Another "Hi Y'all"

LadyJ3

Aug 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/2/98
Another chapter in my "story".
I came to this group out of curiosity. I stayed because of the
words I found written here and was held longer by the caring and
sharing of this group.
I did not come here for romance or love or even to find friends.
The basket case that I was, did not wish those things.
I did find friends here, though. And in the beginning was one
that offered his friendship without reservation. I accepted that
friendship and grew because of it.
We became good friends and helped each other. He did more
helping, I think, than I. <smile> And I learned trust.
Over the months, our keyboard friendship grew. I thought at one
point that I was caring too much and thought to run. My habit of
old. Run. Run before I could hurt someone or they could hurt me.
But, he was going through a difficult time, then and I was torn about
leaving him to himself. I turned to another friend that I had made
here. Gina. I told her of my fears and told her that I knew that I
would be hurt if I allowed this to continue because friendship was all
this man ever wished of me and I knew that I was not what he was
wanting and needing.
And as a good friend will, she threw back at me words that I had
given others about never knowing if you do not try. And she added
words of her own that I gathered to my heart. I did not run. But, I
was careful.
The friendship deepened and when something good happened, I found
myself rushing to share it with him and when something not good
happened, I found myself rushing to him for comfort. And so, I
learned the meaning of needing someone.
As long locked doors were opened and deeply buried emotions dug
up, I found more feelings that confused me. And I spoke of these
feelings and found that he also, was guarding his heart. <smile>
Like two frightened children, we were finding our way. Our way out of
painful times of our past. Our way toward each other. I began to
think that possibly I was wrong in that I was not what he was wanting
or needing.
Then came the time that we both had to admit that what we felt for
each other had gone far beyond mere friendship. And then we were
truly afraid. For to reach for more, meant the possibility of losing
what we had. Our treasured friendship. If we were to meet and one of
us could not feel that "magic" that must be there, for there to be
more, we might lose the friendship. How long could the one who was
left wanting continue to be "just friend"?
Neither of us had wished more than friendship. But, it had
happened and should we gamble what we had in hopes of more? The
answer...."Yes". We arranged to meet. And we were both scared nearly
to death. I buried my fear of flying and went to meet him.
He had told me that he was tall and so I wore my tallest shoes.
<smile> He had promised to hug me, no matter what and I did not wish
to be too short to reach my arms round his neck. When I opened the
door, I still had to look up. <grin> My first thought was, "Ohhhh,
how tall!" And then I saw the yellow rose that he was offering....and
as I took it, and reached my arms up, he caught me to him.........
and in that embrace, our fears dissolved.
We found that we were the same in person as in our words and we
were instantly comfortable with each other. We talked until our
voices were raw. At the end of the visit, it was decided that I would
move to his state to be near him, so that we could see how far this
path we had started on would go. I returned to his city and rented an
apartment not too far from where he lives.
We had worried about physical appearance a bit. Not that we truly
cared, but I am older than he and he has a disability. So, though I
did not worry what he might look like because it mattered not the
shell that held the heart and mind that I had come to love, I did
worry that he might not find me what he would be attracted to. He
worried that I might not be attracted to him. False modesty on his
part, I assure you. He is truly gorgeous. <smile>
And though you have still heard us both speaking of being lonely
during this time, it has been because we are lonelier than ever
before. <smile> This missing of what we had for such a short time
and yearning and longing to have it again, has taken a terrible toll
on us. I almost wish I had moved to be near him without ever having
met him in person. <laugh>
And so, on Friday of this week, two people who have been lonely,
will be lonely no more. I will not be much on this group and I shall
miss so many of you. But, I wish to concentrate my time and my energy
on learning to be happy and caring for someone that is caring of me.
And I will be working again, so time will become short. I think that
you will forgive my absence. I will try not to monopolize all of his
time, so that you will still have him with you. <smile>
I had left Texas in times past and when I returned the last time,
I thought never to leave again. Never say "never. <grin> I will shut
this pc down on Wednesday night and I do not know when I will be
online again. But, on Friday evening, I will be in my new home in
Shreveport. And I will be with the man for whom I would leave
Texas.....Michael. A very happy....... Jae

--
And when I place my hand in yours....
Will you walk with me....

