I want migraine aurae without headaches.

1 view

Green Xenon [Radium]

Oct 12, 2007, 8:17:33 PM10/12/07
Hi:

I would like to experience a migraine aura as long as there is nothing
but the aura and the aura is only temporary [approximately 15 minutes to
6 hours]. I've read about the aura and find it both enjoyable and scary
at the same time. I like the visual symptoms, the dizziness, the
numbness, etc.

I certainly would *not* want to have the headache phase or the
post-headache* phase of the migraine. I just want the aura.

Unfortunately for me, I am a migraine patient who does not experience
any aura. Just the torture of the headache. I hate those aches and pains
-- the common triggers being:

1. Oversleeping
2. Caffeine withdrawal
3. Sudden standing after a long period of lying down.
4. Sudden and intense physical exertion after a long period of lying down.

This is one reason why I so yearn to experience just the aura without
the headache. I've read about the aura symptoms, and I find them
psychedelic and enjoyable. But the aura is something I can only imagine.
I have to deal with the torment of the headaches. I just want to say,
those who experience the psychedelic migraine aura [*without* headache,
or ANY pain for that matter] that I describe below, are really blessed
with an innate hallucinogen without the side effects.

*After a migraine headache, many patients experience tension headaches.

NOTE: sensitivity to light/sound is *not* part of the aura -- only the
prodrome. I only want the aura and no other part of the migraine.

AFAIK, the aura is due to the intense vasoconstriction. The headache
OTOH, is due to vasodilation. Then the tension headache is an
after-effect of a migraine headache.

The vasoconstriction in "migraine with aura" is more intense and
longer-lasting then in the "migraine without aura." This is probably why
the former causes an aura while the latter does not.

In addition -- prior to and during vasoconstriction -- the blood
entering the brain is hyperoxygenated. The excess oxygen may play a role
in causing the brain's blood vessels to go into spasm and narrow. In
patients with "migraine aura", the brain's blood contains significantly
more oxygen than patients who experience "migraine without aura"

Here are the affects of my favorite painless migraine aura caused by
vasoconstriction solely in the brain and nowhere else [not even the eyes
or the ears]:

1. Unilateral visual symptoms which affect only the left half of the
left eye in which the more left you go [in that left half of the left
eye] the more the vision is affected, while the right eye -- as well as
the right half of the left eye -- have their vision intact and totally
unaffected. The left half of the left eye experiences the following
symptoms [the extreme left of the left half of the left eye is affected
the most severely by the symptoms]:

A. Blurry vision

B. Image distortion [e.g. 2-D images appear 3-D]

C. Dysmetropsia, i.e., macropsia, micropsia, pelopsia and teleopsia
(objects appearing larger, smaller, nearer and further away, respectively)

D. Tilted vision, inverted vision and other forms of illusory rotation

E. Diplopia (double vision)

F. Polyopia (vision of multiple images)

G. Visual perseveration, i.e., prolonged afterimages, palinopsia (the
persistence or reappearance of an image of a previously viewed object),
illusory visual spread (the illusory extension of the visual perception
over an area greater than that which the stimulus-object would be
expected to excite)

H. Cinematographic vision (visual illusion whereby the normal perception
of moving objects is replaced by seeing a series of "stills" as in a
film run too slowly)

I. Corona phenomenon (extra-contour around objects)

J. Metamorphopsia (distorted vision)

K. Facial metamorphopsia (distorted vision of human faces),

L. Mosaic illusion (fracture of the visual image into pieces dovetailed
together as in a mosaic),

M. Autokinesis (illusion of apparent movement of stationary objects)

N. Hallucinations of blobs, amorphous shapes, blurry patterns, watery
patterns with no definite design

O. Hallucinations of herringbone patterns, zig-zags, polygons, all
angular figures without curves or rounded corners, crosses

P. Hallucinations of circles, ellipses, parabolas, hyperbolas, sine wave
patterns, fingerprint whorls, spheres, balls, scribbling

Q. Hallucinations of spider webs, nets, unsymmetrical lattices and
filigrees, veins

R. Hallucinations of lattices, gratings, grids, screens, fretwork,
checkerboard, honeycombs

S. Hallucinations of tunnels, funnels, alleys, cones, vessels, pits,
corridors

T. Hallucinations of spirals, pinwheels, springs

U. Hallucinations of kaleidoscopes, mandalas, symmetrical snowflakes,
lacework, mosaics, symmetrical flowerlike patterns.

