overpopulation town project

Alan

Oct 23, 2006, 6:05:24 AM10/23/06
Hi. I am writing because I am interested in overpopulation activists
in small towns. I am hoping that if overpopulation activists
concentrate forces like the Libertarians of the Free Town Project,
http://freetownproject.com/ we can build a majority that can replace
public school, playground, ballfield, and childcare funding with
contraception and abortion funding and end up saving a great deal of
money especially since Social Security and Medicare funding are mostly
federal and can be imported. Housing unit size could also be limited
to crowd large families but regular zoning is a big problem because it
makes it expensive for overpopulation activists to move in and build a
majority. Anyway, what do you think? Can such a majority be built in
your hometown. NYC is the only municipality I know of that funds
abortions and it is too overcrowded and thus difficult and expensive to
move to or build a majority in. And NYC's abortion funding is still
only a tiny fraction of their education funding.
http://freetownproject.com/
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=2140483&page=1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascadia
http://christianexodus.org
Three groups likely to be allied in this municipal cause are gays,
especially conservative gays like Log Cabin Republicans, retirees, who
would be hypocrites because they usually have grown children and
grandchildren but these grandchildren often live in different towns and
would be unaffected by local education cuts, and Libertarians who are
ideologically committed to small government.
-Alan Ditmore

From: ADit...@juno.com
To: edi...@outinasheville.com
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 18:30:07 -0400
Subject: succeeding in spite of efforts

To the Editor:
Contrary to most political alliances and strategies, LGBTQ people seem
to be making the most progress in the profit driven corporate world led
by Log Cabin Republicans and HRC. To see why, one need only look at
the economics of LGBTQ communities like Provincetown MA. According to
the 2000 census, Provincetown had only 8% children, compared to about
25% for the nation and 31% for the generally politically allied city of
Detroit. This means LGBTQ communities are fundamentally different from
most other minority communities in a way that is massively under
appreciated, totally politically incorrect, and lies at the very heart
of economic conservatism. You are largely nonparents, with the
economic interests of nonparents.
And despite all the political rhetoric, what the corporations can see
is that so far liberal government subsidies have done far more to
transfer wealth from nonparents to parents than to move wealth from
rich to poor adults; and when nonparents, like me, form communities
and more specifically school districts, we are relieved of huge tax
burdens and consequently experience economic (and environmental) booms.
It may behoove nonparents to better understand and acknowledge this
huge and inherently conservative factor and perhaps use it to rethink
some political alliances with minority parents versus those with
corporations.
Alan Ditmore, Leicester

See, I told you the ONLY answer was contraception, abortion and gay
rights. So get on task. The main problem is that the US town with the
smallest percentage of children is not in Cascadia. It is the gay
community of Provincetown MA with 8% children compared to about 25%
nationally. Does Cascadia have a gay town like Provincetown?
I will be voting Republican because they subsidize parenthood less in
the form of schools, childcare, TANF, playgrounds, ballfields and
family leave. They also reduce the population more by killing more
anti-choice people in the middle east.
Also, I am in the southeast and here the Republicans are further from
the center and therefore more likely to seceed so that you can be rid
of them. They are more for state's rights. Also, public schools teach
national unity, which is the real enemy of secession. So stop
subsidizing them.
-Alan Ditmore

Although I do some energy conservation work on a hands on basis, I
don't think much of it as a political issue because direct
environmentalism distracts attention and then funding from
overpopulation and contraception, which is the ONLY way to actually
stop global warming. The windmills were for electric generation, but I
don't much care. Seven billion people just cannot live sustainably and
efforts to do so are counterproductive and diversionary. Though we
could limit yachts to 400hp (you lived in FL, those big semi-planers
are truly absurd. It's beyond me why the little jet ski's get the
complaints.)
I'm more interested in defunding parenthood including public
education. Did you know that Provincetown MA is only 8% children? San
Francisco is 14%, the USA about 25%, Detroit 31.1%, Maywood CA (a
hispanic LA suburb) is 37% and Colorado City AZ (polygamist) is 60.4%
children. What effect do you think that has on property taxes?
especially since old age subsidies are mostly federal. Do you know of
any towns with a larger or smaller percentage of children than 8% or
60.4%. If I can find a town outside the Northeast with 8% children, I
will move there and pay the property taxes. Though Frisco is both too
big and too expensive for my tastes. Expensive may be inevitable
because low property taxes would cause speculation. My county is 22.2%
children.
http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/48/4805000.html
I'm doing a lot of political and demographic research on localities in
the west lately so I can figure out where I want to live. I can find
very little reference material on comparitive municipal politics. It's
badly neglected. There are many more towns to choose from than viable
political parties.

