I stirred up a bit of sh*t

Daria Wells

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00
I knew I shouldn't have posted to my other mailing list that I was a
card-carrying alt.support.childfree member, but I did. I'm just so
proud, I forget that it's not a popular opinion to be free of the
burden of children! :-)

Hoo boy, the breeders came out in droves. One member is my husband's
best friend. *HE* was the most vocal, going into the song and dance
about how "Selfish" I am and called this newsgroup "sick". Whatever. He
has a daughter who is about two but didn't want kids until his wife
(moo cow extraordinaire) *convinced* him it was soooo great to be a
parrrunt! And now he's hooked, singing the famous "It's different when
you actually have one". Tra la laaaa!

Strangely enough, a quiet Brit who never made a fuss stood on my side
adamantly! I guess I helped him come out.

Complaining to my co-worker/good friend, she understood. And will join
us soon. *G* She's never bothered with ng's until I told her about this
one!

Funnily enough, two of my co-workers are adamantly c-f, which is great,
because we can bitch all day to each other about "the others".

Anyway, suffice it to say, it was flame day for me, but I'm better now,
having ranted here and to my dear friend at work. :-)

Thanks for listening,

Daria

--
"Whither you wander, hither and yonder, letting your heart be your guide"

washu

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00
Good for you!!!

I'm still in the closet, lol. I **am** noticing my AOL IM
friends tend to be CF, and when someone posted a "Gifts from
God" comment on a message board I'm on, boy, did the fur fly! (:

LMK if you want a link to **the** CF article that tackles the
anti-CF statements head-on, as well as ask "questions every
persons should ask themself before becoming a parent". It'll
help you out immensely.

<< Hoo boy, the breeders came out in droves. >>

Screw 'em. In fact, screw your DH/bf (: while you're not
spending 3/4 million dollars compounded and thus able to have
Early Retirement!

Sex and money. What else is there? (:

(Hmm... posting this at 11:30pm. Gettin' kinda punchy, lol.)

Washu! ^O^

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

kestryl

Aug 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/12/00
<Snip>

> Complaining to my co-worker/good friend, she understood. And will join
> us soon. *G* She's never bothered with ng's until I told her about
this
> one!

> Thanks for listening,
>
> Daria

> --
> "Whither you wander, hither and yonder, letting your heart be your
guide"

<snip>

Well hello folks! :) <Placing a bag of double stuf oreos on the table>
I would like to introduce myself as the person in the previous post. My
handle is Kestryl, and be gentle with me this is my first ng posting. :)
And my mother always said I could only lose my virginity once. :) Pah! I
have been enjoying reading the other posts to this group, and hope I
will soon have something intresting to contribute. Until then, I guess
I'd be considered a lurker.

Kestryl
--
Why is it I can never think of anything witty to put in a signatu

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Laurie E

Aug 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/12/00
>From: washu palo0303...@aol.com.invalid
>Date: 8/11/00 11:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time

>I'm still in the closet, lol. I **am** noticing my AOL IM
>friends tend to be CF

Hi Washu... I knew you would "come out of the closet" soon enough! Glad to see
you finally made it here!

Laurie
Simplicity is the spice of my life

nosprogs

Aug 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/12/00
Good for you!!! I used to be a quiet closted CF until society
even became more child-centric. Now I am out, loud, and proud!
We must make ourselves heard or else the obssession over
children will never stop.

tibbi

Aug 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/12/00
In article <8n2v27$168$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, kestryl <kes...@my-deja.com>
wrote:

> Well hello folks! :) <Placing a bag of double stuf oreos on the table>

Mine, mine, mine! doG, I love those!

> I would like to introduce myself as the person in the previous post. My
> handle is Kestryl, and be gentle with me this is my first ng posting. :)
> And my mother always said I could only lose my virginity once.

I think someone around here sells one of those DIY revirgining kits.
Maybe we can dig one up for you.

