P Mayo

1 view

Randall

Nov 26, 2001, 12:19:35 PM11/26/01

I went over to a FOOD ng. for Mayo recipes.
And brought back a bunch.
The problem Will is having with His B-5
induced peckishnes (munchies) may be more
then just the excess turkey leftovers.
I increased my B's for blood pressure
though, i didn't really need too, and
found that i was staying up later and
had increased appetitie and energy.
And haven't even increased the B5 yet.

So, we still need to get better oils into
our P bodes.
One solution is to make our own P mayo...
(to eleminate the soy oil and egg yolks)

Simply, take the recipes below and add
either Olive oil (extra virgin etc.) or
Palm, coconut (hard to find till someone
sets up the P oil cartel)flax (expensive-
only use food grade from the refer in
your health food store), canola (as far
down the oil scale i would venture.
AVOID ALL OTHER GRAIN OR SEED OILS.
(This includes NO, soy corn safflower
etc. as these are high omega 6 fats)

Another caveat. REPLACE THE EGG YOLK
WITH EGG WHITES. You can doll it up with
some extra mustard or whatever to capture
that loss yolkishness. (YOLK are high in
arachidonic acid folks-avoid like the p
plague)

so as far as the rest of the ingredients go
have a blast and experiment. I may experiment
with rice vinegar and habenero hot sauce (tabasco)
and that one with wasabi sounds good.

****************
MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.02

Title: Mayonnaise
Categories: Cajun, Sauces
Yield: 2 servings

2 ea Egg yolks
1 ts Salt
1 ea Garlic clove, minced
1/2 c Green onions, chopped fine
4 ea Shots tabasco sauce
1 x Juice of 1/2 lemmon
2 c High-grade vegetable oil(for p use olive oils)

Place all the ingredients except the oil in a blender (with the center
of the lid removed) or a food processor fitted with a plastic blade
and blend or process for 2 minutes. Pour the oil in a very thin
stream through the top or down the feed tube until it has all been
incorporated. Blend or process for 30 seconds more. Makes about 2-1/2
cups.

MMMMM

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.02

Title: Basic Mayonnaise
Categories: Sauces
Yield: 12 servings

1 ea Egg yolk(no yolks use whites)
1/2 ts Mustard, Dijon; (opt)
1/2 ts Salt
1 pn Cayenne
1 tb Vinegar
3/4 c Olive oil

Put the egg yolk, mustard, salt, cayenne, and vinegar in a clean (NOT
PLASTIC!) bowl, and whisk until blended. Beat in the oil, drop by
drop. As the sauce thickens, increase the flow of oil, but only
slightly. Be slow and patient. Makes one cup.
The Fannie Farmer Cookbook

MMMMM

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.02

Title: Sesame Mayonnaise (I know jr will relish this one)
Categories: Sauces, Kump
Yield: 1 servings

1 Egg yolk (no yokes around your P)
2 ts Lemon juice
2 ts Soy sauce
1/2 c Vegetable oil
-(preferably safflower)...NOPE (use olive oil etc.)
1/4 c Sesame oil

Mix shredded chicken with this and some minced scallions, sliced water
chestnuts and toasted sesame seeds, and you have an instant Sesame
Chicken Salad.

WHISK THE YOLK, lemon juice and soy sauce together. Add the vegetable
oil drop by drop, very slowly, while whisking vigorously. Once you
obtain a thick, emulsified mixture, you may begin adding the oil more
quickly, by spoonfuls. Continue whisking until all the vegetable and
sesame oil is incorporated. (This may also be prepared in a food
processor or blender--just remember to add the oil very slowly at the
beginning.)