A libertarian county has already been chosen, Loving County in the
west.
See, http://freetownproject.com/
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=2140483&page=1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascadia
http://christianexodus.org
I oppose public education because I am not a parent and wish to stop
subsidizing parenthood. However subsidized contraception is very
important and far more cost effective than public education, and better
for the environment. Texas secession might tilt the balance enough to
make this possible in the rest of the country.
-Alan Ditmore

Local governments may be doing a bunch of myopic and reactive
environmental stuff, but they are doing almost nothing to reduce
fertility rates and are subsidizing parenthood heavily in the form of
childcare, playgrounds, ballfields and public schools. Do any two or
more members of this group live in the same town? county? state? Anyone
here in Nevada? AZ? NM? eastern OR? west TX?
-Alan Ditmore

Limiting housing counts does NOTHING for fertility rates and is a
myopic digression from overpopulation. So in that sense I am
pro-development. I want enough housing units for everyone ESPEICIALLY
domestic migrants who may be moving for political purposes. I have no
problem with limiting the SIZE of houses in order to crowd large
families, but I oppose any limits on unit counts, unit densities, or
building height.
An overpopulation town funds contraception and abortion INSTEAD OF
playgrounds, ballfields, childcare, or schools. It has NOTHING TO DO
with land use policies other than banning ballfields.
-Alan Ditmore

FRANCE'S HIGH BIRTH RATE PARTLY DUE TO GOVERNMENT INCENTIVE

France Only European Country With Replacement Level Fertility

France's "robust birth rate," which is "bucking the trend" of declining
European birth rates, is "could be attributed to government support for
people who have children.

Birth rates in European countries recently have reached a historic low,
with the largest and most recent fall occurring in Eastern Europe. All
European countries recorded birth rates of more than 1.3 children per
woman in 1990, but in 2002, 15 counties had rates below 1.3 children
per woman, and six countries had rates between 1.3 and 1.4 children per
woman.

According to a report released recently by the Organization for
Economic Cooperation and Development, France's birth rate of about 1.8
children per woman makes it the only European country with the
possibility of maintaining its current population through births.

France has Europe's second-highest birth rate in part because of
incentives offered by the government. Such incentives include:
Three-year paid parental leave with guaranteed job protection upon
returning to the workforce; universal, full-time preschool starting at
age three; subsidized day care before age three; stipends for in-home
nannies; and monthly childcare allowances that increase with the number
of children per family.

Juliette LaFont, spokesperson for the French Ministry of Family
Affairs, said that what distinguishes France from other European
countries is its "policy of giving women the choice to work or not by
giving them all of the services and financial means."

Annually, France spends $57 billion, nearly 15 per cent of its total
budget, for family and child services.

Kaiser Network 25/Sep/06

SOURCE: Kaiser Network, 25/Sep/06

From: ADit...@juno.com
To: issuesonlin...@yahoogroups.com,
populati...@yahoogroups.com
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 21:52:54 -0400
Subject: Fw: immigration and overpopulation/ gender selection

I'm a USAian, nonparent from near Boston but living near Asheville,
and an overpopulation activist; probably the only one near Asheville.
I read about India's population programs and hope they can set an
example to the world especially Pakistan and the Muslim world.
However I do think a couple of things could be done to make it more
effective.
One is that It should be remembered that females are the limiting
factor in fertility rates, it is measured in children per woman, not
children per person. Also remember that in gender empowerment is the
opposite of democracy, the minority has the power. Men have power in
the middle east not in spite of being a minority but BECAUSE they are a
minority because they die in wars and other violence more. Anyway, it
would help overpopulation to go ahead and allow gender selective
abortions, which would make women the minority. Then women could pick
and choose among husbands and control their relationships and
fertility. Usually women tire of bearing children before men and would
stop, but even if each woman had the same number of children, less
women would still mean less children.
Gay rights helps also because gays have a very low fertility rate.
Also compensated (money) to accept contraception or sterilization would
help and could approach the mandatory point as people will need the
money to pay the taxes that fund the program.
The ideal WORLD population is about 5 million.
-Alan Ditmore

