Magnetic Mattress

FieselDE

Nov 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/6/98
I have myofascial pain in the lower back and hips. I have, also, been told I
have arthritis and have been thinking of buying a magnet mattress. Has anyone
had improvement of pain by using one? How long does it take to adjust to
sleeping on one? Thanks for your replies.

BillyFish

Nov 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/6/98
Save your money! Stay away from magnetic hype.

If you hurt enough, you will be willing to grasp for straws and I would not
fault you for that. During the next few days or so, notice how much your pain
fluctuates. That is so that you do not end up confusing normal variation for a
cure. Can you get your money back if it does not work?

As far as I know, there is no experimental evidence that magnets will ease
pain. Moreover, there even is no plausible unproven but logical mechanism for
that happening. That does not stop people from taking advantage.

> fies...@aol.com (FieselDE)
>Date: Thu, Nov 5, 1998 5:36 PM

Diwitt

Nov 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/6/98
I have RA in addition to FMS and MS. I sleep on a magnet mattress on top of my
air mattress and have been sleeping on the magnet mattess for almost a year and
a half. I have stopped occasionally thinking that the relief I feel is all in
my head but in 5 days I am back in major pain. I use the Nikken brand and was
loaned it on a trial basis by my Nikken rep. Maybe you could try something
like that. Whatever works for you is what I would go with. Diane

>Subject: Magnetic Mattress
>From: fies...@aol.com (FieselDE)
>Date: 11/5/98 8:36 PM Eastern Standard Time

KrissyJo

Nov 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/6/98
>>I have myofascial pain in the lower back and hips. I have, also, been told
>have arthritis and have been thinking of buying a magnet mattress. Has anyone
>had improvement of pain by using one? How long does it take to adjust to
>sleeping on one? Thanks for your replies.

I have tried magnets, tho not a magnetic matress. They did nothing for my pain.
In fact they gave bruises where I rolled on them in my sleep.

I'd say if you were going to try it make sure you had a money back deal in
writing!

Keep Smilin'
~krissy
-------------------------
Akron, Ohio
Visit my web pages at:
http://arthritisnet.com
http://members.aol.com/KrissyJo/RA.html

Harvey R. Stone

Nov 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/6/98
Diwitt wrote:

> I have RA in addition to FMS and MS. I sleep on a magnet mattress on top of my
> air mattress and have been sleeping on the magnet mattess for almost a year and
> a half. I have stopped occasionally thinking that the relief I feel is all in
> my head but in 5 days I am back in major pain. I use the Nikken brand and was
> loaned it on a trial basis by my Nikken rep. Maybe you could try something
> like that. Whatever works for you is what I would go with. Diane

Hi Diane, If it comes back in 5 days then all its doing is interrupting
your ability to feel pain. The reason I do not take anykind of dope
for my pain is--two reasons----I guess my pain is not bad enough or I
would and two--How do you know when your overdoing a joint and causing
dammage???

Harv
Houston,Tx

Diwitt

Nov 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/6/98
> If it comes back in 5 days then all its doing is interrupting
>your ability to feel pain.

And boy an I ever glad it does!!!

>How do you know when your overdoing a joint and causing
>dammage???

I ask my doctor if I "worked thru the pain" would I being doing damage to
myself of just causing more pain. He said, just causing more pain. So, I take
the drugs when I need to move and 6 hours later when they wear off, I'm
reminded that I still have RA.

I'm not a big believer in suffering.

Diane

ShadyNapa

Nov 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/8/98
There is a tremendous amount of information showing the use of Magnets and many
types of discomforts. In particular Baylor University ran a study using magnets
with Post-Polio patients. I have a copy of that study and it can be found on
the internet.

