ALCAR - Bruce Ames --Jeanne Calment -- Chester Reed ---> Negation of STRESS via SuPPlementations

randall

Jul 16, 2010, 8:58:55 PM7/16/10
Hi

When you eat some ALC you want the RIGHT one.

That is called chiral for you lefties btw.

chirAL (GREEK - FOR HAND ) and means left or right handed molecule.

<don't back hand the messenger lol>

Readjustment stress from being in WAR is worse then the WAR at
times. ?

suicide...

BEEF up the feel good stuff in your body or suicide?

Yikes... i want it. Lorreal...

Beyonce .. i want it
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x770g6_beyonce-and-solange-loreal-commerci_music

But... but,

You can't handle it.

i want it.

OK get the handedness down and don't let them give you
the left handed nonsense in your ALCAR.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chirality_(chemistry)

alcar-- ALC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetylcarnitine
Acetyl-L-carnitine or ALCAR, is an acetylated form of L-carnitine. It
is a dietary supplement and naturally occurs in plants and animals.
<sniP>

How do you get enough and why stress is stressing you, me and US to
death.

So what else is in it?

I'll find the patents for this area of supplementalness.

<over a 100 hits for ___stress.____ exactly what the oldest woman in
the world comments on>

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2006/0257502.html
A COMBINATION OF MITOCHONDRIAL NUTRIENTS FOR RELIEVING STRESS,
PREVENTING AND IMPROVING STRESS-RELATED DISORDERS

United States Patent Application 20060257502

A dietary supplement of mitochondrial nutrients is designed for
relieving stress, preventing and improving stress-related disorders,
such as chronic fatigue syndrome, diabetes, age-associated cognitive
dysfunction and diseases (Parkinson's and Alzheimer's disease). The
supplement composition has the following nutrients: B vitamins
(cyanocobalamin 2-1,000 ug, thiamin 1-1,000 mg, niacin 15-2,000 mg,
pyridoxine 1-1,000 mg, Pantothenate 5-150 mg, folic acid 400-40,000
ug), alpha-tocopherol 10-800 mg, ascorbic acid 50-10,000 mg, calcium
20-2,000 mg, vitamin A 200-10,000 ug, alpha-lipoic acid 100-1,000 mg,
N-acetyl cysteine 100-3,000 mg, L-carnosine 100-9,000 mg, tyrosine
100-9,000 mg, vanillin 10-100 mg, phosphatidylserine 10-800 mg,
resveratrol 10-50 mg, dehydroepiandrosterone 1-50 mg, and melatonin
0.1-3 mg, all of which have been individually used experimentally or
clinically for relieving stress, preventing and treating age- and
stress-related disorders and diseases but no combination of these
compounds has been used. Many embodiments also contain at least one
adjunct ingredient such as coenzyme Q 10-200 mg, acetyl-L-carnitine
100-2,000 mg, choline 50-1,000 mg, and creatine 100-2,000 mg

[...]
11. L-Carnitine/Acetyl_L-Carnitine

L-Carnitine has been described as a conditionally essential nutrient
for humans. L-Carnitine is a betaine required for the transport of
long-chain fatty acids into the mitochondria for fuel. It also
facilitates the removal from the mitochondria of the excess short- and
medium-chain fatty acids that accumulate during metabolism. L-
Carnitine, and its acetyl derivative, acetyl-L-carnitine (ALCAR),
affect other cellular functions, including maintaining key proteins
and lipids of the mitochondria at sufficient levels and proper
membrane orientation, for maximum energy production. ALCAR, like L-
carnitine, is present in high concentration in the brain as well as
muscle, and provides acetyl-equivalents for the production of the
neurotransmitter acetylcholine. Experimental data have demonstrated an
age-associated decrease of tissue levels of L-carnitine in animals,
including humans, and an associated decrease in the integrity of the
mitochondrial membrane. ALCAR is more widely used than L-carnitine in
animal research and clinical trials to gain metabolic benefits to the
brain, heart, liver, and other organs. Studies have shown that ALCAR
has the following functions and effects on stress and stress-related
disorders:

[...]
Acetyl-L-carnitine+alpha-lipoic acid for improving memory and
increasing antioxidant defense system (Liu J, Head E, Gharib A M, Yuan
W, Ingersoll R T, Hagen T M, Cotman C W, Ames B N.: Memory loss in old
rats is associated with brain mitochondrial decay and RNA/DNA
oxidation: partial reversal by feeding acetyl-L-carnitine and/or R-
alpha-lipoic acid. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. Feb. 19, 2002;99(4):
2356-61).