Makes 1 Cup

PETER KUMP - PRODIGY GUEST CHEFS COOKBOOK

MMMMM

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.02

Title: Homemade Mayonnaise
Categories: Sauces, Madison
Yield: 1 servings

1 Egg yolk (nope use white of egg)
1/2 ts Salt
1/2 ts Dijon mustard
-(or more to taste)
1 tb Lemon juice
-=OR=- White Wine Vinegar
1 c Light olive oil; -=OR=-
-peanut oil or vegetable oil( peanut is ok i think)
Hot water

QUICKLY BRING THE EGG to room temperature by setting it in a bowl of
hot water for 2-or-3 minutes, or until the egg no longer feels
chilled when held in your hand. Then separate out the yolk. Combine
the egg yolk, salt, mustard and lemon juice or vinegar in a bowl; set
the bowl on a folded towel to keep it from moving around. Briskly
whisk the ingredients together until they are thoroughly blended;
then begin adding the oil, drop by drop at first, then in gradually
increasing amounts. When the oil is completely incorporated, taste
the mayonnaise and add more salt or lemon juice or vinegar if
desired. A very thick mayonnaise can be thinned by stirring in a
spoonful or two of hot water until you get the consistency you want.

Makes 1 1/2 Cups

DEBORAH MADISON - PRODIGY GUEST CHEFS COOKBOOK

MMMMM

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.02

Title: Low-Calorie Mayonnaise
Categories: Sauces, Low-cal
Yield: 1 servings

1 ts Unflavored gelatin
3/4 c Milk
1 Egg yolk (no yokes... use egg white)
1 tb Vinegar
1/2 ts Salt
1/4 ts Dry mustard
1 ds Hot pepper sauce

Calorie-counters find this gelatin- based mayonnaise a boon at only
about 20 calories per tablespoon compared to 100 calories per
tablespoon for regular mayonnaise.

Soak gelatin in 1/4 cup milk. Heat remaining 1/2 cup milk until hot
and add to gelatin mixture. Stir until gelatin is dissolved. Beat egg
yolk slightly with vinegar, salt, mustard and hot pepper sauce and
stir into milk mixture. Chill until mixture begins to thicken, then
whip until fluffy. Store in refrigerator.

Makes about 1 cup

(C) 1992 The Los Angeles Times

MMMMM

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.02

Title: Basic Blender Mayonnaise
Categories: Spreads
Yield: 8 servings

1 Egg; whole @ room temp.
2 tb Wine vinegar @ room temp.
1/2 ts Salt
1/2 ts Dry mustard
3/4 c Vegetable oil @ room temp
Pepper to taste

Place egg, wine vingegar, salt, mustard in machine at low speed and
add 1 T. oil. Whiz and then add remainder of oil in a slow stream
till thick. * Oils preferred: peanut, safflower, soy.(olive oil first)

MMMMM

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.02

Title: Creamy Lo-Cal Mayonnaise (They should have called this one yuck)
Categories: Salads, Sauces, Dressings, Vegan
Yield: 1 servings

1 1/4 c Water
1/4 c White flour
1 ts Salt
1 ts Onion powder
1/8 ts Garlic powder
2 tb Oil
1 1/2 tb Lemon juice

Simmer together all ingredients except oil & lemon juice. Scrape the
simmered ingredients into a blender. While blending, drizzle in the
oil. Stir in the lemon juice. Chill.

Alternative: Replace oil with 3 tb tahini OR use 1/4 c cashews.

JoAn Rachor, "Of These Ye May Freely Eat"

MMMMM

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.02

Title: Eggless Mayonnaise
Categories: Vegetarian, Vegan, Sauces
Yield: 1 batch

3 tb Lemon juice
1/2 c Soy milk
1/4 ts Salt
1/4 ts Paprika
1/4 ts Prepared mustard
6 tb Vegetable oil(use olive oil.. )

Put all the ingredients except the oil in a blender. Blend on lowest
speed. Graduall - literally one drop at a time - add the oil until
the mixture starts to thicken. Continue blending until thickened and
smooth. Transfer to a jar and store in the refrigerator.