Luvz2laf

Aug 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/2/98
Well said Jae......
I am so glad you posted this....but you know that....I am so happy for you both
and wish you much happiness and great joy and as much love as the both of you
can handle in this lifetime and beyond.
I believe that you both are soulmates..... and no matter what the future holds
for you both you will see things through, together, and .....yes.... I believe
that you will live "happily ever after".
Jae....be careful driving to Louisianna.......Michael...as a friend of mine is
fond of saying......Patience, Lad....
just a few more days until forever....
love you both
hugs and great big kisses on your cheeks
jan

Jae...remember the brie for Dogg...... =o)

A balanced diet is holding a cookie in both hands.

LadyJ3

Aug 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/2/98

Luvz2laf wrote:

Now Jan, will you stop bugging me!!! (she'll be bugging me to post
"updates"<laugh>) I'm bringing fresh vegetables!! Two coolers full. I always
have Brie. <smile> Michael assures me they have fresh vegetables in his city, but
I don't think they're grown in Texas. <grin>

CPOE

Aug 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/2/98
Hello Lady,

You've touched so many of us as has Michael. It almost sounds like a
fairy tale. The beginnings of a relationship can often times be scary.
Candy and I for instance, in love, knowing one another, me 20, her 19, and
both virgins. Both deeply in love and fearful we may not please the other
one on that honeymoon night. Well I'm here to tell you she rocked my
world.

You have to take that first step unless you want to stand still or fall
backwards. I'm glad you took that first step.

From my heart I wish you two the very very best of luck. Take care of
that sailor.

Love
Eddie (Chief)

Luvz2laf

Aug 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/2/98

The sweet tempered and shy Lady Jae said....

> Now Jan, will you stop bugging me!!! (she'll be bugging me to post
>"updates"<laugh>) I'm bringing fresh vegetables!! Two coolers full. I
>always
>have Brie. <smile> Michael assures me they have fresh vegetables in his
>city, but
>I don't think they're grown in Texas. <grin>

Well I am glad I got my way and you posted this!
UPDATES?.....You already know that's true enough...when do you set up that
computer again?
Me along with about a gazillion others here would love to be flies on the wall
when you two set eyes on each other again.......
Sweet story and a happy ending......
Enough with the vegetables already!!!!!!
Michael....we will need dirt for a garden for her first thing......

love, hugs and Peace
jan

LadyJ3

Aug 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/2/98

CPOE wrote:

Thank you, Chief.......and if I could write a fairy tale for all of us,
you know that it would end......"And they all lived happily ever after...."
<smile> But, life is real and there are ups and downs, but they are easier
when shared. I have shared my pain here and I wish to share my joy, also. I
will certainly put taking care of that sailor at the top of my list.
<smile> Hugs, Jae

Mike Taylor

Aug 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/2/98

LadyJ3 <Lad...@pop3.concentric.net> wrote in message
> And so, on Friday of this week, two people who have been lonely,
>will be lonely no more. I will not be much on this group and I shall
>miss so many of you. But, I wish to concentrate my time and my energy
>on learning to be happy and caring for someone that is caring of me.
>And I will be working again, so time will become short. I think that
>you will forgive my absence. I will try not to monopolize all of his
>time, so that you will still have him with you. <smile>
> I had left Texas in times past and when I returned the last time,
>I thought never to leave again. Never say "never. <grin> I will shut
>this pc down on Wednesday night and I do not know when I will be
>online again. But, on Friday evening, I will be in my new home in
>Shreveport. And I will be with the man for whom I would leave
>Texas.....Michael. A very happy....... Jae

That's great to hear, LadyJ! Escape successful!

Take care and congratulations,
Mike

LadyJ3

Aug 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/2/98

Mike Taylor wrote:

> That's great to hear, LadyJ! Escape successful!
>
> Take care and congratulations,
> Mike

Thanks Mike. It makes a big difference when you have lots of help
making your escape. Thanks for yours, Hugs, Jae

LadyJ3

Aug 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/2/98

Luvz2laf wrote:

I've got a truck, Jan. I'm bringing good Texas growing dirt with me.
<laugh> Hugs, Jae

mhoog70

Aug 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/2/98
You lucky Jae you...you lucky Jae.

Hoogy

Mike Taylor wrote in message <35c4e...@news.one.net>...

