My mommy is in the hospital :(

High_Heel_Lover

Oct 21, 2007, 12:02:27 PM10/21/07
My MIL took her for a check up cause driving hurts me and my MIL came
in and I said "where is mom?" and she said "they are keeping her" not
sure why, I hope it's not her heart. Anyway thoughts and prayers would
be appreciated, thanks.

p.s., I posted this elsewhere and got a really mean PM stating that
nobody really cares.

Mr. Y

Oct 21, 2007, 3:50:39 PM10/21/07
I hope that your mom gets better.

"High_Heel_Lover" <davidwa...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

dolph...@fsmail.net

Oct 21, 2007, 4:46:29 PM10/21/07
On 21 Oct, 17:02, High_Heel_Lover <davidwattssu...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> My MIL

What does "MIL" stand for?

> took her for a check up cause driving hurts me and my MIL came
> in and I said "where is mom?" and she said "they are keeping her" not
> sure why, I hope it's not her heart. Anyway thoughts and prayers would
> be appreciated, thanks.

I hope things are alright. If she didn't know anything was wrong
before she went in then this is probably a positive sign - it means
that they have identified a problem and are seeking to address it
before it causes symptoms, discomfort or pain.

Perhaps you could ring the hospital to ask why? Or if you don't feel
up to making the call maybe your MIL could do so?

> p.s., I posted this elsewhere and got a really mean PM stating that
> nobody really cares.

What does "PM" stand for?

Dolphinius
(Male, mid-thirties, UK, self-diagnosed AS)

Bob Badour

Oct 21, 2007, 5:17:52 PM10/21/07
dolph...@fsmail.net wrote:

> On 21 Oct, 17:02, High_Heel_Lover <davidwattssu...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>My MIL
>
> What does "MIL" stand for?

Just guessing it might mean mother-in-law.

>>took her for a check up cause driving hurts me and my MIL came
>>in and I said "where is mom?" and she said "they are keeping her" not
>>sure why, I hope it's not her heart. Anyway thoughts and prayers would
>>be appreciated, thanks.
>
> I hope things are alright. If she didn't know anything was wrong
> before she went in then this is probably a positive sign - it means
> that they have identified a problem and are seeking to address it
> before it causes symptoms, discomfort or pain.
>
> Perhaps you could ring the hospital to ask why? Or if you don't feel
> up to making the call maybe your MIL could do so?
>
>>p.s., I posted this elsewhere and got a really mean PM stating that
>>nobody really cares.
>
> What does "PM" stand for?

I assumed it stood for personal message. When I read the OP's email
address, I found the mean response less shocking.

Terry Jones

Oct 21, 2007, 5:25:11 PM10/21/07
On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 13:46:29 -0700, dolph...@fsmail.net wrote:

>What does "MIL" stand for?

<snip>

>What does "PM" stand for?

"Mother in Law", "Private / personal Message" FWIR

It's odd though that the original post hasn't shown up on
Individual.net - It does show in Google groups, but the poster has a
rather odd history (at least under that "handle") - 22 messages posted
to 16 groups, with 14 of those being one post per group. Seems to be
the same post in all those I've looked at.

Some of the respondents think the poster is a troll. Maybe the
individual.net filters "think" so to?
--

Terry

dolph...@fsmail.net

Oct 21, 2007, 7:27:35 PM10/21/07
On 21 Oct, 22:17, Bob Badour <bbad...@pei.sympatico.ca> wrote:

> dolphin...@fsmail.net wrote:
> > On 21 Oct, 17:02, High_Heel_Lover <davidwattssu...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >>My MIL
>
> > What does "MIL" stand for?
>
> Just guessing it might mean mother-in-law.

That's what I assumed, although it felt a bit unlikely.

> > What does "PM" stand for?
>
> I assumed it stood for personal message. When I read the OP's email
> address, I found the mean response less shocking.

I use Google Groups at the moment which doesn't display the full e-
mail address.

While we're on the subject of acronyms, what does "OP" stand for?
'Original poster'?