frushour

Nov 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/9/98
to KrissyJo
I started sleeping on a magnetic mattress about a year ago after I'd
experienced such relief with magnetic insoles in my shoes. I thought
that it was a bunch of hoodoo voodoo at first when I was first
approached about using this modality. I thought that i knew a lot about
alternative and complementary medicine but was a real novice in the
magnetic energy field. I can tell you that over a month or two I
realized that I couldn't/wouldn't sleep w/o the mattress and have a
smaller one that I take with me when I travel. Like the insoles, I
noticed the benefit over time, not an immediate earth shattering
experience. Now the strange thing is---my cat who has feline aids,
whenever she's running a temperature elevation & "feeling poorly", gets
on the mattress and doesn't want to leave. I can't explain the process
well scientifically, but I know that magnets have made a tremendous
difference in the management of my RA. Although my doctor thinks it's
all "hooey", she does allow me to try other treatments in conjunction
with her program, as long as I let her know what I'm doing. I use
traditional health care primarily but have found that massage and
magnets are a nice adjunct to my treatment regime. SusanF
vcard.vcf

charlotte le fleur

Nov 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/9/98
to frushour
I think you will find that all here are thrilled that you (and your cat) have found
something that works for you. But I think you will also find, that most of the
people here agree with your doctor. But I also know that a few of us (myself
included) have tried magnets without benefit.
Char Le Fleur
Iowa, USA
maybull.vcf

magnet...@my-dejanews.com

Nov 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/11/98
I am an Independant Distributor of magnetic technologies. I have information
on the products you have inquired about. Please contact me at
magnet...@yahoo.com

Fred R Cogburn, Magnetic Attractions

BillyFish

Nov 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/11/98
> magnet...@my-dejanews.com
>Date: Tue, Nov 10, 1998 4:01 PM

>I am an Independant Distributor of magnetic technologies. I have information
>on the products you have inquired about. Please contact me at
>magnet...@yahoo.com

I do not believe that magnetic devices have any effect on arthritis other than
depriving the victim of money.

I am willing to be convinced otherwise.

Bill Buchman

NGlover

Nov 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/17/98
Haven't tried the mattress but did try a bracelet. So did my husband. Useless.
Save your money.

Dave Morrison

Nov 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/18/98
In article <19981117184742...@ng12.aol.com>,
WARNING WARNING WARNING.Do not take iron supplements while using a magnetic
mattress!

Regarda,Dave.

Gamble HP

Nov 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/19/98
Guess what folks - yesterday I visited my favourite travel agent - NO, not
to arrange more travel, but to get an invoice.

He ask me how the magnet necklace he gave me was going, and I said that I
had lost it (forgot to put it on to visit him - don't want to upset him as
he gives us good rates), anyway he gave me another one and I put it on
and am still wearing it (guilt, guilt, for lying).

AND TODAY my left hand is killing me (BWEG) What I want to know is, is it
the magnets that are causing the flare!! hmmmmmmmmm

Regards

Hildagh
London, England (born and raised in Belfast, N.Ireland)

PAPrichard

Nov 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/20/98
Tried a magnetic mattress for my OA hips and back--useless. Pat

Norman

Nov 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/20/98
I think you have to soak it in a blend of three parts emu
oil and four parts noni juice.

--
"Laughter is like changing a baby's diaper--
it doesn't permanently solve any problems,

Norman Lampert
mr.b...@att.net

Prtyobscur

Nov 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/20/98

In article <72tgdp$dqv$1...@cantuc.canterbury.ac.nz>,
d.mor...@chem.canterbury.ac.nz wrote:

>WARNING WARNING WARNING.Do not take iron supplements while using a magnetic
>mattress!
>

> Regarda,Dave.

LOL, Dave...we have enough trouble getting out of bed in the morning, we don't
need to have to fight through a magnetic field..."We're at full impulse power,
Capt'n, I don't think the dilithium crystals are gonna hold!"

Warm regards,
Angela

"May those who love us, love us.
And those that don't love us,
may God turn their hearts.
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
may he turn their ankles
so we'll know them by their limping".
-old gaelic blessing

MRP121999

Nov 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/20/98
<<Subject: Re: Magnetic mattress and whatevers
From: papri...@aol.com (PAPrichard)
Date: Fri, Nov 20, 1998 12:30 AM

Tried a magnetic mattress for my OA hips and back--useless. Pat

My greatest discomfort(back spurs) comes when I try to roll over in bed. The
magnetic pad has a satin-like cover which I use on top of the sheet. So
although I consider the magnets worthless,I really am more comfortable moving
on the "sleek" pad.
Most people don't want to sleep on satin sheets but probably the same thing can
be
acheived by using a folded satin sheet if someone wants to try it. MRP

