Heart in throat

1 view

Joyce of Pendle

Oct 12, 2007, 8:19:57 PM10/12/07
I don't think I have meno problems, since 10 years ago the (post
hysterectomy) biopsy showed that my ovaries were atrophied, but
I've started getting hot flushes, about twice a day. The thing that
really worries me is that every evening my pulse rate goes up over
100, so that I feel to be scared with heart hammering in throat and
innards. I take bendroflumethiazide which keeps my blood pressure
under control, and I can't see anything like this in the list of
side effects. Ideas?

Joyce of Pendle.

--
"The spear in the Other's heart is in your own: you are he." -- Surak
pendle atte boulsworth dotco_dotuk

jacquie

Oct 12, 2007, 9:05:48 PM10/12/07
Could it be Palpitations? I know when your potassium is low you can get
palpitations. I always felt them in my throat and neck...pretty scary. Since
you are on a diuretic you might want to have your potassium checked..also
drink a glass of OJ or a banana a day...or anything high in potassium. To
low of potassium can mess with your heart.
I just found this on line:
"So what are 'normal' pulse rates?
The average resting heart rate for an adult is between 60 and 100 beats per
minute, while well-conditioned athletes can achieve between 40 and 60 beats
per minute. The maximum pulse rate is 220 minus your age, and the target for
a healthy pulse rate during, or just after, exercise, is 60-80 per cent of
this. "

"Joyce of Pendle" <pen...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

Cathy F.

Oct 12, 2007, 9:18:55 PM10/12/07

"Joyce of Pendle" <pen...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>I don't think I have meno problems, since 10 years ago the (post
> hysterectomy) biopsy showed that my ovaries were atrophied, but
> I've started getting hot flushes, about twice a day. The thing that
> really worries me is that every evening my pulse rate goes up over
> 100, so that I feel to be scared with heart hammering in throat and
> innards. I take bendroflumethiazide which keeps my blood pressure
> under control, and I can't see anything like this in the list of
> side effects. Ideas?

At first glance, I'd say you're experiencing palpitations. I haven't had
them myself (amazingly enough, considering how many other meno symptoms I
have had!), but plenty of other menopausal women report them. And the
palpitations I've heard of always seem to occur in the evening/just after
going to bed/about to go to sleep.

Cathy

> Joyce of Pendle.

Message has been deleted

Eva

Oct 13, 2007, 2:51:30 PM10/13/07

"DanaŠ" <Anee...@ownmail.com> wrote in message

> On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 01:19:57 +0100, Joyce of Pendle
> <pen...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
> >nd I can't see anything like this in the list of
> >side effects. Ideas?
>
> Panic attacks? That is exactly how I felt when I was diagnosed with
> panic attacks. Just a thought.
---------
Yeah, I had the same thought but was hesitant to post it.
Eva

Joyce of Pendle

Oct 14, 2007, 3:27:13 PM10/14/07
I wrote:
> every evening my pulse rate goes up over 100, so that I feel to
> be scared with heart hammering in throat and innards.

Thanks for your suggestions. I will definitely watch my diet and
make sure I'm getting plenty of potassium. I think the main thing
(asking a question in a public forum is nearly as good as
hindsight) is that when I was told in mid-summer that I should stop
"over-doing it" I over-did that too, and I have not been getting
enough exercise lately.

Panic attacks? That sounds a bit more dramatic than what I've been
feeling. I think it is that pulse is staying very fast, but that I
don't notice it as long as I have a book or the TV.

Thanks again :)

Chakolate

Oct 16, 2007, 10:24:14 PM10/16/07

> Panic attacks? That sounds a bit more dramatic than what I've been
> feeling. I think it is that pulse is staying very fast, but that I
> don't notice it as long as I have a book or the TV.

Sorry to come in late, but I missed the beginning of this thread.

May I ask if you're taking an antidepressant or supplements of tryptophan
or 5-HTP? Those can cause what you describe.

Chak

--
If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.
--Anatole France

Joyce of Pendle

Oct 17, 2007, 12:30:40 AM10/17/07
In article <Xns99CBD9D88750Bc...@207.115.17.102>,

Chakolate <chakolateDea...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Joyce of Pendle <pen...@invalid.invalid> wrote in

> > Panic attacks? That sounds a bit more dramatic than what I've
> > been feeling. I think it is that pulse is staying very fast,
> > but that I don't notice it as long as I have a book or the TV.

> Sorry to come in late, but I missed the beginning of this thread.

> May I ask if you're taking an antidepressant or supplements of
> tryptophan or 5-HTP? Those can cause what you describe.

I took antidepressants (serotonin uptake inhibitors) in '02 and
'03; they did indeed make me feel awful and I think maybe I'm still
feeling damage.

Definitely I need a bit more exercise, but just a tiny bit exhausts
and over-excites me. <growl> Moderation? What's that?

Joyce of Pendle

Oct 17, 2007, 1:31:01 AM10/17/07
In article <13h06rn...@corp.supernews.com>, jacquie

<happi...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Could it be Palpitations? I know when your potassium is low you
> can get palpitations. I always felt them in my throat and
> neck...pretty scary. Since you are on a diuretic you might want
> to have your potassium checked..also drink a glass of OJ or a
> banana a day...or anything high in potassium. To low of
> potassium can mess with your heart.

Oats are high in potassium aren't they? I eat lots!

jacquie

Oct 17, 2007, 8:02:16 PM10/17/07
I think they are...I am a diabetic and oatmeal doesn't help my numbers very
well :)
jacquie