what NOT to take?

nospam

Aug 10, 2008, 9:06:14 PM8/10/08
Is there a comprehensive list anywhere that tells you what vitamins,
supplements, medicines, and foods NOT to take/eat concerning HCV?

thanks

TX-012

Aug 10, 2008, 9:26:23 PM8/10/08

I've never seen one. Are you talking about "while on combo treatment"
or simply "if you have [untreated] hep c?"

nospam

Aug 10, 2008, 9:37:39 PM8/10/08
In article
<a9b0514a-28ee-435e...@o40g2000prn.googlegroups.com>,
with...@aol.com says...

>I've never seen one. Are you talking about "while on combo treatment"
>or simply "if you have [untreated] hep c?"

Any general list would be great.

Waterspider

Aug 11, 2008, 1:36:46 AM8/11/08

"nospam" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote > >

#1 - Alcohol

Waterspider

Aug 11, 2008, 1:38:19 AM8/11/08

#2 - Snake oil

dBo

Aug 11, 2008, 8:31:45 PM8/11/08
Best advice, "Google it", and use your head. Keep your focus on
legitimate medical and peer reviewed informaton and websites, not
"Snake Oil Sellers", as WS points out

There's lot of information out there, just search for it. You can also
search this newsgroup by keyword or phrase.
Having been thru the Brain Fog of TX, I'll cut you a little slack here
and skip the "No Brainer" suggestions, since being on TX is clearly a
"no-brain-left" situation sometimes, haha! God knows once Brain Fog
set in for good most of the time I was unable to "see" the simplest
thing like "the reason the car door won't open is because it is
locked...try the key..."... ;)

Anything you put into your body goes thru your liver. The idea is to
give your liver a break, I suppose whether you are treating or not
treating, you need to love your liver...don't eat, inhale or otherwise
ingest things that will put additional strain on your liver.

here is a good starter link, nutrition-wise...
http://janis7hepc.com/Nutrition/hepatitis_c_diet.htm

Cactus Jammies

Aug 11, 2008, 9:57:19 PM8/11/08

"dBo" <friz...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Best advice, "Google it", and use your head. Keep your focus on
> legitimate medical and peer reviewed informaton
edit,

> here is a good starter link, nutrition-wise...
> http://janis7hepc.com/Nutrition/hepatitis_c_diet.htm

Hi dBo
I don't know what qualifications the person who drew the diet in the Janis
pages has, but I know the qualifications of the people responsible for this
one:

http://www.the-gi-diet.org/lowgifoods/?gclid=CJ2nubmXh5UCFSBciAodcVvO1w

There are some similarities with the Janis one, and some shocking
differences. The Janis diet struck me as rather New-Age ish with out real
reason but for hyperbole.

Artichokes, Beets, Garlic (the best liver foods according many sources)

cactus jammies ~~~~~~~~~

dBo

Aug 12, 2008, 6:47:41 AM8/12/08
cool CJ, thx. Good point, thank for pointing out the one is from
qulaitifed people.

I don't go crazy over it these days but know enough to avoid fats, too
much red meat, fried foods and so on. Fruits & Veggie are good for us,
regardless of hep c or not and so on....

My daugher in law is a registered dietician so I have a tendency to
forward questions to her when I have them. She is not a qualitied Hep
C professional, but she sure knows her stuff about diets, what is good
for your body, and what is not good for your body.... :)

Cactus Jammies

Aug 12, 2008, 9:35:32 AM8/12/08

"dBo" <friz...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Speaking of preventing further degradation of the liver, you may find this
very interesting.

July 13, 2007

HCV and the Body's Most Important Antioxidant

http://www.hepatitis-central.com/mt/archives/2007/07/hcv_and_the_bod.html

Chant: Glutathione!

also, another article by Ms. Palmer (google her name and see what you get)

http://www.hepatitis-central.com/mt/archives/2007/10/can_carbs_harm.html

oh isn't this fun?!