[...]
TABLE 2

The clinically used doses of other components (Recommended
dietary allowance (RDA) not available)

Dose range used
Substance clinically

R-Alpha-Lipoic acid (LA)/ 300-1,000 mg
N-Acetyl-cysteine 3,000 mg
L-Carnosine 800 mg
Tyrosine 6,000-9,000 mg
Vanillin 0.5 g/kg ketchup
Phosphatidylserine 50-800 mg
Resveratrol 25 mg
Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) 25-50 mg
Melatonin 0.1-3 mg
CoQ10 10-1,200 mg
Acetyl-L-carnitine 100-2,000 mg
Choline 50-1000 mg
Creatine 100-20,000 mg
<sniP>

---

More bruce ames patents?

OK

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7030154.html
Stability of lipoic acid

United States Patent 7030154

A method of stabilizing R-α-lipoic acid includes combining R-α-lipoic
acid with nicotinamide in a weight ratio between about 10:4 to about
10:8. A composition for treating oxidative stress includes R-α-lipoic
acid and nicotinamide in a weight ratio of between about 10:4 and
about 10:8.
<sniP>

i want it... :)

----

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5916912.html
Dietary composition for enhancing metabolism and alleviating oxidative
stress

United States Patent 5916912
The metabolic rate of aged cells of a mammalian host is enhanced
without a concomitant increase in metabolic production of reactive
oxygen species by orally administering to the host an effective dosage
of a carnitine, such as acetyl-L-carnitine, and a mitochondrially
active antioxidant, such as lipoic acid.

[...]
2. Background of the Invention

Numerous lines of evidence suggest that the organelles of cellular
respiration, the mitochondria, decay with cellular aging (Shigenaga et
al. 1994, PNAS 91, 10771). Unfortunately, the study of mitochondrial
aging has been hampered because mitochondria isolated from older cells
and host animals are fragile and heterogeneous. Hence the
interpretation of any results is suspect as about half the
mitochondria lyse during isolation. Our laboratory recently described
a new method for studying mitochondria in hepatocytes from old animals
that avoids this problem (Hagen et al. 1997, PNAS 94, 3064-3069). We
found that mitochondria from older animals are not only more fragile,
but have about half the level of cardiolipin, a key lipid unique to
mitochondria, without which they can not maintain a high membrane
potential. Furthermore, Hagen et al. show that in hepatocytes from
older animals, the mitochondria are lower in membrane potential and
leak out more toxic oxidants.

[...]
The following examples are offered by way of illustration and not by
way of limitation.

EXAMPLES

Formulation 1. 250 mg pharmaceutical grade dry acetyl-L-carnitine and
250 mg pharmaceutical grade dry lipoic acid are administered orally 4×
daily in 500 mg gelatin capsules.

Formulation 2. 500 mg pharmaceutical grade dry acetyl-L-carnitine and
300 mg pharmaceutical grade dry N-acetyl cysteine are administered
orally 4× daily in 800 mg gelatin capsules.

Formulation 3. 1% w/v of each pharmaceutical grade acetyl-L-carnitine
and pharmaceutical grade glutathione are administered orally in a 2%
glucose solution to 0.2 and 0.1 g/kg/day total dosage.

Animal data reveal treated host cell mitochondria demonstrate enhanced
levels of cardiolipin and membrane potential, reduced production of
reactive oxygen species, and mitigation of indicia of aging, including
activity, muscle tone, coat appearance and kidney morphology.
<sniP>

i want it...

Did Jeanne calment have it?

She drank port wine and olive oil and said SCREW STRESS

And smoked a cig here and there.

Does that relieve or create sterss? Yikes speLLing creates it. <G>

http://anson.ucdavis.edu/~wang/calment.html

[...]
They attribute her longevity to her immunity to stress. She once
said “ If you can’t do anything about it, don’t worry about it.”.

Calment herself credited an occasional glass of Port vine and a diet
rich in olive oil for her longevity. She also recommended laughter as
a recipe for longevity and jokes that "God must have forgotten
me." ( L'Oubliee de Dieu?). For skin care, she recommends olive oil
and a dab of make-up. "All my life I've put olive oil on my skin and
then just a puff of powder. I could never wear mascara, I cried too
often when I laughed."

She took up fencing lessons at 85 and rode bicycle until 100.
However ------
She used to ate two lbs. of chocolate per week until her doctor
persuaded her to give up sweets at the age of 119. She quit smoking
only at 119, but her doctor said her abstinence was due to pride
rather than health — she was too blind to light up herself, and hated
asking someone to do it for her.
Quotations
<crap>

If she ate tobacco she might still be alive?

Nah...

She had to eat more then laughs to cure the ills of stress. LOL

i love her

http://www.supercentenarian.com/oldest/jeanne-calment.html

Believed to be world's oldest, woman in France dies at 122

<see photo on the above link>

Jeanne Calment died Monday of natural causes at a retirement home in
Arles, France, where she had lived for 12 years. She was just 120 when
this photo was taken in 1995.