>LadyJ3 <Lad...@pop3.concentric.net> wrote in message

>> And so, on Friday of this week, two people who have been lonely,
>>will be lonely no more. I will not be much on this group and I shall
>>miss so many of you. But, I wish to concentrate my time and my energy
>>on learning to be happy and caring for someone that is caring of me.
>>And I will be working again, so time will become short. I think that
>>you will forgive my absence. I will try not to monopolize all of his
>>time, so that you will still have him with you. <smile>
>> I had left Texas in times past and when I returned the last time,
>>I thought never to leave again. Never say "never. <grin> I will shut
>>this pc down on Wednesday night and I do not know when I will be
>>online again. But, on Friday evening, I will be in my new home in
>>Shreveport. And I will be with the man for whom I would leave
>>Texas.....Michael. A very happy....... Jae

LadyJ3

Aug 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/2/98
And Hoogy, don't think I don't know it. <smile> Hugs, Jae

Bill

Aug 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/2/98
to LadyJ3
LadyJ3 wrote:

As I said before Jae. I hope you two the best. I hope that you will
visit from time to time( We need your words) I'm sure all will work out.
Bye for now...Not good-bye.

Bill
mrb...@albedo.net

LadyJ3

Aug 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/2/98

Reg Riddle wrote:

> Dear Jae....
>
> If you only knew how much I wish you happiness....and I do admire you for
> daring to reach. Jae, you and Michael have come a long way from where you were
> when I first accidentally stumbled into the group. You are both two of the
> best friends I've ever known...especially not to have met you. :-)
> Now you take care and get back here as soon as you can....not because you're
> lonely..but because you have friends here and it's fun playing around and
> kidding with you...and I'm going to miss you !! ...and damn, I think I'm going
> to cry. Am I goofy or what ?!
>
> Hugs,
> Gina
>
> "I wish you peace when the cold winds blow,
> warmed by the fire's glow.
> I wish you comfort in the lonely time
> and arms to hold when you ache inside.
>
> I wish you hope when things are goin' bad,
> kind words when times are sad.
> I wish you shelter from the raging wind,
> cooling waters at the fever's end.
>
> I wish you peace when times are hard,
> the light to guide you through the dark.
> And when storms are high and your, your dreams are low
> I wish you the strength to let love grow on,
> I wish you the strength to let love flow.
>
> I wish you peace when times are hard,
> the light to guide you through the dark.
> And when storms are high and your, your dreams are low,
> I wish you the strength to let love grow on,
> I wish you the strength to let love flow on."
> ---- Eagles
> I Wish You Peace

Thank you, Gina, and you know I'm going to be missing you, too. The fun we've
had in the wee hours chasing each other round this group and laughing is something
I treasure. Never do know, darlin', we just might meet, yet. There's planes fly
from Georgia to Louisianna. <smile> Hugs, Jae

LadyJ3

Aug 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/2/98

Bill wrote:

Bill, your poetry drew me here once before......perhaps your poetry will
draw me here again.....a time when words of happiness spring from your
heart.....my wish for you......Hugs, Jae

Mike Taylor

Aug 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/2/98
Speaking of escapes, last time I was frequenting this newsgroup, there was a
woman named Denise who posted her daily feelings in prose form. They were
always quite touching. I'm guessing she's found a way out much like LadyJ
has?

I don't mean to speak of this NG as though it were a prison...really it's our
inner feelings that incarcerate our happiness

But I'm curious to know if she still posts or not.

Mike
http://w3.one.net/~lonewolf/

LadyJ3 <Lad...@pop3.concentric.net> wrote in message

35C4DB27...@pop3.concentric.net...

LadyJ3

Aug 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/2/98
Haven't heard from her Mike. I just posted about it, too, and there was a post
last week about her. She didn't tell us she was going to be leaving. That's why
it's a bit worrisome. Hugs, Jae

Reg Riddle

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98

Luvz2laf

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
AHEM......
Excuse me Jae and Hoogy....but Michael is pretty damned Lucky his own sweet
self, and I am sure he would be the first to admit that....
wouldnt you Michael?

lol
hugs jan

In a discussion between two star struck women it was said......