cactus jammies ~~~~~~~~

TX-012

Aug 12, 2008, 1:30:02 PM8/12/08
On Aug 12, 6:35 am, "Cactus Jammies"
<cactusjamm...@retinal.circus.orb> wrote:
> "dBo" <frizzy...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> news:a681b4d8-2b7d-4d92...@m44g2000hsc.googlegroups.com...> cool CJ, thx. Good point, thank for pointing out the one is from
> > qulaitifed people.
>
> > I don't go crazy over it these days but know enough to avoid fats, too
> > much red meat, fried foods and so on. Fruits & Veggie are good for us,
> > regardless of hep c or not and so on....
>
> > My daugher in law is a registered dietician so I have a tendency to
> > forward questions to her when I have them. She is not a qualitied Hep
> > C professional, but she sure knows her stuff about diets, what is good
> > for your body, and what is not good for your body.... :)
>
> Speaking of preventing further degradation of the liver, you may find this
> very interesting.
>
>       July 13, 2007
>
> HCV and the Body's Most Important Antioxidant
>
> http://www.hepatitis-central.com/mt/archives/2007/07/hcv_and_the_bod....

> Chant: Glutathione!
>
> also, another article by Ms. Palmer (google her name and see what you get)
>
> http://www.hepatitis-central.com/mt/archives/2007/10/can_carbs_harm.html
>
> oh isn't this fun?!
>
> cactus jammies ~~~~~~~~

Yeah--Melissa Palmer is very good, very useful and has a number of
videos on youtube (and maybe elsewhere) re: hep c...esp hep c and
women, but of course a lot of the information is gender neutral...

dBo

Aug 12, 2008, 6:01:06 PM8/12/08
Cool, thanks! I couldn't find all my links the other night when I
first tried to reply. Like everything else, every time I make the
effort to get myself more organized, I just seem to lose more things!
haha! ;)

Lamentally, as well intentioned as I am about diet etc, I find myself
reading and researching and trying to be a Good Girl, and always end
up saying "see sausage IS good for me!" then look at the Blood
Pressure/Low Sodium list and changing the toon to "NOT!" sigh!

So in the end, in order to making myself stark raving crazy, I go with
my "usual" maintain a variety and use moderation in all.

At least I have finally accepted that Cheezits are NOT the "Breakfast
of Champions"...

Honorable Professeur Von TwoSteps OA

Aug 13, 2008, 10:26:55 AM8/13/08
From : "Waterspider" <nos...@all.com>

>"nospam" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote > >
>> Any general list would be great.
>>

>#1 - Alcohol

Sayz who huh ?

Crikey waterspout, are you courageously advocating for a no.booze
hcv experience huh ? Now that's ballzy

--
HPVTS.OA.Tinfoil Sombrero
God.Bless AUK for my award

Waterspider

Aug 13, 2008, 3:39:29 PM8/13/08

"Honorable Professeur Von TwoSteps OA" <.@.> wrote in message
> From : "Waterspider" <nos...@all.com>

>>"nospam" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote > >
>>> Any general list would be great.
>>>
>>#1 - Alcohol
>
> Sayz who huh ?
> Crikey waterspout, are you courageously advocating for a no.booze
> hcv experience huh ? Now that's ballzy

I though it was a novel idea. Who knows, someone may even give it a try.

Honorable Professeur Von TwoSteps OA

Aug 14, 2008, 8:09:46 AM8/14/08
From : "Waterspider" <nos...@all.com>

lol. about as novel as the missionary position.. you Canadians are so causally weird.. yo!

Cactus Jammies

Aug 14, 2008, 10:51:38 AM8/14/08

"dBo" <friz...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Best advice, "Google it", and use your head. (edit)

> here is a good starter link, nutrition-wise...
> http://janis7hepc.com/Nutrition/hepatitis_c_diet.htm

Well, the janis7hepc.com nutrition guide is wrong about coffee. that was
old science and a guess, not a fact.

cactus jammies

Waterspider

Aug 14, 2008, 2:05:52 PM8/14/08

"Honorable Professeur Von TwoSteps OA" <.@.> wrote in message
Perhaps you missed the underlying sarcasm directed at those who maintain
that "drinking a few beer is okay," which of course translates into a
sixpack every evening. Casually weird is a compliment; unfortunately some of
us are terminally stupid. <sigh>

Yura

Aug 21, 2008, 10:47:45 PM8/21/08

Hasn't anyone killed you yet? GOD WHATS wrong with them? You're SUCH a
waste of air.