PARIS -- Jeanne Calment, born a year before Alexander Graham Bell
patented his telephone and 14 years before Alexandre Gustave Eiffel
built his tower, died Monday in a nursing home in Arles. At 122, she
was the oldest person whose age had been verified by official
documents.

Officials at the nursing home where she moved when she was 110 gave no
specific cause of death. Calment, who had been confined to a
wheelchair after a fall nine years ago, was nearly blind and very hard
of hearing. She gave up a two-cigarette-a-day habit a few years ago --
not for health reasons, a doctor said, but because she could no longer
see well enough to light up and hated asking others to do it for her.

In her last decade Calment became a French institution, regularly
described in the news media as the "doyenne of humanity." Every year
on her birthday, Feb. 21, she regaled reporters with quips about her
secret of longevity -- the list changed every year and included
laughter, activity and "a stomach like an ostrich's." Her most
memorable explanation was that "God must have forgotten me."

Despite her faltering physical condition, Calment continued to show
impressive mental acuity and high spirits. "I've only ever had one
wrinkle, and I'm sitting on it," she said when she turned 110.

For her 121st birthday last year, a record company released Mistress
of Time, a four-track CD of her spoken reminiscences over a background
of rap and other tunes. The retirement-home supervisor who brokered
the recording contract was removed from her post after charges that
Calment had not fully understood what was involved.

The French had their own theories about why she lived so long, noting
that she used to eat more than two pounds of chocolate a week, treat
her skin with olive oil, drank port wine and rode a bicycle until she
was 100.

Longevity ran in the family. Calment's mother lived until she was 86
and her father until he was 93. But Jean-Marie Robine, a public health
researcher who is one of the authors of a book about Calment, said her
great strength was her unflappability.

"I think she was someone who, constitutionally and biologically
speaking, was immune to stress," he said in a telephone interview.
"She once said, `If you can't do anything about it, don't worry about
it.' "

At her party last year, Calment hinted about what it takes to stay
interested in life, even one as long as hers.
"I dream, I think, I go over my life," she said. "I never get bored."

At the age of 115 she fell and fractured two bones, and her memory
began to fail. But she retained a tart wit. When somebody took leave
by telling her, "Until next year, perhaps," she retorted: "I don't see
why not! You don't look so bad to me."
The Guinness Book of World Records had listed Calment as the oldest-
living person whose birth date could be authenticated by reliable
records.

Clive Carpenter, spokesman for Guinness Publications in London, said
the firm had an unconfirmed candidate for the oldest-person honors --
a woman living in California who says she is 118. But Guinness would
not recognize the claim or identify her until its researchers have
seen her birth certificate.

Monday the mayor of Arles, Michel Vauzelle, said the town is in
mourning. "She was the living memory of our town. She brought us
comfort and hope with her liveliness, humor and tenderness. In short,
we had hoped she was immortal," he said in a statement quoted by news
services.

Calment was born in Arles in 1875, before the invention of the light
bulb and the phonograph, the airplane and the automobile.
According to a legend amplified by the French press, as a young teen-
ager Calment met Vincent Van Gogh when the artist spent a year in
Provence and bought his canvases at a local art-supply shop owned by
her future in-laws. Prompted by reporters, she described Van Gogh as
"very ugly, ungracious, impolite, sick. ... We called him a madman."

She turned 40 during the first months of World War I and reached
retirement age at the outbreak of World War II. Having married in
1896, she outlived her husband by 55 years, their only child by 63
years and their only grandchild by 37 years.
Calment left no heirs.

She also outlived Andre-Francois Raffray, a lawyer who, 32 years ago,
when she was merely 90, bought the apartment she used to live in on a
contingency contract. He would pay her 2,500 francs (now about $400) a
month until she died, and then the apartment would become his.

Raffray died a year ago at 77, after paying Calment more than
$180,000, better than double the apartment's market value. His family
was still paying when she died.
<sniP>

++++++++++++++++++++++

How do men live to 100?

They avoid stress?

NO they do that by keePing BUSY...

This next guy does... and he doesn't smoke but does like Jack LaLane

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/jun/30/oldest-us-postal-worker-retires-in-calif-at-95/
Oldest US postal worker retires in Calif. at 95

By NARDINE SAAD (AP) – Jun 30, 2010

REDLANDS, Calif. — It wasn't snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night
that stopped Chester Arthur Reed from his appointed round. The mail
handler just felt it was time to call it quits at age 95.

The fork lift operator retired Wednesday as the nation's oldest postal
worker, ending a career without taking a single sick day. It's a feat
he attributes to a healthy diet of watermelon, alkaline water and an
onion sandwich with mayo every day.

"If everyone in the nation ate watermelons, they'd get rid of all the
doctors," Reed said.

Despite being partially deaf and walking with a stoop, Reed has worked
for more years than many of his co-workers have been alive and has
accrued 3,856 hours — nearly two years — of sick leave for not missing
a shift in 37 years.