Prtyobscur

Nov 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/20/98

HBagnull

Nov 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/23/98
hi! I have been in 6 auto accidents, and finally ended up in an electric
wheelchair for 4 yrs. I started using magnetic products three years ago...I am
ON MY FEET and movin' BABY. I feel like I have a new life. I am so impressed.
Write to me at Maidst...@Juno.com and I will give you more info.... I
cannot offer you any explanations while on AOL>
Hope

HBagnull

Nov 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/23/98
Hey Fred,
How were you able to keep your message on line in the Arthritis Section? I
am a Nikken dist. and my posts have been erased by 'someone' who monitors these
posts. I have not mentioned( on the posts) that I am a Nikken-ite but that I
sell mag. products and will be glad to snail mail information to them...
I am in this business to help other people attain better health and
wellness and to walk again...
respond to me = (Maidst...@juno.com)

Harvey R. Stone

Nov 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/23/98

Thank you for not advertising because you know what aol will do and if
you do advertise I will find out what Juno will do.
Harv
Houston,Tx
ps your message has been saved.

Harvey R. Stone

Nov 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/23/98

I am going to ask you to stop advertising your products here. This is
a support group and not a place for you to make money. This message has
also been saved.
Harv
Houston,Tx

BillyFish

Nov 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/23/98
> hbag...@aol.com (HBagnull)
>Date: Sun, Nov 22, 1998 6:18 PM

>hi! I have been in 6 auto accidents, and finally ended up in an electric
>wheelchair for 4 yrs. I started using magnetic products three years ago...I
>am
>ON MY FEET and movin' BABY. I feel like I have a new life. I am so
impressed.
> Write to me at Maidst...@Juno.com and I will give you more info....
>cannot offer you any explanations while on AOL>

I am glad that you are recovering but how do you know that the magnets did the
job? How about all the other treatments you have received? How much did they
contribute to your recovery?

Bill

BillyFish

Nov 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/23/98
> "Harvey R. Stone" <h.r....@att.net>
>Date: Mon, Nov 23, 1998 5:10 AM

It is more insiduous than merely advertising. It is attempting to separate
peoples' money for very questionable devices at inflated prices. It exploits
the human desire for pain relief. It is evil.

Bill

Kitty Kelly

Nov 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/23/98
I hope you keep the magnets away from your head HBagnull. You sound
entirely waaaaaaay too cheerful about being in 6 car accidents!

dan etcheto

Nov 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/23/98

> > hbag...@aol.com (HBagnull)

> >hi! I have been in 6 auto accidents

> >ON MY FEET and movin' BABY.

Good! Stick with the feet and don't get behind the wheel any more!!!

Barbara McCann

Nov 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/23/98
> Bill, I agree with your above post. The people who try to sell products and promise releif are the scum of the earth. Trying to make money off of other peoples suffering is discusting, and is done by discusting people. Kenny Mc

tommy

Nov 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/23/98
I am in this business to help other people attain better health and

THWACK!
How did I do for the first one? I just had to test these new wrist braces!
I couldn't resist.

--
tommy

ASA Bios
http://www.poconosnet.com/asa_bios.html
New ICQ list available! Email me to get listed.

KrissyJo

Nov 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/24/98
>THWACK!
>How did I do for the first one? I just had to test these new wrist braces!
>I couldn't resist.
>
>--

Tommy!
That was a 9.2.....not bad for a first try, but you need a little more lift in
your upswing. Try it one more time! <g>

Keep Smilin'
~Krissy

-------------------------
Akron, Ohio
Visit my web pages at:
http://arthritisnet.com

http://arthritisnet.com/kids
http://members.aol.com/KrissyJo/RA.html

Cgskris

Nov 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/25/98
Well, I think that I may need total body bracelets, how do you think that would
look? That might be too much metal for me; but actually if one were going to
try any alternative therapy of any kind there is a reasonable way to go about
it. There will always be individuals who do not care what it takes to make a
"buck." It is unfortunate that spamers can legally seep into medical boards at
all...

I think that it is all in the up-swing! <G> Kristin

www.custom-glass.com

Harvey R. Stone

Nov 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/25/98

HiKristin, If it makes you feel better about magnet products. They
can come here and say what they want and how slick they are to be
overcome by information and clear thinking and the will to try protect
people who are desperate for relief. The advertisiers know what they
are doing when you see their product in the subject line over and over
and over and over no matter what is being said. Why else would they
put up with rejection over and over????
Harv
Houston,Tx