Re: FAB:Treacle

Message has been deleted

elliemae72

Sep 20, 2007, 8:15:20 AM9/20/07
On Sep 20, 8:50 am, Dori <d...@nokids.net> wrote:
> Posting the link, but I'll save everyone the pain of reading the
> fawning follow-ups by pasting it here. Then I think I'll go *bark* :-/
>
> http://www.city-data.com/forum/parenting/154651-im-invisible-all-moth...
>
> I'm Invisible...
>
> It all began to make sense, the blank stares, the lack of response,
> the way one of the kids will walk into the room while I'm on the phone
> and ask to betaken to the store.

Ugh. Talk about propaganda. It's okay to feel crappy, ignored,
invisible, work hard with no recognition or even basic
respect, never have new clothes or even have time for a
shower, and get up at 5 to make pies and iron table cloths
while no one notices or appreciates because GAWD does.

If I ever get up at 5 to make a pie, EVERYONE will hear
about it.

elliemae

ShichinintaiRox

Sep 20, 2007, 12:40:23 PM9/20/07
In a certain counterculture newsgroup, elliemae72 <ellie...@hotmail.com>
laid the foundations of future communication by writing this:

> Ugh. Talk about propaganda. It's okay to feel crappy, ignored,
> invisible, work hard with no recognition or even basic
> respect, never have new clothes or even have time for a
> shower, and get up at 5 to make pies and iron table cloths
> while no one notices or appreciates because GAWD does.
>
> If I ever get up at 5 to make a pie, EVERYONE will hear
> about it.
>
> elliemae

Why don't these parents ever have their kids help out with anything?? I was
helping around the house since I learned to fold towels. I still do it
today, and I rather enjoy it (except for washing dishes, I will always find
that gross!)

Why are so many parents with perfectly capable older kydz acting like such
freaking martyrs all the time?

It reminds me of that home security system commercial where there are
mountains of newspapers out on the front doorway step....anybody seen that?
The kydz are CERTAINLY old enough to open door and clean the step off, but
instead it looks like a trash heap because Mum has to do all the work
herself, and a burglar assumes no one's been in the house for days.

I hate that "martyr mentality".

Rox

elizabeth

Sep 20, 2007, 1:20:14 PM9/20/07
On Sep 20, 9:40 am, "ShichinintaiRox" <r...@spamsucks.net> wrote:
snip

> Why don't these parents ever have their kids help out with anything??

You mean mothers. That's because the moos must make themselves
"indespensible" by doing everything themselves, and making anyone who
tries to help feel incompetent, so they just give up. Men and
children are more than capable of doing for themselves, but if
MooMeeeeeee! is knocking herself out, why bother doing it yourself?

I was
> helping around the house since I learned to fold towels. I still do it
> today, and I rather enjoy it (except for washing dishes, I will always find
> that gross!)

I did a lot for myself, which my mother encouraged. We could all do
our own laundry, at least load the dishwasher, and other things. So
by the time my mother went back to work, she didn't have to do most of
the stuff around the house.

> Why are so many parents with perfectly capable older kydz acting like such
> freaking martyrs all the time?

Well, read the book, _The Mommy Person_ which was published in the
early 1970s. The women who breed do so because they've given up on
their own lives, and thus, must live vicariously. They know deep down
they are basically nothing, and to make themselves feel needed, act
like martyrs. You see a lot of wives, and a lesser amount of
husbands, doing the same thing.

> It reminds me of that home security system commercial where there are
> mountains of newspapers out on the front doorway step....anybody seen that?
> The kydz are CERTAINLY old enough to open door and clean the step off, but
> instead it looks like a trash heap because Mum has to do all the work
> herself, and a burglar assumes no one's been in the house for days.
>
> I hate that "martyr mentality".

consider where it gets them in life, and count your blessings you're
CF.

ShichinintaiRox

Sep 20, 2007, 1:42:48 PM9/20/07
In a certain counterculture newsgroup, elizabeth <efra...@hotmail.com>

laid the foundations of future communication by writing this:

> Well, read the book, _The Mommy Person_ which was published in the

> early 1970s. The women who breed do so because they've given up on
> their own lives, and thus, must live vicariously.

Whoa, forgot about that. I guess I don't think that way, so it's easy to
forget.

>> I hate that "martyr mentality".
>
> consider where it gets them in life, and count your blessings you're
> CF.

Oooh, I do. I certainly do, every day.