Oct 27, 2006, 2:31:08 PM10/27/06
I can't believe nobody responded to my post!! Your telling me nobody
here is interested in becoming a local childfree majority where we can
save on property taxes as we save the world??!!
-Alan

Puppet_Sock

Oct 27, 2006, 2:39:30 PM10/27/06
Alan wrote:
[snip]

> I can't believe nobody responded to my post!! Your telling me nobody
> here is interested in becoming a local childfree majority where we can
> save on property taxes as we save the world??!!
> -Alan

Do you suppose it's possible that nobody wants to be told how
many children to have? Even if it's zero?
Socks

Alan

Oct 30, 2006, 12:49:41 PM10/30/06

No, that is not possible because for one thing this is a childfree
group with over 300 members and for another thing such a town would do
no such thing, just not subsidize reproduction and subsidize
contraception and abortion instead.
-Alan

Phil Carmody

Oct 30, 2006, 2:03:47 PM10/30/06
"Alan" <adit...@juno.com> writes:
> Puppet_Sock wrote:
> > Alan wrote:
> > [snip]
> > > I can't believe nobody responded to my post!! Your telling me nobody
> > > here is interested in becoming a local childfree majority where we can
> > > save on property taxes as we save the world??!!
> > > -Alan
> >
> > Do you suppose it's possible that nobody wants to be told how
> > many children to have? Even if it's zero?
> > Socks
>
> No, that is not possible because for one thing this is a childfree
> group with over 300 members

Newsgroups do not have members.

And your statement isn't just bogus, it's a complete non-sequitur -
there's no way that the readership of this newsgroup can affect
whether it's possible that nobody wants to be told how many children
to have, or not.

Phil
--
"Home taping is killing big business profits. We left this side blank
so you can help." -- Dead Kennedys, written upon the B-side of tapes of

The Rocket Scientist

Oct 30, 2006, 2:41:03 PM10/30/06
Alan wrote:

> I can't believe nobody responded to my post!! Your telling me nobody
> here is interested in becoming a local childfree majority where we can
> save on property taxes as we save the world??!!
> -Alan

You seem to have us confused with alt.support.jim.jones.cult.

Bill Sullivan

"You Guthrie? You bringin' in a couple of keys?"
- Customs Agent to Arlo Guthrie before asking for an autograph

Scott Eiler

Oct 31, 2006, 5:21:46 PM10/31/06
Alan wrote:

> Alan wrote:
>
>>I am hoping that if overpopulation activists
>>concentrate forces like the Libertarians of the Free Town Project,
>>http://freetownproject.com/ we can build a majority that can replace
>>public school, playground, ballfield, and childcare funding with
>>contraception and abortion funding and end up saving a great deal of
>>money especially since Social Security and Medicare funding are mostly
>>federal and can be imported.
>

> I can't believe nobody responded to my post!! Your telling me nobody
> here is interested in becoming a local childfree majority where we can
> save on property taxes as we save the world??!!
> -Alan

It could be, people saw your ambition of becoming strong like the
Libertarian Party, and said, why bother.

--
(signed) Scott Eiler 8{D> -------- http://www.eilertech.com/ ----

Perhaps I shall learn to walk in the dust of their wheels,
But to be false to myself - how shall I expose myself?
"Let us drink and enjoy the wine you have brought,
"For my path is already laid out and cannot be altered."

- Tao Qian (Tao Yuan-Ming), AD 365-427.

Alan

Nov 5, 2006, 2:18:01 PM11/5/06
This is the only possible way to liberate ourselves from breeder
oppression and save the planet!! Don't let it get buried in fluff!

Alan

Nov 15, 2006, 12:09:09 PM11/15/06

We cannot hope to do this nationwide because we are a minority, but by
moving we can build LOCAL majorities in order to do many of these
things, But we have to PICK A TOWN.

SEE:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.support.childfree/browse_thread/thread/612c36086ea1b295

If you don't I'll be going with the Libertarian free county project in
West Texas.
Anyone want to buy 10 acres near Asheville NC? Tentatively for
$80,000? They tax you for childcare and schools here though. That's
why I'm leaving and selling.
-Alan