Welcome. And don't be a stranger.

TudorLdy

Aug 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/12/00
In article <8n2v27$168$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, kestryl <kes...@my-deja.com> writes:

>Well hello folks! :) <Placing a bag of double stuf oreos on the table>

>I would like to introduce myself as the person in the previous post. My
>handle is Kestryl, and be gentle with me this is my first ng posting. :)

>And my mother always said I could only lose my virginity once. :) Pah! I
>have been enjoying reading the other posts to this group, and hope I
>will soon have something intresting to contribute. Until then, I guess
>I'd be considered a lurker.
>
>Kestryl
>--

Hold it! Once delurked, you're in. Tell us some more about yourself.

And thanks for the cookies. These are somewhat atypical of the usual offering,
but perfectly acceptable. Help yourself to whatever you like from the bar --
we have everything from foofy girl drinks to scotch, neat, or an assortment of
other fine beverages for those who don't do alcohol.

Welcome!

Meagn [temporary substitute chocolate inspector. Great -- thanks Lorz. Are
you gonna pay for a personal trainer so I can run all of this off?]
Remove knickers before replying.

tibbi

Aug 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/12/00
In article <8n500u$akd$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, kestryl <kes...@my-deja.com>
wrote:
> Now for the sproggish nightmare. I live out in a countryish area, lots
> of farm land on one side of the road and a few housing developments on
> the other. I work nights so usually sleep til 1 or 2 in the afternoon.
> I just heard on Friday that the farm owner directly across the street
> from me may be selling his property to the school district so they can
> build an ELEMENTRY SCHOOL there!!! ACK! A concentrated force of
> screaming cunt droppings right across the street! WHY ME?!?! I pay my
> taxes, I obey the speed limit, overall I am a relatively nice person,
> what did I do to deserve this? What I truely don't understand is we
> already have 4 elementry schools in our city. If they need someplace to
> stash sprogs I know a really nice deep well out in one of the farmers
> fields that would do nicely.

Oh you poor thing. Maybe you could do some research the discover some
toxic waste on his land. Maybe someone makes fake toxic waste,
something along the lines of that fake dog poop.

> Next question, being new to this ng thing, I don't know if I'm missing
> somthing here, but What do you mean by "Remove knickers before
> replying?"

People munge their email addresses in the From line. In her case she's
add "knickers" to it and you have to "remove" the knickers in order to
use the email address. It stops spammers from harvesting your email
address from posts on usenet. That's why I don't use one at all here.
I don't want to chance the spammer writing harvesters that can figure
out the munging.

kestryl

Aug 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/13/00

> Hold it! Once delurked, you're in. Tell us some more about yourself.
>
> And thanks for the cookies. These are somewhat atypical of the usual
offering,
> but perfectly acceptable. Help yourself to whatever you like from the
bar --
> we have everything from foofy girl drinks to scotch, neat, or an
assortment of
> other fine beverages for those who don't do alcohol.
>
> Welcome!
>
> Meagn [temporary substitute chocolate inspector. Great -- thanks
Lorz. Are
> you gonna pay for a personal trainer so I can run all of this off?]
> Remove knickers before replying.

Okay, I guess do I have a sproggish nightmare to share, but first... to
tell you about myself, I'm a 29 year old writer/artist who works at the
local newspaper to support myself. The job is fun, but I could do
without some of the stupid people I have to work with. Honestly the only
person I can talk to there is Daria. I walk on the Goddess path, and
have worked off and on with The Beltane Papers (Goddess magazine) and
the local Womencare Shelter. I have one sister who has bad taste in
men, and two semi-tolerable sprogs of her own. I would be the Crazy
Aunt and am more than happy to keep it that way. I am an avid collector
of tattoos and mp3's. I have 11 of one and 600+ of the other and I'll
let you all guess which I have of what ;) I am single and love it.

[...]

Why is it I can never think of anything witty to put in a signature? :-)