>And Hoogy, don't think I don't know it. <smile> Hugs, Jae
>

>mhoog70 wrote:
>
>> You lucky Jae you...you lucky Jae.
>>
>> Hoogy

Maria

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
to LadyJ3
Hi Jae

I am SO happy for you and Michael! I can't think of two people who
deserve happiness more than the both of you! I want to say that I will
miss you terribly in the NG -- well, I WILL miss you -- but NOT seeing you
there so much will be a sign that you have indeed changed your life for
the better! Hahaha!

I haven't been able to post in the NG much lately; writing my feelings
right now seems to be too big a mental endeavor for me. But I do read
most of the posts because I enjoy the people so much. I am in a paralyzed
state of mind these days; I have sunk into a deep depression that has, in
part, been due to my son's impaired mental state and not having anyone
here to help me share in the daily burden of it. I tend to be a sponge
for the people I care about, and lately I feel like it is MY brain that
needs recharging! But I am intelligent enough to know that my depression
is situational, so I am going to try to just roll with the flow until
things get better, and I am sure they will, as he has come so far already!

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you and
your journey into the next stage of your life. I remember what it was
like to live with someone who is your soulmate, so my joy for you is
EXTREME!!! Since I joined this caring and supportive group, you in
particular have been a big help to me; sometimes unwittingly, I am sure!
I thank you!

Please give Michael a big hug for me!

Love
Maria

"It's a brand new feeling, that I never ever had before
And I'm always amazed at the range of my emotions
'Cos it's a brand new feeling, gettin' better every minute of the day
And it fits me like a glove and it rocks me like a boat on the ocean."
- Rick Springfield

TO REPLY: Please remove the "remove_" in my email address!

LadyJ3 wrote:

> Another chapter in my "story". ...<snip>

Maria

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
to LadyJ3
Hi Jae

Love
Maria

LadyJ3 wrote:

> Another chapter in my "story". ...<snip>

Maria

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
to LadyJ3
Hi Jae

Love
Maria

LadyJ3 wrote:

> Another chapter in my "story". ...<snip>

Maria

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
to LadyJ3
Hi Jae

Love
Maria

LadyJ3 wrote:

> Another chapter in my "story". ...<snip>

Maria

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
Sorry about all those repeat messages!

I was getting a bunch of "can't send" messages; Arrggh, they lied!

Maria

LadyJ3

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98

Maria wrote:

Thank you, Maria. I will miss you, too. You rocked on this group and
gave us all some good times. Good times will be yours again, too, darlin'.
Mike is getting better and will get better, yet. But, he's not the only one
suffered trauma, darlin'. You're a bit shell shocked right now. Some of us
do what we have to do and go through the whole situation seeming to be tough
as nails and when it's just about over, we fold. <smile> You gave it all you
had and there's not a whole lot left over for yourself. Take it easy and do
some things that you enjoy. You'll come back. You always do, right? Hang
in there. Hugs, Jae

Paula

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98

LadyJ3 <Lad...@pop3.concentric.net> napisał(a) w artykule
<35C4DB27...@pop3.concentric.net>...
Dear Jae,

How do you do that, that your words brought tears to my eyes again?
<smile>. You wrote it so touching and beautifully...
You both with Michael found *your treasure* <smile>, and I'm so happy for
both of you!
I will miss you here very much but will be so happy for you! (okay, I know
I told you that before but it's just any time I think about the two of you,
I want to repeat how happy for you I am)
Thank you very much dear Jae for your words, for your help ( and you really
helped me <smile>) for wonderful posts about Texas and for being here.
Drop in from time to time and bring some of your happiness here okay?
<smile>.

Lots of love and big hugs for you and for Michael too.
Paula.

--
..."everybody wants an answer - everybody needs a friend
we all need a shinin' star on which we can depend

LadyJ3

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98

Paula wrote:

> Dear Jae,
>
> How do you do that, that your words brought tears to my eyes again?
> <smile>. You wrote it so touching and beautifully...
> You both with Michael found *your treasure* <smile>, and I'm so happy for
> both of you!
> I will miss you here very much but will be so happy for you! (okay, I know
> I told you that before but it's just any time I think about the two of you,
> I want to repeat how happy for you I am)
> Thank you very much dear Jae for your words, for your help ( and you really
> helped me <smile>) for wonderful posts about Texas and for being here.
> Drop in from time to time and bring some of your happiness here okay?
> <smile>.
>
> Lots of love and big hugs for you and for Michael too.
> Paula.
>
> --
> ..."everybody wants an answer - everybody needs a friend
> we all need a shinin' star on which we can depend
> so tonight we're gonna wish upon a star
> we never wished upon before..."
> Bryan Adams

Thank you, darlin'. <smile> And we won't be losing touch. You've got
lots of learning about Texas to do yet!! <grin> Hugs and love, Jae

Maddogg

Aug 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/4/98

Dear, sweet Jae,

That was such a sweet story, and it sounds like it has a happy
ending. My congratulations, to you and Michael, and I really wish
you all the best...