Rox

Ilene Bilenky

Sep 20, 2007, 5:42:36 PM9/20/07
In article <crq4f35469g21h03o...@4ax.com>,
Dori <do...@nokids.net> quoted:

> That
> would mean I'd built a shrine or a monument to myself.

Uh, yes. Isn't that what this is really about?

Comparing the drudgery of chosen motherhood versus the decades of
cathedral building for the glory of one's imagined god (with beautiful
results, if not a misbegotten motivation).

Gee, I guess the sticky kisses just aren't enough.

I must disagree that this writing is treacle. It would have to be a lot
better to be called that.

Ilene B

Message has been deleted

Millenium Hand&Fish

Sep 21, 2007, 2:09:39 AM9/21/07
On Sep 20, 7:13 pm, Omixochitl <omixochitl2...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> "ShichinintaiRox" <r...@spamsucks.net> wrote innews:XnxIi.15691$Lm2.7397@trndny09:

> > Why are so many parents with perfectly capable older kydz
> > acting like such freaking martyrs all the time?
>
> I bet it's job security.
>
> Think about it. Who's more likely to ask a housewife for a divorce when
> he falls out of love with her? The breadwinner who thinks "if she's gone
> the house will be a dump!!!", or the breadwinner who thinks "if she's
> gone I can still cook as well as she can and the kids can still do the
> laundry as well as she can..."?

You surely do not understand the male mind. For a man considering
divorce, the probable state of his house afterwards just isn't an
issue on his mental horizon.

MH&F.

Message has been deleted

Miz Daisy Cutter

Sep 22, 2007, 8:19:00 PM9/22/07
On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 08:50:53 -0400, Dori reached into its ass and pulled out
(in article <crq4f35469g21h03o...@4ax.com>):

> Posting the link, but I'll save everyone the pain of reading the
> fawning follow-ups by pasting it here. Then I think I'll go *bark* :-/
>

> http://www.city-data.com/forum/parenting/154651-im-invisible-all-mothers.html

I couldn't help it. I signed up and replied to both this and the other
thread. Both comments got deleted, and I found an "infraction" in my message
box.

Typical bovines. All sickening-sweet superstition-flavored glurge...until you
refuse to buy into it and tell them they're full of shit. Then they paw the
ground, lower the horns, and moo up a storm.

I left another comment. I'm sure I'll be banned anon. Fuck 'em, I hope I made
their slack bladders let a little pee into their granny panties.

-- Daze

Message has been deleted

meb

Sep 29, 2007, 3:10:52 PM9/29/07
Dori wrote:

> Miz Daisy Cutter wrote:
>> I couldn't help it. I signed up and replied to both this and the other
>> thread. Both comments got deleted, and I found an "infraction" in my message
>> box.
>>
>> Typical bovines. All sickening-sweet superstition-flavored glurge...until you
>> refuse to buy into it and tell them they're full of shit. Then they paw the
>> ground, lower the horns, and moo up a storm.
>>
>> I left another comment. I'm sure I'll be banned anon. Fuck 'em, I hope I made
>> their slack bladders let a little pee into their granny panties.
>
> Well, you just made me spit a little Pepsi on the keyboard from
> laughing. Thanks.
>
> I hang out on the North Carolina segment of that forum. I posted so
> much info relevant to relocating; which seems kind of stupid, all you
> have to do is Google for most of the stuff I post; that I was asked to
> be a moderator. I politely declined. It's such a stringent board; I'm
> so used to hanging out on this board and its Everclear strength
> attitude; that I couldn't go after people and cut posts according to
> the moderator standards.
>
> I got a post past the moderators one time that should have,
> technically, been cut. Mind, I'm not as active there as I used to be,
> precisely for the reason I posted the offensive picture. It seems like
> 95% of the posts on that forum are from Moos looking for relocation
> advice. Primarily, the question is "where is the best area to live?
> I'm looking for low crime/good schools/friendly
> neighborhoods/convenient shopping". That got so damned boring after
> awhile. And besides, such relocations with that attitude are doing
> nothing but creating sprawl and spoiling my adopted home. After the
> 50nth time seeing that kind of post, I replied with nothing but a
> picture: a locust horde descending on a village and stripping it bare
> of its resources. I got several private replies: "LOL!" I know why you
> posted that!", "Good one!", but the board replies indicated that its
> meaning *whooshed* over the head of most of the posters. I even had
> some questions about it: "what are those kind of bugs?!!" "Does NC
> have those kind of bugs?!?" "I don't know if I want to live there if I
> have to deal with those kind of bugs!!1"

Too funny! There's more proof that only the stupid ones are breeding.

-Mb