angry and unstable person, one give to
> attacking others at least in posts, without caring if you are right or
> wrong - or if you hurt others in the course of your anger. In that regard,
> I feel sorry for you, for you shall always be just as you are now.

Are you saying you continue to use your birth name legally? Diane
uses her legal name, as do I. My legal, and only name, is Jennifer
Suzanne Usher. I don't hide. I don't have to.

Jennifer Usher

Diane

Apr 10, 2003, 2:50:53 PM4/10/03
On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 16:26:58 GMT, "Willow Arune"
<twofru...@shaw.ca> wrote:
>Fortunately, I do not have to prove anything to anybody.

Good - then please stop posting the endless backwaters newspaper
articles about your so called life.

7 Years ago you spent 45 days in a Thailand jail and allegedly were
raped and abused after participating in an illegal financial
transaction. Guess what ? People spend YEARS in such horrid places.
People DIE in such places. People are in prison and getting abused
all over the world. Stop trying to prove that your experience was
worse then anybody else's . It was bad. Ok. We get it.

>You may believe
>what you will - I have no need to curry your favour...

Curry always gives me diarrhea

Diane

Apr 10, 2003, 2:52:03 PM4/10/03
On 10 Apr 2003 10:07:05 -0700, jenni...@earthlink.net (Jennifer
Usher) wrote:

>> Just my thoughts.
>
>Excellent Diane. I only hope this person will listen.

I wasn't hopeful that she would.
She didn't.

Diane

Apr 10, 2003, 3:08:59 PM4/10/03
On 10 Apr 2003 10:15:45 -0700, jenni...@earthlink.net (Jennifer
Usher) wrote:

>Diane, this person, who clearly is a disciple of Lyle, thanks that he
>is very clever. He weaves, dodges, and tries to make himself into a
>victim at others expense

She is no disciple of anyone Jennifer. She's just suffering from
similar kinds of problems that Lyle is. She's been traumatized, she
is unhappy with herself, she feels insecure and unimportant because of
her nervous disorder. So instead of facing these problems head on -
she is manufacturing a reality where she is far more important to the
world at large then she currently is.

Rather then face her victimization, and the real reasons and possible
bad decisions behind it and thus and overcome it, she embraces it and
enhances it (even attempts to sell it!) thus gaining some degree of
perceived control over it. But the "control" is illusory - it is the
traumatic experience that is still in control of her as evidenced by
the continuing nervous disorder - just as it is evidenced in Lyle by
the repeating depressive and suicidal episodes.

The "weaving" and "dodging" that you observe aren't any conscious
effort to avoid addressing the issues brought up but are rather part
of the defective thought process which allows her to maintain her
delusional world view.

I find defective thought patterns fascinating - I wish I knew how to
fix them :(

It is loading more messages.