That 2%

1 view

ant...@hotmail.com

Nov 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/6/97

> For 98 per cent of the people who go to the ashram nothing really
> bad happens. They just get a mild spiritual boost in their lives and
> that is it. However, it is like cocaine. Two per cent of the people
> really flip out and it becomes their whole life. The SYDA yoga
> organization is very good at spotting them and sucking them in.

And it is that 2% that has suffered such heavy and horrible damage! It's
for that 2% that has shown such courage in mounting the LSY website and
this newsgroup.

"Nothing really bad happens." Look deeper: Total dependence on a "magic
being;" spending money like water; hours of voluntary slavery; abuse and
intimidation of the worst kinds going on behind the scenes; gm saying,
"It's always you. [your fault] It is!" "You'll never get rid of your
samskaras until you're fully realized." So that means *nobody* will be
realized. How is that supposed to make one feel? Never question
authority. Never think for yourself. "Trust your experiences."
Experiences can be engineered. Just think about it: *NOT* ALL EXPERIENCES
CAN BE TRUSTED. Even Hinduism knows it, how many times have your heard of
the simile of the snake in the rope? "Trust your experiences" is
absolutely pernicious. Nothing really bad happens? Think again!

blackscorpio

Nov 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/6/97

I would still contend that there are 98 per cent of the people who use SYDA
yoga never have anything really bad happen to them. It does not mean that
they had anything good happen either. For many middle-class North Americans
who go into SYDA yoga, SYDA yoga just lets them fool themself that they are
doing something spiritual. However, it is no where near as bad as what can
happen, especially when compared to some of the other groups, such as
Scientology.

As far as contributing to a corrupt organization - that is a fact of life.
Many of the clothes that you where likely have some child labour in them.
That does not mean that the clothes themselves do you harm. You pay taxes.
It is quite likely that the government you pay taxes to has some corruption.

Stuart Resnick

Nov 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/7/97
to blackscorpio

blackscorpio wrote:
> As far as contributing to a corrupt organization - that is a fact of life.
> Many of the clothes that you where likely have some child labour in them.
> That does not mean that the clothes themselves do you harm. You pay taxes.
> It is quite likely that the government you pay taxes to has some corruption.

If I buy clothes made by slave labor, it wouldn't do *me* any harm. But
it would do others harm, so I should do what I can to avoid it. When the
government I pay taxes to uses them to oppress someone, I do what I can
to expose & stop it. Likewise, those who support SYDA have every reason
to be concerned if their money & efforts are being used improperly.

Stuart
sres...@slip.net
http://www.slip.net/~sresnick/mypage.shtml

blackscorpio

Nov 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/8/97

Stuart Resnick wrote in message <3463D0...@slip.net>...

You are right but the original context of the discussion was that someone
was worried about their relative who was going into SYDA yoga. Therefore
from that perspective I think that one can say that there is only a small
chance that something really bad would happen to him.