V. Hallucinations of any recognizable imagery such as faces, people,
landscapes, panoramic vistas, animals, inanimate objects, cartoons

W. Upside-down vision

X. Blindness [*without* any blackness, darkening or dimming of vision]
[Now for those of you who think blindness is the same thing as seeing
blackness when you close your eyes - you are completely wrong. Blindness
is like trying to see and there is nothing registering with the brain.
You don't see blackness... you don't 'see' anything. The sense to see is
gone.]

Y. Body image disturbance -- Alice in Wonderland syndrome -- macro- and
microsomatognosia, out-of-body experiences or felt presences

Z. Achromatopsia (loss of color vision), chromatopsia (distortion of
color vision), and prosopagnosia (agnosia for faces).

In addition there are also visual distortions, visual hallucinations,
and visual illusions that alter the sense of balance even if the organs
of balance and their associated brain-regions aren't directly affected
by any ailment.

2. Non-visual symptoms affecting only the left side of the body [and
getting more extreme at the extremities (e.g. finger and toes) and
milder at the center]. (To make the symptoms easier to describe, let’s
draw a line two divide the body into left and right -- the further you
go to left, the more extreme the symptoms will be. If you are on the
left, then the closer you go the line [i.e. the center] the milder the
symptoms will be). Here are the symptoms:

A. Paralysis
B. Numbness
C. Painless sensation [tactile hallucination] of gentle coldness
resembling that caused by TRPM8-receptor stimulation [caused by
vasoconstriction in the part(s) of the brain the interpret signal from
TRPM8-receptors.
D. Tactile hallucinations of movement
E. Impaired coordination
F. Involuntary movements
G. Body image disturbance -- Alice in Wonderland syndrome -- macro- and
microsomatognosia, out-of-body experiences or felt presences

http://users.rcn.com/jkimball.ma.ultranet/BiologyPages/P/Pain.html

"One, designated TRPM8, is a channel that admits Ca2+ and Na+ in
response to moderate cold (<28°C) or menthol (the ingredient that gives
mint its "cool" touch and taste)."

3. Other symptoms:

A. Disturbance in the sense of balance in terms of the left inner ear --
i.e. the brain's reception of balance signals from the left inner ear is
altered due to vasoconstriction in the part[s] of the brain concerned
with balance from the left inner ear. Symptoms are dizziness, impaired
balance, loss of balance, vertigo, as well as random hallucinations
involving the sense of balance. Hearing and digestive functions are
totally unaffected. No nausea or vomiting.

B. Body image disturbance -- Alice in Wonderland syndrome -- macro- and
microsomatognosia, out-of-body experiences or felt presences.

C. Speeding up of time perception -- "time flies abnormally fast" --
opposite of marijuana's affect on sense of time.

D. Depersonalization

E. Derealization

F. Aphasia -- motor and sensory

G. Dysarthria

H. Stuttering

I. Involuntary vocalizations

J. Paralysis of speech muscles

K. Global aphasia

L. Broca's aphasia

M. Wernicke's aphasia

N. Anomic aphasia

O. Reading disturbances

P. Writing disturbances

Q. Paramnesias [such as Déjà vu and Jamais vu]

R. Forced Reminiscence -- dream-like states

S. Synesthesia involving senses of vision, balance, time, space, and
movement

T. Recurring dreams as migraine aura experiences

U. Migraine aura symptoms experienced whilst dreaming

V. Alteration of dreams as a direct result from cerebral vasoconstriction

W. Alterations in level of consciousness

X. Decrease in -- or loss of -- awareness [resembling absence or partial
seizure in which consciousness is retained but awareness is impaired]

Y. False memories; distortion of real memories; impaired short-term
memory; increased focus on long-term memories.

Z. Near-death experiences due to severe and prolonged cerebral vasospasm

Regards,

Radium

P.S. the symptoms described above are definitely terrifying but at the
same time, they can be SO enjoyable!

cust_support

Oct 13, 2007, 9:18:51 PM10/13/07
> Radium
>
> P.S. the symptoms described above are definitely terrifying but at the
> same time, they can be SO enjoyable!