Dolphinius
(Male, mid-thirties, UK [= Uploads Knowledge], self-diagnosed AS [=
Awful Singer])

Bob Badour

Oct 21, 2007, 7:42:39 PM10/21/07
dolph...@fsmail.net wrote:

> On 21 Oct, 22:17, Bob Badour <bbad...@pei.sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
>>dolphin...@fsmail.net wrote:

>>>What does "MIL" stand for?
>>
>>Just guessing it might mean mother-in-law.
>
> That's what I assumed, although it felt a bit unlikely.
>

>>>What does "PM" stand for?
>>
>>I assumed it stood for personal message. When I read the OP's email
>>address, I found the mean response less shocking.
>
> I use Google Groups at the moment which doesn't display the full e-
> mail address.
>
> While we're on the subject of acronyms, what does "OP" stand for?
> 'Original poster'?

Yeah, or "Other Person"

Ryno

Oct 21, 2007, 7:46:31 PM10/21/07
On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 22:25:11 +0100, Terry Jones <terry...@beeb.net>
foisted <9nfnh3trohp4crkik...@4ax.com> on
alt.support.autism.

This just in:

NNTP host for original post: 141.76.45.34

inetnum: 141.76.0.0 - 141.76.255.255
netname: TUDINF-LAN
descr: Technische Universitaet Dresden
country: DE

It may be a compromised address or rerouted via TOR, but I think
semantic analysis of the content gives a positive for tghe presence of
Unterbrückenwohnsitzer.

Ryno

http://rynosseros.com is an Equal Opportunity Annoyer.

--
Mercifully, Henry hit him with the soft end of the pistol.
--Vivian Stanshall, "Sir Henry At Rawlinson End"

Jeremy Reece

Oct 21, 2007, 8:15:36 PM10/21/07
Ryno wrote:
> Unterbrückenwohnsitzer.

That's one way of putting it :)

Jeremy

--
Georgian on my mind...

My Photography:
<http://members.fotki.com/jreece/>

toto

Oct 21, 2007, 8:19:25 PM10/21/07
On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 13:46:29 -0700, dolph...@fsmail.net wrote:

>What does "MIL" stand for?

mother in law

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits

Ryno

Oct 21, 2007, 10:16:49 PM10/21/07
On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 01:15:36 +0100, Jeremy Reece
<jreece_no_spam_p...@gmail.com> foisted
<5o28cvF...@mid.individual.net> on alt.support.autism.

This just in:

>Ryno wrote:
>> Unterbrückenwohnsitzer.
>
>That's one way of putting it :)
>
>Jeremy

I love my German compound nouns.

The German teacher, when I started secondary school, was the *coolest*
70-year-old, fossil of a man, *ever*.

Why? He saw I had an affinity for the work, but never pressured me. I
spent every German classroom period quietly reading science fiction
(in English) under the desk, and he pretended not to notice as long as
I answered all his occasional random questions to me.

I never scored under 90% for German while studying under him, and when
I left that school, German was not even an option at the next
establishment.

Here's to you, Old Bill, wherever you are, with my gratitude!

(These days the schoolboy is as rusty as his German.)

The Autist formerly known as

Oct 22, 2007, 4:02:26 AM10/22/07
Und wo (und wer) ist der ErzTroll als wir in hochsten noten sein?

Avec les neiges d'antan je pense :)

--
şT

L'autisme c'est moi

"Space folds, and folded space bends, and bent folded space contracts and
expands unevenly in every way unconcievable except to someone who does not
believe in the laws of mathematics"

"Ryno" <ry...@rynosseros.com> wrote in message

Ryno

Oct 22, 2007, 5:18:10 AM10/22/07
On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 09:02:26 +0100, "The Autist formerly known as"
<o...@ym.andius> foisted <ffhleh$nm0$1...@aioe.org> on
alt.support.autism.

This just in:

>Und wo (und wer) ist der ErzTroll als wir in hochsten noten sein?

He is understood to be in the Mountains of the Moon.

>Avec les neiges d'antan je pense :)

My granny left her ear-trumpet in the lighthouse, as eny fule kno.