Hey... wait a minute.... Michael?.... shit, that's me... what a
lucky dogg I am....

I am not making light, but you said it all, so beautifully. But you
left out some things, didn't you? Hmmm? You forgot to tell them,
what a beautiful woman I saw standing before me... and how the
sight of you, made me throw my cane across the room, and take
you in my arms...

I'm glad you didn't run...

warm, tender, hugs,
Michael

And to all my sweet friends, that have offered your kind, heartfelt,
congratulations, and your sincere best wishes, I would like to say
a very sincere, Thank you... and tell you all, how much you have
meant to me, and how much I appreciate your kindness, caring,
and understanding, in my journey from my pain, darkness, self-
isolation, and loneliness... I will never forget you, my dear, sweet
friends...

sincerely,
Michael

"...Here, making each day of the year
Changing my life with the wave of her hand
Nobody can deny that there's something there

There, running my hands through her hair
Both of us thinking how good it can be
Someone is speaking, but she doesn't know he's there

I want her everywhere, and if she's beside me
I know I need never care
But to love her is to need her everywhere
Knowing that love is to share

Each one believing that love never dies
Watching her eyes and hoping I'm always there.."
Lennon and McCartney

In article <35C4DB27...@pop3.concentric.net>, LadyJ3

jon

Aug 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/4/98
Congratulations Jae and Michael...and thanks for sharing that story.

hugs to you both,

jon

Caroline

Aug 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/4/98
>Sorry about all those repeat messages!
>
>I was getting a bunch of "can't send" messages; Arrggh, they lied!
>
>Maria

Hi Maria,

I think a higher power sent you those messages. So Jae will be even more
busy hugging Michael than she already planned (in each message you asked her
to give him a hug, didn't you?)
<big smile>
Some Lady we know is gonna be awfully busy the next couple a weeks :-))
:-D :-o

Michael and Jae, this post would be rejected because of its length, if I
tried to tell you how much I wish for you both a happy life together.
Wishing you strength for all the painful moments that will come. And also,
wishing you much joy and lots of smiles in all those other moments, good
luck my friends and be happy.

Loving hugs, and God bless you,
Caroline

Luvz2laf

Aug 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/4/98
John.....
That poetry is beautiful....
Thanx for sharing.....Frost? you say?

"The reason children are so happy is now obvious to me:
they don't have any children of their own to worry about."

LadyJ3

Aug 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/4/98

jon wrote:

> Congratulations Jae and Michael...and thanks for sharing that story.
>
> hugs to you both,
>
> jon

Thank you, Jon. And thank you for all the very insightful help you've
given me. Hugs, Jae

LadyJ3

Aug 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/4/98

Caroline wrote:

Thank you, Caro. And thank you for all your loving help and the heart that
listened and the advice that you gave. Loving hugs and many, many
blessings......Jae

LadyJ3

Aug 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/4/98

John Smith wrote:

> Really as I said in my other post - I just read about it
> yesterday! Im still flabbergasted. I guess my post of e.e. cummings
> "anyone lived in a pretty how town" was another strange coincidence.
> An iconoclastic couple who found eternal love - that sounds about
> right.
>
> when by now and tree by leaf
> she laughed his joy she cried his grief
> bird by snow and stir by still
> anyone's any was all to her
>
> Anyway the last lines of Frost's poem seem very appropriate :
>
> Two such as you with such a master speed
> Cannot be parted not be swept away.
> From one another once you are agreed
> That life is only life forevermore
> Together wing to wing and oar to oar.

<still laughing> I told you that I liked those poems. Hugs, Jae

ric

Aug 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/15/98
chills, goosebumps, cheers... but you know all that ;)

it's a story (or chapter) worth repeating again and again... so...