That's the problem, Rad, you approach things like a thrill-seeker.
Adepts push the limits to test their knowledge. All these thrill-
seekers want an out-of-body experience, but can't have it, because
they're not ready for it. I don't want it, because like you, I have
had a few accidents that produced this "aura" you crave, and I don't
want to go there (again). When people confront serious physical
challenges, like a car accident, the body releases a cascade of
supportive hormones, above all adrenaline. Everybody thinks he knows
what adrenaline is. It's not red-face rage. I won't try to describe my
experience of it here, but I will tell you when it wears off, when the
"aura" wears off, you pay the price. Let me ask you: Are you ready to
hear voices? How about the voices of people you have known who have
died? Get into yoga, first, and get a grip.

Green Xenon [Radium]

Oct 13, 2007, 10:07:34 PM10/13/07
cust_support wrote:

Adrenaline and hormones have very little -- if any -- role in causing
OBEs. It’s all a result of what’s happening in the brain. When injured,
the brain cells are unable control their excitability. Hence they
because overexcited. This hyperexcitation causes hallucinations.

OBE is a type of hallucination. Nothing significant. It’s just a
hallucination that occurs in such a way that it feels like you are
leaving your body. It’s enjoyable because it’s so strange but it really
isn’t anything big compared to other hallucinations. Despite what
Hollywood would like you to think, OBEs are neither a sign of a
supernatural power or an indicator that some spiritual entity is calling
you.

There are accounts of OBEs in ER patients. Even in those considered
“brain dead”. There is still some amount of activity in the brain, this
activity is what accounts for the OBE the patients describe.

These patients may also describe a feeling of peace and happiness. This
is party due to the release of endorphins that are released in extremely
stressful.

Remember, its all in the brain.

Now, because OBEs can be so scary and exciting, they cause the release
of adrenaline.

In the event that an OBE provides accurate info about what happened
outside the patient’s normal range of perception, it’s either just a
coincidence or people in the ER are discussing things that influence the
patient’s hallucinations.

It’s extremely important to note that if something seems
too-good-to-be-true [such as being able to sense beyond the normal range
of perception], it probably is.

John H.

Oct 14, 2007, 10:40:07 AM10/14/07
You might want to follow through of a Fenwick character, in Britain, Peter I
think. He came with an experiment: in ER rooms place various objects out of
direct sight around the room. If the patient claims to have had a OBE, see
if they recall these objects. A friend of mine quipped: Yeah, put this on
top of the ceiling fans: if you can read this you're dead.

Don't know if he went ahead with the experiment.

"Green Xenon [Radium]" <gluc...@excite.com> wrote in message

cust_support

Oct 14, 2007, 9:35:55 PM10/14/07
On Oct 14, 7:40 am, "John H." <bingb...@goaway.com.au> wrote:
> You might want to follow through of a Fenwick character, in Britain, Peter I
> think. He came with an experiment: in ER rooms place various objects out of
> direct sight around the room. If the patient claims to have had a OBE, see
> if they recall these objects. A friend of mine quipped: Yeah, put this on
> top of the ceiling fans: if you can read this you're dead.
>
> Don't know if he went ahead with the experiment.
>
> "Green Xenon [Radium]" <gluceg...@excite.com> wrote in messagenews:4711774f$0$32555$4c36...@roadrunner.com...
> > of perception], it probably is.- Hide quoted text -

Okay, I will be the one to say it: Suicidal.

Green Xenon [Radium]

Oct 15, 2007, 1:41:24 AM10/15/07
John H. wrote:

> You might want to follow through of a Fenwick character, in Britain, Peter I
> think. He came with an experiment: in ER rooms place various objects out of
> direct sight around the room. If the patient claims to have had a OBE, see
> if they recall these objects. A friend of mine quipped: Yeah, put this on
> top of the ceiling fans: if you can read this you're dead.
>
> Don't know if he went ahead with the experiment.

Did any of the patients see the objects that were placed out of their
direct sight? I doubt it.

