shyness and social-phobia

Bron4aur

Jun 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/5/97

Band...@aol.com ,

I hope all went well with your husband's surgery. Please excuse my
fits of anger. It's just that every time I hear people talk about a
"chemical
imbalance" or a possible genetic link to this and that, I translate that
mean my mother and father's abuse and neglect was NOT the cause
of my problems. Well it was . 100%
What is the OFFICIAL cause of social-phobia ,anyway ?
Any medical professionals willing to share their opinions, i would love to
them, but i'm more interested in hearing the opinions of the actual
sufferers. Are there any social-phobics here who were abused ?
Are there any schizophrenics here who were abused ?
>Would you tell a diabetic that they
>shouldn't inject themselves with insulin - that there are alternative
>medicines to that? To me, it's the same thing, just a different chemical
>that is lacking with different symptoms.
BTW diabetes is not caused by abuse. Therefore it's not the same thing.
You make it sound like diagnosis of mental disorders should be as simple
as a brain scan to determine which chemical(s) is imbalanced.
And treatment- as simple as administering the appropriate chemical(s) to
the patient.
Well, if it were that simple, then I suppose this newsgroup would not
exist.

Mike

Galiganinda Dulin

Jun 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/5/97

In article <19970605041...@ladder02.news.aol.com>,

Bron4aur <bron...@aol.com> wrote:
>sufferers. Are there any social-phobics here who were abused ?
>Are there any schizophrenics here who were abused ?

I was abused.

--
-- | "My God!--it's full of stars!"
Amanda Baggs | (Dave Bowman)

Peter Lee

Jun 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/7/97

I have read some articles and they claim that genetics does play its part
as well. For example during war times, time of slavery and in
concentration camps the proportion of getting schizo does not increase by
much ...

P.

Bron4aur <bron...@aol.com> wrote in article
<19970605041...@ladder02.news.aol.com>...

> Band...@aol.com ,
>
> I hope all went well with your husband's surgery. Please excuse my
> fits of anger. It's just that every time I hear people talk about a
> "chemical
> imbalance" or a possible genetic link to this and that, I translate that
> mean my mother and father's abuse and neglect was NOT the cause
> of my problems. Well it was . 100%
> What is the OFFICIAL cause of social-phobia ,anyway ?
> Any medical professionals willing to share their opinions, i would love
> them, but i'm more interested in hearing the opinions of the actual

> sufferers. Are there any social-phobics here who were abused ?
> Are there any schizophrenics here who were abused ?

skins affro

Jun 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/7/97

i felt need to respond because my best friend is in a mental
institution for schizo behavior.a lot of it was caused by smoking
marajuaina and painkillers.i dont know what to say to him,im even scared
to go visit him.hes on massive drugs and i dont ever think hell be the
same guy i once new.but i almost think that mental patients have all the
difficult answers that us ""normal ""people dont have.
someone who cares

Galiganinda Dulin

Jun 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/7/97

In article <5nbmr3$nst$1...@newsd-199.bryant.webtv.net>,

Hmm... marijuana can make schizophrenia worse, but I'm not sure it can
cause it altogether. Yes, there is always a risk that he won't be the
same person that you knew. I certainly know that -I- wasn't the same
person that my friends and family knew. Of course, I didn't realise that
at all. But a certain therapist dug deep down into me and pulled me
out. There is always hope. As to having answers, I feel that I have
more -questions- than most people do. But I don't know the answers to
most of them...