Makes 3/4 cup

Preparation Time: 20

* Source: The Compassionate Cook - by Ingrid Newkirk and PETA * Typos
courtesy of: Karen Mintzias

MMMMM

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.02

Title: Wasabi Mayonnaise
Categories: Dressings, Japanese, Sushi, Chef
Yield: 1 servings

3 Egg yolks (egads death for p skin! use only the whites)
1/2 ts Salt
-I tablespoon lemon Juice
3 tb Japanese rice vinegar or
-white wine vinegar
2 tb Soya sauce
2 tb Dijon mustard
6 tb Wasabi powder, mixed with a
-little water to make a
-paste
500 ml Vegetable oil

Process all the ingredients, except the oil, in a food processor and,
with the motor still running, gradually add the oil in a steady
stream, until a thick mayonnaise forms.

MMMMM

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.02

Title: Papaya Mayonnaise
Categories: Condiments, Mine
Yield: 1 servings

1 c Papaya, peeled
Finely chopped
(about 1 medium)
2 tb Mayonnaise
2 tb Onion(s), finely chopped
2 tb Red bell pepper
Finely chopped
2 tb Yellow bell pepper
Finely chopped
2 tb Green bell pepper
Finely chopped
Hot sauce to taste

In a bowl, stir together all the ingredients with salt to taste and
chill, covered. Serve with seafood.

Gourmet Magazine January 1996

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

In order to beat P we need to get
down in the trenches and get dirty...
We have to feed those cravings and feel
satiated or we just keep blowing it.
And since we are trying these B vit
things more then ever do we need good oils.
I take at least one tablespoon a day of Flax
oil to balence my omega 3's. If you eat
other oils, more then likely you are getting
to much omega 6's (pro inflamatories) in your
diet. The omega 3's will cool down the flames
of p from this... or just don't eat soy oils etc.
And for your sake no hydrogenated fats and margarines.
Like eating glue and plastics, in My Opinion.

So, once you get clear mentally and psychically
you can cheat once and a while and watch it
try to advance enemy p lines as its a never
ending battle for p turf on your bode.

NOw, buck up and fight the good p battle.
With your fork and knife..

randall notes from p kitchen..

JRStern

Nov 26, 2001, 2:07:00 PM11/26/01
On 26 Nov 2001 09:19:35 -0800, ranh...@aol.com (Randall) wrote:
>Simply, take the recipes below and add
>either Olive oil (extra virgin etc.) or
>Palm, coconut (hard to find till someone
>sets up the P oil cartel)flax (expensive-
>only use food grade from the refer in
>your health food store), canola (as far
>down the oil scale i would venture.
>AVOID ALL OTHER GRAIN OR SEED OILS.
>(This includes NO, soy corn safflower
>etc. as these are high omega 6 fats)

Whole Foods markets carries edible coconut oil in Los Angeles, are you
sure you can't find it at GNC or such nationwide?

Hey, you might add a few grams of primrose oil to any of these mixes,
for good luck!

>Another caveat. REPLACE THE EGG YOLK
>WITH EGG WHITES.

Being no cook, I always assumed that white mayo was, y'know, mostly
egg whites! Turns out it's commonly egg YOLKS and oil. Who knew?
Thanks for pointing it out!

I wonder if the consistency of mayo will work the same with whites
instead of yolks. May want to add some other fats, ... the coconut
oil would probably suffice, else, cream or butter??? And, probably
want to add some more *something* to replace the sulfury nose of the
yolks, ... mustard, as you say, but I think mustard does me ill (but
would be the proper yellow, I suppose). Horseradish?

--

My old Settlement cookbook lists about a dozen mayos, including this
with relatively less yolk and less oil as well:

Sour Cream Boiled Mayonnaise
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
few grains cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
4 eggs
1/2 cup oil
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 cup sour cream

Mix dry ingredients, add eggs, well beaten; stir
will and cook in double boiler over boiling ater;
add alternately oil, vinegar and lemon, stirring
constantly. When read to serve, add cream.

(Boiled dressings and mayo do not freez
well but they must be refrigerated unless
packed ... in sterilized, airtight, sealed
containers)

J.