Manuel Marino

Oct 15, 2007, 3:25:01 AM10/15/07
On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 18:35:55 -0700, cust_support
<brian_...@fastmail.fm> wrote:

>On Oct 14, 7:40 am, "John H." <bingb...@goaway.com.au> wrote:

>> > OBE is a type of hallucination. Nothing significant. It's just a
>> > hallucination that occurs in such a way that it feels like you are
>> > leaving your body. It's enjoyable because it's so strange but it really
>> > isn't anything big compared to other hallucinations. Despite what
>> > Hollywood would like you to think, OBEs are neither a sign of a
>> > supernatural power or an indicator that some spiritual entity is calling
>> > you.

I agree and I would like to add that all the techniques to induce OBEs
are clearly attempts to cause intense disorientation and harm to the
mind. As example the attempting to fall asleep without losing
consciousness, practically a passive form of sensory deprivation is a
technique where the brain tends to fill in the gaps when there is
nothing getting into the senses for some time.

It's all about mind. There are individuals who like when their mind
doesn't work properly, so use drugs or techniques like lack of sleep
to destroy themselves.

Don't play with yourself, be happy when everything works right. The
human body is a beautiful machine, why trying to destroy it?

--
Manuel Marino

My Weblog / Music, Arts, People, Ideas
http://www.manuelmarino.com

John H.

Oct 15, 2007, 8:28:02 AM10/15/07

"Green Xenon [Radium]" <gluc...@excite.com> wrote in message

Obviously I don't know but I'd like to see the experiment done. It would
settle the matter once and for all. I don't buy into spiritual stuff but I
don't buy into materialism either. To me the universe is just plain spooky
an no amount of science, at least in my lifetime, is going to change that.
This is the price one pays for reading Feyeraband!

Doubt is important science, it can also pave the way to dogmatism.

friendlytxtech

Oct 16, 2007, 10:34:23 PM10/16/07
Amen to that! I would give just about anything to have a body that worked
without pain...I don't need any added adventure :-)

Michelle

"Manuel Marino" <manuel...@marinosounds.com> wrote in message

Autymn D. C.

Oct 24, 2007, 6:56:49 AM10/24/07
On Oct 13, 7:07 pm, "Green Xenon [Radium]" <gluceg...@excite.com>
wrote:

> In the event that an OBE provides accurate info about what happened
> outside the patient's normal range of perception, it's either just a
> coincidence or people in the ER are discussing things that influence the
> patient's hallucinations.

You cannot prove these claims, yet their claims are proof alone and
already. The hospital patients had no familiarity with surgical tools
or operations, nor the locations of sundry items about the building,
and they were out cold, yet they could report them accurately.
Likewise for the near-death or on-death OBEs, indoors or outdoors.

The one experiment I heard of with hidden messages and OBEs was poorly
designed; the messages were in a recess near the ceiling or in a small
box in another room, none of which a person or ghost would or could
look at. The person is supposed to be above and a'looking down; the
wriht spot to put something is on the floor.

-Aut

Green Xenon [Radium]

Oct 24, 2007, 11:43:38 AM10/24/07

I'd love to think that OBEs allow us to see beyond the normal range of
perception. Unfortunately, this is not possible. OBEs are just another
hallucination. I wish they weren't but they are.

The patients could have heard doctors discussing things. These probably
influenced their hallucinations. The surgeons often discuss what items
to use and on what location of the body. Maybe these patients heard
doctors talking about the building. In the event that OBEs provide
accurate information about areas of the environment not within normal
human senses, that is because the patient probably had some subconscious
knowledge of the hospital, its locations, and its devices -- or heard
the doctors discussing about them while under anesthesia.

Try not to get your information from unreliable sources. The media tends
to sensationalize OBEs and other mysterious events as being paranormal.
In reality, there is a scientific explanation for them. We just don’t
have a sufficient understanding of the brain to find that explanation.
Sometime in the future, it most likely will be found, though. Maybe in
the next 20 to 50 years. Maybe later. The human brain is the most
complex entity in the universe, so far. It’s easier to understand the
most distant star, than the human brain.

When we don't understand something, it makes us feel better to just
label it as paranormal. Its human nature.

