The Sufis whirl into the world of politics

Eric T

Apr 11, 2007, 4:49:06 PM4/11/07

obov...@aol.com

Apr 12, 2007, 3:27:18 AM4/12/07
Eric T wrote:
> http://sufinews.blogspot.com/2007/04/sufis-whirl-into-world-of-politics.html

It is certainly necessary for Sufis to be in the world, but since this
page (imo) begins with a fraudgelent premiss (Sufism originated with
Muhammed and is contained within Islamic), most of the ramifications
this page cites should be taken with a large grain of salt. Most
people (and Sufis are few in number) are not monodimensional, so I
think most of the activism noted is more to do with human needs and
less to do with the Sufic impulse. Maybe I'm splitting hairs.

Of course my opinions often seems beyond the remedy of a ton of salt,
so this post is mostly a result of my being awake in the middle of the
night and nothing better to do than type these words.

Take Care,
obo