Reed has been a U.S. Postal Service mail handler and forklift operator
since he was hired in 1973, making $4 an hour. He hit the $25-an-hour
ceiling about 10 years ago.

Reed said he likes his job because "one, it's a steady income and,
two, they don't hassle you." But he also knows when to leave,
reasoning: "The Bible says there's a time for everything. Well, it's
time to retire, and that's it."

Reed worked the 2:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. shift and logged in more than 12
hours some days, his 55-year-old manager Mary Brunkhorst said. "We'd
have to force him to go home, and he'd say there's still work to do.
It takes a special person to work to age 95. Our generation would not
do that."

About 100 people attended a retirement ceremony Wednesday for Reed
where he was presented with a plaque bearing about 40 stamps that
depict locations he visited or activities he enjoyed. Some in the
audience wiped away tears.

Reed was hired to the postal service after serving in the Air Force,
which he joined at age 33. Among the places where he served were
Wiesbaden in Germany, Okinawa in Japan, and three Texas bases before
ending up in March Field in Riverside where he currently lives.

Despite his travel during military service, Reed still has wanderlust.
He and his 59-year-old son Richard visit a continent each year,
recently marking their fifth. He is planning another trip that will
include Moscow, Helsinki and Dublin, and a second parasailing
adventure in Rio de Janeiro.

He last parasailed two years ago, at age 93.

Reed was born in 1914 and grew up in St. Clairsville, Ohio, as the son
of an auto mechanic and a housewife. After high school, he worked on
Ford Model Ts in his dad's auto shop. In 1944, Reed met his wife Iva
Katherine, a dance instructor, on the dance floor and enlisted in the
Air Force three years later.

He retired from active service as a sergeant in 1972. He said he heard
the post office was hiring, so he went in for an interview and was
hired on the spot.

His military service, which included physical conditioning with
pilots, is evident in the rigid discipline surrounding his health.
It's his favorite topic of conversation, said Reed's co-worker Verna
Ortiz, 50.

He believes in drinking alkaline water, to minimize acids that can
damage digestive system, and eating sandwiches made "with a lot of
mayonnaise and get a big slice of onion" because the vegetable is
closely related to garlic, one of the healthiest foods you can eat, he
said.

"He taught me to stay away from the two S's: salt and sugar," Ortiz
said, adding she lost 10 pounds in six months by taking his advice.

Reed also likes to point out that his personal hero, the fitness guru
Jack LaLanne whom Reed calls "a fine physical specimen," is only one
month his senior.

Reed is one of seven siblings, but has outlived all but the youngest —
a 65-year-old who lives near San Diego. Reed's other son died of
cancer at age 58 a few years ago, and Reed's wife died soon after.

Regardless of his longevity, Reed doesn't think he's leaving a legacy.
"Put your hand in a bucket of water, put it in all the way to your
wrist. Take it out and the hole that you leave will be how much you'll
be missed," he said.

And while he may not be going to a job anymore, he's still working
hard.

"Hey, if Adam and Eve hadn't messed up, they'd be living yet," he
said. "So I'm going to try to reach 100."
<sniP>

has chester talking on an embedded video.. kewl

or go here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTtu24Gblrc

He's got a nice head of hair.

Here's to watermelon, alkaline water and onion sandwiches...

watermelon is one way to increase glutathione levels btw...

Whats that water stuff?

Is it the dr. shinya alkaline water?

Why Celebrities use Alkaline water?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roQYwH88GrY&feature=related

more on this topic:
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=youtube+alkaline+water+shinya&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=ce05a414b371d0b0

And even more on this kangen shinya alkaline water:
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=+alkaline+water+shinya+kangen&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=ce05a414b371d0b0

I guess i go to the groups for the low down and straight POOP?

Yep
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&q=%20alkaline%20water%20shinya%20kangen&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wg

The very first one has a caveat follow up to a true believer's post.

And a bunch more of really nice posts. <w>
http://acidalkalinediet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1405

some mercola forum posts on this topic"
http://communities.mercola.com/forums/t/2023.aspx

on wikipedia for water ionizer:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_ionizer

Maybe if you convice yourself that your tap water is ionized you'll
live longer
and feel better?

Its ALL in your MIND.

I've got plently of Older friends and they for the most part are YOUNG
at HEART.

I HAD a qi gong teacher who seemed 16 when she turned 90.

I know this guy in Montana and he acts 12. LOL

OK, i best say 16. <W>

No, no, he's more like his age. LOL

I'm the one whose gone SAILing in HIS mind...

Oh well..

Women and MEN and living to 100 raises a real spector.

But taking bruce ames alcar and alc or ala and other supportive
nutrients to combat stress makes total SENSE if you want to live that
long.

randall... Hey it all ain't HAY... OATs come in to PLAY....