Neuroscientists still have a long way to go, in understanding the brain.
Just because today's equipment shows a patient to be "brain dead", does
not mean he/she really is. At some extremely small level, the brain is
still alive and working -- suspended animation perhaps -- however,
today's devices cannot detect such small brain activity. Hence it’s so
much easier just to say the patient is brain-dead. EEG-readers have a
limit to how small of a signal they can detect. The brain could still be
alive and functioning but the voltages of the EEGs rhythms are so low
that they are lost in the noise before present EEG-devices can detect
them. Hence the EEG appears flat.

circadia

Oct 29, 2007, 4:58:06 PM10/29/07
For what it's worth, to me a headache has always been a headache. Some have
been those tension aches usually on one temple or the other. Recently
though I've had numerous headaches upon waking up. They can be pretty bad,
certainly I don't know from aurae, and take some time to go away. I was
once told by a migrained friend that unless you feel like you want to die
from it, and sometimes upchuck, it probably isn't migraine. What I have
doesn't wake me up from the pain, but starts a second or two after I wake
up. At first I suspected I'd had too muich caffeine or not enough, the
evening or day before. But that doesn't work out. Someone suggested it's
important to know if the headaches wake you up or start after, but I don't
know why or what that means. I can't link these to any meds or changes in
anything so far. There have been whole-day bouts when I can't do a thing.
Motrin doesnt help. Someone else suggested it could be allergies, but I've
had those a long time and they never gave me headaches, I have meds for
them. All ideas considered.
Best, circadia

Autymn D. C.

Nov 29, 2007, 7:57:25 PM11/29/07
On Oct 24, 7:43 am, "Green Xenon [Radium]" <gluceg...@excite.com>
wrote:

> AutymnD. C. wrote:
> > On Oct 13, 7:07 pm, "Green Xenon [Radium]" <gluceg...@excite.com>
> > wrote:
>
> >>In the event that an OBE provides accurate info about what happened
> >>outside the patient's normal range of perception, it's either just a
> >>coincidence or people in the ER are discussing things that influence the
> >>patient's hallucinations.
> > You cannot prove these claims, yet their claims are proof alone and
> > already. The hospital patients had no familiarity with surgical tools
> > or operations, nor the locations of sundry items about the building,
> > and they were out cold, yet they could report them accurately.
> > Likewise for the near-death or on-death OBEs, indoors or outdoors.
> > The one experiment I heard of with hidden messages and OBEs was poorly
> > designed; the messages were in a recess near the ceiling or in a small
> > box in another room, none of which a person or ghost would or could
> > look at. The person is supposed to be above and a'looking down; the
> > wriht spot to put something is on the floor.
>
> I'd love to think that OBEs allow us to see beyond the normal range of
> perception. Unfortunately, this is not possible. OBEs are just another
> hallucination. I wish they weren't but they are.

Where's your proof?

> The patients could have heard doctors discussing things. These probably
> influenced their hallucinations. The surgeons often discuss what items
> to use and on what location of the body. Maybe these patients heard

If so, they would not be out--they would/should also often later
report their intense pain of surgery without anaisthesia.

> doctors talking about the building. In the event that OBEs provide
> accurate information about areas of the environment not within normal
> human senses, that is because the patient probably had some subconscious
> knowledge of the hospital, its locations, and its devices -- or heard
> the doctors discussing about them while under anesthesia.

They had not, liar. One of the visions was a pair of shoes on a
windowsill on another floor, which were there later.

> Try not to get your information from unreliable sources. The media tends

media tend
such as you

> When we don't understand something, it makes us feel better to just
> label it as paranormal. Its human nature.

There is already a'overwhelming and sufficiunt evidense for the
paranormal (bad mutt word--should be "juxtanormal"); it has nothing to
do with notunderstanding. Whereas you make up excuses against events
you know nothing about.

> Neuroscientists still have a long way to go, in understanding the brain.
> Just because today's equipment shows a patient to be "brain dead", does
> not mean he/she really is. At some extremely small level, the brain is
> still alive and working -- suspended animation perhaps -- however,
> today's devices cannot detect such small brain activity. Hence it's so
> much easier just to say the patient is brain-dead. EEG-readers have a
> limit to how small of a signal they can detect. The brain could still be
> alive and functioning but the voltages of the EEGs rhythms are so low
> that they are lost in the noise before present EEG-devices can detect
> them. Hence the EEG appears flat.

There is no fine wall between the præternatural and what breaks
scientific laws; they both are magic.